PDA

View Full Version : BA to Cordoba

Afrifil Man
05-28-07, 08:00
Can anyone please assist in telling me how long would I drive from BA to Cordoba, and the the stats of the roads.

Mat
05-28-07, 21:35
We (I & Exon) drove to Rosario in my car. The roads are pretty good, same road goes to Cordoba, people drive 120Km / hour so stay in the right lane if you are doing speed limit which is 80KM / hr.

Moore
05-29-07, 01:00
From BA to Rosario (300km) it's a four lane divided highway and you'll make that in 3 hours easy, including getting out of the BA metro area. Watch signs carefully for Ruta 9 / campana on the Panamerican Highway leading you out of BA. There is a police checkpoint just before you get to Rosario; I think because you are crossing into Santa Fe province. Usually they just wave you through but sometimes they'll check documents.

The highway ends at Rosario. From Rosario to Cordoba its 400km on a two lane road. The road is decent (like a rural county road in USA) but there are usually lots of slow farm trucks and tractors. Passing all the time you're lucky to make that stretch in 5 hours (avg 45-50 mph). Also you have to slow down passing thru several farm towns (a few not so small). In one of these towns you have to make several turns to stay on the route. It is not well marked.

Hard to believe there is no highway linking BA and the second largest Argentine city only 420 miles away.