PDA

View Full Version : Sports

WorldTravel69
04-01-07, 11:12
128 Inch TV Screen.

Today, Indy Cars at St. Petersburg, Florida. 3:30 pm. No food for sale, just drinks.

Monday: NCAA Basketball, Championship Game, Ohio State vs. Florida. 10:00 pm.

Next Week: MLB (Major League Baseball)

April 11, 12: Formula 1 auto racing.

September: NFL.

Place:

L'Alliance Restaurant.

Cordoba 945

4327 3016, 4328 3174

Ramiro and Dario

WorldTravel69
04-02-07, 13:46
The race was great on the big Screen.

Tonight: NCAA Basketball, Championship Game, Ohio State vs. Florida. 10:00 pm. Closed for dinner but opening just before 10 pm for the game. No Food for sale, just Drinks.

This Week: MLB (Major League Baseball)

April 11, 12: Formula 1 auto racing.

Place:

L'Alliance Restaurant.

Cordoba 945

4327 3016, 4328 3174

Ramiro and Dario

WorldTravel69
04-04-07, 12:52
The NCAA Championship Game was great on the Big Screen.

This Week: MLB (Major League Baseball) Call about what game you want to see.

April 6, 7, 8: Formula 1 Auto Racing. Friday practice, Saturday Qualifying and Sunday the Race. Depending on the times from Malaysia. They are a day ahead. 4am Sunday morning according to Directvīs FoxSports 604. No Repeat!!!

April 15: Bahrain, 8am Sunday
http://www.formula1.com/

Place:

L'Alliance Restaurant.

Cordoba 945

4327 3016, 4328 3174

Ramiro and Dario

Hunt99
04-04-07, 13:20
Might it not make better sense for Ramiro and Dario to open up their own handle to advertise their restaurant, rather than to use the handle of a regular poster?

TejanoLibre
04-04-07, 23:14
Yes, I agree that it would be better for me to use my own handle. WT started it to get the ball rolling.

Thank You!

Ramiro (Tejano Libre)

Daddy Rulz
04-04-07, 23:31
Yes, I agree that it would be better for me to use my own handle. WT started it to get the ball rolling.

Thank You!

Ramiro (Tejano Libre)Isn't that a drink? Rum and coke with a Jalapeno? I smell a copywrite infringment!

WorldTravel69
04-06-07, 16:12
I posted the times here.

http://www.argentinaprivate.com/forum/showpost.php?p=369452&postcount=14

TejanoLibre
04-09-07, 20:07
I never heard of that drink but I might try it out tonight!

Isn't that a drink? Rum and coke with a Jalapeno? I smell a copywrite infringment!

El Perro
09-30-07, 01:43
How bout them Auburn Tigers! Oh to be at Toomer's Corner right about now!

El Perro
10-02-07, 11:59
I came across a report today on a local expat site that indicated there is a new place in Las Canitas that has american sports on the tube. Called "The Drink Gallery". A bit off the beaten path for alot of us, but might be worth checking out. Here's the link with address, though the site not yet operational.

http://www.drink-gallery.com/

Master J
02-23-08, 17:59
My son just purchased the new FIFA street video which a little twist from the regular game, where played, moves, etc. Only one big variation from the other videos. No Argenitina team, in Futbol? There are teams from Brazil, Cameroon, Korea, Sewden, all of the original teams and many more on the new one, but no Argentina.

I have been there over 10 times in the last 4 years, and while it does not qualify me as an expert of the country I beleive I have a sense of the people, the laid back, casual sense of day by day, but perhaps is there a little arrogance in this move. Mystified on this one, perhaps it may not mean anything for anyone else, just a thought.

Lueck Hoff
03-28-08, 12:17
Yesterday evening I went to the soccer match between Boca Juniors (from BA) and Cholo Cholo (from Chile)

Fine weather in the evening, about 40.000 people in the stadium at 9pm and a fantastic atmosphere as always there. The match was outstanding and ended 4: 3. I saw a match that was even more interesting than most of the matches I have seen so far in the european championsship. And a lot of goals are a lot of fun.

So if there is anyone on the board here who is seriously interested into soccer, I highly recommend to go there. There are a lot of companies in the city who have the tickets and bring you to the stadium and back to your hotel or appartment. I went with gofootball.com.

Lueck Hoff

El Perro
03-28-08, 15:44
Yesterday evening I went to the soccer match between Boca Juniors (from BA) and Cholo Cholo (from Chile)

Fine weather in the evening, about 40.000 people in the stadium at 9pm and a fantastic atmosphere as always there. The match was outstanding and ended 4: 3. I saw a match that was even more interesting than most of the matches I have seen so far in the european championsship. And a lot of goals are a lot of fun.

So if there is anyone on the board here who is seriously interested into soccer, I highly recommend to go there. There are a lot of companies in the city who have the tickets and bring you to the stadium and back to your hotel or appartment. I went with gofootball. Com.

Lueck HoffLucky you! A great match to see, one of the best I have seen since moving to BA. Needs to be said that Boca won playing one man down for most of the match, and needed to win desperately to avoid all but mathematical elimin ation from the Libertadores. Also, for the record, the Chilean team is Colo Colo. Biggest team out of Santiago.

Isola2000
03-28-08, 19:24
April 11-13, I think it is called Parque Roca. Far S. W. BsAs. Last year you couldn't buy tickets on site. I had to lie and use my ingenuity to get in free!Today, Sweden in tennis is a long way from the years of Borg, Wilander etc.

No chance vs Argentina.

BUT do anyone know where Gabriella Sabatini has gone?

Think she originated from Mar del Plata like Guillermo Vilas in.

Late 70ies.

The most beautiful female tennis player ever, and she was.

Probably the no 1 on clay courts in late 70ies

El Perro
02-14-09, 09:07
Ex MLB player Candy Maldonado is in town on some official business, and I spotted him sitting outside at Newport Thursday night with a coupla suits. Nice guy and didn't appear to be partaking. He didn't offer me any blow.

Exon123
03-13-09, 12:19
Ex MLB player Candy Maldonado is in town on some official business, and I spotted him sitting outside at Newport Thursday night with a coupla suits. Nice guy and didn't appear to be partaking. He didn't offer me any blow.Last I heard OJ is in the slammer Dogg and he's not doing much "Blow" these days, The "CockSucker"

Exon

Smuler
03-13-09, 14:05
Hi Sid,

I have been following the Netherlands baseball thingy as part of my " other job "

I was amazed to find that jerkoff idiot Randall Simon was on the Netherlands team.

Remember him:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3V9kJw-kWQ8&feature=related

Best Regards.

Smuler

Smuler
03-13-09, 15:23
Then he got fat, starting beating on mascots, and thank god, he was run out of baseball within a year:

http://www.baseball-reference.com/s/simonra01.shtml#TRANS

Smuler

WorldTravel69
04-02-09, 12:48
What can you do at 12 thousand feet.

I know it would be hard to even jackoff, let alone play any game.

This is an AR tragedy! Minidona said ''each goal was like a stab in the heart''! Sid says--''what a stupid ass sport''!

El Perro
04-02-09, 13:15
What can you do at 12 thousand feet.

I know it would be hard to even jackoff, let alone play any game.LOL. I think it is 13,000 and some odd feet. Nearly twice the elevation of Mexico City and I had shortness of breath there at times just walking around!

As for jacking off, better trajectory though.;)

WorldTravel69
04-02-09, 13:47
It would go further Down than Up.

The Game: That is what you really call Home Field Advantage.

LOL. I think it is 13,000 and some odd feet. Nearly twice the elevation of Mexico City and I had shortness of breath there at times just walking around!

As for jacking off, better trajectory though.;)

Hound
05-10-10, 12:11
Article.

http://www.globalpost.com/dispatch/sports/100505/world-cup-sex-workers?page=0,0

El Perro
07-09-10, 10:45
Whoa. Lebron, Wade and Chris Bosh in Miami. I'm guessing the Heat aren't having any trouble moving season tickets.

Master J
07-09-10, 20:15
When it was announced that " The King " was headed south, alledgedly the Miami Heat online ticket buying crashed due to overwhelming requests.

Being an avid sports fan over the years, I can not remember such a media circus involving free agency. Understanding this was an unbelievable class to choose from, the whole buring of the jersey thing was a bit over the top for me. If he got traded what would they do to the owners, ransom his kids?

It will be interesting to see how they mesh as a team, but they are indeed a hot ticket when they come to town. How many games will Cleveland win this year? Got Byron Scott though.

Regarding Ray Allen, great shooter, 10 million per season? And is it true no one picking up Shaq?

The most troubling moment for me this year in sports was the perfect game being taken away from Armando Galarraga by Jim Joyce. The pussy Bud Selig could have done something and he did not have the balls to do so. Maybe it opens the door for later cases, but can you imagine the feeling? I don't think I could have handled it as well as Galarraga did.

El Perro
07-09-10, 20:36
The most troubling moment for me this year in sports was the perfect game being taken away from Armando Galarraga by Jim Joyce. The pussy Bud Selig could have done something and he did not have the balls to do so. Maybe it opens the door for later cases, but can you imagine the feeling? I don't think I could have handled it as well as Galarraga did.After Joyce apologized the next day for blowing the call, Galarraga accepted the apology and then had the quote of the year, "Nobody's perfect".

El Perro
10-09-10, 21:04
The Tide bites the dust! Yesssssss!

El Perro
10-23-10, 21:16
How about them Auburn Tigers. How about that Cam Newton.

WorldTravel69
10-24-10, 02:04
Screw all you baseball Non S. F. Giants Fans.

The S. F. Dirty Dozen is going to the World Series.

WorldTravel69
11-03-10, 18:55
In Case you Missed it.

The San Francisco Giants.

Here are a couple reminders.

Screw all you baseball Non S. F. Giants Fans.

The S. F. Dirty Dozen is going to the World Series.

WorldTravel69
11-04-10, 20:48
Just rubbing it in.

100 more days to training camp.

In Case you Missed it.

The San Francisco Giants.

Here are a couple reminders.

El Perro
11-26-10, 21:15
Nick the Dick gets fucked after being up 24-0. You gotta love it.

El Perro
01-11-11, 10:26
Congrats to Auburn University for winning the national championship. War Eagle!

El Perro
05-21-11, 18:12
And now for something completely different, I. E. Not a post about how much a chica is selling her ass for, and who really gives a shit.

Here is a link to an article about the most famous argentine in the world, not counting Maradona, and probably more famous than Maradona some day in the future.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/05/22/sports/soccer/lionel-messi-boy-genius.html?hp

WorldTravel69
06-17-11, 16:55
The draw for the Fifa Under-20 World Cup finals in Colombia has been made and England have been drawn with old enemies Argentina.

The Argentines have a formidable record at this level, having taken the trophy five out of the last eight times. England have never made the final with their best previous showing coming in 1993 when they finished third in Australia. Brian Eastick's side have also been drawn alongside Mexico and North Korea in what looks a tough grouping. Eastick's men will begin their campaign against North Korea in Medellin on 29th July, before taking on Argentina on 1st August and then finishing the group fixtures against Mexico on 4th August. A number of stars who have already been in England's senior squad, such as Jack Wilshere, Jack Rodwell, Chris Smalling, Kyle Walker, Jordan Henderson and Danny Welbeck, would all be eligible to play but it remains to be seen if the Football Association will press for their inclusion with the tournament coming just a couple of weeks ahead of the new Premier League season.

7 games will be held in Medellin including one of the semi-finals. For the complete match schedule, follow this link to the official website:

http://www.fifa.com/mm/document/tournament/competition/01/34/54/83/fu20wc2011_matchschedule_en_25032011.pdf

Rev BS
06-18-11, 09:01
The draw for the Fifa Under-20 World Cup finals in Colombia has been made and England have been drawn with old enemies Argentina.

