PDA

View Full Version : Osaka (Soler 5608)

BadMan
03-08-07, 16:43
Went here for lunch this afternoon with a friend, she had been wanting to go. I am personally up to my neck in sushi:(Anyhow, made reservations, got their around 1, the place is nicely decorated. The place was packed, The service was good, a very attentive staff. I ordered the miso soup 14 AR, and my girl had the Langostino stuffed wonton soup, I didn't try hers though I was told it was quite good, my miso soup was just right. As an appetizer we shared the peruvian ceviche (don't recall the price) very fucking good, delicious actually. I ate almost all of it myself;) For the main course she had Sushi (don't remember how much they were) and I had the lomo al Balsamico with mashed potatoes. A big gripe I have about this place and the only ones (they don't serve evian and they don't have ahi tuna) What kind of sushi place doesn't have tuna? PS, sushi club didn't have it either.

Anyway, my lomo was delicious We also ordered mixed drinks, she had this strawberry concoction that actually had small chunks of strawberries floating inside and I had two Mojitos bez alcohol. Fucking great, the mojito was very VERY up to snuff.

In all, the miso soup was the best I have had in AR, and the ceviche was very VERY good as well, the mojito was also the best I have tried in AR, (they must have an excellent bar man) and the lomo al Balsamico was simply delicious, good quality beef cooked and seasoned just right.

I recommend this place to anyone interested in trying some modern japanese / peruvian fusion cuisine. I was very impressed and glad I tryed it out.

Goood service, great food and priced in accordance with food quality.

I paid $220 AR, and I ate extremely well. The cuisine is like I stated japanese peruvian fusion, they also have a branch in Lima.

Bad.

Here's the website,.

http://osaka.com.pe/

PS, always try to make reservations and in the evenings they are almost always booked so if you come without a reservation you will either wait a while or get seated at the bar, also they are closed on sundays,

Hunt99
03-08-07, 17:11
220 pesos for two? Very expensive for BsAs, yes?

15 months ago I had an excellent 50 peso all-you-can-eat sushi experience at Azul Profundo, reviewed here:

http://www.argentinaprivate.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2537

BadMan
03-08-07, 17:22
I think price has alot to do with what your order Hunt, I personally wanted to try everything on the menu. But I believe a Tabla for two with 28 pieces of sushi was like 50 pesos add a couple of salads and some water and you could eat for 100 pesos. You can go to any expensive restaurant and eat for very little. You just have to know how to order. But I honestly have to say, when I go out to eat, price isn't the main focus of the meal, it is the quality of the food and the service. This place might be expensive for BA standards, I guess, but the food is worth it in my opinion.

And note, I have been to the Sushi club in Puerto Madero and in Las Canitas and the Mikado in Las Canitas all in one week. The price for the sushi talbas were all pretty comparable, but the food here at Osaka was overall better quality and much more inovative and creative. Many places try their hand at fusion but very few succeed. I think this place succeeds.

But I will have to try your other suggestion.

Thanks,

Bad

Hunt99
03-08-07, 17:39
Oh, I don't doubt you that Osaka is good. And as for me I don't worry overmuch about price either, because when I am in Buenos Aires I am on holiday and am not worried about saving money. I will have to try Osaka when I am in town next.

If you're really in a sushi mood, BigBob7 has recently reviewed another old favorite, Dashi. There is also an excellent Italian/sushi place called Museo Renault, which has been one of my favorite places as well.

MiddleAgeGuy
03-09-07, 12:55
A couple things that were not mentioned here on Osaka, unrelated to the food and drink.

First: They do not accept credit cards so make sure you have a roll (no pun intended) in your pocket.

Second: This lugar seems to be the latest hang out for models to be seen. There is no mistaking that these girls are at the top of the economic and looks ladder. On a couple of occasions I saw 3-6 gals in this category come in with 1-3 guys. Unfortunately, when I was leaving.

Enjoy,

MAG

BadMan
03-10-07, 10:00
Yeah I forgot about that sorry, they told me like 5 times that they don't accept CC, when I was making reservations and when I got to the restaurant, only cash.

And in regards to all the models, I think the prerequisite for going their as a guy is bringing 1-3 hot chicks with you. There are always some beautiful women there if you are in the mood to "pick up".

Bad

Member #3320
09-22-08, 02:22
I had dinner here last night with another monger and here is my report.

GETING THERE: On a saturday night at Soler 5608.

RESERVATIONS: We didnt have any reservations and the place was packed with people. We gave our name and actually waited for 1 hour before we got a seat. In between, on the house champagne was served along with appetizers.

MENU: It was quite comprehensive and said that its a fusion of Japanese, Peruvian, Thai, Chinese! A English menu was available on request.

PRICES: It was on the expensive side definitely but it also depends on how much you eat!

AMBIENCE: No other words except excellent.

CROWD: Many high profile clients with many model like girls, who seemed to belong to the higher strata of society, enjoying a good meal. Lots of eye-candy and a good reason to give this place a visit.

FOOD I ORDERED: Its difficult for me to recall the names. However, in short I started with a Pad Thai soup, followed by Cebiche, followed by main course and a desert. For drinks I had Mojito con alcohol (It was incredible) Total damage to me was 185 ARS.

QUALITY OF FOOD: Excellent. I wanted to hit spicy and I got my "fix". For Mongers looking for spicy food, this is another good option. However, its not "extremely" spicy like at Empire Thai but its quite spicy. I liked the level of spice, trust so would you!

TRIVIA: The presentation of the food was very good, I loved the dishes they served in. It was chpsticks all the way.

Also, its a great place to come with a date (a non-pro only, Please!) There is a very high probability that she would be highly impressed and happy coming here. She may "reward" you in return!!

SERVICE: Good.

DO I RECOMMEND?

Yes, very much so. Its good alternative for people looking for spicy food and also for people looking for oriental food. It seemed very popular by the number of people flocking there.