PDA

View Full Version : Opera Bay

Slick1
03-22-07, 10:00
Went there last night about 6:30pm for the after work party. Huge multi level club. I was probably one of the first, if not the first, customer in the place. Within about an hour I was one of thousands. It was 30p entrance which included one National drink. I believe you can sign up on line for free entrance but you have to do it early before the list closes. This place really got packed and there was a ton of hot, available women.

I was alone but a group of 7 women quickly claimed me as one of their group. They were a group of professionals which included a doctor and a lawyer. It really was a nice experience as they would not allow me to pay for anything. I tried but they kept insisting. They even insisted I join them for a carne sandwhich out on the street. Even then they would not let me pay. I said I would even take them across the river to one of the Puerto Madero restaurants, but they wanted me to taste their traditional meat sandwich. It was okay, but I told them I loved it. Great group of girls, several of which were quite attractive. All were definetly looking for a nice guy.

The club gets packed on all levels. One observation, Argentinian guys appear to get drunk very quickly and can get quite obnoxious. I felt like decking a few of them but refrained. Most everyone in the place drank either the local beer or little champagnes for the women. By about 11, the place was rocking with women shaking it down to the latin beat. Very flirtacious and a huge pick up scene. I stayed loyal to my new group of friends but I sure was tempted by several beauties. I would definetly return but this place is not for everyone. In places the music can be loud but there are areas to escape the noise.

If you are looking for a bit of the local, normal action this place was happening. Dress code was mostly work attire. The men mostly had on button down shirts and slacks. A few kept their ties on. Not a real style conscious group of guys but they do try hard with the ladies. They really don't seem to discriminate against the less beautiful ladies either. They seem to get hit on just as much as the hot ones. Just my impresion but the arg. Men seemed to be focused intently on hooking up and their beer googles take effect very early in the evening, either that or us Americans place to much emphasis on looks.

It was nice finding a place where you don't have to wait until early morning to hit. Friday nights are also supposed to be good, but I suspect it begins to rock much later on Friday. My new group of ladies wish me to accompany them out on Saturday night. We'll see how it goes after the Comedor trip. I really did think the Doctor was rather hot.

Stormy
03-22-07, 13:09
What were the age levels generally. Is this all groups or mostly 30s? 40s? Would someone 10-20 years older than the famed Slick1 feel out of place? Nice report.

Jojo69
03-22-07, 13:22
You wouldn't want to be much older than 40 or so to be there for after office. The crowd does tend to be made up of young professionals.

Another place to try on a Wednesday for an 'early' night out is Museum.

Slick1
03-22-07, 19:13
How's it going Stormy?

At 47 I didn't feel out of place, but the crowd does tend to be younger. If there were more options for after work scenes I would probably prefer a more sedate scene myself. Several other places do have the after work party but as far as I've seen they all have it on Wednesday.

Now that it's Thursday I don't know what to do.

Hunt99
03-22-07, 19:22
At 47 I didn't feel out of place.

Now that it's Thursday I don't know what to do.Visit the local retirement home, perhaps? You can take Exon and that other fossil Daddy Rulz with you! :D:D:D

Slick1
03-22-07, 19:39
Yeah that's an option, but if take Exon I'll have to listen to that whole sperm management spiel ad nauseum.

Now that I'm back hitting the gym I'll have to take a young pup like you Hunt out one of these nights and show you how it's done.

Hunt99
03-22-07, 20:39
BTW nice report on Opera Bay, but my whole take on "amateur" pussy is that it is too troublesome to bother with unless you live in Buenos Aires. For example I don't monger here in Sex Prison, but since I'm here 24/7 anyway I get all I want from the US version of those desperate professional women you met on Wednesday night. However, when I'm only in BsAs for a week or two, I don't need the wine-dine-three date nonsense, I need a sure thing, which is why I stick to the chicas.

BadMan
03-22-07, 20:46
Thanks for the report Slick,.

I have so far managed to avoid these types of places, I hate the noise and I am allergic to cigarette smoke. But by the way you describe it it sounds like a place I might want to try once or twice, as long as your comments regarding hot doctor ladies hold true. What is the age range in this place, is it a mid 30's crowd? Or a mid 20's crowd? Just wondering. Also, the whole partying in a business suit doesn't really appeal to me, can I go dressed a little more modern (stylish) and not look out of place? Is the suit and neck-tie a pre-requisite?

Thanks,

Bad

BTW, is this a restaurant or a bar ?

Slick1
03-23-07, 04:02
It's a club with many bars and a restaurant inside, although the menu is set. If you've been to Puerto Madero you have probably seen it, it's the large white building modeled after the Sydney opera House, hence the name. I believe it used to be called Club Divino. I would say the majority of the crowd was in their 20's. 4 of the group of 7 were in their twentys. There are a good amount of 30 year olds as well.

I didn't do the suit and tie but I did dress stylish. Actually very few guys kept the suits on, most took the ties off and left the jackets in the car. The vast majority didn't have much style at all.

Cigarette smoke is a big problem but a large part of the club is outdoors or at least open air. There were so many people however there was not much circulation.

Hunt99
03-23-07, 07:13
The vast majority didn't have much style at all.I'm confused now. Was this Opera Bay, or a meeting of the Argentina Mongers Association?

Daddy Rulz
03-23-07, 15:33
I'm confused now. Was this Opera Bay, or a meeting of the Argentina Mongers Association?Stripes and plaids are the coming thing I swear.

Hunt99
03-23-07, 15:43
In all his glory, ogling a chica at Cafe Orleans.