The Argentines have a formidable record at this level, having taken the trophy five out of the last eight times. England have never made the final with their best previous showing coming in 1993 when they finished third in Australia. Brian Eastick's side have also been drawn alongside Mexico and North Korea in what looks a tough grouping. Eastick's men will begin their campaign against North Korea in Medellin on 29th July, before taking on Argentina on 1st August and then finishing the group fixtures against Mexico on 4th August. A number of stars who have already been in England's senior squad, such as Jack Wilshere, Jack Rodwell, Chris Smalling, Kyle Walker, Jordan Henderson and Danny Welbeck, would all be eligible to play but it remains to be seen if the Football Association will press for their inclusion with the tournament coming just a couple of weeks ahead of the new Premier League season.

7 games will be held in Medellin including one of the semi-finals. For the complete match schedule, follow this link to the official website:

http://www.fifa.com/mm/document/tournament/competition/01/34/54/83/fu20wc2011_matchschedule_en_25032011.pdf

Soccer and chicas, that is one fine doubleheader. I don't know how I miss the listing. I knew about Copa America in Argentina coming up. In any case, I am going to Korea for the World Track & Field Championship in late August, so there was going to be a conflict.

Flexible Horn
06-27-11, 02:47
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-13922463

I enjoy watching football, have seen a dozen matches in Argentina and have all ways wanted to see the super clasico. 2 seasons ago I was quoted $400 us for a seat at Boca.

The ticket touts must be crying into their Quilmes beers with River plate being relegated into division B the 1st time in their history I believe

El Perro
06-27-11, 11:27
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-13922463

I enjoy watching football, have seen a dozen matches in Argentina and have all ways wanted to see the super clasico. 2 seasons ago I was quoted $400 us for a seat at Boca.

The ticket touts must be crying into their Quilmes beers with River plate being relegated into division B the 1st time in their history I believeYes sir, first time River has ever been relegated. Now, only two first division teams have avoided the fall-Boca and Independiente. And you got it right, the absence of the superclasico (not to mention the meeting River and Boca have during the "summer season") will cost alot of people alot of money. River has been mismanaged for years and their "gang" has been pampered by the club to the point where the gang was even receiving money when a player was sold to a club in Europe. Chickens home to roost and all that. Being a Boca supporter I say-Good riddance!

Lefeu
06-28-11, 04:17
Yes sir, first time River has ever been relegated. Now, only two first division teams have avoided the fall-Boca and Independiente. And you got it right, the absence of the superclasico (not to mention the meeting River and Boca have during the "summer season") will cost alot of people alot of money. River has been mismanaged for years and their "gang" has been pampered by the club to the point where the gang was even receiving money when a player was sold to a club in Europe. Chickens home to roost and all that. Being a Boca supporter I say-Good riddance!The last time I was in BA, I arrived on a Sunday and left on the following Sunday. I did manage to spend an afternoon visiting la Bonbonera and that was awesome! Thanks to a local Argentinian fellow whom we met on the plane. He drove us in his personal car all over BA and managed to get us inside the stadium. He was happy to do that and did not want any compensation. That was just terrific and we were very thankful.

I would love to watch a game on my next visit. Can anyone tell me what's the best way to get tickets to a game? Any 1st division game. Our host told us that there were 4 or 5 1st division teams in BA. Thanks!

Lueck Hoff
06-28-11, 07:25
One option is to go to the stadium with a company. They buy tickets upfront and will bring you to the stadium by bus, bring you to your seat with a guide and will bring you back to your appartment or hotel after the game. Very easy, but expensive. Flyers of these companies can be found at the more upper class hotels.

If you are more experienced and speak a little spanish, it would be much cheaper to go to the bombonera a few days before the game and buy a ticket there. Ask for " media plata ", that is the best. I always talked with taxi drivers about football on my last trip and so it was not a problem to find a fan of " boca " : He drove me to the small boxes at the stadium where the tickets are sold and waited until everything was managed. The price for a very good seat had been 25 Dollars two years ago.

Lueck Hof

Lefeu
06-30-11, 03:30
One option is to go to the stadium with a company.They buy tickets upfront and will bring you to the stadium by bus, bring you to your seat with a guide and will bring you back to your appartment or hotel after the game.Very easy, but expensive.Flyers of these companies can be found at the more upper class hotels.

If you are more experienced and speak a little spanish, it would be much cheaper to go to the bombonera a few days before the game and buy a ticket there.Ask for " media plata ", that is the best.I always talked with taxi drivers about football on my last trip and so it was not a problem to find a fan of " boca " : He drove me to the small boxes at the stadium where the tickets are sold and waited until everything was managed.The price for a very good seat had been 25 Dollars two years ago.

Lueck HofSomehow, when I visited the stadium last time, our host implied that Boca Junior's games are always sold out. You are saying that there are tickets available a couple of days before the game. That's great! I just hope they don't sell me a seat in the middle of the visiting fans.

Flexible Horn
07-01-11, 07:11
Somehow, when I visited the stadium last time, our host implied that Boca Junior's games are always sold out.You are saying that there are tickets available a couple of days before the game.That's great! I just hope they don't sell me a seat in the middle of the visiting fans.The major football tour company's buy season tickets. One guy told me the Boca v river match paid for the season ticket all the other matches where profit.

If you want to see Boca play one of the lesser teams it is possible to buy a ticket from the stadium a week or so prior to the match. They have a seating map just buy a seat on sideline. They won't sell you a ticket for the away supporters as these are only sold by the visiting club

Gato Hunter
07-01-11, 21:43
How is that going to work now that River has been relegated out of the primera?

I went to a Boca game with a tour company at La Bombanenra, it was a great experience.

Rev BS
07-15-11, 05:18
Well, now that Argentina have their usual slow start and just make through the next round, they should gon on and win the toournament. Unfortunately, waiting for them is their hated neighbor and rival, Uruguay, who has a really good team. Get ready for a great game.

El Perro
07-15-11, 10:30
Well, now that Argentina have their usual slow start and just make through the next round, they should gon on and win the toournament. Unfortunately, waiting for them is their hated neighbor and rival, Uruguay, who has a really good team. Get ready for a great game.I wouldn't bet the ranch on Argentina winning the Copa. Their relatively new coach, Sergio Batista, is arguably worse than Maradona, and their two starting central defenders are poor (Burdisso and the awful Gabriel Milito). In addition, Batista has stubbornly refused to add the most creative midfielder he has, Javier Pastore, to the starting lineup. The result is that Lionel Messi is expected to do damn near everything for the attack. Stop Messi and you stop Argentina. The only match Argentina has won so far was against a Costa Rica squad consisting of under 23 years of age players.

So, be careful about betting on Argentina.

Rev BS
07-16-11, 23:18
Argentina, with an array of the world's most potent firepower, Messi, Pastore, Tevez, Higuain, Aguero, Di Maria could only muster 1 goal in 120 minutes. And against 10 men Uruguay for most of the match. Alot of men in Argentina is going to be impotent for awhile. You guys who are there better take advantage of the situation.

Master J
07-16-11, 23:31
Enjoyable game to watch. Looked like the Argentinian goalie was shell shocked after the first goal. Messi and Forlan seemed to be top notch players playing at a higher level. Wonder if this improves business at the privados or worsens it? D calls it again. Spot on

Rev BS
07-17-11, 21:51
It was destiny as Japan somehow contrived a goal out of nowhere to tied the game in extra time. The US stunned, or did not practice penalty kicks, could not deliver and watch Japan take the cup.

Then Brazil was sent packing home by Paraguay. What a night of football.

TejanoLibre
07-17-11, 23:08
It was destiny as Japan somehow contrived a goal out of nowhere to tied the game in extra time. The US stunned, or did not practice penalty kicks, could not deliver and watch Japan take the cup.

Then Brazil was sent packing home by Paraguay. What a night of football.Fuck the Brazilians!

Great game although Brazil was on the offensive the entire game!

Paraguayan golie was awesome!

What this means :

"Hey, were ALL going to get laid!" (from Caddy Shack)

The Paraguayan Chicas are going to be FREE for the next few days!

TL

Rev BS
09-07-12, 22:23
Sven-goran Ericksson, most famous as the former England manager in the 90s, signed a contract as technical director of Thai football club BEC Tero Sasana. Not as successful as most of his employers had hoped for, he nevertherless was able to continously take top jobs with Mexico, Manchester City and other clubs. However, his reptutation as a ladies' man with a love for the good life was never threaten. Cool, charming, suave, and debonair, he could have been James Bond but you could never imagine him packing a gun or having a killer instinct. There was report that claim him say many years ago, that he would like to live in Thailand with 2 beautiful women at the end of his career. For me, I am stuck with ogling the women going to work in the morning while sipping my 30 cents coffee at the roadside coffee joint.

Less you snicker, he has always been able to get paid very well despite his mediocre results. The money in football all over the world have risen to giant proportions, Thai football is no exception. Thailand's previous national coaches, Peter Reid and Bryan Robson were paid half a million pounds plus perks yearly. Even if I live to be 100, there would be money left over from just 1 year's pay. How many orbits are there flying around the planet?

Rev BS
09-22-12, 03:41
Diego Maradona will be a father, officially for the 5th time. Drugs, weight loss, alchohol, self abuse, he still can get it up. I will give it a try next week.

Rev BS
10-01-12, 05:57
DRIVE FOR SHOW, PUTT FOR DOUGH!

I know all of you had your faces buried in pussies, so had no time to watch the final day. Well, it was "High Noon" as the gunslingers went hole to hole. Mikkelson was at his best, but that was still not good enough, as the new fastest gun in the west, Justin Rose was cool & calm and he buried Mikkelson at the 18th hole. The Europeans, inspired, never look back even though the win was by the narrowest of margins.

They play best of 7, Americans win.

Maybe, the Spanish will not riot for a few days. I know the Greeks don't give a shit.

Rev BS
02-01-13, 09:02
Well, is that time of the year. No, I am not talking about taxes.

Given that the World Series is now playing in late October, if not November. And NBA into May / almost June, I was thinking why the Superbowl cannot be made into a best of 7 series. With the added intrigue of 2 opposing brother coaches, east coast vs west coast, etc, the money to be made is mindbloggering.

I think there is definitely a decline in American corporate ingenuity. I wish I was just a little younger (sigh).

Daddy Rulz
02-01-13, 12:51
Well, is that time of the year. No, I am not talking about taxes.

Given that the World Series is now playing in late October, if not November. And NBA into May / almost June, I was thinking why the Superbowl cannot be made into a best of 7 series. With the added intrigue of 2 opposing brother coaches, east coast vs west coast, etc, the money to be made is mindbloggering.

I think there is definitely a decline in American corporate ingenuity. I wish I was just a little younger (sigh).The way those guys hit they really do need a week between games so the series could potentially take two months to play. The whole regular season is only 16 games, if they went all 7 plus the playoffs that would extend their season by over 50%.

Don't get me wrong, I would enjoy seeing it if the Steelers were playing, I just think they would all be near dead by the end.

El Perro
02-01-13, 13:56
The way those guys hit they really do need a week between games so the series could potentially take two months to play. The whole regular season is only 16 games, if they went all 7 plus the playoffs that would extend their season by over 50.

Don't get me wrong, I would enjoy seeing it if the Steelers were playing, I just think they would all be near dead by the end.But corporate America would be orgasmic. A few more injuries, maybe even some deaths, but hey, sometimes that's the price that must be paid to keep our country safe, prosperous and adequately entertained.

But to diverge a bit, this time of year never fails to remind me of the quote from Cowboy's running back Duane Thomas before the 1972 Super Bowl. Thomas was his usual laid back, nonchalant self, and was reminded by a journalist that the Super Bowl was the "ultimate game". Thomas rejoined, "If its the ultimate game, how come there's another one next year?";)

Daddy Rulz
02-04-13, 07:05
Thanks everybody who came out, good times.

