PDA

View Full Version : Buying shoes in Buenos Aires

Tbird
02-18-06, 18:47
Ok, I have RTFF'd, and done a search, but... Could anyone with enough BA experience tell me what I should reasonably expect to pay for good leather shoes? If the prices are really much better than in the US, I would not mind picking up a few pairs.

I am talking about good-quality leather footwear, not mostly "man-made material " stuff you get in the USA for 40 bucks.

Amantelondres
02-18-06, 21:30
Lopez Taibo at 350 Corrientes is probably THE place to get top quality shoes. I don't know what you pay in the US for a good pair of shoes so you'll have to do the comparison yourself. All I know is that the quality and price are much better than in London. They also have a branch in Av. Alvear opposite the Alvear Palace Hotel but the range is better in Corrientes.

Mojokpr
02-24-06, 18:44
Hey,

I bought 2 pairs of nice, all leather hand-made shoes at different stores, $60 to $75. These would probably retail at Nordstrom's here for several times more. There are plenty of nice shops on Avenida Florida and Santa Fe.

For leather jackets, I went out to Murillo 600, there are tons of shops that sell leather jackets, etc out there. The one I've gone to several times is Murillo 666, nice leather jackets for $125 to $200, maybe half of what I'd pay here in California.

I figure from now on, I'm going to buy my new shoes, clothes etc. When I'm in BA, it helps to offset the cost of going there. At least it presents some kind of excuse for going, beyond the true excuse.

Rock Harders
04-01-06, 00:25
Mongers,

Anybody know of any shoe store that sells large sized shoes, US size 14 or European size 49? I am looking for a nice pair of leather loafers, preferably black. I know that Big & Tall and XL sell a small selection of shoes, but I am looking for an actual shoe store.

Suerte,

Dirk Diggler

Moore
04-01-06, 01:24
I'd go to Abasto mall (Once area right on subte line B). I've bought shoes there and they have more shoe stores than you could ever want. If anyplace will have your size/style, they probably will.

I think every major local store is there, its the best mall here IMO. I think the only larger one is Unicenter, but the location is bad (provincia) and I don't see more selection there.

Check out Dior at Abasto as well.

Seaman
05-05-07, 20:45
I found a shoe shop at Santa Fe which sells shoes up to size 16/52 for a reasonable price. If you have big feet like me and you are looking for a decent selection of shoes take a look there.

Finoquietto
Av. Santa Fe 2654
Tel. 4823-5868

Big Nose
05-06-07, 03:35
Thanks for the tip.

Everyone knows the relationship.

Big feet.

Big Nose.

I found a shoe shop at Santa Fe which sells shoes up to size 16/52 for a reasonable price. If you have big feet like me and you are looking for a decent selection of shoes take a look there.

Finoquietto.

Av. Santa Fe 2654

Tel. 4823-5868

Thomaso276
05-07-07, 01:09
Or wide sizes.

Seaman
05-07-07, 13:19
They offered to have special shoes made for me, so wide shoes should not be a problem for them.

Balls Deep
08-21-10, 12:19
As almost everyone here knows, if you wear size 12 (46) or above, buying shoes is almost impossible, until now.

The address below is for the factory store of Woodland Shoes. They have up to size 50 in not embarrassing styles. There located very close to Unicenter Shopping Mall.

Woodland.

Velez Sarsfiend, 3135

4-717-6133