PDA

View Full Version : What is Carlos's story?

RustyJones
04-30-07, 22:52
Hi gang,

I met a guy named Carlos here in BA that seemed to know a lot about the private apartments. I think we went over to 517 Esmerelda first floor apartment. All of the prices were 200 pesos and up. On the web here it seemed everyone was getting stuf at 150 pesos. Is Carlos getting a cut in the action? He did not ask for any thing (before or after) from me when he showed me the place. He also comented he does this for a lot of guys all night long. He did help me out with the language barrier in two instances. From what happened it seems that he may be getting a cut and that is why the price was higher for me vs all of the other guys here on the sight.

I just want to get the straight scoop.

Rustyjones

El Perro
04-30-07, 23:08
Duh and duh again. I suggest you deep six Carlos. If that is his name. "He does this for guys all night long". Por favor.;)

JengisKhan
05-01-07, 00:17
I just want to get the straight scoop.

RustyjonesThe straight scoop is that Carlos provided you a service, and you paid for it. Your lack of Spanish and inability to use the knowledge in the forum cost you a little bit of extra money, but hopefully you learned something. I suggest that you read the forum a little better or use Roxanna to help you make appointments. Its easier than learning Spanish. I've never used Roxanna but it appears that most of her clients are happy with her service, and one time I called her to ask a phone number and she gave it to me (although she did make me promise not to post the phone number on the forum).

Happy hunting,

Joe

P.S. Why do you think Carlos would do this all night long... for fun?

BadMan
05-01-07, 06:53
Hey RJ,

From the information you gave us I would say if the privado is charging you 200 AR, then your buddy is definitely getting 50 AR. I have learned something in BA, no local, NO ONE, does anything for nothing. Everyone is out to get a commision. I would stick with forum members if I were you. PM a couple, maybe WorldTravel69 (it seems from his post he has been to every single privado in BA) and go out with them, not only will they help you out free of charge, but you can hang out with some fellow ex-pat hobbyists.

Take care,

Bad

RustyJones
05-01-07, 08:46
Hey, thanks for the info. I did already have that figured out (mostly afterward) that he was geting part of the action. I already knew that most privados or private apartments were in the 80 to 150 pesos range. I was suspicious from the start with him. I met him due to a situation that I was trying to get the codes put into the phone and he happened to be with the restaurant owner that I had met the last time in BA. The restaurant owner I trusted (at least then) Now if the guy (carlos) was up front about it, for a one time basis, I could have at least made a decision either way if I wanted to use him. The restaurant owner (I was having the initial discusion with) casually advised me to have Carlos, his friend, go with me and help with the unknown situation. It was a privado that was not on the long list of privados provided by the forum here. I will just leave it at that. After the unknown situation was resolved (and really not by him) he had suggestd another privado that he knew of. That is when it started. After I returned to my apartment, I reviewed the list I had printed and saw it on the list.

Oh, and to my knowledge from the forum posts, Roxy does ask for a finders fee too. If I remember correctly it was 10 dollars per. So more or less about thirty pesos. Similar to Carlos's cut. She though is very upfront about it. A good thing!

There is allways going to be comunication problems with us gringos unless we know the language VERY well. As many of us know too if you look like a gringo the argentine ladies look at you with dollar signs usually 100 dollars per. I fight that as much as any other guy in here with sucess and failure for the lady to compromise. Oh and lately I have been seeing the "older" ladies (above 35) being less willing to compromise than the younger ones in thier twenties.

I do converse with a few guys from the forum and have swapped stories and ideas.

All in all it is good to see support from the forum!

Rustyjones

Hunt99
05-01-07, 10:31
Rusty, there's nothing wrong with Carlos making a commission. If you're happy with how he helped you, why give it a second thought? Just be careful with your money around him, I don't know him and obviously can't make any opinion about his trustworthiness.

Roxana, whom I've known for five years, has taken care of some significant financial matters for me, and has been diligent about accounting for every centavo. Yes, I have paid her for her services, as is only right. She has also helped both myself and a lot of guys have a lot of adult fun, and could be another source of mongering help for you.

RustyJones
05-01-07, 12:35
Yes, as I wrote Roxy is very upfront about the commision. And I wrote that it was a good thing. If I do wish to use her services I know upfront the situation and she has a lot of friends in this web site (another good thing)

It is only a BAD thing when a person who is doing something for you has "other" motives for doing that something. Remember he (Carlos) was with (as a friend) an aquaintance that I trusted. My only problem with him is that for me he needed to be upfront about getting a commission to help. I can then go into it with open eyes rather than getting blind sided. The second problem is that the next time I go there to that privado on my own (which I may) what rate am I going to charged? I WILL ask for the 150 per but the hostes may remember me and chagre me the 200 since the precident has been set by Carlos. I would rather have given Carlos (befoer or after) a commision direct and know exactly what the privado actually charges. You know, like what Roxy does! That is better for all concerned. But I do see Carlos's point in that he can make 50 pesos per each guy and each service. If he helps a group of guys (which he told me about) see two privados per day (4 guys getting service) he has made 50 x 4 x 2 or 400 pesos per day. He possibly has other benefits too. That would not be his usual (I have already thought about that) but the thought is there.

Summation - up front knowledge and separate commission is the way to go about it.

Rustyjones.

As a note about today, May 1, it is a holiday today in Argentina. Nothing is open. Not even the two privados with in one block of where I am staying! Even the ladies are taking a day off! LOL!