PDA

View Full Version : Airport Taxi Services

Jackson
03-26-07, 19:23
Greetings everyone,

I just recently returned to BA from the USA and as always I used the Taxi Ezeiza service at the airport to bring me into the city.

Taxi Ezeiza's booth is just outside the exit from the Customs area. When you exit the customs area you are confronted with semi-circle of taxi and remis services. Just ignore all the touts, exit the semi-circle, and Taxi Ezeiza's booth with it's blue and white sign will be just past the exit. You can't miss it.

The clearly posted rate to Recoleta was $60 ARS, which includes all the tolls, parking, etc. Immediately after I paid my fare, one of their porters took control of my luggage cart and we proceeded outside to the curb where a late model taxi was waiting. The porter insisted upon loading my four bags for me, for which he gladly accepted a 2 peso tip. I had purposely been checking my watch, and from the time I exited customs until I was driving off in the taxi was less than 8 minutes.

Frankly, I can't say enough about this service. No need to make a reservation, no appointment issues if your flight is late, no need to hump your own luggage, no need to pay for somebody else's parking, no extra charge for tolls, no waiting for or being "doubled up" with other passengers. Just walk up to the counter, pay the fare and you're on your way.

They also have a rate from the downtown area to the airport of just $48 ARS.

Their website is at http://www.taxiezeiza.com/

Telephone: 5480-0066

Thanks,

Jackson

Jaimito Cartero
03-26-07, 22:20
I just recently returned to BA from the USA and as always I used the Taxi Ezeiza service at the airport to bring me into the city.I've done the same my last few trips. The only time I've had to wait was in a busy time, and probably a 20 minute wait in all. Usually it's 3-4 minutes until you're going on your way.

Rock Harders
03-27-07, 00:23
Mongers-

I also have taken "Taxi Ezeiza" on numerous occaisons, and it is a secure, reasonably priced, and fast option. However, everytime I go to the airport the prices have inflated. Less than a year ago, the price was in the high 40's. As many forum members know, I live here and speak the language, so I always walk over to the departures area and catch a name brand radio taxi that has just dropped off someone and I negotiate the price, which is never more than $45 AR including tolls, parking, etc. Obviously this may not be the best option for new visitors or visitors unable to speak spanish, but saves at least 25% for experienced visitors who have problem doing this.

Suerte,

Dirk Diggler

Moore
03-27-07, 02:55
The price was about 35 pesos a few years ago but the desk price is fine and corresponds with inflation over the period. I see no need to prearrange a taxi service when arriving to EZE.

As Dirk says, you can get an immediate taxi for 25% less bypassing the line and cops - especially important at Aeroparque where lines are usually long. Just understanding numbers 0-50 in Spanish is sufficient even if you are a 400lb hawaiian shirt clad gringo.

SexMachine
03-31-07, 17:00
Finally landed in BsAs on Friday the 30th in the AM. Tried to follow Jackson's advice by taking Taxi Ezieza but they asked for 60 Pesos, which I think is little bit too much for downtown, but also they had a 30 minute wait which I wasn't going to do. Mind you, It was raining heavily at this time.

So I followed Dirk Diggler's advice and walked to the departure gates, hailed a taxi and was quoted 45 pesos. It was a fair price and I didn't want to lose him so I took it.

When I got off, he asked me money for the tolls and I said No Way. He was OK with it but he tried.

All in all, not a bad experience.

SM

Strad
04-17-07, 20:19
About this time last year, I posted I would grab a "Radio Taxi" at the Departure gate for A$R40+toll+tip to Recolata.

I heard this year's inflation is pretty bad, every body is increasing, that's including my Landlady as well.

So what is the Radio Taxi rate likes it now?

Thanks!

Strad

Jaimito Cartero
04-18-07, 05:25
So what is the Radio Taxi rate likes it now?There's the post before yours that said he paid $45p, just a couple of weeks ago. Normal booth is $60p.

Rock Harders
06-21-07, 11:49
Mongers-

I arrived yesterday at Ezeiza after a brief two week escape from Buenos Aires to find that " Taxi Ezeiza", Jackson's favorite, had jacked their prices up to $68 AR. On May 14th the price for their services was an even $60 AR. As always, I walked over to the departure area and non-chalantly flagged down a radio taxi Premium vehicle that had just dropped somebody off. I offered him $45 AR and he gladly accepted it. On the ride back to the city, he was asking how much the in-airport taxi services wanted for a ride and he laughed when I told him how much. These price increases are straight up tourist price gouging and its a pity.

Suerte,

Dirk Diggler

Jackson
10-12-07, 19:17
Greetings everybody,

I returned to BA yesterday from a week in Brazil. As usual, the tourists were lined up to exchange their dollars for pesos at 2.70 at the kiosk next to the luggage conveyors, completely ignoring the signs in English advising them that there were three banks in the airport that would pay them 3.10. I've given up on these idiots.

As usual, the first group of taxi service booths were offering $80AR for a trip downtown, but I walked past them to the Taxi Ezeiza booth where they were offering the same trip for $70AR, a 2 peso increase since last month. I considered going upstairs and hailing a street taxi, but I had a chica with me and extra luggage, so I decided to pay a little more for the convenience.

Their porter took all the luggage and lead us out to a waiting taxi, which appeared to be a new vehicle. The porter and the driver loaded all of our luggage into the trunk, which was able to hold everything as it did not have a bulky propane tank taking up space. All together, we were on our way in less than 8 minutes.

The driver was blessedly quiet as we drove into the city, which is fine by me as I prefer to spend the drive time contemplating my days ahead. Besides, having read the forum I was already up to speed with what was going on in BA. He took us directly to our destination without fanfare, which I expect as part of the service, but which seems to impress some forum members when they comment about other services.

Nevertheless, as the airport taxi and remis services continue to raise their prices, I think that in the future I'm going to start using Dirk's method of flagging down a street taxi as they are dropping off a passenger. I've done this before, although I've also had the airport police intervene on occasion and waive the street taxis off.

Thanks,

Jackson

Strad
10-14-07, 05:55
Last time I checked, the street taxi is still 45 pesos. You are good to go just be swift, the driver does not like to stop too long; he is afriad of the EZE police is watching.

DosLuna
11-23-07, 08:55
Just arrived and too tired to time my luck at the departure area for a radio taxi, so went over to Taxi Ezeiza where I was quoted $78AR to Recoleta. At this rate of inflation relative to last months rate quoted for Jackson, the rate of inflation is accelerating to the point that in 3 months time, the price will be over $100AR.

El Greco
11-23-07, 21:21
Just arrived and too tired to time my luck at the departure area for a radio taxi, so went over to Taxi Ezeiza where I was quoted $78AR to Recoleta. At this rate of inflation relative to last months rate quoted for Jackson, the rate of inflation is accelerating to the point that in 3 months time, the price will be over $100AR.Since Jackson's arrival taxi fares were officialy increased by 20%.

Welcome back to the inflated BsAs.

Sportsman
11-24-07, 05:01
Just arrived and too tired to time my luck at the departure area for a radio taxi, so went over to Taxi Ezeiza where I was quoted $78AR to Recoleta. At this rate of inflation relative to last months rate quoted for Jackson, the rate of inflation is accelerating to the point that in 3 months time, the price will be over $100AR.I arrived on Wednesday and went to the Taxi EZE booth and was quoted 70 Pesos to Microcentro toll included. I was told just wait in front of the booth. A taxi came by immediately and a guy loaded my luggage into the trunk for me. Got into the taxi and asked to confirm the fare with the driver. He said "80 pesos to Microcentro." I told him the guy in the booth said 70 pesos. He asked if I have a ticket. I said the guy did not give me any ticket. He said OK, 70 pesos plus toll. No, no, no, toll is included I told him or take me back to the booth. He responded OK then off we went. When we arrived I gave him a 2 pesos tip and he graciously said thank you. I would have given him a 3 to 5 pesos tip if he have said 70 pesos right off the bat.

Jaimito Cartero
11-24-07, 05:11
I arrived on Wednesday and went to the Taxi EZE booth and was quoted 70 Pesos to Microcentro toll included. I was told just wait in front of the booth. I always just pay at the booth. The 20% increase would apply to metered taxi's, I believe. The last time I went from Microcentro to the airport and used the meter, it came out to 41 pesos or so. So if they were actually using meters, it would be 50 pesos with the new increase. Add tolls, and you're still quite a bit lower that what they're charging. I think I'll just try to grab a taxi dropping someone off the next time, as these increases are really jumping up. Has the LP or CNG they're using in most of the taxi's gone up that much recently?

Sportsman
11-24-07, 05:18
I always just pay at the booth. The 20% increase would apply to metered taxi's, I believe. The last time I went from Microcentro to the airport and used the meter, it came out to 41 pesos or so. So if they were actually using meters, it would be 50 pesos with the new increase. Add tolls, and you're still quite a bit lower that what they're charging. I believe the fare from town to the airport has always been lower than from the airport to town.

Jaimito Cartero
11-24-07, 05:25
I believe the fare from town to the airport has always been lower than from the airport to town.That would be because there is a monopoly, or close to it for taxi's from the airport. Catching a taxi that has just dropped someone off, has always yielded a 20-40% discount according to other members.

El Greco
11-24-07, 11:31
I believe the fare from town to the airport has always been lower than from the airport to town.I went to the airport, for a coming friend of mine, after the 20% increase, and the meter was showing 55p and another 2,70 for the toll from Santa Fe near 9 de Julio.

Gave him 60p and he was happy.

I checked the TaxiEzeiza web site today for my departure and they also charge 60p to the airport.

http://www.taxiezeiza.com.ar/

Ben There
12-01-07, 06:32
I flew into Aeroparque, when I went out to stand in the taxi line. it was more than 50 deep. I walked over to departures and in 1 min had a taxi that had just dropped a fare. Worked like a charm

Jaimito Cartero
03-22-08, 02:49
Taxi Ezeiza was 88P yesterday. :(

Cocksuckers.

Exon123
03-22-08, 10:50
Both "Ass" and "Gas" have gone up in price.

Exon

Alan23
07-02-08, 22:31
Yesterday I used Taxi Ezeiza to the airport. They are advertising 65p total on their website - however I was only charged 60p. http://www.taxiezeiza.com.ar/

I never use them from the airport, only to the airport - due to the price differential. Their drivers have always been 15 minutes early for pick-up (so be prepared for "the knock" early)

Last year or so have been walking out to front of Domestic terminal, hailing a taxi there. A couple of weeks ago price was 60p with negotiation. I also have used the Manuel Leon Bus (same area, but to the left) many times! I consider it to be good service and value - but understand how many one-time visitors are not going to do this after a long flight. However they do deliver you to your door - so just a matter of time vs money vs convenience.

Big Lebowski
07-28-08, 14:22
I just got charged AR130 from the airport to Palermo Viejo by Manuel Tienda Leon. Last year it was AR75. Did I just get ripped off or have prices really gone up that much?

Sportsman
07-28-08, 14:36
I just got charged AR130 from the airport to Palermo Viejo by Manuel Tienda Leon. Last year it was AR75. Did I just get ripped off or have prices really gone up that much?It must have been their remis service. According to their website: http://www.tiendaleon.com.ar/home/home.asp That is the price.

I used their bus service instead and it was 64P round trip to their Madero Bus Terminal.

PS: Wow, just notice the round trip bus service has gone up from 64P in last month to 75P. I seem to remember their remis service was 105P last month.
I went from remis, to taxi, to private bus. Eventually I'll be taking the regular bus.

Sportsman
07-28-08, 14:40
Charged me 69 pesos on meter, July 16.That must have been from BA to EZE. Taxi Ezeiza has or had a promotion for 60P to EZE. But there is a premium from the airport to town. Last time I checked it was something like 98P.

Chris H
07-28-08, 16:43
That must have been from BA to EZE. Taxi Ezeiza have or had a promotion for 60P to EZE. But there is a premium from the airport to town. Last time a checked it was something like 98P.Thats is mostly correct, Taxi Ezeiza, charges 95P to town from airport, and 65P back to airport. At least that is what they are charging me today to go back to the airport.

Chris H

Gato Hunter
07-28-08, 17:39
I got a car with my apartment that was through VIPcar, they have a booth at the airport. It was 70 pesos.

This is for next week.

ComeOnDown
08-11-08, 01:48
Arrived yesterday and used the Taxi Ezeiza service from the the Ezeiza International Airport to Barrio Belgrano. I was charged APesos 95. At the rate their prices are going up I may have to take a cheaper mode of transportation (public bus) on my next trip. This time I noticed that most of the people on the queue to the colectivo are passengers because they had pieces of luggage with them as opposed to airport employees going home. It seems that they too are also feeling the crunch.

I wonder who gets to the magic 100 first my favorite spa place in Palermo or Taxi Ezeiza, I hope its the latter.

Member #3320
08-11-08, 02:11
I back the report of "Come on Down". I was also charged 95 pesos at Taxi Ezeiea today. The board at the kiosk clearly displayed the prices. Also, their website displayed the same prices.

I just wonder how "Gato Hunter" payed just 70 pesos, 20 days ago. Maybe, what he meant was from his home to airport.

Miami Bob
08-11-08, 03:43
After talking to Taxi EZE and the little stands just out side the doors, I pushed my cart down to where the departing passengers are dropped off. I offered a guy in a nice looking new radio taxi 70 peasos flat to near Callao and Alvear. He turned me down and said that he had to use the meter or there was no insurance coverage. This boy says OK, because I paid 70 pesos with tip in early June to near Village Recoleta to the airport. The meter rate have jumped 20% again. 84.5+ 4[tolls] + tip for carrying heavy bags= 90 pesos.

I have read about hyper-inflation, but now we get to watch it actually develop. Would Prof. Dick Head please comment on the structure that can lead to 100% per year inflation.

Before Argentinia used the peso, they used the austral. When they changed currency, the rate was over 1000 australs=1 peso. I can't remeber the exchange rate. The banking museum has a display re the history of argentine currency and all the simular change overs There have been more than.

A few situation like 10,000 to 1 change overs. I was shocked and surprised looking at this exhibit and thought how could a nation let this happen multiple times? Well we are watching the beginning of the problem?

Rock Harders
08-11-08, 05:04
Mongers,

The metered taxi rate from the departure area is still roughly $70 AR with tolls, I have taken a taxi as recently as Saturday and about 4 other times over the past month or so. I cannot figure out how Miami Bob got scammed for an extra $20 AR, the taxi probably had a fixed meter. You can also try negotiating to not use the meter, but it is basically impossible these days to negotiate less than $70 AR, because that is roughly what the meter would be and because the taxi drivers know the ridiculous prices that the kiosks inside the airport are charging.

Suerte,

Rock Harders

Miami Bob
08-11-08, 12:40
A new well kept samll sport untility from Premium Taxi would unlikely have a fixed meter? I would like to find out? This driver took me the direct root: auto pista to entre rios exit and straight to Callao to Jackson's nice large comfortable 1 bedroom on Callao. Rock, it could only be the meter, unless you live on the other side of Corrientes where there might be a 13 peso difference?

Thr driver was a pleasant who insisted on moving all of my bags and said thank you for the 1.5 peso tip. I was thinking of calling him for my return to the airport.

Bob

Seaman
08-11-08, 13:03
Yes, there was an increase of about 20%. The flag fee, and therefore all costs, went from $3.20 to $3.80. Since 1 minute waiting time and every 200m is charged at a rate of 10% of the flag fee, the total price went up.

MCSE
08-11-08, 16:15
You guys are too complicated.

The answer is:

You want to go from EZE (airport) to Buenos Aires. It's for free.

You want to go from your apartment to EZE, also for free.

Nothing to pay at all.

All you have to do is this:

If you want to get a ride from EZE to the city, bring a laptop, I'll give you the money and your ride is for free.

If you want to get a ride from your apartment (capital federal) to the airport, just make photos of a naked girl, and write down with her lipstick "BARTS. COM. AR" on her butt, or "BARTS THE LEADER" publish the pics under the barts apartments for rent thread and you get a free ride from your apartment to the airport.

Punter 127
08-11-08, 16:43
You guys are too complicated.

The answer is:

You want to go from EZE (airport) to Buenos Aires. It's for free.

You want to go from your apartment to EZE, also for free.

Nothing to pay at all.

All you have to do is this:

If you want to get a ride from EZE to the city, bring a laptop, I'll give you the money and your ride is for free.

If you want to get a ride from your apartment (capital federal) to the airport, just make photos of a naked girl, and write down with her lipstick "BARTS. COM. AR" on her butt, or "BARTS THE LEADER" publish the pics under the barts apartments for rent thread and you get a free ride from your apartment to the airport.Just envision Hilda / Mirta from Exedra on your web page nude with "BARTS. COM. AR" on her butt, or "BARTS THE LEADER" painted on her ass. I ’ll bet Exon is calling her right now.

Gato Hunter
08-11-08, 18:20
If you want to get a ride from EZE to the city, bring a laptop, I'll give you the money and your ride is for free.The going rate for importing a laptop is much better than 70 pesos.

That is not worth the time or the gas to drive to Best Buy etc to get the thing, let alone lug it there.

Gato Hunter
08-20-08, 00:01
I left Sunday night from right by the Dazzler hotel. Paraguay y Cerrito.

I grabbed a cab off the street. The guy gave me the option of 80 pesos or running the meter. He paid the tolls.

It was a gamble but knowing how dead Sunday night was I went with the meter. It was 66.50, and took 30 minutes. Zero traffic.

Sportsman
08-20-08, 00:28
I left Sunday night from right by the Dazzler hotel. Paraguay why Cerrito.

I grabbed a cab off the street. The guy gave me the option of 80 pesos or running the meter. He paid the tolls.

It was a gamble but knowing how dead Sunday night was I went with the meter. It was 66.50, and took 30 minutes. Zero traffic.Taxi Ezeiza would have cost you $65. But you would to call them for a reservation few hours ahead of time.

Gipse
08-20-08, 18:14
From airport to center city this week:

Remis: 120p.

EZE Taxi: 95p.

Taxi infront: 80p

Moore
08-21-08, 01:40
From airport to center city this week:

Remis: 120p.

EZE Taxi: 95p.

Taxi infront: 80p95p = US$ 32.

Wow, that's what it was in USD (32p = 32 USD) just before the 2002 devaluation.

200% peso inflation since the DV. Closer to 300% in USD since the peso dropped to almost 4.00 in mid 2002.

MCSE
08-21-08, 02:03
95p = US$ 32.

Wow, that's what it was in USD (32p = 32 USD) just before the 2002 devaluation.