God Damn them vittles was good!

What are we going to do on Sundays now? Nascar?

Rev BS
03-15-13, 23:48
Good vibes continued for Argentina, Juan Del Potro put "Bad Boy" Murray out of the ATP Masters in Indian Wells, California. Since winning the US Open in 2009, Del Potro has suffer a long journey from injuries to come back to being a top 10 player. In the last year, he played well but could not get past to the top 4 of Djokovic, Federer, Murray & Nadal. It's been fun following his career, because Del Potro has a beautiful game, combining the power of a big man with the finesse & rallying ability of a smaller player. Early in his career, his scrawny tall frame earned him the nickname of "the twig". No longer, he has filled out and together with maturity, he has the game to go all the way to #1. His calm demeanor & good sportsmanship has won him alot of fans and he also very popular among his peers.

With some suerte, I predict him winning a Grand Slam event in 2013. A worthy successor to the likes of Vilas and Nalbadian.

El Perro
03-16-13, 05:35
Let it be so! A great guy is Delpo, and a Boca Juniors fan. My fav tennis pro and I hope he can reach his immense potential.

Good vibes continued for Argentina, Juan Del Potro put "Bad Boy" Murray out of the ATP Masters in Indian Wells, California. Since winning the US Open in 2009, Del Potro has suffer a long journey from injuries to come back to being a top 10 player. In the last year, he played well but could not get past to the top 4 of Djokovic, Federer, Murray & Nadal. It's been fun following his career, because Del Potro has a beautiful game, combining the power of a big man with the finesse & rallying ability of a smaller player. Early in his career, his scrawny tall frame earned him the nickname of "the twig". No longer, he has filled out and together with maturity, he has the game to go all the way to #1. His calm demeanor & good sportsmanship has won him alot of fans and he also very popular among his peers.

With some suerte, I predict him winning a Grand Slam event in 2013. A worthy successor to the likes of Vilas and Nalbadian.

Rev BS
03-16-13, 23:43
Another giant step as Del Potro beats #1 Novak Djokovic in 3 sets in the semi finals of the ATP Masters in Indian Wells. His composure in the closing games was just mesmerizing as Djokovic never folds. Now, he not only have to fight fatigue, but he faces Raphael Nadal, a superb never-say-die fighter. Del Potro's serves have to be on, and it will take all his mental & physical willpower to win. It is a daunting task, but I think it is his time and the perfect opponent for him to make the statement. Nadal is my favorite player so I am just pulling for a great match for the fans. Can't wait.

Rev BS
03-17-13, 22:10
I wish I could say that Del Potro won, but it was not to be. But Nadal was stretched to the limit as he withstood the ferocious & on-form Del Potro. Leading 1 set and 3-1 in the second set, Del Potro look like he was on his way to victory. Then, the fatigue of the last 2 matches, and the exhausting work he had to do in the 1st set caught up with him. Finally, there was Nadal, who is unbeatable if he is healthy. On any other day, especially against anybody else, Del Potro would have been the victor. But if nothing else, we now know that Del Potro is back and ready to so something significant, and to inspire all Argentinians, as well as all tennis fans.

Nadal was more emotional than usual after the last shot, he has had a long journey from injuries and he has been sitting out much more than in the past. I think he was estactic that physically, all cylinders were running. It was a mouth.watering final, the kind that make you put on your shoes and pick up your racquet immediately and go out to play.

TejanoLibre
04-08-13, 22:33
Went to see a Boca soccer game last night at the Boca stadium on the spur of the moment after we found a scalper selling tickets on Lavalle around 3 pm Sunday for the 8 pm Sunday night game.

The guy with the tickets has a sport's jersey cave on Lavalle so we just casually asked him if he could get us a few tickets and he found them in 20 minutes.

$500.00 pesos 2nd row.

2nd. Row From The Top!

My nose is still bleeding but the seats were great and the atmosphere was exciting since it was my first time at a Boca game. The son of the scalper lead us to the stadium in another cab so getting there was easy but he asked us NOT to speak English very loudly once we were in the crowd.

When the game was over we walked over to Caminito on the waterfront where all the multi-colored houses and bars are but everything was closed so we waited at the bus stop for a bus or a cab or whatever came first.

What came first were the buses full of the visitor's Hooligans with Police escorts, 2 cops per motorcycle with the cop on back slinging a shotgun! A Swat Van and a shitload of officers hanging around the place. Grabbed the first cab that had enough courage to drive by and we went to Excedra.

Excedra, ended up with about 6 other boys from the board and the Chicas just kept arriving until we walked over to Catto's after midnight. This was Sunday night and the girls did not meet my requirements but somebody fucks them!

Start coming to Excedra like before and the Chicas will follow!

TL.

P.S. We did not even try to find a better deal on tickets but I'm sure you can. He did offer excellent seats for 700 p.

Then again this was NOT Boca vs. River! Those start at 2000 p.

Rev BS
04-14-13, 02:02
I know for most of you, your focus is concentrated on the 6 in. putter between your legs. And for most of the day, you are dead to the rest of the world. But Angel Cabrera of Argentina is leading the board at the Masters coming into the last day. If he wins, it will be his 2nd Masters, and Argentina can forget about the Falklands for another day.

Rev BS
04-14-13, 22:14
As Angel Cabrera did all he could do to win the 2013 Masters. But it was not to be as Jason Scott withstood every challenge in a pressure-packed play-off to emerge a worthy & deserving champion of the truest kind. What a tournament, what a last day! Cabrera had won in 2009, and so the loss was less devastating, and the way he played, he knew he was a champion. And the young gun from Australia who had been ready and waiting in the wings finally had his day.

Exon123
04-15-13, 16:37
Angel Cabrera missed that putt by a hair Damn it.

Exon

Rev BS
04-17-13, 11:40
We keep cursing and crying about jobs lost in the United States in the aftermath of the housing & banking collapse. Well, many of these jobs are never coming back. There are many reasons of course, but none more compelling than the fact that the rest of the world can now compete with us in all fields.

Looking at the final scoreboard, only 2 Americans showed up in the top 10. This in a tournament that from 1946-1988, had only seen 3 foreign winners. Our dominance still show as 9 of the top 20 were Americans. But that 2nd tier showing also speaks volumes.

I advocate for the NBA All Star Game, USA vs the Rest of the World. Screw the East / West shit. Same for Baseball, Ice Hockey or American Football. OK, I went overboard on the latter.

Disclaimer: Not scientific, and definitely showing my own views and biases.

Rev BS
06-07-13, 14:53
It is my contention that Nadal when 100% physically, is unbeatable. His mental ferociousness and his ability to run down winning shots and then turn them into winners has to be seen to be believe. Djokovic, who is #1 is just as mentally tough, and posess better groundstrokes and serves than Nadal. But it was buisness as usual as these 2 gladiators fought it out in the semi-finals of the French Open. For the fans, this was the final. The match had everything, Nadal was actually cruising as he serve for the match on the 4rd set. But wait, Djokovc clawed back to win, and then was leading 4-2 in the final fifth set. Even an ardent fan of Nadal like me was thinking, "Nadal has had alot injuries, he really is not quite the same anymore". But behold, you faithless and weak of hearts, the hero Nadal wrote the script again. 9-7 Nadal in the fifth set.

A miracle? Not really. And tomorrow when I go to the courts, I will be Nadal. Even if it is just for a few minutes, at least I will have his scowl.

Rev BS
06-19-13, 21:13
The power boys of Miami or the senior citizens of San Antonio? Sheer power & athleticism of Miami vs the sleight-of-hand & experience of San Antonio. And then, of course, the American homeboys vs the International All-Stars. More than half of Spurs' roster could be illegal immigrants but for basketball. Even Duncan is from the Bahamas, I believe. The coaches should be on opposite benches, Spoestra being of Dutch / Filipino ancestry. Wait, maybe not, Popovich, direct descendents of Slavic heritage.

Only in America, man. What a great country. Only winners, no losers here.

Yujin
06-19-13, 22:33
no losers here.The losers in Game 6 were the Miami Heat fans who left the arena before the end of the 4th quarter and were not allowed back inside when the game went into overtime. Game 6 will probably be remembered as one the classic championship games in NBA history. I wonder if anyone is going to admit that they were one of the idiots who left early.

El Perro
06-20-13, 01:11
The losers in Game 6 were the Miami Heat fans who left the arena before the end of the 4th quarter and were not allowed back inside when the game went into overtime. Game 6 will probably be remembered as one the classic championship games in NBA history. I wonder if anyone is going to admit that they were one of the idiots who left early.I'm a Heat fan, but they do have some dilettante fans. They go there to be seen and then head off to South Beach or the downtown Miami scene, to party. A little like Chavez Ravine back in the day.

El Perro
06-21-13, 08:40
Congrats the Miami Heat! Another show from LeBron to be remembered. And a classy loser is San Antonio, great players and a great coach. Both teams starting to get old in the tooth, particularly the Spurs. Miami will have to make some off season moves to continue the dynasty. A big man would be nice, and Wade's bad knees are an issue.

Rev BS
07-03-13, 12:52
I wish I could say that Del Potro won, but it was not to be. But Nadal was stretched to the limit as he withstood the ferocious & on-form Del Potro. Leading 1 set and 3-1 in the second set, Del Potro look like he was on his way to victory. Then, the fatigue of the last 2 matches, and the exhausting work he had to do in the 1st set caught up with him. Finally, there was Nadal, who is unbeatable if he is healthy. On any other day, especially against anybody else, Del Potro would have been the victor. But if nothing else, we now know that Del Potro is back and ready to so something significant, and to inspire all Argentinians, as well as all tennis fans.

Nadal was more emotional than usual after the last shot, he has had a long journey from injuries and he has been sitting out much more than in the past. I think he was estactic that physically, all cylinders were running. It was a mouth.watering final, the kind that make you put on your shoes and pick up your racquet immediately and go out to play.And so 3 months later, as stated, we can report that Del Potro is on the verge of winning his 2nd Grand Slam, Wimbledon. He demolished the stubborn Spanish terrier, David Ferrer in the quarter finals. But look who is his next opponent is, none other than #1, Djokovic. Del Potro needs to play another perfect game, especially his serve has to be on & huge. It is going to be a battle royale. Don't miss it.

Rev BS
07-05-13, 15:11
The match lived up to it's billing. A heavyweight match, the two combatants went into the final fifth set, staggering at times from exhaustion. Del Potro obviously more tired, had to rescue himself from being knock-out several times. Somebody had to lose. And Djokovic showed why he is #1.

It was match for the ages, the quality and shot-making were magnificent. Both men gave everything they had, and more. Del Potro can stand tall, he showed that he has the ability & heart to stand with the best. His body will not allow him to be #1 but Argentina has a very special tennis player. But more so than his tennis ability, he is so beloved by tennis fans & players because he is humble and a true gentleman.

Tres3
07-05-13, 18:32
... he is so beloved by tennis fans & players because he is humble and a true gentleman.Are you sure he is an Argentine?

Tres3.

Rev BS
07-05-13, 20:18
Are you sure he is an Argentine?

Tres3.

Ouch!

I really believed that had Del Potro serve just a little better, he would have won. Which he was capable but did not.

DavieW
07-05-13, 23:56
I really believed that had Del Potro serve just a little better, he would have won. Which he was capable but did not.Yeah, he just ran out of steam at the end. Epic match.

Shame. Would have liked to have seen an Arg v Brit final. ;-)

Rev BS
07-07-13, 11:15
Yeah, he just ran out of steam at the end. Epic match.

Shame. Would have liked to have seen an Arg v Brit final. ;-)They could have play for the Falklands, too.

Rev BS
08-04-13, 23:55
Is Alex Rodriquez an American hero, or what? Should he be allowed to keep all those millions of dollars that he conned from the American public?

