PDA

View Full Version : Buenos Aires to Asuncion

Loso69
05-13-07, 18:15
I will be spending about a week in BsAs at the end of May / start of June, then traveling to Asuncion (one way).

These are the options I'm aware of:

1) By bus (18 hours)
2) Flight with Gol (421.90 BRL)
3) Flight with Aerolineas (152.02 EUR)
4) Flight with Aerolineas to Iguazu (Argentina) (88.24 EUR)
Bus from Iguazu to Asuncion (5-6 hours)

Notes:
- Domestic flights are considerably cheaper than international flights.
- According to the Aerolineas website, the tickets would have to be bought in Argentina, otherwise a 50€ surcharge applies.

Does anyone have recommendations / suggestions?

BTW, from Asuncion, I will be traveling to Rio de Janeiro. I will take a bus to Foz do Iguaçu (Brazil) then catch a flight to Rio. The question is: Can I get to Foz in time to catch the 13.55 flight without having to spend the night there?

Loso

JuanCaminante
05-13-07, 18:39
I will be spending about a week in BsAs at the end of May / start of June, then traveling to Asuncion (one way)

1) By bus (18 hours)

Notes:

- According to the Aerolineas website, the tickets would have to be bought in Argentina, otherwise a 50€ surcharge applies.

BTW, from Asuncion, I will be traveling to Rio de Janeiro. I will take a bus to Foz do Iguaçu (Brazil) then catch a flight to Rio. The question is: Can I get to Foz in time to catch the 13.55 flight without having to spend the night there?

LosoThe AR flight ex EZE to ASU is a code share with TAM MERCOSUR.

All the flights are oiperated by TAM Mercosur using A320 or F100 equipment.

One of the services goes via Cuidad del Este.

Look at the TAM MERCOSUR web site to see pricing.

Service is OK (Superior to North American and European flts of the same distance) Expect a hot meal and drinks

Sky Ryder
05-13-07, 18:40
Two other possibilities you might consider. Take a look at TAM from EZE to ASU or Lan Chile Paraguay. Also I think that Pluna goes from Montevideo to ASU.

As far as the bus is concerned, I would pay the extra not to have to ride for that long either way of it can be avoided, unless it is one of the "Camabus" which aren't too bad with a reservation.

I don't know about making the flight after taking the bus, you will still have to transfer from the bus stop to the airport unless it stops there and I would think you will need to leave ASU a minimum of 8 hours before flight time.

Young50
05-15-07, 18:12
I will be spending about a week in BsAs at the end of May / start of June, then traveling to Asuncion (one way)

1) By bus (18 hours)

Notes:

LosoI lived in Paraguay for 7 years, and traveled by bus to BA quite a few times.

Unless you have a death wish, stay away from the Iguazu / Asuncion bus. It is narrow road filled with kamikaze drivers. Not that the BA / Formosa road is any better, though.

If you go by bus from BA, they will search your ass at the Puerto Falcon (Asuncion) Immigration / customs. Why a wealthy gringo would travel by bus? And if you look young and scruffy they will be looking for drugs. Remember you must have a visa. They WILL turn you around at the border and will not let you in the plane w / o a visa. The Paraguayan consulate is in Viamonte, near Callao. It takes forever, they will photocopy (a credit card, need pictures, about 45 bucks one time visa. It may take a day or two (or more, if the consul is not there to sign the visa) You can always offer a propina, though. You can visit one of the nearby PVs while waiting, though. However, save yur sperm and money for Asuncion.

Loso69
05-16-07, 17:01
JuanCaminante & Sky Ryder,

Thanks for the additional options. I'm leaving for Sao Paulo tomorrow morning & haven't made my mind up yet. Think I'll wait until I get to BsAs before deciding.

Young50,

I may actually travel the kamikaze road twice! From BsAs to Asuncion via Iguazu (Arg) and from Asuncion to Rio via Foz do Iguaçu (Bra) Sounds like fun...if I live to tell the tale.:)

BTW, I'm not a gringo. Belgian citizens don't need a visa for Brazil, Uruguay, Argentina or Paraguay.

Loso