PDA

View Full Version : Internet Cafes, Public Internet Access

Smuler
03-10-07, 13:36
Greetings. I am travelling to BA with no means to connect to this forum.

Any suggestions of where to go to access the internet (this forum) for an hourly fee?

As you can tell, I do not even have a laptop at home. Just a desktop.

I am staying in Belgrano, but just need a cool, relaxing place to get on the internet.

Regards.

Smuler

El Grandote
03-10-07, 13:41
When you arrive in BA you will notice lots of locutorios, most of them have computers with internet access. You can also go to the Alamo restaurant they also have computers with Internet access.

El G

BadMan
03-10-07, 15:34
Yes Smuler,

There are these locutorios everywhere. When you go to the apartment you are renting just ask them where the nearest locutorio is, You can also make long distance calls from these places with no problem.

Bad

Big Bob 7
03-10-07, 17:31
The only problem could be that the locutorio that you choose may be blocking this site and others with adult content. My last apartment didn't have an Internet connection so I feel for you. Luckily, I noticed that there are some Internet cafes here which are blocking adult sites but you can still access this site. I remember there being 3 places near my last apartment. In one there was no protection of any kind but it was set up in such a way that everyone could see what you were doing and it was next door to a school and flooded with kids in the afternoon. Not a great place to be thinking about downloading photos without being sure of their content. Then another place had blocked out of the World Sex guide site but not ArgentinaPrivate. (Maybe because there is no sexual reference in the title of this site) The last of the 3 places had me locked out of both sites and even wouldn't let me gain access to a site that I had been using on Colombia which does not deal in sexual content. I know of a great Internet place where every computer has its own cubicle and there is no protection on the network but the only problem is that it is really far from you. Still, if you don't mind taking the subte it could be worth it to be able to peruse the site at leisure and get whatever info you need without having to be worried about anyone bothering you. Its in the Microcentro near the intersection of Lavalle and Pellegrini /9 de Julio. It will be in the first block there on the left-hand side with your back facing Pellegrini. On the opposite side of Lavalle there is a MacDonalds (just as a point of reference) If you pass MacDonalds walking away from Pellegrini you already passed the locutorio. If you go there using the subte you would take the "D" towards Catedral and get off at 9 de Julio. Good luck with your search.

Chica Seeker
03-10-07, 18:37
Thanks Big Bob,

I have tried 3 different locutarios in the Microcenter and they all blocked portions of this site. I have not encountered this as much on my previous visits. I will bring my laptop next time despite the hassle of doing so.

Monger514
03-10-07, 18:59
I always bring my laptop. Granted, I need it for business, but it sure is convenient to have it with you and 24 hour access to email, pm's, forum content, etc.

Smuler
03-10-07, 19:48
Thanks everyone for the feedback. When I was in Amsterdam during Xmas, I was looking for a new found Superstar on their board. I looked every night for her where she was supposed to be, and never saw her. Then I got back and had a review telling me that she had moved to a different kamer. Do you know that I saw her every night, not knowing it was her, and passed her by because of no internet access.

Don't want to repeat a mistake this time.

Can anyone tell me what kind of fee I should expect?

Best Regards.

Smuler

Daddy Rulz
03-10-07, 19:57
Tell the guy at the desk the filter is closing your email, as you are an adult he will enter the password and disable it. It's no big deal, there used to be a place near my old apartment where I had the problem all the time. Common etiquite is don't view graphic content in view of others. If it's the text part of the board no problem.

Little bit of info to prevent confusion. The places with phones are locutorios, places that rent time on computers are cybers. Most cybers have the phones as well, but a lot of little kioskos have phones but no computers, so if your asking somebody where a locutorio is you may end up at a place without computers, but if you ask for a cyber there will always be computers.