PDA

View Full Version : Una historia de los Argentinos, en breve

Member #4110
06-30-07, 15:11
I ordered crepes with spinach and mushrooms. I started eating, and I could not taste the mushrooms, so I opened up the crepes. No mushrooms, indeed. I called the waiter over. Where are the mushrooms? I asked in my elementary Spanish, while pointing to the menu. In a flourish of bravado, the waiter smiled broadly and took my plate to the kitchen. Two minutes later, he returned with my plate, undisturbed, green with spinach but with no mushrooms. He smiled broadly and said: "No hay champignons." Well-satisfied that the problem was totally solved, he put the plate in front of me, turned his back, walked away in a swagger, and resumed his conversation with the other waiters.

Monger514
06-30-07, 17:10
On a previous trip I ordered steak and french fries at that place on the corner of Junin and Las Heras. They brought it to me, and when I asked for ketchup the waiter said they didn't have any. I had just about had it with this ridiculous attitude (known elsewhere in Latin America as the "No hay" syndrome). I raised my voice and asked sarcastically how is it possible for such a fine restaurant like this to be out of ketchup? I explained that there was a supermarket 1 block away and they should send someone over there to buy some. And they did, though the fries were a bit cold by the time it reached me. But at least I had a bottle of ketchup, not the packets.

On the other hand, I can get laid in Argentina, whereas I cannot in the States. Everything is a trade-off.

Geo Eye
06-30-07, 17:12
I ordered crepes with spinach and mushrooms. I started eating, and I could not taste the mushrooms, so I opened up the crepes. No mushrooms, indeed. I called the waiter over. Where are the mushrooms? I asked in my elementary Spanish, while pointing to the menu. In a flourish of bravado, the waiter smiled broadly and took my plate to the kitchen. Two minutes later, he returned with my plate, undisturbed, green with spinach but with no mushrooms. He smiled broadly and said: "No hay champignons." Well-satisfied that the problem was totally solved, he put the plate in front of me, turned his back, walked away in a swagger, and resumed his conversation with the other waiters.Exactly what I have been saying all along, just another of the many cons and.

Scams of the argentine.

These people do not know the first thing about giving the customer what they want. They are so blinded by that stupid pride. I always put them in thier place whenever I can.

I do feel sorry for them, for many of them have not been more than 30 miles from thier birthplace. Most of them live like the US colonies during the 18 century.

THEY ARE JUST IGNORANT PEOPLE

El Perro
06-30-07, 19:25
On a previous trip I ordered steak and french fries at that place on the corner of Junin and Las Heras. They brought it to me, and when I asked for ketchup the waiter said they didn't have any. I had just about had it with this ridiculous attitude (known elsewhere in Latin America as the "No hay" syndrome)The "No hay" syndrome is also alive and well in many Cuban restaurants in Miami. Definitely not limited to Argentina.

Geo Eye
06-30-07, 19:28
The "No hay" syndrome is also alive and well in many Cuban restaurants in Miami. Definitely not limited to Argentina.Agreed. And I give them a piece of my mind too

El Perro
06-30-07, 19:32
Agreed. And I give them a piece of my mind tooI used too as well, particularly whem my "Media Noche" was missing the pork to go with the ham and cheese. An all too frequent occurence. If I want a fucking ham and cheese I'll order one.:)

Moore
06-30-07, 20:33
I raised my voice and asked sarcastically how is it possible for such a fine restaurant like this to be out of ketchup? Because ketchup is not nearly as common in Argentina as in USA and many restaurants don't carry it since few people want it.

Try your fries a la provenzal (topped with parsley and garlic) next time, which is the way many Argentines eat them. You'll forget about ketchup.

Daddy Rulz
07-01-07, 03:43
I ordered crepes with spinach and mushrooms. I started eating, and I could not taste the mushrooms, so I opened up the crepes. No mushrooms, indeed. I called the waiter over. Where are the mushrooms? I asked in my elementary Spanish, while pointing to the menu. In a flourish of bravado, the waiter smiled broadly and took my plate to the kitchen. Two minutes later, he returned with my plate, undisturbed, green with spinach but with no mushrooms. He smiled broadly and said: "No hay champignons." Well-satisfied that the problem was totally solved, he put the plate in front of me, turned his back, walked away in a swagger, and resumed his conversation with the other waiters.I was at Bar Iberia with another guy and he ordered his usually cafe irlandes. His Irish coffee came with the spooge on top he wanted but also a FUCKING TON of canela. The waiter explained that his hand slipped when he was shaking it on and he put way too much on the drink. He just shrugged his shoulders and set it down. I doubt if He ever thought about not serving it and making another one right.

But as has been said I can fuck Daisy while she is eating Jessica's conchita and then spooge on both of their faces for a little more than 50 bucks. I can't do that here in SP so everything is a trade off.

Monger514
07-01-07, 16:05
Try your fries a la provenzal (topped with parsley and garlic) next time, which is the way many Argentines eat them. You'll forget about ketchup.I may try that, thanks.

I have eaten in this restaurant many times (it's Del Pilar, I remember the name now) and they always had ketchup before. So they do carry it.