PDA

View Full Version : Contigo Peru (Belgrano)

BadMan
05-07-07, 01:40
I got on the guiaoleo and I read the reviews for this place and they were mostly solid recomendations. Well we jumped in the taxi and headed out to a place they call " barrio chino en Belgrano " and tried Contigo Peru.

I must say this place is a small non assuming joint, no frills, no bells or whistles. Just good affordable Peruvian food. Seems alot of famous Argies come here and this place has gotten rave reviews from all the local papers.

My girl and I shared the ceviche and papa a la huancaina for starters. And as a main course I had the lomo saltado. We finished off with a purple corn meal pudding. The food was very good and very cheap. By 9 pm the place was packed. I would suggest this place for those in the mood for something different and off the beaten path. Total price for the meal was about $63 pesos. The service was great, the food was good and the price was more than reasonable.

http://www.contigo-peru.com.ar/

ComeOnDown
05-07-07, 11:13
For those who are not too familiar with Peruvian food, the menu has photographs beside the detailed description of the dishes. For those who are yearning for good rabas (squid rings) this place has one of the best I've tried in Buenos Aires.

Those who want to get here via colectivo, take any bus that heads to Barancas de Belgrano (15,60,65,29,63) The Tigre train also has a stop a block from the restaurant (Belgrano C station)

Rockin Bob
05-08-07, 11:44
I'm a big fan of Contigo Peru. The previous reports explain it all, but left out the most important thing: they have Hot Sauce.

Since Argentinians don't know what hot sauce is, you have to look around for your fix. Peruvian cuisine is the answer. You can break out in a sweat at Contigo Peru if that's your thing.

There are some menu items that they only have on Saturday and Sunday.

They are open all day Saturday and Sunday so if you're in the mood for beer and carapulcra for breakfast at 4:30 Sunday afternoon, that's the place to go.

You can also get there by via the D line to Juramento, walk four blocks to the Tigre line, the restaurant is on Echevarria on the other side of the tracks.