I don't see him killing himself because he is ashamed, do you? He probably see himself as a victim.

El Perro
08-05-13, 03:43
Is Alex Rodriquez an American hero, or what? Should he be allowed to keep all those millions of dollars that he conned from the American public?

I don't see him killing himself because he is ashamed, do you? He probably see himself as a victim.He's always been a pretty weird dude. I used to hear stories about him from people who knew him as a kid in Miami. Interesting article about him in today's NYTimes. Apparently he was never the same after his old man vanished when Rodriguez was 10 years old. That'll fuck you up some.

Tres3
08-06-13, 11:33
My dos centavos is that A-Rod and all the other PED using professional athletes should receive the Lance Armstrong treatment. They should be banned for life. Their performance may be entertaining to adults, but it is a terrible role model for kids.

Tres3.

Rev BS
08-15-13, 07:00
This last few weeks have been tremendous for sports lovers. No, not American football, baseball, basketball, or even ice hockey. These are world events, where every continent is represented.

We had Men's Volleyball World League Finals down in Mar del Plata where Russia dominated the action and took out Brazil in the finals. Not a pip from you guys down there. You had your noses buried in pussies all day long? More like too much beer, eh! Then we had the World Swimming Champinship in Barcelona where the US dominated the action with 13 gold medals. Missy Franklin with 5 golds, the star of the show. And right now, the World Track & Field World Championship is going on in Moscow. Superb action, US a traditional power.

Nick Symonds got a silver in the men's 800 metres, a race that is own by the Morrocans & Kenyans. A great achievement in a sport where globalization is really highlighted, but an event the US was dominant for many decades after World War II. I mentioned his race because it is my favorite race, these days, it is really a semi sprint.

Then, the World Badminton Champinship in Guangzhou. The highlight was 18 year Thai Ratchanok Inthanon who broke the Chinese domination in the women's singles.

Ok, I see you Flintstone guys starting to look bored, go back to Wilma and your cigars & whiskey.

WorldTravel69
09-03-13, 22:07
Here is the link for Youtube's Youth America's Cup.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHwt_ESQ6cI

WorldTravel69
09-03-13, 23:23
There will be 8 races. This is races 3 and 4.

I was wrong, it is Red Bulls' Youth Races on Youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtECmXpQjTM

WorldTravel69
09-04-13, 11:41
Here are races 5 and 6. These are 45 foot boats and do not foil like the 72's.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNTlrNuCbh0

WorldTravel69
09-05-13, 12:33
Here is the last two races.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_AlC7OU9mY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3h2o3--uOA8

These boats stay in the water. The 72's in the America's Cup come out of the water.

Their speeds will get up to 50 MPH.

The boats are 72 feet long and 13 stories high.

Here is some photos of them.

The Cup races starts on Saturday.

USA cheated so they are down 2 races, with 15 to go. It was to be the best of 17.

P.S.:

Jackson, how come we are not allowed to edit these posts?

Rev BS
09-09-13, 22:52
Rafael Nadal overcame the toughest field in history (maybe) to win the US Open, overcoming Djokovic who has been dominant the last 2 years. It seem that Djokovic had overcome some jitters to tie at 1-1 and was looking very strong in the 3rd set. Nadal had been scrambling to be be at 4-4 when he just mentally took over, and then cruise home in the 4th set. It's true that Djokovic has been showing some self-doubt coming into the tournament but it was disappointing that he faded so bad.

I have had many arguments as to who is the best player the since the Federer era. There are many Federer loyalists, and Djokovic has convince that he is a Machine. It is true that Federer has all the record numbers, but it was made possible because of Nadal's injuries that curtail his participation and his form for almost 2 years. Prior to that, Nadal had dominated Federer head to head. But it was known that Nadal's style of play would lead to more injuries than Federer.

It was a great US Open.

Tres3
09-09-13, 23:38
It was a great US Open.It was a FANTASTIC finals. I cannot remember seeing tennis played like this since Nadal beat Federer in the Wimbeldon finals. The third set was unbelievable. It is too bad that someone has to lose.

Tres3.

El Perro
09-10-13, 02:11
Rafael Nadal overcame the toughest field in history (maybe) to win the US Open, overcoming Djokovic who has been dominant the last 2 years. It seem that Djokovic had overcome some jitters to tie at 1-1 and was looking very strong in the 3rd set. Nadal had been scrambling to be be at 4-4 when he just mentally took over, and then cruise home in the 4th set. It's true that Djokovic has been showing some self-doubt coming into the tournament but it was disappointing that he faded so bad.

I have had many arguments as to who is the best player the since the Federer era. There are many Federer loyalists, and Djokovic has convince that he is a Machine. It is true that Federer has all the record numbers, but it was made possible because of Nadal's injuries that curtail his participation and his form for almost 2 years. Prior to that, Nadal had dominated Federer head to head. But it was known that Nadal's style of play would lead to more injuries than Federer.

It was a great US Open.Remember the days when so many talking heads said Nadal would never win a slam if it wasn't on clay?;)

Rev BS
09-10-13, 04:58
Remember the days when so many talking heads said Nadal would never win a slam if it wasn't on clay?;)Unlike the majestic Federer, whose style and shots seem so imperious, Nadal came across like a good looking gypsy and nothing more than a scrambler. But the speed, and that mental toughness! WOW!

WorldTravel69
09-15-13, 13:02
It looks like it is going to be New Zealand's Cup.

Rich kid Larry Ellison can't put enough money into this boat to win.

But New Zealand's boat is funded but the people, so I guess I like them better.

They have sailed the best so far, except this race where they almost capsized.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M11shiFtGO0

WorldTravel69
09-24-13, 12:44
The races are getting really great.

USA was down 8-1. New Zealand needs one win to take the cup.

USA has come back to make it 8-6.

Two more races are scheduled today on NBCSC, 1:15 pm Pacific Time.

You can watch all the races on YouTube. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmSkj0T1sLQ the next day.

WorldTravel69
09-25-13, 12:30
What a day in sailing.

USA got off the starting line first and did not look back to win the first race.

I thought the USA was going to lose the second race. New Zealand was first off the starting line, and first at the first mark and second mark.

But no one has pasted and ran away with the race. The US heading up wind pasted New Zealand and sailed away.

https://www.youtube.com/user/AmericasCup

It is all tied up at 8-8, with the final race today at 1 pm Pacific time. NBCSN.

Tres3
09-25-13, 13:05
What a day in sailing.

USA got off the starting line first and did not look back to win the first race.

I thought the USA was going to lose the second race. New Zealand was first off the starting line, and first at the first mark and second mark.

But no one has pasted and ran away with the race. The US heading up wind pasted New Zealand and sailed away.

https://www.youtube.com/user/AmericasCup

It is all tied up at 8-8, with the final race today at 1 pm Pacific time. NBCSN.Even if the American team dos not win the final race, I believe that their comeback from being.2 because of the penalty has to be one of the greatest come-from-behind stories in any sport, ever. I have been racing sailboats for over 50 years, and I do not fully understand the penalty. They were sailing different boats in a different program. Why were the finals in different boats penalized for cheating during what was billed as a "warm up"? If someone can explain that to me, I would certainly appreciate it.

Tres3.

Tres3
09-26-13, 10:19
No matter what you may think about Larry Ellison, Team Oracle scored one of the greatest comebacks in the history of ANY sport by winning the final race of the America's Cup. It is amazing.

Tres3.

DavieW
09-26-13, 10:48
No matter what you may think about Larry Ellison, Team Oracle scored one of the greatest comebacks in the history of ANY sport by winning the final race of the America's Cup. It is amazing.

Tres3.I didn't see any of it and I'm not particularly interested in sailing, but just reading your brief updates here makes me wish I had!

Time to get torrenting I reckon...

Jackson
09-26-13, 15:12

Tres3.I followed the entire event.

Absolutely one of sport's greatest comebacks, especially considering they started the races with a 2 point penalty.

Unfortunately, it will go unnoticed by most of the world.

Jax.

WorldTravel69
09-26-13, 15:25
Here is the final race.

http://www.youtube.com/user/AmericasCup

Daddy Rulz
09-26-13, 15:39
I followed the entire event.

Absolutely one of sport's greatest comebacks, especially considering they started the races with a 2 point penalty.

Jax.I'm sure the old money New York sailing crowd is up in arms but I thought these new boats were amazing and really fun to watch. I found the idea that they are so fast that they are constantly beating (due to apparent wind) regardless of their direction of travel pretty fucking cool. Though I do miss the sail changes and seeing those spinnakers pop on the downwind legs.

Great job by the whole team.

Flexible Horn
09-30-13, 18:49
I followed the entire event.

Jax.We noticed it here because as soon as the ENGLISH guy came on board and showed you what you was doing wrong. You started winning.

Daddy Rulz
09-30-13, 21:15
We noticed it here because as soon as the ENGLISH guy came on board and showed you what you was doing wrong. You started winning.I guess it would be bad form for her to join in. What would she sing after all? God save me? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7YnOpOhu3c.

Flexible Horn
10-01-13, 03:32
I guess it would be bad form for her to join in. What would she sing after all? God save me? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7YnOpOhu3c.The lyrics are about the Queen: God save our gracious Queen. Long live our noble Queen. God Save the Queen. Etc. Therefore, everyone singing the British National Anthem are singing about the Queen and the hope that God will look out for her and save her and the country. Therefore, it seems appropriate that she not sing about herself. When Charles becomes King, the lyrics will change to God save the King.

Daddy Rulz
10-01-13, 06:10
The lyrics are about the Queen: God save our gracious Queen. Long live our noble Queen. God Save the Queen. Etc. Therefore, everyone singing the British National Anthem are singing about the Queen and the hope that God will look out for her and save her and the country. Therefore, it seems appropriate that she not sing about herself. When Charles becomes King, the lyrics will change to God save the King.I had just never thought about it until I saw everybody singing and her not. Not having grown up with a Sovereign but rather growing up in a sovereign country where even the Pres sings the national anthem it just seemed a little odd until I figured it out.

We kind of have the same thing with Hail to the Chief, but nobody ever sings it.

El Perro
10-13-13, 04:04
How about that Del Potro! Dominated Nadal yesterday with an astonishing display of power and control. Reminiscent of his US Open victory against Federer, though even better. Against Federer Delpo hit out on everything and they all stayed in the court, against Nadal he controlled the points and rarely gave Nadal any hope.

If Delpo can get more consistency in his game and stay healthy he could vie for the top spot.

Waddaya say Black Shirt?

Rev BS
10-13-13, 05:07
How about that Del Potro! Dominated Nadal yesterday with an astonishing display of power and control. Reminiscent of his US Open victory against Federer, though even better. Against Federer Delpo hit out on everything and they all stayed in the court, against Nadal he controlled the points and rarely gave Nadal any hope.

If Delpo can get more consistency in his game and stay healthy he could vie for the top spot.

Waddaya say Black Shirt?We knew it was there, but to see it was like winning the lottery. Shot after shot, Nadal did not know what the hell was going on. He hoped that it was a passing storm, alas, the deluge did not end until the match came to an end. Nadal was still quite fresh, really, he never was allow to do his thing, Del Potro's shots so overwhelm him.

Can Del Potro do it again. He has to, for today, none other that the relentless Djokovic is there to face him. Will give myself a Chao Praya treat if it happens.

Rev BS
12-16-13, 03:45
Sell everything, evacuate to a turkish bath / massage joint.

Baylor won the Big 12 football conference. Beating the still proud, but now impotent Texas Longhorns 30-10 in the season finale. Baylor, who could not even win a quarter most seasons prior to this year is now a conference champion. Mack Brown put on a pretty face, and said that he was resigning. Proving that nothing last forever, and every dog will have its day. Kind of similar to the shit happening in America, I guess.

