PDA

View Full Version : Haircuts in Centro area - Esmeralda 982

Shane44
04-19-07, 22:25
My hotel suggested this hair salon for a haircut. It has seven chairs with both male, but mostly female, clients. The owner is Claudio Ghiringhelli [phone 4312-6801], and he speaks fairly good English. He worked for one year in mid town Manhattan at a salon, where he learned English.

I got my hair washed and cut for P35, and thought he did a great job. He also has an excellent person who does pedicures and manicures, but I passed on this. If you are in BA with your wife, she will be well treated here as will you.

Shane44

Exon123
04-19-07, 22:59
I pay 20 peso's which is too much, just down the street from El Alamo.

Exon

Shane44
04-20-07, 01:43
Exxon, If you are happy with your P20 haircut, and I am happy with my P35 haircut, than I would say both of us have spent our money in a manner that satisfies each of us as individuals. Sometimes cheaper is better and as you well know sometimes it is not. In this case, the final jugement is in the eyes of the payee. All the best, Shane

Punter 127
04-20-07, 10:52
I pay 20 peso's which is too much, just down the street from El Alamo.

ExonThat calculates out to 10 pesos per hair, or did you get a hand job with that?:confused:

DISCLAIMER:

+++The information posted is intended only for Argentina Private Member (s) and hopefully will contain informative and / or Humorous material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient (s) is prohibited. If you view this and find it offensive, boring, or in some way a flame, please immediately add me to your Ignore list. Failure to do so will result in you possibly being exposed to my future post.+++.

Exon123
04-20-07, 13:38
Exxon, If you are happy with your P20 haircut, and I am happy with my P35 haircut, than I would say both of us have spent our money in a manner that satisfies each of us as individuals. Sometimes cheaper is better and as you well know sometimes it is not. In this case, the final jugement is in the eyes of the payee. All the best, ShaneShane,

The difference in price is the shampo, I just get a straight hair cut for $20 peso's. The Shampo is extra and I am quite happy since I wash my hair myself.

Moreover the best hair cut in town for the money is a guy out in Vincente Lopez. He's with in walking distance from the Mansion and charges $13 peso's.

Lets not get into a "Pissing Contest" over hair cuts Please.

Exon

Punter 127
04-20-07, 13:52
CockSucker.

ExonAnything less would have been a disappointment.:p.

DISCLAIMER:

+++The information posted is intended only for Argentina Private Member (s) and hopefully will contain informative and / or Humorous material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient (s) is prohibited. If you view this and find it offensive, boring, or in some way a flame, please immediately add me to your Ignore list. Failure to do so will result in you possibly being exposed to my future post.+++.

Artisttyp
05-21-07, 15:38
Can anyone give me the location for a mens barbershop. Somewhere a rich business man would go. I don't want to go to a beauty salon. I need a machine on the sides scissors on top and thinning shears on top. Old school.

Is the guy on Vicente Lopez a barber. Whats the address? I want high class and I'm willing to spend up to $20 US if need be.

Thank You

El Perro
05-21-07, 15:59
Can anyone give me the location for a mens barbershop. Somewhere a rich business man would go. I don't want to go to a beauty salon. I need a machine on the sides scissors on top and thinning shears on top. Old school.

Is the guy on vincente lopez a barber. Whats the address? I want high class and I'm willing to spend up to $20 US if need be.

Thank YouThere are some professional places in Recoleta. I used to go to Hairmony on Quintana, but now it's just for chicas. Another place is on Guido, I forget the name, Mauro, or something like that. I think between Rodriguez Pena and Montevideo. Gaston knows what he is doing. Maybe someone else knows more about the name and address?

Da Cat
05-23-07, 00:25
There is a traditonal barbershop in the Mariott Plaza hotel. Very old school with sissors and straight edge razor. Good guy and he is very used to American business types.

WorldTravel69
05-23-07, 12:27
As the question was asked. Haircuts in the Centro Area.

I like this old school barber. You can keep all the new cutesy places. Peluqueria Oscar. It is nice to get a haircut, beard trim and shave from a man from the old school, not some young chica fresh out of barber school. I know I do not have much hair, but once a month it needs a trim.

Suipacha 1021. Tel 4315-1719.

Artisttyp
05-23-07, 13:08
Thats great. I will check out both places. I'm amazed at how many beauty shops there are but I haven't seen one barber shop. Only a true barber knows how to cut my hair. As I said before I took a training course in barbering (no not in prison) so I know what to look for. The main thing is if he uses a comb at the same time he uses the machine (versus just the blade) He knows what he is doing.

Rock Harders
05-23-07, 14:09
Mongers,

I go to a place called "La Barberia" located on Juncal between Montevideo and Rodriguez Pena. It is a male only barber shop, and I think they do shaves and all that old school barber stuff. The price for a haircut is $22 AR.

Suerte,

Dirk Diggler

Artisttyp
05-23-07, 22:09
I happened to pass by there today in a taxi. The location is Callao and Vicente Lopez.

Artisttyp
05-28-07, 20:28
I went to the Marriot Plaza hotel for a haircut today. I must say I was expecting a way better looking barber shop but I figured this is as good as it gets since the hotel is so exclusive. I figured they can't do that much damage or else the hotel would get in trouble.

I've been to barbering school so I know what to look for and noticed he had a proper machine "oyster" but with only one blade. I asked him if he had the others and he lied to me and said yes. He had another machine with plastic attachments which is another dead give away that he is an amateur. Anyway I tell him what I want in spanish and I had it written down.

The guy had very little knowledge. He didnt even trim the side of my hair. He started in back with the machine (one blade) then finished the top off with thinning shears. He never used a regular scissor on me. It came out just ok more like a $5 u$ haircut. He charged $32 AR and he recieved no tip from me.

I was lucky I wasnt butchered but no he does not know how to cut hair. The sad part about it is he is a second generation barber which makes me wonder how well his father did.

He was well dressed in suspenders and a tie. He looked the part but failed the role.

By the way I checked out the shop World Traveler recommended (who as we all know has great recommendations) and the guy didn't even have a machine, just a little trimmer. It looked rinky dink to me, but I've never gotten my haircut there so I don't know what skills the guy has.