200% peso inflation since the DV. Closer to 300% in USD since the peso dropped to almost 4.00 in mid 2002.Yes, and that demonstrates my old theory. Prices got back to their original state, cabs in general, and salaries are back to their 2001 prices, which, by the way were cheaper than in 1998. Remember Argentina experienced a deflation from 1998 to 2001. However, there are some variations like in real estate (doubled or more) and it's also important to consider the global inflation. Prices are higher compared to Argentina in 2001 itself, but that's not fair, since today all the world it's related, thus, inflated. Europe experienced a great inflation in 10 years too.

Travlnman
09-13-08, 16:12
On 12 September I caught a taxi from the area where the taxis drop off departing passengers. The driver wanted 75 pesos. I offered 60. He was firm. I was firm and declined. He then accepted my offer of 60 pesos and took me to the Paleremo Botanico area (Las Heras and Scalabrini Ortiz) He also handled my bags. I tipped him 10 pesos.

I believe that the drivers who drop off the passengers are risking driving back empty and, quite possibly would even accept less than the 60 pesos. In April 08 I left from Palermo Botanico to go to EZE and was advised by a local that 60 pesos for departing passengers is normal. And that is what was charged me when I left.

Exon123
09-13-08, 16:21
On 12 September I caught a taxi from the area where the taxis drop off departing passengers. The driver wanted 75 pesos. I offered 60. He was firm. I was firm and declined. He then accepted my offer of 60 pesos and took me to the Paleremo Botanico area (Las Heras and Scalabrini Ortiz) He also handled my bags. I tipped him 10 pesos.

I believe that the drivers who drop off the passengers are risking driving back empty and, quite possibly would even accept less than the 60 pesos. In April 08 I left from Palermo Botanico to go to EZE and was advised by a local that 60 pesos for departing passengers is normal. And that is what was charged me when I left.Congratulations you fucked the cab driver out of $5.00 USD.

But you are right, if someone is hunting for a rock bottom fare into the city your best bet is to hail a cab thats dropping someone off.

I personally pay more and have Ana Luna pick me up & drop me off.

Exon

Rock Harders
09-13-08, 17:17
Mongers,

Get it right, Exon is only 93 years old, lights his cigars with a 500 Euro bill, and is only kept alive by bi-annual total blood transfusions (ala Keith Richards) He was once married to Anna Nicole Smith a long, long time ago and barely remembers it. Nowadays, in order to keep his sexual performances up to par (and even THINK about getting a hardon) he needs to keep a steady stream of a minimum of 1 gram of Viagra circulating in his system 24/7/365, and even then, once in a while, and if the wind is right and maybe on his birthday he might be able to get a hardon that lasts exactly 1 minute and 35 seconds. Once every 90 days he can get away with using two popsicle sticks and a roll of tape to the same effect.

Anyway, the fair and standard taxi rate from the departure area at Ezeiza airport to the Recoleta area is now $70 AR including tolls. This is the exact same rate you would get from the city to the airport using the meter. Anything more is a rip-off and anything less is almost unattainable and could not be repeated by regular mongers in regular circumstances.

Suerte,

Rock Harders

Exon123
09-13-08, 18:41
Exon, I heard you are a multi-millionare and got money to burn? I even heard you light your cigarettes / cigar at times with a 100 US$ bill? Damn!

However, everyone is not lucky as you. So though you continue to preach giving extra money to cab drivers and the girls but there are people on budget. Every 5$ matters since we don't light our cigarettes with 100 US$ bills like you!

You should consider making a will and giving a major party of it in charity to the poor people of Buenos Aires considering that I heard your one leg is hanging in the grave? People say you are 100 years old, is it true?

Anyway, pardon me for sounding harsh but stop preaching and supporting the poor people of Buenos Aires as everyone is not a 100 year old multimillionaire like you!Well you heard wrong, you fucking Exon you.

Exon

Daddy Rulz
09-14-08, 02:28
CockSuckerIt's nice to know there are a few things in life you can rely on with absolute certainty.

Banknote will rant about things absolutely unrelated to the posts he quotes and Exon will respond with his favorite pithy retort. Like the cheese eating surrender monkeys would say, "Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose."

Jaggar
09-19-08, 21:34
Is it dangerous to take a taxi from Recoleta to EZE at 2AM? If so, what is advised?

Thanks in advance,

Jaggar

Sportsman
09-20-08, 02:44
Is it dangerous to take a taxi from Recoleta to EZE at 2AM? If so, what is advised?

Thanks in advance,

JaggarThough I never had a late night pick up for EZE, I wouldn't have any problem just getting a taxi off the street. But to make you feel a little safer, you can call Taxi Ezeiza to reserve a ride.

You must call a few hours ahead of time to reserve the ride. The current flat rate charge is $65 to the airport.

Gipse
10-05-08, 06:55
There was a long line at the ezetaxi station in the terminal. Actually, it was a short line just felt like a long line because it was taking too long. Decided to walk out and grab a taxi of the street. Piece of cake for my first time. Cost $80p. I was happy to be in Buenos Aires so didn't feel like haggling for $5p /10p.

Member #3320
10-11-08, 14:54
Mongers,

I was trying to be experimental on my way back from city to the airport. So, I did not book a remi from apartment to airport via Ezeiza remi services who are offering a ride just for 65ARS. Instead, I headed on the street and was trying to take a taxi in mid afternoon. I stopped about 5-7 taxis, all of them wanted 80ARS -90 ARS. I offered 70ARS to all of them but none agreed. Finally, I got one taxi guy who somehow agreed for 70ARS but at the airport he requested me to pay him 2 pesos more. So in all 72ARS.

Newbies, if you have to go from your apartment to international airport of BA, do not even bother going on road and hailing a taxi. Just order a Remi from Ezeiza remi services. Their phone number and prices are listed on their webpage. However, you try to book at least one day or several hours before as they are usually very heavily booked.

They are very safe, convenient and the cheapest!!

Saludos.

Aqualung
10-11-08, 21:02
Mongers,

I was trying to be experimental and was being lazy. I did not book a remi from apartment to airport via Ezeiza remi services who are offering a ride just for 65ARS. Instead, I headed on the street and was trying to take a taxi in mid afternoon. I stopped about 10 taxis, all of them wanted 80ARS -90 ARS. I offered 70ARS to all of them but none agreed. Finally, I got one taxi guy who somehow agreed for 70ARS but at the airport he requested me to pay him 2 pesos more. So in all 72ARS.

Newbies, if you have to go from your apartment to international airport of BA, do not even bother going on road and hailing a taxi. Just order a Remi from Ezeiza remi services. Their phone number and prices are listed on their webpage. However, you try to book at least one day or several hours before as they are usually very heavily booked.

They are very safe, convenient and the cheapest!

Saludos.Wow, your laziness cost you two full Dollars!

Exon, I'll leave it to you!;)

Member #3320
10-11-08, 21:07
Wow, your laziness cost you two full Dollars! Aqualung:

Well, doesnt matter if its two dollars or two cents.

A penny saved is a penny earned! I don't have a inheritance or a family business waiting for me!

Having said that, I do firmly believe and practice charity with people far more poor than taxi drivers of BA!!

The purpose of my report was to advise newbies about the cheapest and easiest way to reach the airport from the heart of the city via a simple phone call. It is not a question of 2 dollars or 2 cents. It is about paying the right price, convenience and not getting conned in a foreign country!

And finally, no need to wink and incite Exon to put a nasty comment against me. If you have anything more to say on this, you can do it yourself via the post or a personal message.

Neither their is a need to feel very proud of yourself if you spend 80 or 90 pesos to Ezieza ( though highly unlikely considering your skills with Spanish language), but if you do, you are just being simply foolish as per me.

Exon123
10-11-08, 21:28
Wow, your laziness cost you two full Dollars!

Exon, I'll leave it to you!;)Cheap CockSuckers.

Last time I took a cab to the Airport I caught in front of Roxana's apartment, it was $48 peso's to EZE.

Course that was a year or so ago.

Exon

Member #3320
10-11-08, 21:36
Cheap CockSuckers.

ExonOk, so people who like to do things economically are cheap cocksuckers and those who are spendthrift are Foolish Cocksuckers!

Take your pick, everyone concerned.

BadMan
10-11-08, 23:19
Taxi's and Remis services are two different things.

Taxi's are currently somewhere between $ 60-$ 90 pesos to and from the airport depending on your luck.

Remis services (unmarked private car service) are usually somewhere around $ 90 - $ 180 pesos depending on different factors including English speaking drivers and age, make and model of private car offered.

I usually tend to think of time as money and the time spent looking for the cheapest deal usually ends up costing me more so I end up choosing quality and reliability of service as opposed to basing all my decisions on cost. But that's just me.

To each his own.

Regards,

BM.

Aqualung
10-12-08, 01:20
There are also a point or two to keep in mind. First, the "cheaper" remises probably aren't correctly inscribed in the CNRT and therefore don't have the correct insurance for public transport and the driver doesn't have the correct professional driving licence. Get hurt in a traffic accident in one of those cars and no insurance covers you. (and don't bother trying to sue the driver - he probably doesn't have anything of value in his name) -

Second, it's illegal for taxis to carry passengers with the clock turned off so the passenger must pay and the driver charge the price marked on it and once past the General Paz avenue the passenger must pay double because a "Capital" taxi isn't allowed to pick up fares out of the Federal City so he must return empty. Of course no one does this as they would never get a trip out of the city. There is also a per bag fee. I don't know how much it is now (or would be if the cab driver decided to charge for each bag transported - Once again, no one applies this fee but it exists)

The same way Ezeiza taxis aren't permitted to pick up fare in Capital Federal so technically an Ezeiza cab coming into town to pick you up is against the law! Insurance companies can refuse to pay if they discover any irregularity so here again you may find you are not covered in the case of an accident!

The highway toll went up some ten days ago between 200 and 300%. The 25 de Mayo Highway toll went from 2 pesos to 4 pesos during rush hour and 3 pesos otherwise. A car to Ezeiza goes through two toll booths so a cab from Ezeiza coming into town to pick up a fare has four tolls. I can assure you there is no way a cab from Ezeiza can make a profit charging you $65 unless they are skimping on other costs therefore you may end up saving a very expensive two bucks!

So if you are on a budget trip and two Dollars are important to you have a beer or two less during your stay but hire a reliable remise service for your transfers or if you really need to save take the 86 bus or even the train from Constitucion station to Ezezia station and the bus from there to the airport.

But, of course, as Badman says "each to his own".

Member #3320
10-12-08, 16:50
Taxi's and Remis services are two different things.

Taxi's are currently somewhere between $ 60-$ 90 pesos to and from the airport depending on your luck.

Remis services (unmarked private car service) are usually somewhere around $ 90 - $ 180 pesos depending on different factors including English speaking drivers and age, make and model of private car offered.

I usually tend to think of time as money and the time spent looking for the cheapest deal usually ends up costing me more so I end up choosing quality and reliability of service as opposed to basing all my decisions on cost. But that's just me.

To each his own.

Regards,

BM.Badman,

Thanks for the input. I agree with you, that time is money.

Thats why I felt that instead of standing on road with your luggage and hailing taxis, its better to use the convenience of the phone and hire via Ezieza Taxi service. Though you can even ask for a Radio Taxi on the phone, but am not sure if all yellow radio taxis are legally allowed to enter the Ezeize area.

Also, this Taxi Ezeiza call themselves taxis but they are using private unmarked cars. So am not sure whether to call it a taxi or a remi!

Member #3320
10-12-08, 16:57
I can assure you there is no way a cab from Ezeiza can make a profit charging you $65 unless they are skimping on other costs therefore you may end up saving a very expensive two bucks!

So if you are on a budget trip and two Dollars are important to you have a beer or two less during your stay but hire a reliable remise service for your transfers or if you really need to save take the 86 bus or even the train from Constitucion station to Ezezia station and the bus from there to the airport.

But, of course, as Badman says "each to his own".Its not about budget travel, its about spending money on things which are important to the persons concerned. eg I met one monger in BA who would spend 200 or 300 USD every other night at Madahos or Black but would not like to spend 70ARS on a decent meal in BA. I asked him about it and he replied that he has come to BA to spend money on whores not on food!!So to each his own.

BTW, Ezeiza taxi service is doing great business and most of the time have a heavy booking. So despite your long lecture above on insurance and what can happen if one dares to use Ezeiza Taxi service, people will continue to do so.

If one starts worrying about perils of using a taxi charging 65ARS instead of 85ARS, one might as well stop mongering and stop traveling because anything can happen anywhere.

The cheap Aerolineas flight can crash, the fucked up subte can crash, the 100ARS worth expensive remi can meet with an accident or breakdown in the rough district on outskirts of BA, one may get STDs while mongering, one may get robbed while walking late in the night on the streets of BA after a late night at a Boliche, one may get conned by a *****, the list is endless.I wonder if the insurance covers for all this!!!

In my opinion, one has to be a optimist not a pessimist and think " damn, what will happen if this 65ARS taxi driver doesnt know driving or what will the insurance guys say if he indeed doesnt know driving and something happens!" ja! Ja!

Aqualung
10-12-08, 23:58
If one starts worrying about perils of using a taxi charging 65ARS instead of 85ARS, one might as well stop mongering and stop traveling because anything can happen anywhere.You are absolutely right Captain! I agree with you wholly. If you start worrying about paying two Dollars more on a cab ride you might as well stop mongering!

Dickhead
10-13-08, 00:15
The highway toll went up some ten days ago between 200 and 300%. The 25 de Mayo Highway toll went from 2 pesos to 4 pesos during rush hour and 3 pesos otherwise. A car to Ezeiza goes through two toll booths so a cab from Ezeiza coming into town to pick up a fare has four tolls. I'm having a little bit of trouble with this math. I know there's been a lot of inflation but is Argentina now inflating percentage calculations? Isn't an increase from 2 pesos to 4 100% and from 2 to 3 50%? Help me out here.

Member #3320
10-13-08, 01:00
You are absolutely right Captain! I agree with you wholly. If you start worrying about paying two Dollars more on a cab ride you might as well stop mongering!Aqualung:

Saving 2 dollars on a cab ride or a meal or on a haircut or on a plane ticket has nothing to do with the mongering bit, its just about day to day economics in one's daily life.

Your statement above is like connecting shitting to eating food! Because we have to shit after eating, so might as well stop eating? Sounds dumb, right?

So, thats exactly how your statement quoted above sounds!

Aqualung
10-13-08, 01:02
I'm having a little bit of trouble with this math. I know there's been a lot of inflation but is Argentina now inflating percentage calculations? Isn't an increase from 2 pesos to 4 100% and from 2 to 3 50%? Help me out here.That is correct - it should have read between 50 and 300%. The rise has been different for each toll station and different for each type of vehicle. I only quote the rise for automobiles at the 25 de Mayo toll station as it happens to be the only one relevant to my post but if your Spanish is good enough you can read the whole article with all the different tolls here.

http://www.26noticias.com.ar/fuerte-aumento-del-peaje-en-autopistas-portenas-75430.html

If you have a problem reading it send me a pm and I'll translate it for you.

Dickhead
10-13-08, 02:04
"If you have a problem reading it send me a pm and I'll translate it for you."

I can read Gabriel Garcia Marquez in the original Spanish so I think I can read any newspaper article I need to. Any time you are wrong you like to bait me with that. But thanks for your offer to translate. I couldn't give less of a fuck about the tolls since I would never take a taxi to the airport. And yeah, obviously a toll increase will eventually flow through to the mass transit prices. Oh wait a minute; maybe not. Can you say irrational subsidies?

Master J
10-13-08, 02:51
Since beginning traveling to BA in 2002, I had the Hilton car service pick me up at the airport upon arrival. After a hour trip between all the modes of transportation, I enjoyed seeing my name on a sign the minute I exited customs. In fact the hotel driver became a steady and he took me and my ex to the other aiport when we went to Cordoba.

Now that I use http://www.buenosaireshousing.com.ar/ I have her arrange her service for 90 ars in Jan. And 105 in September. My logic is that all the responsibilty is on them to make the connetion. With over 150 lbs of luggage, 1500 in electronics, and being a little on the tired side, I am more than happy to overpay the hardworking drivers who was there on time with sign for a Sunday 8:00 am pick for an extra maybe $15! I also know that the agent may get a bump, but it up to them to make sure I labnd in the aprtment safe. When there was delay last time the driver waited 10 minutes with me and then hekped load me into the coffee place on Chenault and explain my situation.

I work hard and I can splurge on this luxury for security and peace of mind. I have on occasion used the remis service at the airport and have called metaxi, very reliable as well. It cost me one more shot at Microcenter, but for me it is worth it. BTW the Hilton was $112 a nite in 2002, also well worth it. I trust none will get bent out of shape on my need for this little luxury. I am very OK with it. I have also used Ana at times

Sportsman
10-16-08, 17:21
Even I don't take taxi to the airport anymore, but I have observed in the past that if you go to the airport for the evening flights on Sundays or holidays, chances are a taxi off the street running on meter will be cheaper than the current Taxi EZE 65 pesos flat rate. But any other day you'll be better off using Taxi EZE.

PcDude
01-17-09, 02:16
I'm finally getting back to BA for the second time. Last time as a newbie in AR with very limited Spanish I had a driver booked with my room reservation. This time I'd like to stretch my pesos a little further and feel a little more comfortable. What are the latest taxi / remis prices form EZE to recoleta, palermo or microcenter (not sure where I'm staying yet)

Thanks,

PcDude

AllIWantIsLove
01-17-09, 03:21
I have no idea how this might compare to other options, but it is one option:

I'm finally getting back to BA for the second time. Last time as a newbie in AR with very limited Spanish I had a driver booked with my room reservation. This time I'd like to stretch my pesos a little further and feel a little more comfortable. What are the latest taxi / remis prices form EZE to recoleta, palermo or microcenter (not sure where I'm staying yet)

Thanks,

PcDude

Miami Bob
05-23-09, 22:58
Please give me the current rundown:

Taxi exeiza from and to the airport.

Lower priced taxi stands outside the door?

Flagging down a taxi dropping off passengers?

Inflation affecting taxi's.

Thanks I'm flying in next weekend and hope to see some friends!

Bob

Sinistra
05-24-09, 02:39
I don't think I've ever seen this mentioned on the site before, but you can take the Minibus Ezeiza from the airport to the corner of Paseo Colón & Belgrano for just 12 pesos. I take it when I'm traveling light because it's really convenient to parts of Puerto Madero. The shuttle leaves every 30 minutes or so and you can catch it in front of the Petrobras service station at the airport.

http://www.minibusezeiza.com.ar/eng/transporte-de-pasajeros.php#
If I don't have a lot of luggage I actually like it more than a dirty cab that costs upwards of 100 pesos these days. From where the shuttle lets you off, it's about 10 pesos to points in Microcentro, 15 to Recoleta and 20 to Palermo.
Here is a map of where to catch it in the city: http://www.minibusezeiza.com.ar/eng/mapa-baires-tranporte-pasajeros.php
Here's is a map of where to catch it at the airport:
http://www.minibusezeiza.com.ar/eng/mapa-ezeiza.php

I'm not sure what their policy is if you have a lot of luggage because I've never used it when I've been weighted down. Most of the people who take it are airport employees. It's not a lot of money saved, but it's enough for a cheap hooker in a sleazy privado.