Kevins
12-22-13, 15:49
Hi I am in recoleta watching nfl in my rented apt... Anyone interested in watching today with me give me a call and come on over, I am near juncal and azcuenaga corner pm me for phone or pm me yous and ill call.

Rev BS
01-21-14, 20:53
No, it's not Roger Federer. It's the other Swiss, Stanislas Wawarinka who came out ahead in a pulsating 5 set marathon, the last set going 9-7. Wawainka has been in the top 20 for quite a few years, rising to a high of #8 in 2013. But of course, he has always been in Federer's shadow. 2013 saw him showing glimpses of breaking into tennis top elite group, he lost twice to Djokovic in 5 setters in Australia and US Opens. And now, the breakthrough and the spotlight. Very possible, a Federer / Wawrinka Australian Open. The Swiss will be in orgasmic tennis heaven.

Wawarinka's rise surprise me but nevertheless, very welcoming. A few years ago, I watched him at the French Open from very close proximity in one of the side courts at Roland Garros. His power is immense, the sound of ball impacting was scary. I thought he was going to break a racquet or the ball. He does not have the elegance and shot artistry of Federer. Wawarinka is just pure industrial strength, his one handed backhand is his signature shot.

Now that Federer is in a slow decline, I think he and Wawarinka will make an effort to lead Switzerland to their first ever Davis Cup. Together, they won the doubles at the Beijing Olympics. So as a team, they should be the favorites for the Davis Cup the next few years.

Rev BS
01-24-14, 02:22
Federer was immense in his win over Murray in the quarter finals. But now his old nemesis, Nadal is back to haunt him in the semi-finals. But is this Nadal, the same Nadal of old? My take is, not quite. So if Federer can conquer his own demons, he has a good chance. He need to gamble, go for winners, not get involve in long rallies that will take a toll on his aging body.

Rev BS
01-25-14, 06:51
In a highly anticipated semi-final between two of the all-time greats, Rafael Nadal easily defeated Roger Federer in 3 straight sets. Physically, Federer just did not have it. The explosiveness was not there, the serve was missing, he was always half a step late, and his flat ground strokes hit the tape time after time. Or was it mentally? Nadal's intensity seem to radiate laser-like beams that seem to wilt Federer by the second. Was he already defeated before he even step onto the court?

I picked Nadal to beat Wawrinka, after all, he 12-0 lifetime. Nadal is my favorite player, but I always enjoy seeing the underdog's dream come true. If Wawrinka plays to his potential, I would be happy to see him win.

Watching the Women's Final now, which is like being at the dentist. Agonizing, usually, nobody wants to win.

Rev BS
01-26-14, 21:44
Did you have any money on the underdog, Wawarinka? I did not. I wanted to enjoy the match. Wawrinka came out with all cylinders going, unfortunately because of injury, Nadal was not. Nadal, the ever great champion and gentleman, hang on to give the fans & Wawrinka a measure of respect to the match. Nevertheless, Wawrinka, because of his scintillating play for two weeks, was a worthy champion.

The anticipation for a heavyweight slugging match did not materialize. Disappointed, but what can you do? It was like a dry fuck, where you are pumping forever, but the surge never comes.

Rev BS
05-20-14, 19:15
http://espn.go.com/golf/story/_/id/10956748/lucy-li-11-becomes-youngest-qualify-us-women-open

I was grade 5, worried about my future! I was already failing arithmetics, something was missing from my DNA. Playing sports was generally frowned upon if not outright prohibited. But I was reading non-stop, so was walking around in dreamland. Yet to come, puberty and masturbation.

I think some of you starting sex around 7?

Rev BS
06-02-14, 22:24
Http: www. Forbes. Com / sites / dandiamond /2014/06/02/ dan-marino-sues-nfl-says-he-was-hurt-by-football-concussions /.

One of the America's storied quaterback icons, Dan Marino sues the NFL for head injuries.

Within the realm of American capitalism, there are many facets to this controversy. Greedy owners, ungrateful players, integrity, personal choices & responsibilities, safety and working conditions, health Insurance, Obama care. Take your pick.

Change, as they say, is a-coming.

Troyster
06-03-14, 13:00
Are we going to see a Brasil v Argentina final? Hope so.

Rev BS
06-03-14, 20:47
Are we going to see a Brasil v Argentina final? Hope so. Chile v Colombia. Or South Korea v Iran. Hope Uruguay goes out the 1st round. Time for a new order. Brazil leadership should self immolate for their disastrous inability to have their stadiums ready. How can they stand there at the Opening Ceremony, have they no shame? Maybe they should be naked along with Blatter & Plantini. Faces of blatant corporate corruption written there.

El Perro
06-03-14, 23:49
Are we going to see a Brasil v Argentina final? Hope so. A definite possibility. Keep in mind that no team from Europe has ever won the WC when played in South America. Plus Spain, Germany, Holland and Italy aren't as strong as four years ago.

Don't listen to 'ol REV. He's pissed that China didn't make the 32.

Rev BS
06-07-14, 00:04
http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/worldcup/world-cup-2014-eduardo-to-sing-both-national-anthems-when-croatia-take-on-brazil-9499862.html

Nice globalization soccer story, Eduardo will sing both Croatian and Brazilian anthems at the World Cup Opening game.

Oh, that's soccer for you American dinosaurs who still do not not know what a cross or inswinger is. But I jest, USA is right in the mix, further asking the perplexing question why AP has no full World Cup discussion going underway. Yes, I know you guys are into the high end of America Cup Sailing with boats that look like space ships, and costs that are national budgets of developing countries. Yes, I know the USA won, but wasn't the crew all Kiwis. Oh, ok, that is globalization, too.

Easy Go
06-07-14, 02:52
Professional soccer is still a second-tier sport in the USA and is likely to remain that way pretty much forever. Most of the interest is in American football (aka real football), basketball, baseball, and hockey, both professional and college. No attention is left for soccer or the other Argentinian favorites of field hockey, rugby, and polo. The only sports where there's much overlap of interest is basketball and tennis but I suspect there are few Argentinians that are more interested in the LNB than soccer and interest in tennis in the US isn't high these days because US players other than the Williams sisters have largely sucked for a number of years. On the board, among Americans, my guess is that the largest group are those that actively dislike soccer. I'm more interested in most and I'd be hard pressed to name more than a couple of players on the USA team.

The USA will need a miracle to advance to the knockout round and could easily fail to win a single point given the teams in Group G. Money is 4-1 against the US moving out of the group stage and 250-1 against winning. That's hardly "in the mix" nor likely to increase interest in the USA. Even the coach says there is no chance to win. That might be motivation but the US is inexperienced and only 1 of 8 defenders has any WC experience. Heat and humidity could be a wild card given that FIFA decided to schedule games in the north to start at noon and 4 pm which sacrifices the quality of the football for increased TV viewership. It's also likely to leave Portugal and Germany a bit more tired than other teams after the group stage and, perhaps, could screw things up enough that the US slips through. But is seems extremely unlikely.

I'm going to assume that you were not serious with your America Cup comment as interest in it is far below even soccer.

Rev BS
06-07-14, 08:22
I'm going to assume that you were not serious with your America Cup comment as interest in it is far below even soccer.I thought from the reaction to America's Cup, all these guys were seasoned sailors, and knew a thing or two about sailing.

Rev BS
06-08-14, 07:47
The maestro himself, El Toro aka Raphael Nadal vs Npvak Djokovic. Wish I was at ringside. Drink alot of water, you will be dehydrated.

Rev BS
06-08-14, 21:12
Well, I have to admit that I did have some doubts about Nadal beating the younger man, Djokovic. Why? Well, his game is built on speed and quickness. You could see that his body is thicker and his legs heavier. And all those injuries, they have to have taken their toll. And of course, there is that Serbian guy, no slouch in the mental toughness himself and possessing the biggest array of deep shots from the baseline. And the first set confirm my assessment. Yet, I did not feel any fulfillment.

Traitor, I should be ashamed of myself. After all, Nadal is the Supreme Emperor of Roland Garros and his reign is not yet finished. There is still room for at least 1 or 2 more clowns. All that determination, you could feel that intensity in the rays that emanated from his end of the court. And Djokovic must have felt their heat, too, as his game slowly but surely unraveled. He put on a brave fight, but it was not the epic showdown that we anticipated.

So what are the odds of Nadal overtaking Federer in Grand Slam crowns? What will the final figure be? That young colt whom I first laid my eyes on in Indian Wells so many moons ago. Little did I realize that was seeing the greatest tennis player of all time.

Tres3
06-09-14, 01:09
Well, I have to admit that I did have some doubts about Nadal beating the younger man, Djokovic. Why? Well, his game is built on speed and quickness. You could see that his body is thicker and his legs heavier. And all those injuries, they have to have taken their toll. And of course, there is that Serbian guy, no slouch in the mental toughness himself and possessing the biggest array of deep shots from the baseline. And the first set confirm my assessment. Yet, I did not feel any fulfillment.

Traitor, I should be ashamed of myself. After all, Nadal is the Supreme Emperor of Roland Garros and his reign is not yet finished. There is still room for at least 1 or 2 more clowns. All that determination, you could feel that intensity in the rays that emanated from his end of the court. And Djokovic must have felt their heat, too, as his game slowly but surely unraveled. He put on a brave fight, but it was not the epic showdown that we anticipated.

So what are the odds of Nadal overtaking Federer in Grand Slam crowns? What will the final figure be? That young colt whom I first laid my eyes on in Indian Wells so many moons ago. Little did I realize that was seeing the greatest tennis player of all time.Nadal is undoubtedly the best ever on clay and I also think the best ever. There will be those who disagree because Federer still has the most Grand Slams, but I base my judgement on the match the two played at Wimbledon several years ago. That was one of the best matches (if not the best) ever played, and Nadal proved that he was not just a clay court phenom, but could play, and beat, the best on any surface.

Tres3.

Rev BS
07-02-14, 09:25
The World Cup has certainly take the spotlight from Wimbledon, but this story is just too good to overlook.

Australian's Nick Kyrgois, the 144th ranked men tennis player upset Rafael Nadal yesterday 7-6, 5-7, 7-6, 6-3. Just over 19 years old, he is the #1 Junior ranking player in the world, and that is why he was able to get into the draw. But this is the 3rd round, he has already beaten 2 other notable players on his way. The Junior singles also started this week, so it remains to be seen whether he will be playing both. If he beats the Canadian Raonic tonight, he will have to make a decision. What a story if he continues and wins both the Senior and Junior Men's Singles! Remember the name or have it tattooed if you are Australian. For your men tennis drought is over and you can reclaim your rightful place in the tennis world.

At 6. 4 ft, he has the long wing span that reminds you of Del Potro, but he is more light footed and moves more fluidly. When you beat Nadal, it means your groundstrokes must be big. Obviously, he serve well, too. Add his calm demeanour, and you can see that he is going to be something special. Australia have been talking about the other young player Tomic for about 3 years, but so far, he has only shown flashes of fulfilling his potential.

It just seems like yesterday that Nadal was the young colt. I still remember him at the same age, bouncing with energy at the coin toss. You just cannot stop the clock and the changes they bring.

Rev BS
07-06-14, 20:50
Yes, I know Djokovic has been #1 before, but I believe he will be dominating for a while after a pulsating unforgettable win at Wimbledon over Roger Federer.

A great final but that damn 4th set! Djokovic serving for the match at 5-3, and 40-15(?), cruising as Federer had been wildly going for broke most of the set. Djokovic got a little careless there, and Federer was quick to take advantage of the disbelieving Djokovic. Federer had served big time throughout the match, and he continued this in the fifth set as the score went to 4-4. It was anybody's match at this juncture. Djokovic serve, and was behind 0-30(?) but came back to make it 5-4. As I sat there awaiting for more thrills, the match was suddenly over as Federer must have run out of gas. Physically, mentally or both?

