PDA

View Full Version : Smuler First BA Adventure

Smuler
03-27-07, 23:34
Greetings Everyone. I had the luck to come to BA from 3/16-23. I am sorry for the late post, but travel back to NYC, a funeral, and catching up on work left not much time until now.

I am a 6 time "veteran" of Amsterdam, and was really worried about coming down here with very minimal Spanish skills. Overall, it was a hinderance, but not as bad as I thought it would be.

I found BA residents to be extremely helpful to me in every aspect. They were very friendly in restaurants and bars, and were very willing to talk about where I come from and what it is like.

I will post reports in their respective sections but wanted to list some Good and Bad on my part:

Good- Nice friendly people, Chica eye candy, funny exchanges with taxi drivers (as interesting, if not better than NYC) prices of everything. (How come I saw my Canon A 540 in Chinatown of all places, priced 3 times HIGHER than what I bought it for in NY?) Riding my Bicycle (Folding Dahon Speed P8) in the parks of Palermo every morning. People looked at my bike like it was a spaceship! They were amazed that I was able to ride at a 20-22 MPH hour clip on the street past the Hippodrome back to my apartment in Belgrano. The looks on kids faces as they passed in cars was priceless!

Bad- Not visiting La Boca, Las Canitas, and the Ecological Reserve (not enough time) I really would have liked to ride there one morning. Oh well- next Time! The worst was that I bought my Blackberry and the 3 Stooges in my IT department insisted it would work and it didn't when I arrived. THIS SINGLEHANDEDLY SUCKED THE WORST! Not having a phone, other than those locuturios really fucked me up. This should be a lesson to everyone- rent a cell, or bring your own and make sure it works! I am an idiot for not following some forum advice. Better than that, I do not have a laptop. Using those locuturios for checking the forum and communicating with members is not the way to go. I was involved in what I think was a plan to get robbed in a taxi (I will explain later)

I wasted too much time picking chicas in clubs and ended up with my finger up my ass. That will come later too)

A note to anyone- I saw where Jackson's apartment was and without a doubt, I will try to stay there next time. Like being in the center of the BA universe!

Before I start posting in some associated areas, I wanted to throw out a sincere Thanks to BadBoy for taking me out the first night explaining things, and calling during the week to see of my reports / progress during my stay. I am returning my Amigo, and owe you one. If you ever need Amsterdam advice, please let me know.

Thanks to others on the forum for their reports and advice.

See you soon.

Best Regards.

Smuler