Quick78
05-24-09, 04:00
please give me the current rundown:

Taxi exeiza from and to the airport.

Lower priced taxi stands outside the door?

Flagging down a taxi dropping off passengers?

Inflation affecting taxi's.

Thanks I'm flying in next weekend and hope to see some friends!

BobI was down there in March, so I hope this info is still useful:

Q:Taxi exeiza from and to the airport.

A: It was about 80-90 pesos from what I can remember. That was to Recoleta.

Q:Lower priced taxi stands outside the door?

A: I remember overhearing some tourists getting taxis for 120-200 pesos. They didn't speak spanish (the tourists) and I judging by the slang the guys (cab drivers) were using it seemed like they were jacking up the prices on them. These were the random guys roaming around inside the airport claiming to be "official lic.'d taxis".

Q: Flagging down a taxi dropping off passengers?

A: In the city or at the airport? I didn't see many cabs outside the airport to be honest with you. The scene was quite chaotic.

Rock Harders
05-24-09, 04:03
MB,

The Taxi Ezeiza price to Recoleta is now $98 pesos. Taxis dropping off passengers in the departures area can be had for just under $80 pesos if going by the meter.

These are the only two options I would really recommend.

Suerte,

Rock Harders

Miami Bob
05-24-09, 06:44
I hope to say hello next weekend. I'one up am in town for two weeks. I have not been in town since December 2008. Have the taxi prices gone up again?

Generally what type of price increases will I find in the resturants and supermarkets. The boys post pussy pricing regularly. I'm more curious about dry cleaning and everything else.

Thanks,

Bob

Joe Hernandez
05-24-09, 13:56
hope to say hello next weekend. I'one up am in town for two weeks. I have not been in town since December 2008. Have the taxi prices gone up again?

Generally what type of price increases will I find in the resturants and supermarkets. The boys post pussy pricing regularly. I'm more curious about dry cleaning and everything else.

Thanks,

BobProbally not that much more expensive, inflation is a lot less a problem now. Especially for 'luxury' goods

Rock Harders
05-24-09, 14:21
Mongers,

Taxi rates by the meter are still $3.80 AR to drop the flag and $.38 AR every 200 meters of travel. Over the past six months, inflation has ground down to reasonable levels as tourism has tanked and domestic spending has also gone down sharply. However, as the June elections near, expect a sharp increase in government spending as a vote buying measure and the expected increase in inflation that goes along with it. In addition, the unions have mandated a salary increase for restaurant employees of 30% which will take place in July; for obvious reasons, expect a jump in restaurant prices at that time.

Suerte,

Rock Harders

Artisttyp
05-24-09, 14:49
Mongers-

Taxi rates by the meter are still $3.80 AR to drop the flag and $.38 AR every 200 meters of travel. Over the past six months, inflation has ground down to reasonable levels as tourism has tanked and domestic spending has also gone down sharply. However, as the June elections near, expect a sharp increase in government spending as a vote buying measure and the expected increase in inflation that goes along with it. In addition, the unions have mandated a salary increase for restaurant employees of 30% which will take place in July; for obvious reasons, expect a jump in restaurant prices at that time.

Suerte,

Rock HardersThank you for the heads up on the elections. I hate to sound ignorant but I had no idea it was taking place. Unfortunately I will be there for them. Having never been in SA during an election what can I expect? Are strikes possible and what happens to the monger scene during those times? No booze on election day I assume?

Sorry to put this in the taxi section but you made some interesting comments.

Joe Hernandez
05-24-09, 18:38
Mongers,

Suerte,

Rock HardersI would think that this would only lead to understaffing and forced lay-offs. I think that there are very few restaurants who can afford a raise in cost like that.

Miami Bob
05-24-09, 22:16
I would then assume that the dry cleaner and wash and fold have been stable over the last 6 months. I better enjoy my favorite restaurants in June as they may be out of business by August.

Md2000
06-15-09, 16:09
Out of curiosity. How long is the trip from the airport to Recoleta?

Sportsman
06-15-09, 21:04
Out of curiosity. How long is the trip from the airport to Recoleta?It depends on time of day and day of the week. On weekends and holidays without any traffic, I've made it under 30 minutes. The longest ride was about an hour and a half. Normally 45 minutes to an hour during late mornings on weekdays.

Coconuts
06-16-09, 07:22
Without traffic, 30 minutes either way and in the evenings about an hour. It took me about an hour and fifteen minutes on a Friday evening during rush hour.

Silver Star
08-26-09, 16:59
Out of curiosity. How long is the trip from the airport to Recoleta?Hi,

I'm a professional driver here in BsAs, and the ride from Recoleta to EZE can take anywhere from 30 minutes to 2 hrs. 97% of the time, it will take less than 1hr15 minutes, and usually between 45 minutes to 1hr. If your driver has toll passes, that will slice off a few minutes usually. Worst time for a drop off is weekdays around 7:30-8:30PM.

Thanks,

Fred

www.silverstarcar.com

Silver Star
08-26-09, 17:04
Probally not that much more expensive, inflation is a lot less a problem now. Especially for 'luxury' goodsI'm at the airport all the time, and last I checked Taxi EZE is asking $98AR, for a tiny Chevy Corsa or Fiat Palio, but generally newer, and better than the Capital Cabs. Worth it and its and safer to use the Taxi EZE white cabs vs Black and Yellow Capital cabs, especially if you don't speak spanish, and it is your 1st time here to BsAs.

Fred.

www.silverstarcar.com

Frenchy Guy
08-29-09, 22:47
I am coming down next week to BA, where in the airport is the Taxi EZE kioske / booth once you clear customs and picked up your luggage.

Let me know.

Thanks.

Paul

Member #3320
08-29-09, 22:54
I am coming down next week to BA, where in the airport is the Taxi EZE kioske / booth once you clear customs and picked up your luggage.

Let me know.

Thanks.

PaulPaul,

As soon as you walk out of the customs, you will sight it. You don't have to look too hard or search for it. Its bang in the centre of everything post customs.

If you are arriving in decent hours, you might want to try flagging a yellow taxi outside the airport doors. Its not tough and you would probably save 20-~30 pesos of the Taxi Ezeiza rate.

Finally, their is also an option of bus, a very comfortable option. Their is a detailed report on it somewhere here on this forum around Sept.'08 time period. It has pics and step by step guide on how to take the bus. Very safe and the cheapest option.

I would advise that you take Taxi Ezeiza as the prices are moderate and v v safe. It would be prudent to book before hand, to avoid a wait at the airport. At times, they are short of cars.

Enjoy your trip!

Jackson
10-13-09, 02:33
Paul and others,

I have always taken the Airport Taxi located outside of the baggage retrival area. You will see several stands after exiting security after passing the currency exchanges on the right.

The cost is around 50 pesos if they have not raised the price. I have never haed a problem with this service, it seems to be standard at the airport. You can try hailing one of the yellow taxis outside but I don't think it's worth it.

I've used the service 5 or 6 times and it worked out ok. The ride into Buenos Aires is 30 or 40 minutes.At the current time the airport rate is hovering at just under $100 pesos.

Thanks,

Jackson

SmokersRule
12-28-09, 11:58
Taxi Ezeiza $118 to Centro, $88 on the return

Silver Star
12-30-09, 01:12
Taxi Ezeiza $118 to Centro, $88 on the returnFor a tiny Argentine car, that probably doesn't meet US Safety standards (ie no airbag, etc), speaks little to no English, and can't comfortably handle a group of 4 with luggage.

SmokersRule
12-30-09, 01:42
Yes, definitely not luxury, but it did the trick:)

For a tiny Argentine car, that probably doesn't meet US Safety standards (ie no airbag, etc) speaks little to no English, and can't comfortably handle a group of 4 with luggage.

Silver Star
09-04-10, 00:57
Mongers,

Suerte,

Rock HardersRock Harders.

You called that one right, inflation has been kicking my ass here. When I started SilverStar Premium Car service in March 09, parking at EZE was 8 pesos an hr, now it is 13! Over 50% in a year and a 1/2, and gas went from 2.79 pesos a liter to close to 4! So again, good call on the inflation!

Fred.

www.silverstarcar.com

Executive Car Service in BsAs in English

Miami Bob
09-04-10, 21:23
Taxi ezeiza is a good reliable car service. The also have sport utilities and van-like vehicles sitting in a staging area on the airport premises. At their counter if you request a larger vehicle, you can have one if you wait an extra 5 minutes for them to move it over a few hundred yards.

If pretending that it is the USA is important or you will use a different car service and need two cabs, then Fred might make sense. When I arrive in ba, I want to be in Argentina.

If you are more comfortable in a North American car with a guy who speaks english, fork over the loot and Fred is there as a great choice. He will help you with money exchange and as a member here will never lead you in the wrong direction with local advise and knowledge--this can be worth it's wait in gold for a first timer with no spanish and a large group. For most, the extra 150+ pesos is better spent on one hour with one of TL's girls or a good message with a happy ending.

Taxi Ezeiza is more expensive than flagging down a street cab. The few times that I traveled very light, I have flagged down a strreet taxi at the departure area w / o any problems of any type. I usually have more baggage than I can comfortably move and protect myself and Taxi Ezeiza is 99.999999% reliable--professional and honest drivers who will help with luggage and wait if necessary and be very happy for extra service with a 10 pesos tip.

Silver Star
09-06-10, 01:52
Just arrived and too tired to time my luck at the departure area for a radio taxi, so went over to Taxi Ezeiza where I was quoted $78AR to Recoleta. At this rate of inflation relative to last months rate quoted for Jackson, the rate of inflation is accelerating to the point that in 3 months time, the price will be over $100AR.Just an update on Taxi EZE, the current fare from EZE to Centro is $128AR.

Inflation here is out of control.

Fred.

www.silverstarcar.com

For those who want the best in BsAs Airport Transfers

Miami Bob
11-19-10, 02:27
http://www.taxiezeiza.com.ar/tarifas.html

Best of luck.

Travel with Fred if you want or need the space and ultra reliability. This might be quite valuable for a first time visitor without spanish nor local knowledge.

Taxi eze is the next best-their stand is past the other car services.

If you know your way around and are traveling fairly lite, grab a cab at the departures. You can negotiate a great rate. Ask for 80 pesos-it's better than the taxi returning to the city empty

Miami Bob
12-21-10, 05:12
Check the website link below in my last post. I paid 120 pesos on 12/8 recoleta to eze. Called 2 other car services who wanted more. I had two large check-in bags and two carry-on's. This is too much stuff to flag down a strage cab in the street to save 15 to 20 pesos.

WhiteCat
12-23-10, 20:20
Check the website link below in my last post. I paid 120 pesos on 12/8 recoleta to eze. Called 2 other car services who wanted more. I had two large check-in bags and two carry-on's. This is too much stuff to flag down a strage cab in the street to save 15 to 20 pesos.Silver Star is good but too EXPENSIVE! I can save the extra and have a session.

Donnie D
12-27-10, 23:39
One can easily pay the standard fare of 120. 130 pesos for a ride from Eze to Reco but I prefer to grab my bags and head to the departures area. I wait for a cab to drop someone off and them ask how much. Plus you can take a look at the meter and see how much was on it. If he gives a large number, I offer a flat rate without the meter (speaking Spanish helps). Last week I got one for 90. I could have said 80, but I had not been to BA for 3 years so I offered 90. I figure thats a fair deal from both. He accepted the offer.

Kazzooey
12-28-10, 10:11
Great advice. I'll try this next time.

One can easily pay the standard fare of 120. 130 pesos for a ride from Eze to Reco but I prefer to grab my bags and head to the departures area. I wait for a cab to drop someone off and them ask how much. Plus you can take a look at the meter and see how much was on it. If he gives a large number, I offer a flat rate without the meter (speaking Spanish helps). Last week I got one for 90. I could have said 80, but I had not been to BA for 3 years so I offered 90. I figure thats a fair deal from both. He accepted the offer.

Trampa
12-28-10, 11:02
Taxi Ezeiza is now 150.

I am travelling with about 15k in goods and like the safety that Taxt Ezeiza offers, but it makes me even more determined to not take cabs anymore other than to Ezeiza.

Wait a few months and Fred's taxi be a bargain.

Mpexy
01-30-11, 02:02
Used Taxi Ezeiza as well, easy reservations online. 150p with sign pickup at kiosk right in front of immigration exit gate.

El Perro
02-01-11, 12:58
Ignored the "organization" last night and latched on to a cabbie dropping somebody off. 130p to Recoleta.

Silver Star
03-14-11, 00:46
Ignored the "organization" last night and latched on to a cabbie dropping somebody off. 130p to Recoleta.I did a drop off last night, would have loved to take you back instead of going home empty.

Fred.

www.silverstarcar.com

Member #3320
03-14-11, 06:45
Ignored the "organization" last night and latched on to a cabbie dropping somebody off. 130p to Recoleta.About 10 days ago, paid 100 p from the airport to Palermo. (It was in the afternoon though). I didn't have much luggage and I just hailed a taxi on the road outside the airport.

If I have luggage, will probably go for Ezeiza taxi for 150 P.

Miami Bob
11-21-11, 12:00
Did the taxi meter rates increase since my last visit the end of August?

Have all the airport taxi's increased their pricing or only taxi ezeiza?

Thanks for your prompt reply. Leqaving to get my plane to BA about 6pm, miami time. On Monday 11/21

Gandolf50
11-21-11, 15:15
Announced on TV today taxi rates are going up again, I think they said this Friday.

Hafrbo
11-21-11, 19:41
Gentlemen,

Starting next week taxi rates will be $7. 30 AR (currently $5. 80 AR) to drop the flag and $0. 73 AR (currently $0. 58 AR) for every 200 meters of travel. A surcharge of 20% for travel between the hours of 10 pm and 6 am has been in effect since March of this year:

http://www.clarin.com/ciudades/martes-aumentan-taxis_0_594540668.html

Announced on TV today taxi rates are going up again, I think they said this Friday.

Santa
11-29-11, 01:19
180 pesos tonight 11/28/2011

Chezz
11-29-11, 12:47
Just arrived this morning, Tuesday 11-29-11. The Banco Nacional Cambio at Terminal B was closed and I didn't feel like walking over to Terminal A in the off chance it would be open there. Instead I paid Manuel Tienda Leon with a credit card. Current CC rate was $215 AR, cash rate $207 AR. There was a long line in front of the bank just outside of Terminal B at 9:15am, even though the bank wasn't scheduled to open till 10am. I tried to use that ATM, but it was out of order.

Miami Bob
12-02-11, 00:48
When I made my return reservation from Recoleta to the airport-EZEIZA. The booking agent was the promtion only applied to one person with bags that could fit in the trunk. As I was reserving for 2 with a total of three bags, they quoted 180 pesos + tolls. I asked to speak with the manager. The agent said that she was the manager. I calmly and politely ask for her supervisor and she told that she had no supervisor. I said no thank you and good bye and good night.

About 9 years ago, I was romantically involved with a portena cilivian (not a working girl, but a university educated professional). She put 2 numbers in my cel phone which remain to today:

Taxi Paris 4308 0010.

As Taxi 4639 9999.

Thes are both large reliable taxi coops that each has a fleet of over 1000 taxi cabs. She put these in my cell because 24/7 these two taxi companies have reliable taxi's all over the city. The dispatcher get your name and phone and will either quote you a fixed price or let you pay the meter.

When good old reliable Taxi Ezeiza played the bait and switch, I called Taxi Paris and got a promotional price of 145 pesos involving picking me up with luggage on Puerrydon and going to near Uruguay and Paraguay to pick-up a fellow board memeber. The driver was friendly and professional showing up 15 minutes before the first scheduled pick-up and waiting in the street for me and my bags. While drving to the second pick-up, he told me that we would be responsible to pay 10 pesos out of the round trip tolls that he would pay going round trip to the airport. The vehicle was a small van. He did a nice job and insisted on lifting all the bags himself. After dropping us off and shaking hands, he picked a couple of women for a ride back into the city center.

I generally use Taxi Exeiza, but fell very comfortable recomending Taxi Paris. The dispatcher switched me to someone who spoke english, when he heard my accent. I have zero problems doing something like this in spanish, but this compasny is large enough to have had some one who speaks english available.

I have used Taxi Paris and as over the years when I was in a situation when I wanted to call a radio taxi and have ner had any problem with them. They keep you registerred by telephone number and the next you call and give the number they access your histoiry on the computer. They take the pick-up and delivery address so if you ever did have any problem there is a record.

Of course if you have a slightly higher buget Fred's service is the absolute best and english always spoken unless you request some spanish instruction or vocabulary to ask for a bbj rather than a CBJ. That type of service only Fred can offer and can be priceless.

El Greco
12-02-11, 07:00
Instead I paid Manuel Tienda Leon with a credit card. Current CC rate was $215 AR, cash rate $207 AR.It is $AR 237 (cash?) for a taxi service according to their site today DEC / 2/2011.

I used their bus service once that I had time to spare and they did transfer me to my apartment on a minivan from their Puerto Madero terminal.

Christopherd
02-06-12, 09:56
Arriving in AEP yesterday, I ask the cambio how much a taxi downtown. They say 50pesos (airport taxi service is over 70). Grab a taxi from Departures and offer 50 which he cheerfully accepts. * (Staying in Cordoba / Suipacha apartment but for all the hassle I wish I'd booked a hotel that was less convenient.)

Leaving from Ezezia though. Anyone know what is currently a reasonable amont to offer a taxi from Microcentre to the international airport? That way I can just keep enough local currency to get my flight. (I don't use US dollars.)

(3rd trip to BsAs. Not expecting much help, but any accepted.)

Seaman
02-06-12, 11:07
Arriving in AEP yesterday, I ask the cambio how much a taxi downtown. They say 50pesos (airport taxi service is over 70). Grab a taxi from Departures and offer 50 which he cheerfully accepts. *Not a smart move! AEP is about 30-40 pesos (max!) from downtown! So no wonder he was happy with the 50 pesos! Next time just queue up outside of arrivals, and get into a taxi there. Make sure he uses the meter.

Leaving from Ezezia though. Anyone know what is currently a reasonable amont to offer a taxi from Microcentre to the international airport? That way I can just keep enough local currency to get my flight. (I don't use US dollars.)Best deal is to use taxi ezeiza. (www.taxiezeiza.com.ar) They use a fixed price for the trip. They show up on time (like 15 mins early!) and are very reliable.

