PDA

View Full Version : Thymus - Lerma 525

StrayLight
04-28-07, 12:59
For good international-style food (that has a French touch) with accompanying service and atmosphere, it doesn't get much better than this in Buenos Aires.

You can see the full menu and read the chef's background here: http://www.thymusrestaurant.com.ar/

I had the lamb tongue appetizer, followed by the roasted quail. I don't recall the wine, other than it being good. In terms of coherent, subtle, well-put together dishes, it was close to the best meal I've had here.

The waitress was excellent, and the atmosphere -- music, decor, layout -- was great.

The exact location is a few blocks from the corner of Scalabrini Ortiz and Córdoba, just on the other side of Córdoba from Palermo Soho.

I will definitely be returning to this place.

Strad
05-01-07, 23:05
Book marked, thank you!

Strad

Hobby Fan
05-06-07, 21:14
5 of us went last Friday night. Service was OK at 9:30 when we showed up, but decayed to incredibly slow. I found the food to be good (I ordered the fish in onion milk) but not particulary interesting. Portions were quite small and I don't think side dishes were separately offered.

Decor is very good. Overall, I think others in my party liked it more than I did, but I would avoid the place on busy nights or if hungry. I don't like to ding a place based on one meal and will look forward to the opinions of others.