Federer is so beautiful to watch, his strokes and movement are so natural & fluid. They seem so effortless, and I believe that this is why he has never suffer any long periods away from the game. I watched with joy and amazement at a young Federer many moons ago at Roland Garros before he put it all together mentally, and knew that he had all the shots to be a champion. And yes, he did, and went on to be the greatest champion in tennis.

Rev BS
09-07-14, 10:41
Whilst it has been a magical run between Ferderer & Nadal for the #1 spot, the last few years has seen Djokovic and then Murray joining them in the fight. Tennis fans have never had it so good.

Is a new era emerging? Definitely! Monday will see the men singles final contested by Nishikori of Japan and Cilic of Croatia. They knock out Djokovic and Federer respectively. A coming of age for the eimerging young stars, a passing of the torch you might say. Djokovic is actually still in his prime, and so is Murray. They will be around for a while. And I am sure Nadal will resurrect himself a few more times.

Nishikori was particularly impressive as he outhit both Wawarinka & Djokovic in Sahara heat conditions. Very few people gave him a chance as he had endured two 5 setters prior to Djokovic but it was Djokovic who was wilting in the noon starting match. Yes, TV call the shots. Playing at high noon. Cilic is a very talented player but he had it easy with Federer who simply ran out of gas.

Rev BS
09-10-14, 07:38
The men's tennis singles final at the 2014 US Open was a highly anticipated affair with 2 new virgins to finals of Grand Slam events. But the action prove to be as anti-climatic as my last bedroom adventure. Nishikori was too tight to be able to take full cuts at the ball, the way he had taken out Wawarinka & Djokovic. Cilic was the opposite, cool & unflappable as he serve & hit winners with unassuming ease. Nothing in his prior history indicated that this was coming, but we now have to take him as a serious contender for a top 5 ranking. Nishikori as well. Welcome, boys.

Interesting side note was the 2 coaches, Goran Ivanisevic & Michael Chang who fought each other many times a couple of decades ago. Their style of play were evident in their proteges' action on the court.

Big Boss Man
09-14-14, 12:57
The two states went at it again yesterday. Texas is in the middle of transition with the hiring of a new coach who is getting rid of all the dead wood. UCLA was supposed to win easy. But then UCLA's star quarterback goes down in the 1st quarter. Texas starts blitzing the backup to great effect. UCLA finally adapts but Texas is still front with 3 minutes to go. Then UCLA runs the old Stop-and-Go (yes just like you ran it on the playground) to go ahead. Back up quarterback gets carried off on the teams shoulders at the end of the game. Now that was fun. Best game that I have seen on the college level in a long while.

We get to do as it all over again in 2016 as UCLA plays Texas A&M in 2016 at Reliant. Let's see if UCLA's Mora can recruit. Some of these players were from the old regime.

But in truth even though I am a UCLA alum, USC is the West Coast football brand. USC has the five star recruits. All the other West Coast schools try to do it with three star recruits and it always shows up in the bowl games. We need USC to be good if the West Coast is going to get any recognition. The West Coast usually has good teams but not great teams.

Big Boss Man
09-14-14, 12:58
The two states went at it again yesterday. Texas is in the middle of transition with the hiring of a new coach who is getting rid of all the dead wood. UCLA was supposed to win easy. But then UCLA's star quarterback goes down in the 1st quarter. Texas starts blitzing the backup quarterback to great effect. UCLA finally adapts but Texas is still front with 3 minutes to go. Then UCLA runs the old Stop-and-Go (yes just like you ran it on the playground) to go ahead. Back up quarterback gets carried off on the teams shoulders at the end of the game. Now that was fun. Best game that I have seen on the college level in a long while.

We get to do as it all over again in 2016 as UCLA plays Texas A&M in 2016 at Reliant. Let's see if UCLA's Mora can recruit. Some of these players were from the old regime.

But in truth even though I am a UCLA alum, USC is the West Coast football brand. USC has the five star recruits. All the other West Coast schools try to do it with three star recruits and it always shows up in the bowl games. We need USC to be good if the West Coast is going to get any recognition. The West Coast usually has good teams but not great teams.

Rev BS
09-16-14, 19:57
Well, it is true that they did not play in Austin. So why play in Arlington except for the lure of the dollar? It did not work out.

Texas gets the cream of Texas players, whilst the rest scramble over the spilled milk. But things are changing. Even perennial loser, Baylor is now very respectable in the Big 12. No longer just a Bible and track & field school.

Mack Brown took Texas to the top over a span of about 20 years, but was seeing his legacy tarnished after 3 very un-Texas seasons. Texas tried to show its progressive nature by hiring a black coach, Charlie Strong. Interesting, we shall see. Maybe, another Clarence Thomas?

Yes, Texas and A&M do not play anymore. WTF.

Dccpa
09-16-14, 22:42
Well, it is true that they did not play in Austin. So why play in Arlington except for the lure of the dollar? It did not work out.

Texas gets the cream of Texas players, whilst the rest scramble over the spilled milk. But things are changing. Even perennial loser, Baylor is now very respectable in the Big 12. No longer just a Bible and track & field school.

Mack Brown took Texas to the top over a span of about 20 years, but was seeing his legacy tarnished after 3 very un-Texas seasons. Texas tried to show its progressive nature by hiring a black coach, Charlie Strong. Interesting, we shall see. Maybe, another Clarence Thomas?

Yes, Texas and A&M do not play anymore. WTF.AT&T stadium holds more people, is more prestigious and technically, is a neutral site.

http://www.att.com/gen/press-room?pid=24565&cdvn=news&newsarticleid=36769

Like BBM stated, UT is in the midst of a changeover. Strong is a good coach, but he isn't a schmoozer and the Tea Sippers like their schmoozers. Strong is also a disciplinarian and Brown was not. A&M has been getting its share of the cream of Texas for years and they are doing even better since joining the SEC.

UT doesn't want to play A&M any more because they scared. And no, I am not a fan of A&M, I don't even like them.

Rev BS
09-29-14, 23:47
http://www.theguardian.com/sport/blog/2014/sep/29/phil-mickelson-tom-watson-ryder-cup

In sports, the difference between winning & losing is sometimes just due to whether it is raining or shining. Or which way the wind is blowing. So while disappointed if you lose, you just have to show some class. It is just not your day. And you win & lose as a team. Mikelson did a Rodman. I say that despite Rodman winning many titles, I think you know what I mean.

The rest of the world is winning more in sports because they have caught up, economically and therefore, sporting as well.

The article relate to what happen to what is happening in American politics and culture. Quite funny, and quite true.

WorldTravel69
12-13-14, 14:03
http://yahoo.thepostgame.com/blog/dish/201412/peruvian-soccer-player-survives-after-being-struck-lightning-during-cup-match

Rev BS
01-08-15, 19:09
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/01/06/sports/in-us-boston-los-angeles-washington-and-san-francisco-vie-for-2024-olympic-bid.html

Most Americans that I know react to the Olympics on par with a visit to the dentist. A shrug of the shoulder, who cares? But somehow when the Games gets going, that's all they talk about. That's why NBC agreed to spent $7. 75 billion for the next 6 Olympics up to 2032.

Today, we will know which American city will be chosen to fight for the nomination of host city for 2024 Olympic Games. Los Angeles, Boston, San Fransisco & Washington.. 2 cities from each coast, what happen to Middle America? Maybe, the nomination of American football as one of the competitive sports will elicit more than a yawn from states like Texas or Nebraska.

Well, on a personal level, I am hoping that Los Angeles will get nominated again as it will make it easier for me to attend the games. Watching on TV is very comfortable and you get to see all the sports, but it is nothing like attending the games personally. Bangkok actually can be a great host city. There is no shortage of affordable hotels rooms unlike many cities, and public transportation will be more than ready by 2028. We can only hope.

Rev BS
01-24-15, 00:22
The Australian Open has been going on for a week already, I have not been glued to the tv so far. So it was a shock when I saw the new re-make Serena Williams. A slimmer, lighter Serena. Will she still retain her power & stamina. So far, so good.

El Perro
01-25-15, 22:48
Argentina and Boca Juniors football idol JRR hangs up his boots. A sad day for Argentina futbol fans.

Rev BS
01-26-15, 04:19
Argentina and Boca Juniors football idol JRR hangs up his boots. A sad day for Argentina futbol fans.He was one of the players that could control a game, and make things happen. I always wanted him in Arsenal(Premier League) colors.

Flexible Horn
01-26-15, 18:05
Argentina and Boca Juniors football idol JRR hangs up his boots. A sad day for Argentina futbol fans.I did manage to see him play for Boca but only in his 2nd spell. When he was past his best. It got me thinking of some of the players I had seen there and some of the best matches I witnessed in person.

I think the the best game was the 2nd leg of the 2004 Copa Sudamerica Boca v Bolivar, 1-0 down from the 1st leg. I think it was the big number 9 Martin Palermo who scored the 1st. But no mistake the 2nd was Tevez one of his last games before he left for Brazil then Europe.

That night the noise was incredible. I even remember singing that famous song they sing at Boca.

The Argentinian fans must be counting the years, months & days until the greatest footballer ever comes home. Messi. But will it be to Newell's Old Boys?

El Perro
01-26-15, 21:02
Good to hear from you FH. Though he was getting older Riquelme was a one man wrecking crew for Boca when they won the Copa Libertadores in 2007. That was his first year back at Boca after leaving Villarreal. An outstanding performance that made me a huge Riquelme fan despite his difficult personality. I saw him curl in two free kicks against Chile in a WC Qualifier in 2007 as well. He was really on top of his game that year.

Funny about Messi, even though he is one of the greatest footballers ever (best in my book) there are still many Argentines who don't like him and are eager to see him fail. They wait for anything they can use to criticize him. Perverse fuckers.

I did manage to see him play for Boca but only in his 2nd spell. When he was past his best. It got me thinking of some of the players I had seen there and some of the best matches I witnessed in person.

I think the the best game was the 2nd leg of the 2004 Copa Sudamerica Boca v Bolivar, 1-0 down from the 1st leg. I think it was the big number 9 Martin Palermo who scored the 1st. But no mistake the 2nd was Tevez one of his last games before he left for Brazil then Europe.

That night the noise was incredible. I even remember singing that famous song they sing at Boca.

The Argentinian fans must be counting the years, months & days until the greatest footballer ever comes home. Messi. But will it be to Newell's Old Boys?

WorldTravel69
02-10-15, 20:46
If some of you guys are going, you might want to read this.

I could not stop laughing, even though it is a sad case.

http://www.sfgate.com/sports/ostler/article/Ostler-Before-Olympics-Rio-hasn-t-really-6071636.php

Rev BS
03-14-15, 23:31
http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2015/mar/14/serena-williams-makes-emotional-return-to-indian-wells

Tennis was an elitist sport not too long ago, it define social class in many ways. Then the Williams sisters showed up from Compton, and like Obama, it was disturbing, to say the least. Perception, that word that often control your thought process and ideas. Yes, there was Althea Gibson, and Arthur Ashe before them. Trailblazers, but they were classy, well spoken, kind of knew their place. Not these flamboyant brats from Compton with an Al Sharpton for a father / coach. Developed in public courts, they stayed out of the traditional junior circuits. It was disturbing to the country club set as well as the tennis establishment. The unspoken thought, just wait till they fizzled out, they don't have a clue!

So almost 20 years later, they are still in the tennis limelight and outstanding role models for all and in particular, their people.

Jackson
03-16-15, 16:58
Tennis was an elitist sport not too long ago, it define social class in many ways. Then the Williams sisters showed up from Compton, and like Obama, it was disturbing, to say the least...So almost 20 years later, they are still in the tennis limelight and outstanding role models for all and in particular, their people.More back-handed racist / sexist / anti-Caucasian / anti-America / anti-American male comments by Rev BS as he gleefully decries the what he believes is their inevitable extinction.