Seaman
02-06-12, 11:11
When I made my return reservation from Recoleta to the airport-EZEIZA. The booking agent was the promtion only applied to one person with bags that could fit in the trunk. As I was reserving for 2 with a total of three bags, they quoted 180 pesos + tolls.That is the first time I hear of this. I took in January taxi ezeiza with 3 people in one car, and have used them many times in the past with more than 1 person in the car, and never had that issue? I normally book their service via their website. Maybe because you called you got this "strange" price?

Christopherd
02-06-12, 12:41
Not a smart move! AEP is about 30-40 pesos (max!) from downtown! So no wonder he was happy with the 50 pesos! Next time just queue up outside of arrivals, and get into a taxi there. Make sure he uses the meter.It's ok, I figured it was too much. But as I was feeling I'll and in no mood to haggle, I figured 50 with no discussion was better than 74.

Best deal is to use taxi ezeiza. (

www.taxiezeiza.com.ar

) They use a fixed price for the trip. They show up on time (like 15 mins early!) and are very reliable.That looks quite good at 150 pesos all inclusive. I trust they do mean pesos? I find the multi-use of the dollar sign annoyingly confusing at times.

Seaman
02-06-12, 14:28
That looks quite good at 150 pesos all inclusive. I trust they do mean pesos? I find the multi-use of the dollar sign annoyingly confusing at times.All prices in Argentina are by law in Argentine Pesos. There are a few exceptions to that law / rule, but then the sign U$D / USD is used.

So yes, it is 150 pesos.

Peter Sideburn
02-07-12, 03:52
I have used our fellow board member's service and found it to be excellent. On time, free bottle of water, pick up the whole deal exactly as we set it up. Also spoke English which helps as my Spanish sucks. I don't know current price but know at the time it was slightly more but was for limo and ultraprofessional service.

Pete

Aqualung
02-07-12, 18:58
In only one month three clients of mine have been robbed in cabs coming from the airport. I investigated a little and I found that it is becoming common once again. Cab robberies had been practically eradicated some years back but it seems they are back with a vengeance.

The three were robbed with different MOs.

The 1st took a remis from the stand on your left just before coming out into the meeting point. There he paid and the girl told him to wait a moment and that someone would accompany him to the car. Someone who had obviously been waiting for an opportunity like this came up to him and asked him to follow him to the car. The car he and his luggage were put in was not one of the remis company cars but another crook. On the way he pulled into a dirt road and pulled a gun on my client. He left him there and drove off with his luggage and wallet.

The 2nd took a BA city cab that seemed to have just left someone at the airport. The same thing happened to him. Neither drivers were the same.

The 3rd was extra foolish and allowed one of those guys that hawk cabs inside the airport to take him to the car. Almost the same thing happened to him. The difference was that he was robbed on a side street inside the city of BA and there was an other crook waiting for them when they arrived. Neither were described like any of the 1st two. This means that there is quite a big band with this MO.

All these were relieved of their luggage, expensive fishing gear and money. They searched the three looking for money belts or cash hidden on their bodies. In one case the guy lost his passport and credit cards but in the other two, the credit cards and passports were returned.

The other cases I learnt of were quite similar except for one case where a Manuel Tienda Leon bus was hijacked and all the passengers robbed.

All these cases involved flights arriving late in the evening either scheduled like that or in one case a very delayed flight by one of the American carriers.

The safest thing to do is to take one of the Ezeiza taxis. The blue and white ones. And make sure to take one that is parked beside others from the same company. Don't take any Buenos Aires city cab (Black and Yellow) or any car that seems separated from the rest.

Take care and don't do anything silly believing you will save a few pesos that will end up costing a lot.

And if something like this happens to you don't even think of defending yourselves. Just watch the local news station to see how quick these guys will shoot you. Six cops were killed in Buenos Aires in the first twenty days of 2012.

Silver Star
02-07-12, 19:02
I have used our fellow board member's service and found it to be excellent. On time, free bottle of water, pick up the whole deal exactly as we set it up. Also spoke English which helps as my Spanish sucks. I don't know current price but know at the time it was slightly more but was for limo and ultraprofessional service.

PeteThanks for the kind words Pete. We keep our current hassle free fares posted on our homepage, we ask a lot less than the 5 Star hotels for similar limo / hired car services, but we don't compete on price with the tiny, uncomfortable and cheap taxis.

FYI there have been ongoing strikes at EZE, causing possible delays. Lost 20 minutes the other day due to lane blockages by the strikers.

Fred.

www.silverstarcar.com

Buenos Aires Transfers and Tours in English

Aqualung
02-08-12, 18:14
This is not the place for this but as I was talking about robberies. This morning a French tourist was stabbed to death in Plaza San Martin just to rob his camera.

AllIWantIsLove
02-08-12, 20:43
Do you mean like 3 o'clock in the morning or like 10 o'clock in the morning?

Thanks, Bob.

This is not the place for this but as I was talking about robberies. This morning a French tourist was stabbed to death in Plaza San Martin just to rob his camera.

Seaman
02-08-12, 20:59
IIRC it was 8AM when he left his hotel at Plaza San Martin.

Do you mean like 3 o'clock in the morning or like 10 o'clock in the morning?

Thanks, Bob.

Christopherd
02-08-12, 21:25
This is not the place for this but as I was talking about robberies. This morning a French tourist was stabbed to death in Plaza San Martin just to rob his camera.Poor sod.

It was all over the tv news. But thanks for posting. Hopefully people will read and have more sense.

Mikap
02-09-12, 01:23
one case where a Manuel Tienda Leon bus was hijacked and all the passengers robbed.I always thought that Tienda Leon bus is the safest and Buenos Aires is not a city like Rio
that bus jacking would occur. Do you have more info on when and how this happened or
possibly a link to read the whole story on the web. Thanks.

Silver Star
06-01-12, 13:21
I always thought that Tienda Leon bus is the safest and Buenos Aires is not a city like Rio

That bus jacking would occur. Do you have more info on when and how this happened or

Possibly a link to read the whole story on the web. Thanks.I have heard out in Cuidad Evita and La Matanza the public busses (not Manuel Tienda Leon) have been getting robbed at gunpoint recently.

Fred.

www.silverstarcar.com

Aqualung
06-01-12, 15:28
I have heard out in Cuidad Evita and La Matanza the public busses (not Manuel Tienda Leon) have been getting robbed at gunpoint recently.

Fred.

www.silverstarcar.comBus jacking is a daily occurrence all over the greater Buenos Aires and even within the Capital Federal and not just in Cuidad Evita or La Matanza. Some bus line or other is constantly on strike demanding more security. This month, four bus companies that go to the ¨Ciudad Universitaria¨ (the Buenos Aires university campus) were on strike or only working during daylight hours. Very few of these robberies make it to the news unless someone is killed. 17 policeman have been killed in Buenos Aires only what goes of this year and there were somewhere near ten thousand armed robberies. Some 320 crimes a day are investigated by the police only within the city of Buenos Aires and I have no idea about the Greater Buenos Aires.

Kind of off topic here but I couldn't be bothered to search for the right thread. This week all privados, night clubs and so on have been prohibited in the province of Cordoba and are to close immediately and they are studying quite strict sentences for offenders that will mean jail time and not fines. This is supposed to be an effort to put an end to human trafficking. Prostitution by consenting adults will not be prohibited but if a girl doesn't have her ID on her she will automatically be taken into custody and considered a victim of trafficking.

Miami Bob
08-22-12, 23:07
If you are traveling with three with bags, silver star is the sweet spot in the market. For me alone, taxi ezeiza works just fine.

Silver Star
08-23-12, 00:30
If you are traveling with three with bags, silver star is the sweet spot in the market. For me alone, taxi ezeiza works just fine.My Town Car can handle 4 passengers with bags, no problem, unlike the tiny, cramped and uncomfortable cabs here. We also drive in a reasonable and prudent manner.

www.silverstarcar.com

Safe and Secure Executive and Town Car Transfers in BsAs "Since 2009"

AllIWantIsLove
08-23-12, 01:10
Based on my experiences, by "professional driver" I assume you mean "professional race car driver".

If you are traveling with three with bags, silver star is the sweet spot in the market. For me alone, taxi ezeiza works just fine.

Miami Bob
08-23-12, 15:26
The driver lift the bags. The cars are always very clean. Some drive fast, some slow. They always will wait with me in the street while apartment agent is coming I always feel like they deserve a tip for good service. The dispatcher to arrange returns to the airport sometimes will play games to try to avoid the website promotional price of 160 pesos-I reported on this last year.

For returns a quality radio taxi service like as-4639 9999- or paris works well and is a bit less money, guessing at 10%

Remember silver star for groups. The little cars are good for a max of 2 with luggage

SunSeeker
08-23-12, 18:30
The driver lift the bags. The cars are always very clean. Some drive fast, some slow. They always will wait with me in the street while apartment agent is coming I always feel like they deserve a tip for good service. The dispatcher to arrange returns to the airport sometimes will play games to try to avoid the website promotional price of 160 pesos-I reported on this last year.

For returns a quality radio taxi service like as-4639 9999- or paris works well and is a bit less money, guessing at 10%

Remember silver star for groups. The little cars are good for a max of 2 with luggageI booked my departure online for the 160 price. Driver was great, car was clean and spacious. Will be grabbing another on my arrival Saturday.

WhiteCat
08-23-12, 18:43
I booked my departure online for the 160 price. Driver was great, car was clean and spacious. Will be grabbing another on my arrival Saturday.Silver Star is great with a couple of passengers. I use Taxi Ezeiza right out of the exit. Fast and efficient. The drivers will let you use their cell phone to let someone know you're on the way.

Silver Star
08-23-12, 21:13
Silver Star is great with a couple of passengers. I use Taxi Ezeiza right out of the exit. Fast and efficient. The drivers will let you use their cell phone to let someone know you're on the way.SilverStar Transfers and Tours is for when you want to ride in the comfort of a nice roomy luxury car with a known safe and secure quantity behind the wheel, not a random cab driver in a cheap, tiny Fiat. We also do a lot of extras like free cell phone rental, financial services, free calls to apartments, and in most cases on a morning arrival, we can bring a friend in free. We take all major credit cards, and if you have a US based card, without a foreign transaction fee. Can you guys believe many cab drivers here drive at night with their lights off? A surprising amount of cab drivers here in BsAs also tailgate very closely, weave in and out of traffic without signaling, etc etc. At SilverStar we do believe there is a difference in safety and comfort of our luxury cars, vs microcompact Fiats.

Fred.

www.silverstarcar.com

Step up to the next level in ground transportation

Daddy Rulz
08-23-12, 21:47
SilverStar Transfers and Tours is for when you want to ride in the comfort of a nice roomy luxury car with a known safe and secure quantity behind the wheel, not a random cab driver in a cheap, tiny Fiat. We also do a lot of extras like free cell phone rental, financial services, free calls to apartments, and in most cases on a morning arrival, we can bring a friend in free. We take all major credit cards, and if you have a US based card, without a foreign transaction fee. Can you guys believe many cab drivers here drive at night with their lights off? A surprising amount of cab drivers here in BsAs also tailgate very closely, weave in and out of traffic without signaling, etc etc. At SilverStar we do believe there is a difference in safety and comfort of our luxury cars, vs microcompact Fiats.

Fred.

www.silverstarcar.com

Step up to the next level in ground transportationDude why do they drive with their fucking lights off? Up in Corrientes people driving motos drive on the Routas in the country at night with no lights. A guy up there told me it's because you get better gas milege with your lights off. Nobody can be that stupid.

Member #3320
08-23-12, 22:40

Remember silver star for groups. The little cars are good for a max of 2 with luggageAmigo Bob, great to see you back posting! Your postings were missed!

Taxi Ezieza works GREAT! Anybody here who condemns "TE" is bonkers. Even if you are first time in BA, do NOT hesitate to use taxi Ezeiza.

Like Bob says, the driver lifts your bags. I doubt Silver star will "stoop" to such levels!

I used Silver Star once, many years ago. No complaints but why pay 3 times the price unless your company is paying it or you have too much money to burn, and want to get rid of it asap.

Dickhead
08-23-12, 23:30
Dude why do they drive with their fucking lights off? Up in Corrientes people driving motos drive on the Routas in the country at night with no lights. A guy up there told me it's because you get better gas milege with your lights off. Nobody can be that stupid.Obviously your headlamp bulbs will last much longer if you never turn them on. On the other hand, the Argies probably lose back that gain by driving with their four-ways on so much. In Bolivia they told me they didn't need headlights because they were Indians and could see in the dark. The idea of BEING seen never really entered the picture.

Daddy Rulz
08-23-12, 23:57
Obviously your headlamp bulbs will last much longer if you never turn them on. On the other hand, the Argies probably lose back that gain by driving with their four-ways on so much. In Bolivia they told me they didn't need headlights because they were Indians and could see in the dark. The idea of BEING seen never really entered the picture.Once I was driving from Formosa back to Corrientes, it was late, maybe 2300 along Rta 12. I was doing not much over the posted speed of 100 when out of the dark appears a moto, right in the middle of the fucking road with Mom, Dad, and two kids, without a single light on. I had to take the shoulder (which in this case means the grass next to the road because there was no fucking shoulder) to not hit them. Lucky for me there was no ditch, cows, pigs, or horses next to the road. Had I hit them I would have killed them all, and without question would have done some time inside for it. Up in Corrientes families get killed every week like that. I was amazed that in my 7 months there I never saw any carnage in front of me. Only about 10% of the intersections are controled and they would just drive strait through a blind one, in the rain, without ever bothering to look.

SunSeeker
08-24-12, 01:17
Dude why do they drive with their fucking lights off? Up in Corrientes people driving motos drive on the Routas in the country at night with no lights. A guy up there told me it's because you get better gas milege with your lights off. Nobody can be that stupid.They do the same thing in Rio! Best answer I got was so he didn't have to replace the bulbs, another one so he didn't use as much electricity from his battery.

Silver Star
08-24-12, 01:23
Amigo Bob, great to see you back posting! Your postings were missed!

Taxi Ezieza works GREAT! Anybody here who condemns "TE" is bonkers. Even if you are first time in BA, do NOT hesitate to use taxi Ezeiza.

Like Bob says, the driver lifts your bags. I doubt Silver star will "stoop" to such levels!

I used Silver Star once, many years ago. No complaints but why pay 3 times the price unless your company is paying it or you have too much money to burn, and want to get rid of it asap.3320:

Thanks for taking advantage of SilverStar Transfers and Tours in the past, we really appreciate the opportunity to serve you. As far as luggage goes, we generally like to carry a bag or 2 for you on the way out, and load the trunk gently ourselves. We also like to provide ice cold water at no extra charge, so our guests can hydrate after a long, grueling flight. Other SilverStar advantages are we speak English just like you do, and can suggest cool things to do on the way, we also have the fast pass for the toll lanes, this can shave off up to 10 minutes per trip, giving you more time to enjoy yourself here. Our guests also won't have to worry about the fuss and hassle, and possible delay of getting a cab (especially at AEP) , once you come out and clear customs and do meet and greet, you will be on your way to your destination. SilverStar is designed for those premium travelers who want the quality, comfort and convienence of a 5 Star Hotel Car, but without the ripoff 5 Star hotel prices. Our Presidential Citroen C6 Exclusive has more room than an E Class Mercedes and rides better too! Our cars are also airbag equipped, unlike most of the airport cabs that do not have airbags, putting you at a greater risk of injury.

Of course we are not trying to and we never can compete on price alone with a microcompact Fiat taxi, but we can provide a better car and driver at a lower fare than the 5 Star hotels. At SilverStar our goal is to provide the best possible car service at the lowest possible cost. If you are merely looking at fares, we will not be your best option of course. If however you are looking for a premium car and driver for less $, then SilverStar is a slam dunk.

And thanks to all of you who have taken advantage of SilverStar. We have been serving you for close to 4 years now.

Fred.

www.silverstarcar.com

For those who want better than a tiny and uncomfortable cab in Buenos Aires

SunSeeker
08-25-12, 12:34
Got back in BA this morning. Took an EZEIZA taxi for $198 pesos, EZE airport to Palermo. Nice sized vehicle, definitely not a "microcompact fiat", professional acting driver, took about 35-40 minutes to arrive at my door.

Silver Star
08-25-12, 13:16
SunSeeker,

I was referring more to the Black and Yellow Cabs at EZE, that often use Fiat Palios and Chevy Corsas, with rock hard cloth seats and no airbags both- a sub sub compact cars. Microcompact was indeed a stretch, thanks for calling me on that. (I just tried to edit my post but couldn't) Taxi EZE uses Honda Fits in their fleet, so that is for sure subcompact. Our Citroen C6 Exclusive is a full size sedan with about the same interior room as a Mercedes S Class with a silky smooth hydraulic ride, reclining rear heated seats, rear climate control and airbags everywhere, with Xenon directional headlamps vs a cab driver that may not even turn his lights on. I often do see Taxi EZE drivers tailgating and weaving in and out at high speeds on the highway. SilverStar is for those who want a VIP / Executive ride, for less than the 5 Star Hotels. We drive in a professional, reasonable and prudent manner, unlike many of the uneducated taxi drivers here.

If anyone knows how I can edit my past thread, I'd like to change microcompact to subcompact.

Fred.

www.silverstarcar.com

For those who prefer a premium car vs a subcompact car

TejanoLibre
08-25-12, 13:40
They do the same thing in Rio! Best answer I got was so he didn't have to replace the bulbs, another one so he didn't use as much electricity from his battery.There is an accident involving bodily injury every 52 seconds in BA!

You are 6 times more likely to die in a car wreck in BA than in Houston, Tx.

And yes, they don't want to replace the bulbs!

MORONS!

TL

Member #3320
08-25-12, 13:43
Fred,

We respect your business strategy and your professional attitude.

You have driven me once. I know, you are a nice guy.

But I honestly feel you are OVERPRICED, dude!

Irrespective of the fact that you may drive a superior car with airbags, do not do tailgating and may speak in chaste English!

Your deals are ""unreasonable"". ( If I was in your position, I would get normal cars, hire drivers , price lower than Taxi Ezeiza, advertise on all argentina /expat forums and have a thriving competetion to Taxi Ezeiza.) But alas! Such is not the case, unfortuately!

I urge newbies reading this forum to take your services only if they are coming to South America for the first time ever or if coming with children etc and are too nervous! Else for all other newbies, I will suggest to avoid your expensive services. They should take "taxi ezeiza" at 198 pesos (roughly us$ 30 ONLY)! The balance money ( what they would spend to avail your services, can be spent on a nice fuck on arrival)

www.taxiezeiza.com.ar/

Taxi Ezeiza is absolutely secure. Drivers are trained, polite, helpful. They do not try to con you or sell you anything. You will reach your destination safe and sound even if you do not speak a sigle word of Spanish. Cars are safe. Your baggage is safe. NOTHING will happen to you barring Force Majeure!

