PDA

View Full Version : Maria Felix (Guatemala 5200 Palermo)

BadMan
03-24-07, 03:46
Ok I have been wanting to try some good mexican food, hard to find here in BA, I have tryed Cabrones here in Las Canitas and didn't think it was very good, CBC is pretty ok but they are too far away and a 30 peso 35 minute round trip to Lavalle just for a burrito doesn't work for me. MCSE suggested I try this place Maria Felix. I ordered delivery tonight. I ordered a fajita combo that came with guacamole, chicken fajitas, tortillas, sour cream, beans and some salsa-isshh stuff. I also ordered a taquito tray for three that came with the same except the tortillas. I ordered a side of nachos and also a flan and a candied apple and ice cream dessert. Total price $116.

The food was pretty good, I must admit, not great but so far a very nice option for Mexican food here in BA. The fajitas were good, though not the classic fajitas one has in CA. The guacamole tasted ok but not as fresh as I would have liked, the salsa was strange and I would have reviewed it unfavorably but for the fact that it actually tasted good. Warning: it is not your standard salsa. The taquitos were pretty good as well and they threw in a quesadilla for free.

Though not the best, it was still pretty good. I would order here again next time I am in the mood for some pseudo mexican food, though it's too bad they don't deliver burritos. Anyhow, for those in the Palermo Las Canitas area check it out, it's not a bad option for Mexican.

Bad.

Here is the website:

http://www.mariafelix.com.ar/

Lobovoss
05-06-07, 22:04
After reading this Report and seeing the advertising in the Bs. As. Herald; I went last night with a female friend to Maria Felex. However it was a total disapointment. Since I worked all my life in the food and beverage industry, I will not trash the food of an other restaurant. However I like to share my experience with the attitute of the employees. When I was ready to leave, I asked the waitress if I could take a menue with me and offert to pay for it. To my surprise the waitress said no. Because their menu is nothing special and can be very easy printed I send her to ask the manager. After I waited 20 Minutes a young Lady came and ask me what the problem is. Again after explaining my request for a menu to take home and willing to pay for it since I wanted to bring it to a friend in the States, who collect menus. Again I was told no, because it is listed on the Internet. Can any one explain to me the mentality of the Argentine restaurant employees? Stay away from this place. I definately don't recommend their food and their service.

Thomaso276
05-07-07, 01:06
They probably thought you were going to steal their recipe for ojo de bife.