PDA

View Full Version : Moche Restaurant (Nicaragua 5901) Palermo

BadMan
05-21-07, 04:09
Went here last night with a couple guests. I was in the mood for some Peruvian food. I had read some good reviews for this place so I decided to check it out. It is in a quiet part of Palermo Hollywood. Parking was very easy. The place is very comfortable and small. The service was pretty good though by the time I was leaving I could see the service was slowing down since it was getting pretty packed.

On to the food, for starters I ordered the ceviche and the papa a la huancaina. The papa a la huancaina was very good and the ceviche was alright, but it was missing some spice aka " rocoto ". I thought the ceviche at both Osaka and Contigo Peru was better.

As an entree I had the Lomo Saltado, very good, again not as spicy as I like but they had some aji on the side which did the trick. My first guest had a Pollo Saltado and my other guest had an Aji de Pollo. I was told both were very good. So far so good. We finished off with some desserts. I had the Picarones, something akin to donuts. Pretty good. My guests had the Tres Leches cake and a Lucuma parfait. I tried both and they were both very good. We also had a jarra of Chicha Morada aka " purple stuff " and some lemonaide. They were both good, especially the lemonaide.

The total cost of the meal was around $ 160 AR. The food was very good and so was the service, the location is nice and quiet. I would suggest this place to anyone that wants to try some good Peruvian food at a quiet cozy place.

Bad.

Here's the number and the website:

4772-4160

http://www.mocherestaurant.com.ar/