Silver Star
08-25-12, 15:26
Fred,

We respect your business strategy and your professional attitude.

You have driven me once. I know, you are a nice guy.

But I honestly feel you are OVERPRICED, dude!

Irrespective of the fact that you may drive a superior car with airbags, do not do tailgating and may speak in chaste English!

Your deals are ""unreasonable"". (If I was in your position, I would get normal cars, hire drivers, price lower than Taxi Ezeiza, advertise on all Argentina / expat forums and have a thriving competetion to Taxi Ezeiza.) But alas! Such is not the case, unfortuately!

I urge newbies reading this forum to take your services only if they are coming to South America for the first time ever or if coming with children etc and are too nervous! Else for all other newbies, I will suggest to avoid your expensive services. They should take "taxi ezeiza" at 198 pesos (roughly us$ 30 ONLY)! The balance money (what they would spend to avail your services, can be spent on a nice fuck on arrival)

www.taxiezeiza.com.ar/

Taxi Ezeiza is absolutely secure. Drivers are trained, polite, helpful. They do not try to con you or sell you anything. You will reach your destination safe and sound even if you do not speak a sigle word of Spanish. Cars are safe. Your baggage is safe. NOTHING will happen to you barring Force Majeure!Hi #3320.

Thanks for your business advice. We are actually priced quite reasonably for the quality of car and service we provide (Check out the fares that the Park Hyatt charges for similar service, and you will see what I'm talking about) We are more for those that are staying at the top hotels, executives and premium travelers who fly 1st class and those that want to be in car fit for a President, not a Honda Fit. At SilverStar, our goal from the beginning is to be the best, not the biggest. But ask less than the 5 Star Hotels. We do not in any way compete (and are not trying to) on price with cheap, tiny taxis, just like Outback Steakhouse does not compete (and can't) compete on price with McDonalds. Unfortunately, many Argentine taxi drivers here (I see it everyday) tailgate, speed excessively, weave in and out, don't use turn signals, cut people off, make left hand turns from the right hand lane and drive with their lights off at night. (All possibly with you stuck and helpless in the subcompact car) The fact that most Argentines haven't had formal driver education really shows here in the streets! We wanted to offer something unique and better for those who understand our pricing will not be the same as a taxi. It's not uncommon for us to get booking for rides back to EZE from those that had wanted to save money on the way in, but had a horrible cab experience at EZE.

Fred.

www.silverstarcar.com

A better way to get to and from EZE Since 2009

Toymann
08-25-12, 17:15
Hi #3320.

Thanks for your business advice. We are actually priced quite reasonably for the quality of car and service we provide (Check out the fares that the Park Hyatt charges for similar service, and you will see what I'm talking about) We are more for those that are staying at the top hotels, executives and premium travelers who fly 1st class and those that want to be in car fit for a President, not a Honda Fit. At SilverStar, our goal from the beginning is to be the best, not the biggest. But ask less than the 5 Star Hotels. We do not in any way compete (and are not trying to) on price with cheap, tiny taxis, just like Outback Steakhouse does not compete (and can't) compete on price with McDonalds. Unfortunately, many Argentine taxi drivers here (I see it everyday) tailgate, speed excessively, weave in and out, don't use turn signals, cut people off, make left hand turns from the right hand lane and drive with their lights off at night. (All possibly with you stuck and helpless in the subcompact car) The fact that most Argentines haven't had formal driver education really shows here in the streets! We wanted to offer something unique and better for those who understand our pricing will not be the same as a taxi. It's not uncommon for us to get booking for rides back to EZE from those that had wanted to save money on the way in, but had a horrible cab experience at EZE.

Fred.

www.silverstarcar.com

A better way to get to and from EZE Since 2009I have no issue with those that use you Fred. That said, your prices are totally retarded relative to the market of getting from eze to town. Your business model may work for you but please never use reasonable in the same sentence when you talk about your rates. Your service is an extravagance that some may elect to pay for but not many. It costs 180 pesos max from eze to town. That's 30 bucks at today's blue rate. Your rate is three times that dude! Extragant yes, reasonable no! No issue with those that use you, just trying to keep it real. Mongering on toymann

Silver Star
08-25-12, 17:42
I have no issue with those that use you Fred. That said, your prices are totally retarded relative to the market of getting from eze to town. Your business model may work for you but please never use reasonable in the same sentence when you talk about your rates. Your service is an extravagance that some may elect to pay for but not many. It costs 180 pesos max from eze to town. That's 30 bucks at today's blue rate. Your rate is three times that dude! Extragant yes, reasonable no! No issue with those that use you, just trying to keep it real. Mongering on toymannDude man, check out the fares the Park Hyatt asks, and you will see we are a bargain in the premium hired car market! Last I checked they were getting $30US more than us for an older E Class Mercedes, and we ask less than their Chrysler 300, that is getting old now, plus we speak English and they generally don't. So please get real, wake up and compare apples to apples, not oranges. We are the best price and do a better job the the 5 Star Hotels, so, please be real when you critique a service you have never taken advantage of and are probably too cheap to use anyway. You must not have been the livery business (it shows) What we do well, is provide a better premium service for less, and that's why we have been in business since 09. Dude, please get real and don't expect a hired car service to ever compete on price relative to taxis anywhere in the world, but especially here, where we are competing with vehicles that run on natural gas (very cheap) and where imported luxury cars cost an arm and a leg due to taxes and high registration fees. If you want to take a cheap taxi, please do, but stop your wild fantasy of expecting us to compete on price when it is totally impossible! Please keep it real, I'm living here in the real world trying to survive by being the best for less, it's not easy and it takes a lot of work to get it right.

Fred.

www.silverstarcar.com

Toymann
08-25-12, 18:02
Dude man, check out the fares the Park Hyatt asks, and you will see we are a bargain in the premium hired car market! Last I checked they were getting $30US more than us for an older E Class Mercedes, and we ask less than their Chrysler 300, that is getting old now, plus we speak English and they generally don't. So please get real, wake up and compare apples to apples, not oranges. We are the best price and do a better job the the 5 Star Hotels, so, please be real when you critique a service you have never taken advantage of and are probably too cheap to use anyway. You must not have been the livery business (it shows) What we do well, is provide a better premium service for less, and that's why we have been in business since 09. Dude, please get real and don't expect a hired car service to ever compete on price relative to taxis anywhere in the world, but especially here, where we are competing with vehicles that run on natural gas (very cheap) and where imported luxury cars cost an arm and a leg due to taxes and high registration fees. If you want to take a cheap taxi, please do, but stop your wild fantasy of expecting us to compete on price when it is totally impossible! Please keep it real, I'm living here in the real world trying to survive by being the best for less, it's not easy and it takes a lot of work to get it right.

Fred.

www.silverstarcar.comYou kill me fredo! I don't care who pays gringo bullshit rates for a 30 minute car ride! When you start comparing yourself to outrageous hotel rates in ba you make my point! This board is about minimizing gringo pricing in Argentina, not promoting them! It's not that I am too cheap fred, what nonsense is that. Do you pay 3x the price for lomo in ba because it comes delivered to you in a town car. Your arguments about safety and ba airport transfers are just horse shit fear mongering. Getting to recoleta safely has nothing to do with using your gringo service, been doing it for years without an issue. Just like 3320 posted. Your service adds nothing but extravagence to the 30 minute cab ride. It's not about safety or anything else. Don't get your panties in a knott. Good luck with your goofy business model. Maybe you should vertically integrate if you get my drift. Enough for today's lesson. Mongering on fredo. Toymann

Meforu 2000
08-25-12, 18:50
Hey guys I was just down, and as allways I take taxi ezeiza and I never had a problem about, tail gating, speeding issues

And yes I paid $198 from the airport to capital and I allways call them for the return trip, and allways on time. This past time he came 15 minutes early and waited till I went out. And the ride back is less expensive its $160. And this time down I took 8 big bags and 2 roller boards, had to get 2 cars, one for us and the other for the bags, and no problem. I got an exchange rate at $ 6.30 to one buck

Taxi eze gets my vote for the money and the service. I won't change them

Mpexy
08-25-12, 19:31
Have mostly used taxi ezeiza myself as well, but did use Ana Luna back in the day, 2005-2008, for a couple pickups and returns.

Forgot what she exactly charged but with tip I ended up always giving her $100 USD. Course, the value at least I found with her wasn't just the ride but the monger friendly conversation on ride in / out.

Don't know the guy but if Fred's stated target niche is first class passengers, his ~$200 price really isn't an issue. Pocket change compared to the flight. However just my opinion, but irrespective ability to pay any given price point, even in a far higher cost of living area like Los Angeles a first class limo transfer / pickup would only run $150-160 for a comparable time / distance.

When I looked at his website before arriving this trip, that's basically what I took a pass on. His right to charge whatever he wants and if he can get it, god bless him. Capitalism at it's finest. Just for me I figured paying more in Argentina for same or better service I'd get in California seemed odd.

DavieW
08-25-12, 19:42
You pays your money and you takes your choice!

When traveling alone I get the number 8 bus. AR$2. 50.

My next trip will be with my 4 year old son. I'll probably give Fred a call.

Silver Star
08-25-12, 20:03
Have mostly used taxi ezeiza myself as well, but did use Ana Luna back in the day. 2005-2008, for a couple pickups and returns.

Forgot what she exactly charged but with tip I ended up always giving her $100 USD. Course, the value at least I found with her wasn't just the ride but the monger friendly conversation on ride in / out.

Don't know the guy but if Fred's stated target niche is first class passengers, his $200 price really isn't an issue. Pocket change compared to the flight. However just my opinion, but irrespective ability to pay any given price point, even in a far higher cost of living area like Los Angeles a first class limo transfer / pickup would only run $150-160 for a comparable time / distance.

When I looked at his website before arriving this trip, that's basically what I took a pass on. His right to charge whatever he wants and if he can get it, god bless him. Capitalism at it's finest. Just for me I figured paying more in Argentina for same or better service I'd get in California seemed odd.Mpexy.

Thanks for the intelligent post. The reason why the fares in Buenos Aires for a chauffeured premium car service are not the same as Los Angeles is because Buenos Aires is not Los Angeles! A New Toyota Camry here stickers at a whopping $61K USD, fuel is 20% more expensive, spare parts are sky high, and traffic here makes LA look like child's play. (I was just in LA and loved to drive there compared to here) Becuase of all of these unique dynamics is where our requested fares come from. Since we are very serious about keeping our excellent repuation

Of punctuality, we have to leave much earlier than in LA, and we don't have the advantages and efficiency of being a larger company.

The fact that Buenos Aires is cheap on some things does not hold true for the luxury car business unfortunately. To top it all off, we also file and pay US taxes, since I'm a citizen. My Citroen C6 Exclusive originally sold here for about 80K USD. Also our EZE fares are nowhere near the $200USD mark, much lower.

Fred.

www.silverstarcar.com

Dickhead
08-25-12, 20:16
Except that if you are a US citizen living in Argentina, the first $92,900 (for 2011; this is indexed to inflation) of net business income is exempt from federal taxation. That also means it's exempt from state taxation in most (but not all) states. So forget that reason. Nice try, though.

Silver Star
08-25-12, 20:53
Except that if you are a US citizen living in Argentina, the first $92,900 (for 2011; this is indexed to inflation) of net business income is exempt from federal taxation. That also means it's exempt from state taxation in most (but not all) states. So forget that reason. Nice try, though.Have you ever heard of self employment tax? It is 15. 3% of net profit, and is not subject to the 92,000 deduction.

Aqualung
08-25-12, 22:55
There is an accident involving bodily injury every 52 seconds in BA!

You are 6 times more likely to die in a car wreck in BA than in Houston, Tx.

And yes, they don't want to replace the bulbs!

MORONS!

TLI would like to know where you get your numbers from TL. The INDEC? A bodily injury every 52 seconds would add up to around 1500 a day. There are about 1000 accidents with injuries a MONTH in BA and there are about 200 deaths a YEAR. There were 3, 071 deaths in the State of Texas in 2009 (which was considered their lowest in decades). Though I don't know how many of these deaths were in Huston. The worst years in Buenos Aires was 1993 and 1994 where there were 468 and 455 deaths in road traffic accidents but the next year 1995 they were down again to 195. The population of the city of BA (3 million) plus the greater Buenos Aires is somewhere around 13 million and the population of Huston is 2 million with a total of 6 million if you count the metropolitan area. Of course, I'm not taking into consideration the amount of accidents per driven mile.

So TL, don't just talk any bullshit that comes into your mind just for the sake of posting.

Dickhead
08-26-12, 01:00
Have you ever heard of self employment tax? It is 15. 3% of net profit, and is not subject to the 92,000 deduction.But your argument is that you have to charge more than a similar service in LA because you have to pay US taxes. The guy in LA is paying federal and state income tax AND the self-employment tax (which effectively works out to a little over 13% when all is said and done). The argument is spurious.

As far as a large, safe vehicle with plenty of luggage space is concerned, I rather like the Manuel Tienda Leóand in those two areas. They speak English too.

Aqualung
08-26-12, 01:09
As far as a large, safe vehicle with plenty of luggage space is concerned, I rather like the Manuel Tienda Leóand in those two areas. They speak English too.Plus you might be sitting next to some hot little piece on her way back from vacations in the US. It hasn't happened to me but I know of one case.

Silver Star
08-26-12, 01:27
But your argument is that you have to charge more than a similar service in LA because you have to pay US taxes. The guy in LA is paying federal and state income tax AND the self-employment tax (which effectively works out to a little over 13% when all is said and done). The argument is spurious.

As far as a large, safe vehicle with plenty of luggage space is concerned, I rather like the Manuel Tienda Leóand in those two areas. They speak English too.The fact that I have to pay US tax (on top of Argentine Tax) is only one part of the equation, please reread my last post entirely.

Mpexy
08-26-12, 02:13
Mpexy.

Also our EZE fares are nowhere near the $200USD mark, much lower.

www.silverstarcar.comMy sincere apologies, just took a look at your site again and it's $132 USD EZE pickup.

Could have sworn when I looked before booking my flight and making Taxi Ezeiza arrangements that I thought it was $200. Obviously I was wrong.

Had I read it correctly, I would have taken your service. My only objection as I noted before wasn't the net price, just the principle of relative difference between LA limos which I also use. Which you explained and to a certain extent I get it. But as a consumer of premium services I got to tell you most people in my niche are going to think the same thing. Doesn't matter why or how, if the local rate is more than back home, and that home is on par with the highest cost of living in the world, the details why kind of get lost at that point.

Although again, since I was mistaken about comparing it to $200 and the real comparison is LA limos charge $150-160, you at $132, I'd be fine with using your service.

Tres3
08-26-12, 02:16
His right to charge whatever he wants and if he can get it, god bless him. Capitalism at it's finest.You are so right, Mpxey. If someone wants to pay what Fred asks, more power to Fred. No one is holding a gun to the head of someone who wants to pay less. Fred must be carrying some passengers because he has been in business for four years.

Give it a rest. Find something better to do with your time, like fuck a chica.

The naysayers on this thread remind me of the pussy police. Should we call them the "Transportation to / from EZE police"?

Tres3

Silver Star
08-26-12, 03:15
My sincere apologies, just took a look at your site again and it's $132 USD EZE pickup.

Could have sworn when I looked before booking my flight and making Taxi Ezeiza arrangements that I thought it was $200. Obviously I was wrong.

Had I read it correctly, I would have taken your service. My only objection as I noted before wasn't the net price, just the principle of relative difference between LA limos which I also use. Which you explained and to a certain extent I get it. But as a consumer of premium services I got to tell you most people in my niche are going to think the same thing. Doesn't matter why or how, if the local rate is more than back home, and that home is on par with the highest cost of living in the world, the details why kind of get lost at that point.

Although again, since I was mistaken about comparing it to $200 and the real comparison is LA limos charge $150-160, you at $132, I'd be fine with using your service.Mpexy.

No worries, also we only ask $92USD to go back to EZE, so if you are still here, consider us. We would love to have you on board, Park Hyatt asks $165 for an old E Class, so we think we are a good value in the premium market.

Daddy Rulz
08-26-12, 09:25
Mpexy.

No worries, also we only ask $92USD to go back to EZE, so if you are still here, consider us. We would love to have you on board, Park Hyatt asks $165 for an old E Class, so we think we are a good value in the premium market.Is the pick up more than the drop off due to parking and the posibility of waiting? Just wondering is all?

Silver Star
08-26-12, 11:40
Is the pick up more than the drop off due to parking and the posibility of waiting? Just wondering is all?Daddy Rulz,

We ask more for for the pickups for several reasons, we have to leave earlier to make sure we are on time, we generally get into the terminal right after the plane lands, then wait, this morning I waited almost 2 hours for the guests to clear customs, and we include parking in the fare. (I had to pay 40 pesos parking) We also have to block out a lot of time in our schedule, becuase of the possiblility of flight delays. We also ask less to go to EZE, because sometimes it is getting us to where we need to be for a pickup. For example this Sunday morning (no traffic) I left Recoleta at about 7:30am for a pickup, it is 10:30 now and just got to the Hilton, still have to drive home. (I am killing time now as I offered to take the guests to the San Telmo Fair free as a courtesy, they are checking in now and freshening up.)

Morning pickups generally take us 3. 5 to 4 hours from start to finish, dropoffs usually take us about 90 minutes to 2 1/2 hours.

Fred.

www.silverstarcar.com

Your Best Value in Premium Chauffeured Cars in Buenos Aires

El Perro
08-26-12, 11:51
Daddy Ruiz.

www.silverstarcar.comFor years I thought it was "Daddy Ruiz" as well. But no,"Daddy RULZ". Slightly heartening to know that I'm not the only one to make the mistake.

Daddy Rulz
08-26-12, 12:27
For years I thought it was "Daddy Ruiz" as well. But no,"Daddy RULZ". Slightly heartening to know that I'm not the only one to make the mistake.When I originally signed up during the Jurassic period, I wanted Daddyrulz all one word but Our benevolent dictator Jax the first of his name insisted on the split. It's an homage to my skater days.

Mpexy
08-26-12, 12:40
When I originally signed up during the Jurassic period, I wanted Daddyrulz all one word but Our benevolent dictator Jax the first of his name insisted on the split. It's an homage to my skater days.Is Jackson going by Jax now?

Miami Bob
08-26-12, 15:49
Bottom line:

-want luxury, pay for it or slip it.

- if traveling with 3 or 4 with luggage, he is cost effect for the price conscious.

-expense accounts, it is justifiable compared to other luxury limo serves/

Let's move on.

QUESTION:

Is Jackson in the house? In BA?

Toyman? I guess you are not in a remote location without internet, with 2 girls and a tackle box?

Dickhead
08-26-12, 17:32
I don't think it's his business model so much as it is the constant bloviation about the business model.