Rev, I'm going to start calling you out on this racist/sexist hate-speech every time I see it.

Enough is enough.

Thanks,

Jax.

WorldTravel69
05-14-15, 13:24
They were only required to build 8, but built 12.
Dummies.

Here is what they are doing with them today.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/brazils-3-billion-world-cup-170000993.html

Maxuk
05-14-15, 15:35
Hey Folks.

I would welcome any suggestions or tips for going to see a soccer game on the above mentioned date. Happy to see a lesser team if it means keeping myself out of the local hospital... But would like to see Boca or River plate if I could.

M.

Dickhead
05-14-15, 16:13
No football for a while:

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/soccer/argentinian-football-suspended-after-death-of-emanuel-ortega/ar-BBjMLQL

But if that is lifted by May 24, I believe Racing has a new stadium. You might want to check out their Schedule.

Rev BS
06-19-15, 04:27
Described often as inept & impotent, the US Department of Justice did us proud when they show the world that their arms are long and their.

Reach potent. Many are squealing already as they see no way out. They did us proud.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/fifa-officials-arrested-named-jeffrey-webb-jack-warner-eduardo-li-10278238.html

Not surprisingly, a majority of the indicted hails from Latin America.

Flexible Horn
06-27-15, 13:45
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/33297155

A fantastic team player...works so hard...............Boca for the league next season............

I did see his last game before he left for europe in 2004.....how i would like to be in the crowd for his 1st game back.....adored by the fans there.

El Perro
06-27-15, 14:33
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/33297155

A fantastic team player...works so hard...............Boca for the league next season............

I did see his last game before he left for europe in 2004.....how i would like to be in the crowd for his 1st game back.....adored by the fans there.Big news here in BA FH, plus Carlitos scored the winning PK against Colombia last night. Getting a ticket for his first match back will be tough, but I might look into it.

Big Boss Man
06-27-15, 15:16
The France Germany women's World Cup match Friday was one the top three soccer matches that I have ever seen all time. Wall to wall action for 120 minutes. Incredibly physical. A German whacks a Frenchman across the face with an elbow and blood flows from the woman's nose. None of this sissy American NFL or NBA stuff where the player lies on the floor for 10 minutes and then returns for the next play. They kept playing 11 on 10 until the bleeding stopped. Both sides played until exhaustion. 5 or 6 yellow cards. Both sides deserved to win. USA should have a walkover on Tuesday. I do not see the Germans recovering from the game so quickly. I think I just witnessed a classic Pyrrhic victory. USA's win over China was easy. China had no attack.

WorldTravel69
07-06-15, 13:38
The best match was Yesterday.

5-2 U.S.A. Wins and sets a record of 3 goals in the first 16 minutes.

The France Germany women's World Cup match Friday was one the top three soccer matches that I have ever seen all time. Wall to wall action for 120 minutes. Incredibly physical. A German whacks a Frenchman across the face with an elbow and blood flows from the woman's nose. None of this sissy American NFL or NBA stuff where the player lies on the floor for 10 minutes and then returns for the next play. They kept playing 11 on 10 until the bleeding stopped. Both sides played until exhaustion. 5 or 6 yellow cards. Both sides deserved to win. USA should have a walkover on Tuesday. I do not see the Germans recovering from the game so quickly. I think I just witnessed a classic Pyrrhic victory. USA's win over China was easy. China had no attack.

Creideiki
10-05-15, 18:53
I'm in Argentina this month and would like to go see a game. River Plate (CARP) would be my first choice, but other teams are OK if they are not that far from Balvanera/Congreso. Tangol wants US$120 for their tour (to/from the game, seating, etc.) but would prefer to do it the Argentine way--if I won't get killed, that is--for less money and to avoid being segregated from the Porteņo fans.

I was going to go to CARP/Independiente in Avellaneda on the 3rd, but my Porteņo friend strongly advised against it, so I went with his advice. From what I understand, Estadio Monumental is relatively safe (hence my interest in CARP).

Gandolf50
10-05-15, 20:16
I'm in Argentina this month and would like to go see a game. River Plate (CARP) would be my first choice, but other teams are OK if they are not that far from Balvanera/Congreso. Tangol wants US$120 for their tour (to/from the game, seating, etc.) but would prefer to do it the Argentine way--if I won't get killed, that is--for less money and to avoid being segregated from the Porteo fans.

I was going to go to CARP/Independiente in Avellaneda on the 3rd, but my Porteo friend strongly advised against it, so I went with his advice. From what I understand, Estadio Monumental is relatively safe (hence my interest in CARP).Be carefull! You risk your life going to one of these games now a days.

SanMichele
10-06-15, 15:25
I would suggest going with Tangol, I did, and I had a great time! Was able to see to River games and the atmosphere is sensational!

There is another agency that sets stuff up, if you need that info let me know, the prices are comparable.

I wanted to see Boca play in their stadium, but as of yet I have not made it. It is more difficult to go to Boca, as tickets are only sold to members and it takes a 7year wait to get a membership...

Be carefull! You risk your life going to one of these games now a days.

Daddy Rulz
10-06-15, 16:47
I would suggest going with Tangol, I did, and I had a great time! Was able to see to River games and the atmosphere is sensational!

There is another agency that sets stuff up, if you need that info let me know, the prices are comparable.

I wanted to see Boca play in their stadium, but as of yet I have not made it. It is more difficult to go to Boca, as tickets are only sold to members and it takes a 7year wait to get a membership...I've known a shit load of people who have seen a game with a group and I've never heard of anybody getting hurt. What Gandolf was saying was people that go alone, no transpo plan, no idea what they are doing.

This is pretty much safe as houses.

Dickhead
10-06-15, 17:34
If I did have to go to a soccer game, I would go alone in hopes that I would be killed before I had to actually watch it.

TejanoLibre
12-17-17, 21:35
Happy for your Team !

Bet you got Season Tickets at the 50 too !

What a turn around .

Coach of the Year.

Be Well,

TL.

PS- I hate the Seacocks. I'm a lifelong Cards fan and I guess a Masochist too.

Big Boss Man
12-18-17, 01:07
Any combination of either a Ram win or a Seahawk loss puts us in the playoffs for the first time since 2004. So it ain't over until it's over. Tennessee will be playing desperate next week. Today the Seahawk's middle linebacker played at about 3/4 speed because of a sore hamstring. Gurley ran wild. Same thing happened earlier this year when Sean Lee was out for Cowboys. Goff has not shown that he can throw deep. You need strong linebackers to beat the Rams this year. Any weakness will be exploited. Minnesota has the best defense that the Ram's have played this year. Seattle was second best but now has too many injuries. Overall, the Eagles seem to have deepest team with the best talent that i have seen in the NFC but with Wentz out they could be vulnerable.

Tres3
12-18-17, 01:17
Any combination of either a Ram win or a Seahawk loss puts us in the playoffs for the first time since 2004. So it ain't over until it's over. Tennessee will be playing desperate next week. Today the Seahawk's middle linebacker played at about 3/4 speed because of a sore hamstring. Gurley ran wild. Same thing happened earlier this year when Sean Lee was out for Cowboys. Goff has not shown that he can throw deep. You need strong linebackers to beat the Rams this year. Any weakness will be exploited. Minnesota has the best defense that the Ram's have played this year. Seattle was second best but now has too many injuries. Overall, the Eagles seem to have deepest team with the best talent that i have seen in the NFC but with Wentz out they could be vulnerable.After watching the Patriots vs Steelers game it is a toss up which of those two teams I would put my money on, but I think one of those two teams will represent the AFC in the Superbowl.

Tres3.

TejanoLibre
12-18-17, 01:43
After watching the Patriots vs Steelers game it is a toss up which of those two teams I would put my money on, but I think one of those two teams will represent the AFC in the Superbowl.

Tres3.Jags could be a difficult hurdle for a few teams.

Maybe?

TL.

Dickhead
12-18-17, 17:18
That call yesterday was completely ridiculous. The rule is ridiculous. The officiating in the NFL is ridiculous. Roger Goodell is ridiculous. And I am not even a Steeler fan, and don't care but the catch rule has got to be changed to something that makes some kind of common sense to the ordinary fan. We did not have audio so did not hear the ref's explanation but none of us could understand that call. There were about a dozen of us, including one guy who played semi-pro football, and all of us thought it was a catch. Every single one of us.

El Perro
12-19-17, 18:48
That call yesterday was completely ridiculous. The rule is ridiculous. The officiating in the NFL is ridiculous. Roger Goodell is ridiculous. And I am not even a Steeler fan, and don't care but the catch rule has got to be changed to something that makes some kind of common sense to the ordinary fan. We did not have audio so did not hear the ref's explanation but none of us could understand that call. There were about a dozen of us, including one guy who played semi-pro football, and all of us thought it was a catch. Every single one of us.One of the many reasons I barely follow the NFL anymore. The game is a shadow of what it used to be. Laughable really.

TejanoLibre
02-01-18, 15:17
Looking for recommendations on where to watch the Superbowl this Sunday evening.

Thank you.You are most Welcome to use my NFL GAME PASS subscription while I sleep .

Send me an e-mail for the password and directions if you want.

Unless you would rather go to a packed to the gills with drunk punks in a place full of 100 years worth of smoke and spilled beer.

Your welcome to visit but it's a mess here.

The problem with the housekeeper is that I Always keep her from doing her job . That's a white lie. She certainly Does her job !

TTYL,

TXH-1138,

TL.

Master J
06-17-18, 21:56
I just thought it would be appropriate to start a World Cup thread.

Curious of any feedback from the locals regarding Argentina's lackluster opening.

Saw a stat that Messi is 5-10 on World Cup penalty kicks!

Think I will take Ronaldo.

Any interest from down there?

BayBoy
06-21-18, 19:59
Argentina's soccer team is in deep doodoo after losing to Croatia today 3-0; after a tie with Iceland a few days ago. They might not make the finals. Their goalie messed up and didn't clear the ball from a Croatian defender close by, and he kicked it right into the goal. Their first score.

That goalie, Messi, and the coach shouldn't come back to Argentina if they don't make the finals.

BayBoy
06-22-18, 23:42
Argentina is back in the chase to get to the final round. Iceland lost to Nigeria, big upset. But they have to win their last game.

TejanoLibre
06-24-18, 16:49
Argentina is back in the chase to get to the final round. Iceland lost to Nigeria, big upset. But they have to win their last game.Howdy BB,

How's it standing ? I mean hanging ?

I'm worried about the San Francisco "Packers" this year Buddy !

Lifelong "Cards" Fan !

Please say Hola to my Boys !

Be Well,

TL.

Just thought about you this morning as I passed by Plaza "Miseria!".

BayBoy
06-24-18, 18:34
Howdy BB,

How's it standing ? I mean hanging ?

I'm worried about the San Francisco "Packers" this year Buddy !

Lifelong "Cards" Fan !

Please say Hola to my Boys ! now

Be Well,

TL.

Just thought about you this morning as I passed by Plaza "Miseria!".Hola TL: The boys are doing fine and still kicking it. Oh you passed by my favorite place: Plaza 'Misery', say hello to the chicas there. I got money problems now, but when that gets cleared up will be back to Buenos Aires. I like the Xchange rate now, 28-1 is rocking.

BayBoy
06-26-18, 18:01
Argentina wins 2-1, beats Nigeria on a late goal, moves on to the Knockout round. Messi got a goal in the first half. Even Diego Maradona was happy. Life is good in Argentina.

PickCherry12
06-28-18, 20:37
Argentina wins 2-1, beats Nigeria on a late goal, moves on to the Knockout round. Messi got a goal in the first half. Even Diego Maradona was happy. Life is good in Argentina.Hopefully you guys got some free pussy that night!