Member #3320
08-26-12, 17:43
I don't think it's his business model so much as it is the constant bloviation about the business model.And his constant insinuation that all other cab drivers in BA or services like taxi ezeiza are out to con the tourists. Thats what is infuriating.

Silver Star
08-26-12, 17:50
And his constant insinuation that all other cab drivers in BA or services like taxi ezeiza are out to con the tourists. Thats what is infuriating.Nonsense! Not all other cab drivers suck, but some sure do! (I see it everyday in the streets) and The only reason why I have to explain everything is because of the constant attacks and questions, so I answer. If you prefer a cab, or other service, please use it and be happy. Just stop telling me how to run my business and stop beating me up because the service costs more than a taxi. Give me a break!

Daddy Rulz
08-26-12, 18:24
Is Jackson going by Jax now?LOL don't know I just have always refered to his as Jax here but called him Jackson in person. I never thought of it before

Silver Star
08-27-12, 02:13
And his constant insinuation that all other cab drivers in BA or services like taxi ezeiza are out to con the tourists. Thats what is infuriating.It's infuratiating that you think I said that taxi EZE cons tourists! Never said that, please delete above post and pick on other people.

But we need to be clear, it is well know that some (not all) cab drivers have conned passengers.

Member #3320
08-27-12, 02:27
It's infuratiating that you think I said that taxi EZE cons tourists! Never said that, please delete above post and pick on other people.I never said that you say such and such. The key word used was "insinuate".

I have no issues with your pricing. In fact, I have used your services once and did not have any problems with you. You are the king of your business and absolutely free to price, work the way you feel like. Nobody has any right to question you.

If at all, their is a problem. It is with your constant ""insinuation"" that newbies coming to BA for the first time, are at some sort of grave risk, if they ""fail to"" avail your services. And that is where this whole issue stirred from.

Yes, in life their is always a risk - at each and every step we take. Their is even a risk when we go to a privado to fuck a girl. Who knows what awaits us, once we are naked inside the privado at mercy of the privado operators. Their is a risk when we get a street hooker to our apartment. Who knows, she might drug us and leave with all our money. Who knows if we will arrive safely once we board a not so well maintained Aero Lineas flight. Who knows what will happen if we walk in a dark street in Micro centro in chase of pussy in middle of the night. Who knows what desease will happen to us , when we decide to fuck a working girl without a condom . Who knows what will happen , should we decide to marry someone. Who knows if we will fall sick, depending on how clean is the food, which we order at the neighborhood restaurant. These are all risks. Each and every step of life is a risk. As is the risk in taking a BA cab either hailing one on the street or one at the airport. But to continuously ""insinuate"" in the minds of a gullible reader preparing for his first ever trip to BA that his trip would be ruined should he fail to avail your services. Thats where the crux of the problem lies!

No one is trying to "beat you" or "pick on you". You are a respected and senior member of this forum. And in real life, you are a nice pleasant man to talk to. All the Best.

SimpleWrangler
10-25-12, 13:11
I have seen this and got a photo. Never asked, but may be someone find it's useful.

TejanoLibre
10-25-12, 23:46
I have seen this and got a photo. Never asked, but may be someone find it's useful.

28557It's a Private car driven by an unlicensed (no chauffer's license) and maybe uninsured motorist and it's probably a jalopy.

Half price though.

TL

Miami Bob
10-26-12, 01:31
Fred is the cheapest legitimate limo service serving eze.

If you want legit taxi or car service for three people with check-on luggage,

Fred is cost effective even for cheapos like me.

There are in every major city criminals who try to lure foreigners with the lost look on their faces into cars. In miami where I live it happens. The established licensed taxi / car services at eze.

Have little risk to none of foul play. Legit radio taxi's in Ba, in my limited experience, are safer than average looking world wide. Current economic conditions might change my opinion as I don't spend as much time now as I did a few years ago.

Please don't break fred's balls unless he gives a real reason to do so. I have never used his business, I AM CHEAP. Fred has gone out of his way to be helpful and pleasant providing locale knowledge and INTERESTING CONVERSATION THE TIMES I HAVE MET HIM IN PERSON OR BY PM ON THIS SITE.

My two cent, not worth a nickel

Mpexy
10-26-12, 02:42
Fred is the cheapest legitimate limo service serving eze.

If you want legit taxi or car service for three people with check-on luggage,

Fred is cost effective even for cheapos like me.

There are in every major city criminals who try to lure foreigners with the lost look on their faces into cars. In miami where I live it happens. The established licensed taxi / car services at eze.

Have little risk to none of foul play. Legit radio taxi's in Ba, in my limited experience, are safer than average looking world wide. Current economic conditions might change my opinion as I don't spend as much time now as I did a few years ago.

Please don't break fred's balls unless he gives a real reason to do so. I have never used his business, I AM CHEAP. Fred has gone out of his way to be helpful and pleasant providing locale knowledge and INTERESTING CONVERSATION THE TIMES I HAVE MET HIM IN PERSON OR BY PM ON THIS SITE.

My two cent, not worth a nickelCost effective or not is a personal decision. Use or not use Fred, vote with your wallet.

Used Fred because in addition to personable, quality service, and even with good Spanish, nice to know you can make adjustments to pickup on the fly in perfect English. But most of all, simple reliability

When I arrange a pickup, I don't want it 5 min or hour late. Late is late, can't stand it. So for most recent pickup, used Fred to transfer from apartment in recoleta to new apartment in palermo. Because of apartment check out and in scheduled meetings I didn't want a remise that would be Argentina "on time" and be even 10-15min off. I know there has to be some that are absolutely on time, but I was ok with paying a premium to not have to wonder or risk it.

Fred arrived on time and even adjusted half hour before pickup to come earlier as requested because my checkout went faster than expected.

You can debate at tangible levels for cost worth. Is it or is it not. For things like car size, distance, etc and say taxi service X is half price as Fred for doing same distance, same car size, etc and you'd be right to say at least for yourself Fred may not be worth it.

If you factor bit more less defined intangibles like personality, hooker talk and proven reliability. The premium Fred charges is where you have to decide is it worth it or not. I agree BTW that there is too much market pitch about safety issue and safe car from Ezeiza. I'd advise Fred to justify his premium based on service reliability and limo service nature (on the fly tweaks to schedule etc) than the safety pitch

Chicago Guy
10-29-12, 19:22
IMO some of you are being too harsh on SilverStar. Hiring a Lincoln Town Car is not the same as taking a cab.

I booked a Lincoln Town Car through Dial 7 in NYC two weeks ago. From LaGuardia to Manhattan. Fare was 65 USD + tolls + 20 percent "gratitude", ended up around 95 USD, i.e. similar to SilverStar's prices. And the LaGuardia to Manhattan trip is much shorter than the EZE to Cap Federal trip.

Kurty
11-08-12, 19:02
Hello, Guys,

How much should someone expect to pay for a Taxi ride from EZE to Puerto Madero / Microcentro?

No needs of fancy cars, only reliable driver.

Thanks.

Mpexy
11-08-12, 19:50
Hello, Guys,

How much should someone expect to pay for a Taxi ride from EZE to Puerto Madero / Microcentro?

Thanks.Search the board. Prices, options, etc for every need from custom pickup in towncar to standard reserved or walkup remise companies to hailing a no name cab right outside the terminal.

There's not only wealth of info via search but its easy, been discussed over and over with fresh updates

OldStag2
11-08-12, 22:12
Hello, Guys,

Thanks.Kurty,

There are many options to choose from, but this link will give you the current price for a safe taxi from EZE, http://www.taxiezeiza.com.ar.

Daddy Rulz
11-08-12, 22:32
Kurty,

There are many options to choose from, but this link will give you the current price for a safe taxi from EZE,

http://www.taxiezeiza.com.ar.This is an excellent chance to use the new Venues Database el Jeffe has put on the forum. If you look the tabs on the top the one on the right says "Venues", just click on it. Taxi Ezeiza is on it under Transportation along with a link to their site.

http://www.argentinaprivate.com/forum/VenueDisplay.php

Kurty
11-09-12, 02:43
Thank you. Great info!

Silver Star
01-11-13, 23:48
Thank you. Great info!SilverStar Checking in from EZE airport. 10:42PM, several Taxi EZE customers waiting 40 minutes to get a cab, remis line was very long too. Never forget when coming into EZE, you do risk a cab shortage and a long wait for a cab. For those who don't want to take risk and have a chauffeur and nice car waiting for them as they arrive there are safe and secure, licensed and insured private drivers than can take care of you. One of these companies is SilverStar. For more info check out www.silverstarcar.com

I feel sorry for these guests stuck waiting, they look bored out of their mind, especially after a long, grueling international flight.

SilverStar- Because waiting at EZE airport during a cab shortage sucks.

DavieW
01-11-13, 23:57
Any idea why there's a cab shortage?

Don't tell me they're on strike too!

Member #3320
01-12-13, 01:15
Wow! Never seen or heard that! I fly in and out of EZE, at least once every week, for work.

No ques ever. Taxi Ezeiza rocks. When I arrive at EZE, I just walk in to the Taxi Ezeiza counter and am in a taxi in less than 3-4 minutes.

http://www.taxiezeiza.com.ar

Silver Star
01-12-13, 02:35
Wow! Never seen or heard that! I fly in and out of EZE, at least once every week, for work.

No ques ever. Taxi Ezeiza rocks. When I arrive at EZE, I just walk in to the Taxi Ezeiza counter and am in a taxi in less than 3-4 minutes.

http://www.taxiezeiza.com.arI don't think there was a strike, probably due to it being late night, was close to 11pm. I often see very long lines for black and yellow cabs at AEP, especially if it is raining. If you don't wan't to risk wasting your valuable vacation time stuck waiting for a cab, hiring a private, safe and secure private chauffeur is a great way to play it safe, and get a better car and driver.

Aqualung
01-12-13, 02:58

http://www.taxiezeiza.com.arVery unlikely you will have to wait more than five minutes at EZE. Most of the time much less. AEP is another thing. The lines for a cab outside can be quite long. In AEP you are much better off getting a Remis from one of the stands inside. They always have cars. Plus they are much safer than the regular cabs. They are slightly more expensive but it's worth it if you are in a hurry.

Member #3320
01-12-13, 03:33
hiring a private, safe and secure private chauffeur is a great way to play it safe, and get a better car and driver.Taxi Ezeiza drivers are wonderful blokes IMHO. Very polite, helpful, well versed with the routes. Absolutely no problems!

Cars are fine. Have air conditioner, nice music blurring, no breakdowns on the high way. All is well!

SunSeeker
01-12-13, 09:32
Longest wait I had for a taxi at eze was maybe 7-8 minutes, about the same at aep. I've NEVER felt threatened or that it was dangerous,

Joe 23
01-12-13, 10:25
Have never tried Taxi Ezeiza. I book my remis beforehand when coming into EZE.

I used to take the Black and Yellow taxis from AEP but left the idea a long time ago. Needless to go into details, these taxis are just BAD. Just like EZE, I now book my remis from AEP beforehand so that I can just come out, meet the deiver and go. Remises aranged through the stands at the airport can sometimes take time depending on various reasons and situations.

Silver Star
01-12-13, 15:51
Have never tried Taxi Ezeiza. I book my remis beforehand when coming into EZE.

I used to take the Black and Yellow taxis from AEP but left the idea a long time ago. Needless to go into details, these taxis are just BAD. Just like EZE, I now book my remis from AEP beforehand so that I can just come out, meet the deiver and go. Remises aranged through the stands at the airport can sometimes take time depending on various reasons and situations.True, the remis stands at AEP can get backed up bad, and the black and yellow cab line can get horrendous sometimes. By hiring a private chauffeur ahead of time, you avoid all the hassle and wasted time, and aggravation, plus more secure and better car and driver.

Member #3320
01-12-13, 16:30
AEP is totally opposite of EZE. I agree that getting cabs on arrival AEP is not very smooth.

Conchuir
01-12-13, 20:06
Anyone know roughly how much Remis service from one of the stands at EZE to Recoleta will cost me these days using AM-EX? (at official exchange rate I'm sure!). My landlord is offering me a pickup service with delivery to my apartment@$40US. Thanks.

Daddy Rulz
01-13-13, 00:23
Anyone know roughly how much Remis service from one of the stands at EZE to Recoleta will cost me these days using AM-EX? (at official exchange rate I'm sure!). My landlord is offering me a pickup service with delivery to my apartment@$40US. Thanks.But given exchange rate prolly better than paying in dollars at the counter.

Silver Star
01-13-13, 03:08
Anyone know roughly how much Remis service from one of the stands at EZE to Recoleta will cost me these days using AM-EX? (at official exchange rate I'm sure!). My landlord is offering me a pickup service with delivery to my apartment@$40US. Thanks.That's really low for EZE to city, wondering what kind of car, and if fully licensed and insured. It is about 10US alone for parking.

And tolls, assuming they show up on time.

Member #3320
01-13-13, 06:12
Anyone know roughly how much Remis service from one of the stands at EZE to Recoleta will cost me these days using AM-EX? (at official exchange rate I'm sure!). My landlord is offering me a pickup service with delivery to my apartment@$40US. Thanks.I think probably your concern is that you do not have currency and you seek the blue rate. What you should do is at airport, change 50 us$ at whatever bullshit rate you get. You should get at least 230 or 240 peso. Then go to "taxi Ezeiza" counter. It is right in front of the exit after customs. Tell them your address anywhere in BA. They will take you in 220 pesos ( all inclusive). Once you reach yr destination, go and change. Get freshed and head out to get blue dollars and a nice fuck.

It should in any case not cost you more than 50us$ to reach your destination.

http://taxiezeiza.com.ar

The link above is the name of the taxi service. Its awesome. You can trust them absolutely. No need to splurge on any private taxi or any other remi etc. Also avoid taxi via landlady. Hope this helps.

SunSeeker
01-13-13, 09:22
That's really low for EZE to city, wondering what kind of car, and if fully licensed and insured. It is about 10US alone for parking.

And tolls, assuming they show up on time.Low? Get real, $40 USD x 6. 7 = $268p, more than enough to get to Recoleta, taxi ezeiza is $180p to $200p, book online.

http://www.taxiezeiza.com.ar

Conchuir
01-13-13, 09:33
Thank's for your help guys.

Silver Star
01-13-13, 11:54
Low? Get real, $40 USD x 6. 7 = $268p, more than enough to get to Recoleta, taxi ezeiza is $180p to $200p, book online.

http://www.taxiezeiza.com.arYou get real, a hired car chauffeured service is NOT the same as a taxi and anyway EZE to City with Taxi EZE is 220AR at EZE.

SunSeeker
01-13-13, 13:46
You get real, a hired car chauffeured service is NOT the same as a taxi and anyway EZE to City with Taxi EZE is 220AR at EZE.LOL did I say it was the same? NO I didn't. I didn't even mention your services. The only thing I mentioned was regarding $$$ because you said 40usd was low. December it cost me $190p eze to palermo. Even if it is now 220p it is still a LOT less than a "hired car chauffeured service".

That said you have the right to charge whatever you want for your services.

Member #3320
01-13-13, 20:44
As long as Taxi ezeiza service exisists at EZE, IMHO their is no need "TO SPLURGE YOUR MONEY" for a private chauffeur driven taxi. The Taxi ezieza service is impeccable with zero problems. I use them them 5-7 times a month. If you want to splurge your money, do it on the chicas. period.

Silver Star
01-13-13, 21:11
As long as Taxi ezeiza service exisists at EZE, their is no need for a private chauffeur driven taxi. The Taxi ezieza service is impeccable with zero problems. I use them them 5-7 times a month.Some people prefer a better car and driver than a Taxi. For example, Taxi EZE has Honda Fits in thier fleet, for many, this would not be considered to be a premium car. Also with Taxi EZE, you do risk a car shortage and long waits (40 minutes) , I saw that myself the other night in Terminal A, and have photos to boot!

There is a difference between a chauffeured, premium car service, vs going in a random economy car.

Member #3320
01-13-13, 22:52
Also with Taxi EZE, you do risk a car shortage and long waits (40 minutes)

Yes, I agree. Their is always a possibility that something can go wrong with taxi service at 'taxi ezeiza'. Though it would be very rare. However, with the same yardstick, something can go wrong with the most expensive chauffeur driven car as well. Though it would be rare as well. In short, nothing is impossible and nothing is invincible, be it a taxi service or a private service.

Lesson to be learnt :- Take the cheaper option amongst the two options available and save the money for a good fuck

Second lesson to be learnt - Over 5 years on this forum, I have noticed that their are "many many" mongers who would prefer to spend premium dollars on the absolutely best chicas in town. However, almost all the mongers prefer to save on transportation from Ezeiza to home in CF unless they were here for work and someone else was picking the tab ( exceptions are of course there). Even in that case when someone else is picking the tab, I can give you my example. I can take any kind of taxi between my home and Ezeiza and just send the receipt/factura scan to my employers ( who believe in pissing money) for reimbursement. It would be done, - NO Questions asked. But, even then, I find taxi Ezeiza as the "very very" best option for my needs which simply are safe, comfortable and timely transportation to the airport or back home when arriving.

This forum was of great service to me when I first arrived here as it guided me to the best and cheapest options available in the city and helped me save many dollars or expensive deals. This is why, I insist on guiding the newbies, reading this forum, in the right direction. Just my way, to pay back.

Silver Star
01-14-13, 00:25
Yes, I agree. Their is always a possibility that something can go wrong with taxi service at 'taxi ezeiza'. Though it would be very rare. However, with the same yardstick, something can go wrong with the most expensive chauffeur driven car as well. Though it would be rare as well. In short, nothing is impossible and nothing is invincible, be it a taxi service or a private service.

Lesson to be learnt :- Take the cheaper option amongst the two options available and save the money for a good fuck.

Second lesson to be learnt. Over 5 years on this forum, I have noticed that their are "many many" mongers who would prefer to spend premium dollars on the absolutely best chicas in town. However, almost all the mongers prefer to save on transportation from Ezeiza to home in CF unless they were here for work and someone else was picking the tab (exceptions are of course there). Even in that case when someone else is picking the tab, I can give you my example. I can take any kind of taxi between my home and Ezeiza and just send the receipt / factura scan to my employers (who believe in pissing money) for reimbursement. It would be done,. NO Questions asked. But, even then, I find taxi Ezeiza as the "very very" best option for my needs which simply are safe, comfortable and timely transportation to the airport or back home when arriving.

This forum was of great service to me when I first arrived here as it guided me to the best and cheapest options available in the city and helped me save many dollars or expensive deals. This is why, I insist on guiding the newbies, reading this forum, in the right direction. Just my way, to pay back.Agreed there can be problems with a chauffeured car service, although at SilverStar, we do everything we can to minimize the risk, and we have generally been very reliable, we are for those who prefer to not have to cram in a Honda Fit or similar, and we are for those who prefer a chauffeur that drives in a reasonable and prudent manner, and not have the fuss of going to the Taxi stand, then sit and wait for a cab to be available. Our goal at SilverStar, from the very beginning was to provide a better alternative than what existed previously, better punctuality, better cars, better English, friendly chauffeurs, and sane driving. At SilverStar, we do believe there is a difference between our roomy and comfortable Executive Plus Sedans with pillow soft leather seats vs a tiny Honda Fit with rock hard cloth seats.

SilverStar. A better way to get to and from the airport.

www.silverstarcar.com

Mpexy
01-14-13, 03:49
As long as Taxi ezeiza service exisists at EZE, their is no need for a private chauffeur driven taxi. The Taxi ezieza service is impeccable with zero problems. I use them them 5-7 times a month.Depends who you are I suppose. You've more than made clear your preference over using a chauffeur service like Fred. All well and good. But that's you.

And while there may be no need for you, clearly the market exists as a need for others.

My preference has little to do with debating whether taxi Ezeixa is safe enough, comfortable enough, or won't break down. I too find these fairly irrelevant factors. Used both Taxi Ezeiza and Silverstar multiple times and while Fred's ride is certainly more comfortable, that's not to say Taxi Ezeiza is uncomfortable by any stretch.

Simply put, I use Fred because I value my time as well as type A need to be picked up exactly when I say I want, down to the minute. Even if I have plenty of free time, I dislike waiting. I pay Fred's premium because a chauffeur service allows for that type of precision.

For a pickup to the airport, apartment change, whatever, I pay his premium because I don't assume, guess, or hope he will arrive within some time window, no matter how thin. I absolutely know he will have me picked up and wheels moving at the exact minute I specify. The premium paid is for that expectation and actual delivery against that expectation. He does what is needed to ensure that happens, including leaving early and arriving 15min early to wait until the specified time or at my leisure.

Taxi Ezeiza will also arrive on time as well, almost always at least from my xp. But the difference is they generally have a 5-15min window where the driver may arrive. Sometimes more, sometimes less. You can't get Taxi Ezeiza to guarantee and put their service rep behind arriving at the exact minute you'd like.

If you don't need or don't go nuts waiting for that kind of precision, go with Taxi Ezeiza or many other remise services.

If you don't see value in Fred's service, also fair. But by definition you can't say there is no need for his service when clearly that niche exists in every major city I'm aware of. You can take a nice, safe and comfortable taxi to LAX or private shuttle with no stops to pickup anyone else for half or less the cost of a limo or town car. Yet tons of people with disposable income, on expense acct or personal dime, choose to pay the premium chauffeur service. Saying over and over there is no need for a Fred-type service seems obviously contradicted by every major city having Fred-clones running around.

Toymann
01-14-13, 04:22
Depends who you are I suppose. You've more than made clear your preference over using a chauffeur service like Fred. All well and good. But that's you.

And while there may be no need for you, clearly the market exists as a need for others.

My preference has little to do with debating whether taxi Ezeixa is safe enough, comfortable enough, or won't break down. I too find these fairly irrelevant factors. Used both Taxi Ezeiza and Silverstar multiple times and while Fred's ride is certainly more comfortable, that's not to say Taxi Ezeiza is uncomfortable by any stretch.

Simply put, I use Fred because I value my time as well as type A need to be picked up exactly when I say I want, down to the minute. Even if I have plenty of free time, I dislike waiting. I pay Fred's premium because a chauffeur service allows for that type of precision.

For a pickup to the airport, apartment change, whatever, I pay his premium because I don't assume, guess, or hope he will arrive within some time window, no matter how thin. I absolutely know he will have me picked up and wheels moving at the exact minute I specify. The premium paid is for that expectation and actual delivery against that expectation. He does what is needed to ensure that happens, including leaving early and arriving 15min early to wait until the specified time or at my leisure.

Taxi Ezeiza will also arrive on time as well, almost always at least from my xp. But the difference is they generally have a 5-15min window where the driver may arrive. Sometimes more, sometimes less. You can't get Taxi Ezeiza to guarantee and put their service rep behind arriving at the exact minute you'd like.

If you don't need or don't go nuts waiting for that kind of precision, go with Taxi Ezeiza or many other remise services.

If you don't see value in Fred's service, also fair. But by definition you can't say there is no need for his service when clearly that niche exists in every major city I'm aware of. You can take a nice, safe and comfortable taxi to LAX or private shuttle with no stops to pickup anyone else for half or less the cost of a limo or town car. Yet tons of people with disposable income, on expense acct or personal dime, choose to pay the premium chauffeur service. Saying over and over there is no need for a Fred-type service seems obviously contradicted by every major city having Fred-clones running around.In spite of your long justification, it really is not on point in the least. Even if one has plenty of disposable income and wants to pay north of 2 to 3 times market for a 40 minute ride to town, that's not his point. You often justify your point by reflecting the needs or desires of those outside one standard deviation from the mean. It's fine if you want to pay the premium. Go for it as it is your cash to do what you want with. That said, Fred's posts do occasionally border on fear mongering (unsafe conditions, bonded drivers, etc.). Most travelers at EZE, lax, etc. Just take a cab. PERIOD!

Took VIP car service this past October. 220 pesos to recoleta. No wait, fine car, no fuss, no muss. Why make this so complicated Mplexy? If ya need fast service, just stop by the VIP booth and pay the 220 pesos. My point is simply, for those coming to Argentina for the first time, just taking an inexpensive cab for the 30-40 minute ride to town is certainly the fast, simple and easy way to get from A to B. For those that require the luxury or attention, Fred is a great option. All the safety / other stuff is just stuff. Monger on all. Toymann

Ps. The Member flies in and out of EZE each month more than most of us do each year. Taking his comments to heart shouldn't be that tough. My dos centavos.

Mpexy
01-14-13, 06:50
And you continually try to insert yourself with troll and bully tactics that always devolve down to we just don't get your humor, your "Internet persona", or misdirecting the point. Stemming from your deep and massive inferiority complex that so many times just serves to derail the board.

Member3320 stated there was no need for a Fred the chauffeur service long as Taxi Ezeiza existed. His opinion, fine.

My reply was exactly on point you troll. Agree or disagree, it is completely on topic to simply state that Fred's chauffeur service delivers features that Taxi Ezeiza does not. Whether he or you value that additional feature is completely up to you and thereby choose whether anyone feels the extra premium paid is worth it.

Why don't you leave the adults alone and go back to trolling your endless incredible black book of chicas only you have access to? Oh wait, that's right, last time you tried that you got face slapped down by another resident member with cold facts that made you look rather foolish. Which I refrained from replying on despite being witness to the events described. But you want to continue being a troll, bring it on and I will post the witness reply I should have back then.

So glad you'll be back in BsAs soon. Once you start having your bragged about "next level" sex again, perhaps you'll be slightly less trollish to deal with until you return to your drudgery.

In spite of your long justification, it really is not on point in the least. Even if one has plenty of disposable income and wants to pay north of 2 to 3 times market for a 40 minute ride to town, that's not his point. You often justify your point by reflecting the needs or desires of those outside one standard deviation from the mean. It's fine if you want to pay the premium. Go for it as it is your cash to do what you want with. That said, Fred's posts do occasionally border on fear mongering (unsafe conditions, bonded drivers, etc.). Most travelers at EZE, lax, etc. Just take a cab. PERIOD!

Took VIP car service this past October. 220 pesos to recoleta. No wait, fine car, no fuss, no muss. Why make this so complicated Mplexy? If ya need fast service, just stop by the VIP booth and pay the 220 pesos. My point is simply, for those coming to Argentina for the first time, just taking an inexpensive cab for the 30-40 minute ride to town is certainly the fast, simple and easy way to get from A to B. For those that require the luxury or attention, Fred is a great option. All the safety / other stuff is just stuff. Monger on all. Toymann.

Ps. The Member flies in and out of EZE each month more than most of us do each year. Taking his comments to heart shouldn't be that tough. My dos centavos.

Toymann
01-14-13, 13:15
Only you or your sad little wingman could interpret my last post this way. This thread is about taking a taxi. The members comments were quite clear. Your personal attacks betray you. I will repeat. Fred's services are great if your priority is luxury. Think of it like a first class airline ticket for a 30 or 40 minute trip. The other methods are just fine and are more cost effective. Happy mongering all. Toymann.

Member #3320
01-14-13, 13:23
That said, Fred's posts do occasionally border on fear mongering (unsafe conditions, bonded drivers, etc.).Exactly. That was really my point. Fred's promotion is based on creating fear mongering for gullible newbies. And he thrives on doing it again and again. And that is why I post on this thread again and again.

M. Plexy, to be fair to your comment in response to my comment. You are 100% right. If anyone wants to pay 10 pesos or 10US$ or 100 US$ or 1000US$ for the ride from the airport to their hotel/home in BA, who the hell am I am to have a problem with it! Their is a always a economy class, business class and first class in the aeroplanes exactly for this reason. It the always the customer/client's money, problem, decision, choice, preference, requirement, need. I agree absolutely with your assessment ! In case you still have some disagreements, let me use your infamous phrase "Lets just agree to disagree".

My advise is only & ONLY for gullible newbies ( and not for seasoned BA mongers), who are arriving for the first time or after many years and are unsure of what to do on arrival. To them "Take Taxi ezeiza. You will reach your destination fine and waiting time does not exist at the Taxi ezeiza counter unless its a freak day, in which case you could be waiting for about 10-15 minutes at the counter before being taken to your taxi. Do not be disuaded by fear tactics on this thread".

Silver Star
01-14-13, 14:33
Exactly. That was really my point. Fred's promotion is based on creating fear mongering for gullible newbies. And he thrives on doing it again and again. And that is why I post on this thread again and again.

M. Plexy, to be fair to your comment in response to my comment. You are 100% right. If anyone wants to pay 10 pesos or 10US$ or 100 US$ or 1000US$ for the ride from the airport to their hotel / home in BA, who the hell am I am to have a problem with it! Their is a always a economy class, business class and first class in the aeroplanes exactly for this reason. It the always the customer / client's money, problem, decision, choice, preference, requirement, need. I agree absolutely with your assessment! In case you still have some disagreements, let me use your infamous phrase "Lets just agree to disagree".

My advise is only & ONLY for gullible newbies (and not for seasoned BA mongers) , who are arriving for the first time or after many years and are unsure of what to do on arrival. To them "Take Taxi ezeiza. You will reach your destination fine and waiting time does not exist at the Taxi ezeiza counter unless its a freak day, in which case you could be waiting for about 10-15 minutes at the counter before being taken to your taxi. Do not be disuaded by fear tactics on this thread".At SilverStar, we don't base our marketing on fear mongering, we do however point out the many differences and advantages of hiring a chauffeured luxury car with an educated, English speaking driver (etc etc) car vs a taxi, all differences and reasons that have been pointed out in the past are true. Our formula for success has been from the beggining to do a better job than the others guys, plain and simple. Many of my guests prefer to be in a nice and clean and comfortable Luxury Car vs a Honda Fit, and yes, there is a difference in comfort and safety between the 2. There is nothing wrong with taking Taxi EZE, VIP, World Car, public bus, etc, we just want those who are looking for something better than what's available at EZE, that there are better alternatives (SilverStar) than to cramming into a tiny Argentine taxi.

www.silverstarcar.com

For when you want something better in chauffeured car services in Buenos Aires (We speak English)

TejanoLibre
01-27-13, 01:38
25 people in a band of counterfiters have been arrested and 11 of them were,or are TAXI Drivers.They specialized in the new "Evita" bills and they targeted tourist and retired people.

In only one of 29 different warrants served they discovered $250,000.00 pesos and $13,000.00 dollars.Fake or real?

A ten peso fake bill cost about 1.4 to 2 pesos to buy.

The taxi drivers would prey on drunk people leaving the clubs at night.

More to come!

TL.

Member #3320
01-27-13, 04:57
25 people in a band of counterfiters have been arrested and 11 of them were, or are TAXI Drivers. They specialized in the new "Evita" bills and they targeted tourist and retired people.

In only one of 29 different warrants served they discovered $250, 000. 00 pesos and $13, 000. 00 dollars. Fake or real?

A ten peso fake bill cost about 1. 4 to 2 pesos to buy.

The taxi drivers would prey on drunk people leaving the clubs at night.

More to come!

TL.Damn! I am so nervous.Could hardly sleep after reading this report.Was prespiring all night,in fear of the taxi drivers of BA.:-)

Silver Star
01-27-13, 11:05
A couple of prominent mongers have tried to convince me that all taxi drivers are honest. At night,do these taxis drive with their lights 'on or off'?I guess the crooks are starting early with the new Evita 100 peso notes,since many people haven't seen them yet.The trick with the new Evita notes for verifying is look at the green seal on the front left of the note,there is a reflecting line in the middle that moves up and down as you move the bill up and down,plus a better silver strip down the mid-left side.Of course always best with a can diver to pay with small bills,and round up to the next peso or 2,don't bother them with asking for small change.

Best for Argentina is to do what Canada did,go to Australian plastic polymer notes,they last longer,and allow for a see thru window,making the notes virtually impossible to counterfeit.

Member #3320
01-29-13, 01:04
Arrived tonight at EZE from a new voyage. And for once Taxi Ezeiza was bursting with clients like honey attracts bees. I walked over to the girl and asked her, "when is the car avbl?" And she said "wait time about 25 minutes".

I thought "Man, how happy my friend Silver Star would be to read this!" I could literally imagine silver star & TL jumping with joy on their sofa as they read this!

Ha ha.

Anyway, immediately facing Taxi Ezeiza stand, to its right are silver railings. If you approach the silver railings, suddenly you will see another 5-6 vendors offering services similar to Taxi Ezeiza. I just approached the first one and asked " do you have taxi now", she said "no, wait time 10 minutes. Charges 230 pesos" I said "business denied" Then I asked the next one " do you have a taxi now", she said "wait time 5 minutes. Charges 210 pesos". I said "business denied". Then I asked the 3rd one. I said " do you have a taxi now. She said "yes sir, we have 4 cars with 4 drivers ready right now". I said " how much" she said "200 pesos". The driver grabbed my bag and led me to a nice brand new honda civic. I was home in 30 minutes or so. Air conditioned, nice English music on FM 102. 3 Driver literally bending over to impress me for return business.

I love BA

TejanoLibre
01-29-13, 01:45
Arrived tonight at EZE from a new voyage. And for once Taxi Ezeiza was bursting with clients like honey attracts bees. I walked over to the girl and asked her,"when is the car avbl?" And she said "wait time about 25 minutes".

I thought "Man, how happy my friend Silver Star would be to read this!" I could literally imagine silver star & TL jumping with joy on their sofa as they read this!

Ha ha.

Anyway, immediately facing Taxi Ezeiza stand, to its right are silver railings. If you approach the silver railings, suddenly you will see another 5-6 vendors offering services similar to Taxi Ezeiza. I just approached the first one and asked " do you have taxi now", she said "no, wait time 10 minutes. Charges 230 pesos" I said "business denied" Then I asked the next one " do you have a taxi now", she said "wait time 5 minutes. Charges 210 pesos". I said "business denied". Then I asked the 3rd one. I said " do you have a taxi now. She said "yes sir, we have 4 cars with 4 drivers ready right now". I said " how much" she said "200 pesos". The driver grabbed my bag and led me to a nice brand new honda civic. I was home in 30 minutes or so. Air conditioned, nice English music on FM 102. 3 Driver literally bending over to impress me for return business.

I love BADude, I use the city bus to go and come frome the airport, maybe 3pesos!

Could care less how you boys arrive and depart!

Try it some time!

TL.

Would feel a lot better if you did not even come to MY TOWN!

Save your bullshit for the people that deserve it!

I am not a taxi service and I do not benefit from your mistakes.

Thanks,

TL

Silver Star
01-29-13, 02:05
Arrived tonight at EZE from a new voyage. And for once Taxi Ezeiza was bursting with clients like honey attracts bees. I walked over to the girl and asked her,"when is the car avbl?" And she said "wait time about 25 minutes".

Ha ha.

I love BAWas that car official, with the correct licensing and insurance? Just wondering.

Member #3320
01-29-13, 04:28
Would feel a lot better if you did not even come to MY TOWN!

Save your bullshit for the people that deserve it!

TL

I do not "come" to this town. I "live" in this town.

Ditto :- Save your bullshit for the people that deserve it!

Member #3320
01-29-13, 04:29
Was that car official, with the correct licensing and insurance? Just wondering.Oops! I forgot to check all these vital details. What a folly!

What if the car had a accident! Or if they would have kidnapped me? Or if the driver was a fugitive? did I perform a check on criminal records? what if the car had a flat tyre in middle of the journey? What if the driver got lost on the road? What if the driver was driving without a driver's license? did I check it? No, i did not!

Gosh! Terrible things would have happended! What a narrow escape! Ja ja.

On another note, I did notice they had a proper kiosk at the main terminal of the airport in public view and not operating a internet business! I know where exactly to catch them, should they attempt a con.

TejanoLibre
01-29-13, 07:49
I do not "come" to this town. I "live" in this town.

Ditto :- Save your bullshit for the people that deserve it!The Taxi Driver Jabs are Funny but there is absolutely no point in mixing me in with the transportation threads.

Why don't you tell us about the English Taxi drivers, they still hate the English down here for some reason.

An Argentine is an Italian that speaks Spanish but thinks he's British!

Funny Lot!

TL

BorisB
02-19-13, 15:27
I require transport from hotel in recolleta to EZE and then 2 weeks later from EZE to aeroparque. What option would suit me best for price / reliability? I paid $240 using taxi ezeiza one way from EZE AEP last week.

Silver Star
02-19-13, 16:34
I require transport from hotel in recolleta to EZE and then 2 weeks later from EZE to aeroparque. What option would suit me best for price / reliability? I paid $240 using taxi ezeiza one way from EZE AEP last week.How much of a window do you have between transfers on your EZE-AEP transfer and what time of day is this run?

Fred.

www.silverstarcar.com

BorisB
02-20-13, 09:42
How much of a window do you have between transfers on your EZE-AEP transfer and what time of day is this run?

Fred.

www.silverstarcar.comMost likely 3-4 hours.

Silver Star
02-21-13, 02:40
Most likely 3-4 hours.Your safest bet, and fastest way would be to have a reliable chauffeured car service do this transfer, especially if it is a workday. A 4 hour window is the minimum we like to take. We also check the current traffic status before we decide which route to take.

Fred.

www.silverstarcar.com

Amantelondres
02-21-13, 06:47
Your safest bet, and fastest way would be to have a reliable chauffeured car service do this transfer, especially if it is a workday. A 4 hour window is the minimum we like to take. We also check the current traffic status before we decide which route to take.