Vampire
07-01-18, 00:32
The goalkeeper situation was bad for Argentina. Romero was out with a knee injury. If they had him, they would've had a better shot to advance. Messi is very overrated. He is a good player, but I'd take Suarez or Cavani over any forward Argentina has. What was the deal with Sampaoli? Was he not allowed to coach after the Croatia loss? It looked like him and the players were no longer talking.

Shawman
07-08-18, 18:02
The goalkeeper situation was bad for Argentina. Romero was out with a knee injury. If they had him, they would've had a better shot to advance. Messi is very overrated. He is a good player, but I'd take Suarez or Cavani over any forward Argentina has. What was the deal with Sampaoli? Was he not allowed to coach after the Croatia loss? It looked like him and the players were no longer talking.Messi IS overrated, at this point anyway. Soccer is a young man's game.

"team usa" didnt build off of 2014 like some people here said they would.

But i like the idea that there arent any dynasties, it's better for the sport.

Any country's team has the chance to take the trophy if they actively invest in their national programs and if they luck out in the genetic lottery with a few key players.

Wild Walleye
07-08-18, 18:13
Messi shines when surrounded by his top-dollar Barca teammates.

I have watched nearly every match of the tournament and the ones Argentina was in were, for the most part, dull. France and Belgium have looked the best, then England and lastly Croatia (IMO). This has been a great tournament and I like seeing the big names toppled by superior team play.

WorldTravel69
07-09-18, 17:57
This is a quote from the San Francisco Chronicle writer Nick Hoppe.

"Ireland (population 334,000) qualified.

Uruguay (population 3.5 million) qualified.

Croatia and Costa Rica (population 4 million each) qualified.

United States (population 325 million people) - LOSERS!

Out of 325 million people we couldn't find 11 guys who could beat Iceland's 11 best?

Even San Francisco has twice as many people, and we can play all year round".

Vampire
07-10-18, 20:00
This is a quote from the San Francisco Chronicle writer Nick Hoppe.

"Ireland (population 334,000) qualified.

Uruguay (population 3.5 million) qualified.

Croatia and Costa Rica (population 4 million each) qualified.

United States (population 325 million people) - LOSERS!

Out of 325 million people we couldn't find 11 guys who could beat Iceland's 11 best?

Even San Francisco has twice as many people, and we can play all year round".Soccer is still a fairly new game in the United States. Very few Americans over the age of 40 played soccer as kids. It has only started to get popular over the past 30 years or so. Give it another 10-20 years, and the United States will be one of the powerhouses.

Retired 66
07-11-18, 10:14
Soccer is still a fairly new game in the United States. Very few Americans over the age of 40 played soccer as kids. It has only started to get popular over the past 30 years or so. Give it another 10-20 years, and the United States will be one of the powerhouses.I agree things have changed in the last 30 year, but America has many other opportunities that most of the rest of the world doesn't have for their children.

My experience in local sports, saw smaller less athletic kids migrating to soccer at around 8-years-old, solely because moms did not want their kids (boys) in contact sports. My son played 1 year on a neighborhood community team, which turned out to be a strictly and intentionally non-competive, he hated it because the kids played not to win/lose. He turned out to be a draft pick and ALL state left-handed pitcher.

In my opinion, this 30 years of not producing any dominant players to represent America is because of a lack of athletic skill, poor coaching, poor competition, and if there's an athletic kid on the team he's the goalie, hence playing not to lose/win. Plus if an athletic kid does play a position in the field the opponent just plays keep away so nobody wins or looses.

If and when American black kids become interested in soccer America is doomed for another 30 years of not being good enough to make FIFI tournament.

Maybe our visiting southern border friends will take over American soccer.

WorldTravel69
12-11-18, 02:22
Are you having fun today?

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/world/riots-break-out-in-buenos-aires-after-river-plate-beats-boca-juniors-all-the-way-over-in-spain-a4012721.html

WorldTravel69
12-10-19, 12:40
New President.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/riquelme-beats-maradona-boca-juniors-elect-president-153446964--sow.html

Questner
12-10-19, 22:57
Boca's caps are a chica magnet, BJ!

Vampire
10-10-20, 18:54
(From the New York Times)

Angel Di Mara never went home. The summer of 2007 had been a good one. He was 19, and had spent a month or so in Canada, representing his country in the under-20 World Cup. He had excelled, scoring three times, and so had his team: Just as in 1995, 1997, 2001 and 2005, Argentina won the tournament.

So fast had his star risen that, when the plane carrying the team back to Buenos Aires touched down, Di Mara barely made it through passport control. When we landed, he got off our plane and onto the one that took him to Europe, said Hugo Tocalli, the coach of that team. Really, straight onto it..

Di Maras first stop was Benfica, the initial step of a journey that would take him to Real Madrid, Manchester United and, now, Paris St.-Germain. He was not the first member of that young squad to cross the ocean. Three of his teammates including Sergio Agero had already been signed by European clubs. Nor was he the last: Within a year, nine more members of Tocallis team had been enticed away from Argentina.

It was the same every time, said Tocalli, who was part of the coaching staffs for all five of Argentinas victories in that period. We went to Qatar and finished as champion. We went to Malaysia, finished as champion. And after each one, the players would go to Europe, and then they would go on to the senior national team..

As he spools through the names, it is not hard to see why: Walter Samuel, Esteban Cambiasso, Pablo Aimar from the 1997 squad; Nicols Burdisso, Maxi Rodrguez and Javier Saviola in 2001; Fernando Gago, Pablo Zabaleta and, of course, Lionel Messi from the team that won in the Netherlands in 2005. Argentina, in those years, seemed to have an inexhaustible supply of impossibly gifted teenagers, ready to take the world by storm.

Tocalli still works in youth development, as part of the technical staff at San Lorenzo. He still casts his eye over countless prospects. And he is still confident that Argentina produces top players. The talent is still there, he said. There are still players here..

That may not have changed, but something has. A decade ago, 47 Argentine players featured in Italys Serie A; this year, only 24 are currently registered. In 2014, the Premier League employed 23 Argentines; this season that is down to 11.

And, as the Argentine journalist Juan Pablo Varsky has noted, roughly half of those Agero, Willy Caballero and Sergio Romero among them are in the autumn of their careers. Their heirs have yet to materialize. Europe, not long ago, took players as fast as Argentina could develop them. Now, it seems, the production line has seized up.

Judging What You Cannot Watch.

A few years ago, two scouts from F.C. Copenhagen, the leading Danish team, arrived in Avellaneda a city just south of Buenos Aires to watch a prospect playing for Racing Club. The only problem was that they could not work out how, exactly, to get into the stadium.

In Europe, there is a tacit agreement among clubs to make special provisions for scouts: complementary tickets offering a good vantage point, ordinarily among their peers, or in the more tranquil parts of a stadium, like the directors box or the press seats. In Argentina, scouting has always been a little more complex. Eventually, the two Danish scouts with their calls and emails to the club unanswered had no choice but to buy tickets and sit among the fans behind the goal. It was hardly the best place to assess a potential signing.

The incident inspired Racing to make visiting scouts lives easier, but the clubs scouting coordinator, Diego Huerta, said it could still be complicated for European scouts to watch games live in Argentina. That stands in contrast not just with Europe but also much more pertinently with Argentinas great continental rival, Brazil.

Brazil partly by virtue of history, partly because of sheer scale has long been soccers great exporter. In May, a report from the CIES Football Observatory showed that there were 1,535 Brazilians playing professional soccer outside Brazil. Argentina has never been able to match such a figure, of course, but not long ago it was getting close.

In 2014, in fact, Argentina sold more players abroad than Brazil. In the years just preceding that, Brazil remained ahead by only the smallest of margins. Now, though, as Argentinas production line has collapsed the CIES found that it exported only 78 players in 2019 Brazils has ramped up again.

Those involved in recruitment in Europe attribute that to two trends. One is the standard of youth coaching in Brazil, which many now regard as on par with that available in Europe. The other is the relative ease of doing business with Brazilian clubs. They invite you in, give you a tour of the academy, offer you a coffee, talk to you about players, said the head of recruitment for one major European team. They are more transactional..

The effect, at the top level, is clear. Until 2014, there were more Argentines in Serie A than Brazilians. From 2014 to 2018, the same was true of the Premier League. Now, even in Spain, where a shared language has always made it easier for Argentine players to settle, Brazil is ascendant. In 2018, there were 39 Argentines playing in La Liga, and 21 Brazilians. This season, the divide has narrowed substantially: 25 Argentines and 20 Brazilians.

It is tempting to believe that the explanation is accessibility. Brazils best teams invite scouts in for a tour; Argentinas, in some cases, do not even reply to emails. In a fast-moving market, clubs will instinctively favor the player they know more about; they cannot judge what they cannot see. Argentinas fall is a failure not of talent but of organization.

To Huerta, though, there is a flaw in that argument. All of that was true 10 years ago, too, he said. It is complicated now, but it was complicated then. And the deals still got done..

Expanding Horizons.

Most front offices for most leading teams have, somewhere on their encrypted recruitment software, a list comparing the relative strengths of dozens of leagues across the world. On most lists, the Premier League and La Liga vie for supremacy; Germany tends to be third.

The list functions as something between a crib sheet and an equation, a way of weighting players merits across countries and across contexts. If a team is watching two forwards, one in France and one in Portugal, the list enables the team to see what each players data profile means in relation to the other.

The analytics firm 21st Club which supplies data and insights to a number of teams across Europe has its own model. Brazils top flight, Serie A, comes out sixth; Argentinas Superliga is eighth. We rate Argentinas best teams as marginally better than Brazils, but there is greater strength in depth at the top of Brazilian soccer, said Omar Chaudhuri, 21st Clubs chief intelligence officer.

For recruiters, that makes Brazil an easier market to work in. Leagues with a big spread in quality can be harder to scout, Chaudhuri said. When youre watching Boca Juniors, say, against a weak opponent, it can be hard to gauge how impressive an individual performance really is..

That problem was exacerbated in 2015, when the Superliga expanded to 30 teams. Though that number has now been reduced to 24, it is scheduled to rise again in response to the financial impact of the coronavirus pandemic.

It is impossible that the level does not drop, Huerta said of a league that size. When teams watch games here, they see eight or 10 teams to watch, and besides that the level is really low..

That is typical of the way the problem is framed in Argentina, as an issue at least partly of the countrys own making. Huerta points to a variety of factors ranging from wider economic issues forcing clubs to cut development budgets to the loss of Tocalli and of his mentor, Jos Pkerman, before him, from the countrys youth system. Tocalli bemoans the lack of foresight among the Superligas teams.

There are only a couple of clubs with projects, he said. For too many, the result, even at youth level, is all that matters, not the development of players. They think about today, and not about tomorrow..

Argentinas demise, though, cannot be attributed entirely to self-inflicted damage. The existence of those data-driven matrices comparing leagues is proof of a new market reality: Clubs horizons have expanded far beyond traditional markets. Teams hailed as cutting edge Udinese, Lyon, Porto and all of the rest now regard Argentina, like Brazil, as a premium market. They believe there is better value to be had in Chile, Colombia and Uruguay.

And they know how to find it: sifting through the reams of data provided about those historically lesser leagues, and then using services like Wyscout to watch as many games as they choose. That technological shift has expanded soccers horizons: Nigeria now exports more players than the Netherlands. Ghana has more expatriates than Belgium.

At the same time, Europe has industrialized its own youth development. In the past, you did not have the highly technical German players, the English players, the Spanish players of this level, Huerta said.

European soccer used to turn to Argentina and Brazil for the magic it lacked. Now, Huerta said, it tends to source combative players in South America. Talent? It can grow that on its own.

He hopes that the drop in Argentine exports will be just a dip in the cycle, a natural lacuna before the players start emerging once again. There are some really interesting generations here, players who are 15, 16 and 17, Huerta said.

Tocalli is right, in that sense: Argentina has never stopped producing players. It is just that, these days, Europe does not need them quite so much.