Fred.

www.silverstarcar.comI see from the Aerolineas website that they now require you to check in 2 hours before your flight for domestic flights and 3 hours for international. Rather stupid as for some destinations the flight is less than 2 hours and the inbound flight hasn't even left BA! And often never does for whatever reason.

Daddy Rulz
02-21-13, 12:53
I see from the Aerolineas website that they now require you to check in 2 hours before your flight for domestic flights and 3 hours for international. Rather stupid as for some destinations the flight is less than 2 hours and the inbound flight hasn't even left BA! And often never does for whatever reason.It wouldn't surprise me at all if Aerolineas put a deal in place paying them a commission on all airport merchandise sales because they are getting their passengers there earlier.

Silver Star
02-21-13, 20:04
I see from the Aerolineas website that they now require you to check in 2 hours before your flight for domestic flights and 3 hours for international. Rather stupid as for some destinations the flight is less than 2 hours and the inbound flight hasn't even left BA! And often never does for whatever reason.We generally aim to have your guests 2.5 to 3 hrs before international departures and 90 minutes before domestic, and haven't had one complaint (missed flight) in over 4 years.

Fred.

www.silverstarcar.com

Because going to and from the airport in Buenos Aires doesn't have to suck.

TejanoLibre
03-08-13, 20:05
Headlines Read:

"Taxi Breaks Down on Freeway, Dominican Killed".

Last night on the way to the airport the taxi that the girl was riding in broke down and pulled over onto the shoulder of the road. She and the taxi driver got out of the vehicle and the safety cones were placed behind the taxi along with a reflective safety triangle. The Dominican girl felt that it was too cold to wait outside on the side of the road so she climbed back into the car. The 18 wheeler flatened the cab.

Moral of the Story:

Better Call Fred!

TL ,

Too Cold ? Shit , it was miserable yesterday ; maybe 28 nasty , humid degrees !

Member #3320
03-08-13, 20:50
*shudder*.

Don B
03-15-13, 17:08
This afternoon I received a video from a friend.

He knew it would be of interest to me as it is a cell phone video of a Bs As taxi driver trying toscam a passanger.

I write a monthly column in a numismatic magazine that also includes my travel adventures (I do have other interests besides chicas).

Last year I took a taxi from the bus station to my apartment and the driver tried a scam, claimed all of my money was out of date.

He had already pissed me off as he had gone several blocks out of the way to run up the fare.

His scam failed and he didn't get a tip.

If anyone is interested in the video send me a PM with yor email and I'll forward it.

Don.

Mpexy
03-15-13, 18:57
Used Fred for ride to EZE recently and a couple in-town transfers before that.

The ability to rely on exact timing and have ride ready the second my foot exits apartment door with zero wait is personally what I'm happy to pay the premium for. 3 transfers during my 7 month stay and Fred was always ready to go with 0 second window that I typically demand of chauffeur services.

Comfort of ride, safety, etc aside, which Taxi Ezeiza would be just fine, the precision departure vs. 15 min window is what I'd recommend Silverstar for. If you're not that crazed about exact time windows for departure, I think Taxi Ezeiza is just fine so don't take or turn this into a anti-remise comment.

TejanoLibre
03-15-13, 19:23

The ability to rely on exact timing and have ride ready the second my foot exits apartment door with zero wait is personally what I'm happy to pay the premium for. 3 transfers during my 7 month stay and Fred was always ready to go with 0 second window that I typically demand of chauffeur services.

Comfort of ride, safety, etc aside, which Taxi Ezeiza would be just fine, the precision departure vs. 15 min window is what I'd recommend Silverstar for. If you're not that crazed about exact time windows for departure, I think Taxi Ezeiza is just fine so don't take or turn this into a anti-remise comment.Fred is a great guy with an impeccable service so if you can or if you need to do so or if you want to do so he is the man.

Enough said!

TL.

P.S. I have taken a city bus to and from the airport for about .50 cents but it takes a long time! Did it for fun!

Tres3
03-16-13, 00:55

Comfort of ride, safety, etc aside, which Taxi Ezeiza would be just fine, the precision departure vs. 15 min window is what I'd recommend Silverstar for. If you're not that crazed about exact time windows for departure, I think Taxi Ezeiza is just fine so don't take or turn this into a anti-remise comment.I will second MPEXY's comment. Before you bash Fred, remember that you are paying a PREMIUM for his service. If you do not want to pay top peso for car / taxi service, then do not use Silverstar. Use a less expensive service, but do not complain that Fred is too high.

Tres3.

Rock Harders
03-16-13, 01:47
Mongers-.

I use Fred's transportation services on a regular basis (15-20 x / year) and I second Mpexy and Tres3 reviews on the quality of the service. Whether being picked up at my apartment for a ride to the airport or being picked up at the airport for a ride to my place, Fred's team is NEVER late and there is NEVER any wasting time waiting. There are plenty of cheaper and potentially slower / less convenient ways to go to / from the airport; Fred operates an executive service for people who place a high value on their time, convenience and personal safety.

Suerte,

Rock Harders.

Toymann
03-16-13, 02:11
Fred operates an executive service for people who place a high value on their time, convenience and personal safety.

Suerte,

Rock Harders.

Ever notice that some of the richest guys on the board are among the tightest. There must be a lesson in there somewhere that I failed to learn. LOL.I really like the quote from BBM. Seems somehow appropriate here. My dos centavos. LOL. Monger on fellas. Toymann.

Miami Bob
11-29-13, 14:44
I just got off the phone with them from the USA. They are not taking reservations for Dec 24/25. The will be operating, but with fewer drivers. There maybe waits.

Boston
12-02-13, 20:35
I just got off the phone with them from the USA. They are not taking reservations for Dec 24/25. The will be operating, but with fewer drivers. There maybe waits.I took the taxi from the airport and they were at the pickup spot before I finished a cigarette. From the time I paid to the time we were driving away was about 10 minutes. That includes the walk from the counter to the pickup spot right outside the door. Fast, efficient and recommended.

HotRod11
12-05-13, 21:05
Several years ago oh maybe 10 or 12 I had a reservation at a hotel in Recoleta. They asked me if I wanted airport pickup for 135 pesos. I had a few things to do at the airport so I said no. After taking care of my business I caught a local airport taxi. I gave him the address and off we go. As we were leaving the airport I asked my driver when he was going to turn on the meter. He said don't worry its all electronic. I asked how he would know how muck to charge me with no meter. Again he said relax its all electronic. Ok so I may be from a rural area but I know when I'm about to be butt fucked. Luckily I had both of my bags in the back seat with me. I took out my camera and took several pictures of the meter than I took about five pictures of my driver...We arrive at my hotel and he flips a switch and on comes the meter. He says sir your fare is 475 pesos. Ten years ago that was a lot for a taxi from the airport. I grabbed my bags and off I go to the hotel explaining to the taxi driver that the hotel would pay his fare. He resisted but I was so fast he couldn't keep up with me. When inside the hotel in a very loud voice I said someone call the police this God damn thieving taxi driver is trying to rob me. With that security and the desk clerk came to my rescue. I made my case and they said to the driver either you accept 100 pesos or we call police. If possible and you are traveling alone try to keep your bags with you not in the trunk.

TejanoLibre
12-05-13, 22:23
Several years ago oh maybe 10 or 12 I had a reservation at a hotel in Recoleta. They asked me if I wanted airport pickup for 135 pesos. I had a few things to do at the airport so I said no. After taking care of my business I caught a local airport taxi. I gave him the address and off we go. As we were leaving the airport I asked my driver when he was going to turn on the meter. He said don't worry its all electronic. I asked how he would know how muck to charge me with no meter. Again he said relax its all electronic. Ok so I may be from a rural area but I know when I'm about to be butt fucked. Luckily I had both of my bags in the back seat with me. I took out my camera and took several pictures of the meter than I took about five pictures of my driver...We arrive at my hotel and he flips a switch and on comes the meter. He says sir your fare is 475 pesos. Ten years ago that was a lot for a taxi from the airport. I grabbed my bags and off I go to the hotel explaining to the taxi driver that the hotel would pay his fare. He resisted but I was so fast he couldn't keep up with me. When inside the hotel in a very loud voice I said someone call the police this God damn thieving taxi driver is trying to rob me. With that security and the desk clerk came to my rescue. I made my case and they said to the driver either you accept 100 pesos or we call police. If possible and you are traveling alone try to keep your bags with you not in the trunk.That's a great story!

The other night I rode in a Taxi that was rigged with a switch that doubles the meter's rate at the touch of a button. Really hard to prove but the 30 peso ride to Newport cost me 75 . Zero traffic and he was hauling ass!

I should have jumped out but I was with a GF and a friend of "Ours."

I broke my hand against a Taxi a few years ago and it took 6 months to heal but it was worth it!

Just like a policeman, never around when you need one!

TL.

Riina
03-14-15, 14:53
Hi guys,

I finally booked my trip to BA next week. I'm confused. I just read this newly posted tourist article and it mentions EZE taxi's. Here's the paragraph:

"When you arrive at Ezeiza International, the regular metered taxis lined up outside the terminal cost less than the fixed-priced "official" Taxiezeiza inside the terminal, though you will be told otherwise. Charge will be 300-350 vs. 400 pesos into town; 250-300 vs. 350 coming back. (The return is less expensive as there are no government airport fees.) You can change some money before you leave for Argentina at a currency exchange office similar to Peoples Foreign Exchange in New York (212-883-0550) whose rates are far better than any major bank, or at Banco de la Naciand within Ezeiza Airport. Only at Banco de la Naciand. If you don't have pesos, Taxiezeiza will accept dollars (though at a higher fee) and plan to change money as soon as you arrive in town. Your hotel will tell you where. This is one time you should leave home with a lot of cash. ".

The article states regular metered taxis are cheaper than taxiezeiza and kind of implies it is the better option. I remember reading here that taxi ezeiza was the recommended transport and to avoid the taxi guys outside the terminal. Could someone please confirm the better option.

Here's the link to the article.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/bonnie-kassel/the-exceptional-traveler-cool-hip-affordable-buenos-aires-and-when-its-cold-here-its-hot-there_b_6829198.html

Tumblingdice
03-14-15, 18:02
Hi guys,

I finally booked my trip to BA next week. I'm confused. I just read this newly posted tourist article and it mentions EZE taxi's. Here's the paragraph:

"When you arrive at Ezeiza International, the regular metered taxis lined up outside the terminal cost less than the fixed-priced "official" Taxiezeiza inside the terminal, though you will be told otherwise. Charge will be 300-350 vs. 400 pesos into town; 250-300 vs. 350 coming back. (The return is less expensive as there are no government airport fees.) You can change some money before you leave for Argentina at a currency exchange office similar to Peoples Foreign Exchange in New York (212-883-0550) whose rates are far better than any major bank, or at Banco de la Naciand within Ezeiza Airport. Only at Banco de la Naciand. If you don't have pesos, Taxiezeiza will accept dollars (though at a higher fee) and plan to change money as soon as you arrive in town. Your hotel will tell you where. This is one time you should leave home with a lot of cash. ".

The article states regular metered taxis are cheaper than taxiezeiza and kind of implies it is the better option. I remember reading here that taxi ezeiza was the recommended transport and to avoid the taxi guys outside the terminal. Could someone please confirm the better option.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/bonnie-kassel/the-exceptional-traveler-cool-hip-affordable-buenos-aires-and-when-its-cold-here-its-hot-there_b_6829198.htmlThe cost of TaxiEzeiza or one from outside is not much difference really. Since a few weeks ago cost of TaxiEzeiza was 400 p. Whereas what I tend to do now is walk through into the.

Adjoining departures hall and out through the front door of that hall. I simply wait a minute or two for a taxi that has just dropped off somebody else. Cost is usually 300-350 p. The main difference is that you do not have to hang around waiting for the obligatory luggage boy as with TaxiEz, who you will HAVE to tip also. So a saving of up to 100 p + whatever tip you gave. Both fares should be INCLUSIVE of the 2 toll charges on the way to town. Make sure it does. Some degree of Spanish helps.

TejanoLibre
03-14-15, 19:33
Hi guys,

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/bonnie-kassel/the-exceptional-traveler-cool-hip-affordable-buenos-aires-and-when-its-cold-here-its-hot-there_b_6829198.htmlA lot of Bullshit to save about $8. 00 dollars. Maybe?

DO NOT EXCHANGE in the USA or at the AIRPORT or pay in DOLLARS!

Your Wonder Bank may give you 8. 60 to 1 .

It's almost 13 to 1 here.

If you must, bring 500 Argentine pieces of Toilet Paper that they call Pesos.

Just enough to pay for the cab.

Manuel Tienda Leon will shuttle you to your destination for about 140 pesos.

Cool, comfortable, large and safe!

They have a website.

http://www.tiendaleon.com/resultados/busqueda/bus/ezeiza/

Book your hotel with a credit card and pay your bill in Pesos at 13 to 1 !

Don't stay in Palermo if you like Hooking.

Too far for the Chicas. They complain.

When are you arriving and do you know where you are going to stay?

Take Care,

TL.

Of course you could have "The Beast" pick you up at the airport in a limo with champagne and kisses instead!

Member #3320
03-14-15, 22:31
The cost of TaxiEzeiza or one from outside is not much difference really. Since a few weeks ago cost of TaxiEzeiza was 400 p. Whereas what I tend to do now is walk through into the.

Adjoining departures hall and out through the front door of that hall. I simply wait a minute or two for a taxi that has just dropped off somebody else. Cost is usually 300-350 p. The main difference is that you do not have to hang around waiting for the obligatory luggage boy as with TaxiEz, who you will HAVE to tip also. So a saving of up to 100 p + whatever tip you gave. Both fares should be INCLUSIVE of the 2 toll charges on the way to town. Make sure it does. Some degree of Spanish helps.If you carrying 10000 USD on your arrival to BA it makes sense to spend 40-50 USD on the safe taxi ezeiza or "transfer express" (which I usually use) to come back to your hotel safely with 10 k than trying to hail a cab on the street on your first visit here.

ElAlamoPalermo
03-14-15, 23:15
I took Taxi Ezeiza earlier in the week and it was a flat 400 pesos to Recoleta.

Riina
03-15-15, 12:12
Thanks guys for the information. As a solo traveler, I'm going with the bus. Seems a good first step "to do as the locals" and it's cheaper and probably safer than traveling with a stranger that knows your holding lots of cash. Since it's my first trip to BA, I'm playing it safe and staying at the Sheraton Libertador next week.

Sportsman
03-15-15, 18:05
Thanks guys for the information. As a solo traveler, I'm going with the bus. Seems a good first step "to do as the locals" and it's cheaper and probably safer than traveling with a stranger that knows your holding lots of cash. Since it's my first trip to BA, I'm playing it safe and staying at the Sheraton Libertador next week.The Manuel Tienda Leon (MTL) bus will drop you off at the Terminal Madero in Retiro. They offer a shuttle from Terminal Madero to your hotel for a small fee. The problem with that is you might have to wait for a few minutes for the shuttle. You'll be in the shuttle with few other people and they might might made a few stops before reaching your hotel. The alternative is just take a taxi from there. It's only one or two km away. Keep in mind the Sheraton Hotel you probably will notice a block away from Terminal Madero in not your hotel. That is Sheraton Hotel Convention Center. Sheraton Libertador is on Cordoba and Maipu.

On the return, trying to get the MTL shuttle from the hotel to Terminal Madero can be a pain. I suggest just get a taxi to Terminal Madero.

Don B
03-17-15, 20:07
The Manuel Tienda Leon (MTL) bus will drop you off at the Terminal Madero in Retiro. They offer a shuttle from Terminal Madero to your hotel for a small fee. The problem with that is you might have to wait for a few minutes for the shuttle. You'll be in the shuttle with few other people and they might might made a few stops before reaching your hotel. The alternative is just take a taxi from there. It's only one or two km away. Keep in mind the Sheraton Hotel you probably will notice a block away from Terminal Madero in not your hotel. That is Sheraton Hotel Convention Center. Sheraton Libertador is on Cordoba and Maipu.

On the return, trying to get the MTL shuttle from the hotel to Terminal Madero can be a pain. I suggest just get a taxi to Terminal Madero.Will they shuttle you to an apartment or only a hotel?

My apartment this time is only 6 or 7 blocks from the terminal so I could walk if I feel ambitious.

Don B.

BigMic
09-26-15, 23:32
Taxi Ezeiza is now a flat 450 pesos from the international airport EZE into town (the return trip is less at 350p, though most taxis will honor this flat rate TO EZE). This is usually my first choice as I do not like to arrange airport pickup in advance. Taxi Ezeiza has a booth as you exit customs. Beware that the guy who grabs your bag and takes you outside to your taxi is quite aggressive in demanding a good tip. He wants/takes dollars and preys on you being tired and a bit disoriented from a long overnight flight.

Vegas Vic
11-17-18, 13:57
Just got the current (as of November 2018) pricing for a taxi from EZE to downtown/el centro.

- TaxiEzeiza: 1090 ARS or 32 USD.
- World Car: 1250 ARS.

Both are total costs including tolls; Pay in cash, not sure if credit cards are accepted; Reservation recommended.

Mamboson
11-19-18, 04:18
Just got the current (as of November 2018) pricing for a taxi from EZE to downtown/el centro.

- TaxiEzeiza: 1090 ARS or 32 USD.
- World Car: 1250 ARS.

Both are total costs including tolls; Pay in cash, not sure if credit cards are accepted; Reservation recommended.Isn't Tienda Leon still $5-6 USD including transfer to your hotel?

Tres3
11-19-18, 13:07
Isn't Tienda Leon still $5-6 USD including transfer to your hotel?Tienda Leon was always cheaper than a taxi, but I do not think it was ever as cheap as you indicate in your post. The rates change frequently, and I suggest that you check Internet pages just before you leave.

Tres3.

Redhot
11-20-18, 13:12
I offer transportation from Ezeiza to the Downtown area for $ 1000.

Mamboson
11-21-18, 22:51
Tienda Leon was always cheaper than a taxi, but I do not think it was ever as cheap as you indicate in your post. The rates change frequently, and I suggest that you check Internet pages just before you leave.

Tres3.Maybe it was closer to $10. I remember it was much much cheaper than a remis. Uber was great last time I was there but it sounds like that may be a thing of the past. Clearly, the best deal seems to be riding into town with Gy. ;-).

Dasisextra
12-03-19, 13:07
I offer transportation from Ezeiza to the Downtown area for $ 1000.Are you still doing this service?

WorldTravel69
12-10-19, 18:15
The cheapest way to the City.

http://www.tiendaleon.com/resultados/busqueda/bus/

Tienda Leon was always cheaper than a taxi, but I do not think it was ever as cheap as you indicate in your post. The rates change frequently, and I suggest that you check Internet pages just before you leave.

Tres3.