PDA

View Full Version : Art Hotel = 1268 Azcuenaga at Santa Fe (2200)

Olap2007
07-07-07, 18:03
Nice hotel, walking distance to Madaho. US $ 60 per nite, booked via email directly with hotel & AMEX.

Chica friendly. (and many know the area no problem if you bring them in or they come to see you.

Free Internet.

Smuler
07-09-07, 01:13
Thanks for the heads up. I actually went there in March for a look see for my upcoming trip in October.

A couple questions- for the $65.00 USD- I am sure that you got the " small and cosy ". Supposedly small rooms- can you comment?

After I left my tour of the hotel, I felt it was very nice and trendy. (Actually featured in Conde Nast one year as a huge VFM in Buenos Aires)

Did they give you a key which allowed you to come and go as you please ? Or did you have to bring your chica in while passing the front desk?

Thanks in advance.

Smuler

Aqualung
07-09-07, 16:23
Two friends of mine stayed there last year. As they were checking in a guy walked in with a gun and robbed them of all their money, passports and credit cards.

The hotel took no responsibility and even charged them for the room when they left three days later.

Hanumarn
09-09-07, 04:10
Chicas friendly, clean room, friendly service, free internet for all rooms and wireless in lobby. I'll stay again next time

Aqualung
09-09-07, 04:23
Each to his own - The robbery was the least issue - The way the hotel took no responsibility was the worst for me.

Punter 127
09-09-07, 14:14
Each to his own - The robbery was the least issue - The way the hotel took no responsibility was the worst for me.Why would the hotel take responsibility? Did they take part in the robbery?

Pete Puma
09-10-07, 04:03
Punter,

I believe Aqualung was referring to the hotel's security.

Punter 127
09-10-07, 08:00
Punter,

I believe Aqualung was referring to the hotel's security.Just what would you expect the hotel to do? I don ’t think any hotel will take responsibility for your safety.

Aqualung
09-10-07, 13:04
Why would the hotel take responsibility? Did they take part in the robbery?The robbery happened on their premises, they have no security personnel and from what I understood, no insurance.

They refused to call the police saying that they wouldn't do anything and when my clients insisted as they needed a copy of the police report for their insurance the guy at the front desk just shrugged and gave them an approximate of where the police station was and offered no help with the language.

The hotel is responsible for their client's security while on the premises and they should have offered, at least, assistance.

This lack of care for their clients is enough for me to black ball the hotel and to recommend people not to go there. There are plenty of other hotels in the city to take my business to.

Punter 127
09-10-07, 15:07
The robbery happened on their premises, they have no security personnel and from what I understood, no insurance.

They refused to call the police saying that they wouldn't do anything and when my clients insisted as they needed a copy of the police report for their insurance the guy at the front desk just shrugged and gave them an approximate of where the police station was and offered no help with the language.

The hotel is responsible for their client's security while on the premises and they should have offered, at least, assistance.

This lack of care for their clients is enough for me to black ball the hotel and to recommend people not to go there. There are plenty of other hotels in the city to take my business to.I agree they should have offered more assistance, I don't think you told us about them not being willing to help with the police before, if you did I missed it, sorry. And that alone is enough for me to also “black ball the hotel and to recommend people not to go there.” However I disagree with; “The hotel is responsible for their client's security while on the premises ”.

If I rent an apartment and the landlord provides security such as locks, security guard, and a safe that type of thing and a bad guy circumvents that system and robs me or breaks in my apartment, is the landlord responsible?

If I go to a bank to make a deposit and while I am waiting in the teller line the bank and I are robbed, is the bank responsible?

Cities have police departments, and in the states many of them have the motto “to protect and to serve ” so if I am robbed while walking down a city street is the city or the police department responsible?

I think you would be hard pressed to hold any of these people responsible at least legally, perhaps morally. So why would a hotel be responsible?

The only person you can really count on for your safety is you.

Again after hearing more details I agree with you, that they should have offered more assistance, and I would not recommend this hotel.

Pete Puma
09-10-07, 16:24
A business is not responsible for clients safety? Are you kidding! Leave the floor wet if someone falls that's their problem. If you get food poisoning at restaurant it is your fault, only you are responsible for your own safety.

Jackson
09-10-07, 17:10
...Leave the floor wet if someone falls that's their problem. If you get food poisoning at restaurant it is your fault...Hi Pete Puma,

Both of these possible incidences you mentioned would be the result of services provided by the hotel's employees. A thief or robber who surreptitiously trespasses onto their property to commit a crime is not in the same category.

I know it's very American to believe that if you are the victim of a crime while on someone's property that they are somehow liable and should compensate you, but that concept is not quite so prevalent in much of the rest of the world.

Thanks,

Jackson

Punter 127
09-10-07, 17:17
A business is not responsible for clients safety? Are you kidding! Leave the floor wet if someone falls that's their problem. If you get food poisoning at restaurant it is your falt, only you are responsible for your own safety.These would be things the establishment themselves did, not something a third party did while you were there. Not the same thing.

Jackson
09-10-07, 17:47
BTW, if anybody knows, isn't the name of this hotel "Art Suites"?

Thanks,

Jackson

Hunt99
09-10-07, 19:38
It sounds to me like this was an "inside job" robbery conducted by friends of the hotel employees / management.

The fact that they didn't want to telephone the police makes me think it is almost a certainty.

Assuming the story related by Agualung is true, there is no reason for anybody to give any business to this hotel. There are enough honest establishments in Buenos Aires who could use your business.

Smuler
09-10-07, 22:30
Jackson- the name of the hotel is the Art Hotel. I have the brochure in my hand.

Anyone other than the original poster who never answered my initial question stayed there? When I went there for an inspection in 3/07- I thought it was not chica friendly- but I never asked- my fault. Very nice trendy boutique hotel.

I just bailed out of another Conde Nast recommendation in BA because they do not allow "take home ". I did ask them. This property was the Cocker in San Telmo.

Conde Nast rated- certainly much to lose if it was an inside job.

Best Regards.

Smuler

Aqualung
09-11-07, 00:10
The lack of moral responsibility of a company where you are paying for a service is enough for me not to spend any more of my money there and to warn any one I know of this lack of caring especially where there are hundreds of others offering the same services and hopefully with more responsibility.

I doubt if the hotel management had anything to do with the robbery as they were also robbed. The front desk employee? It seems difficult that he could have coordinated the robbery to the exact moment my friends were checking in but who knows?

Pete Puma
09-11-07, 01:46
I did not say anything about compensation. A business has a certain responsibility to people in their establishment. If there is no security of course someone can walk in and rob you and the business. They can rob you in your sleep and say that's the way it goes. My responce was to punters exaggeration of comparing it to being robbed on the street and holding the police responsible. That is not the same thing. I visited the Art Hotel and thought about staying there but a place that may not have adequate security and does not offer help to customers who were robbed is a place that will probably be robbed again.

Water Rat
01-04-08, 11:45
Been away for a while.

The other "Art" hotel is the Art Suites, same street just a little further away from Mads etc.

I stayed there a few times. Very much an apartment - 2 flats per floor. Good security. Family owned, two sisters - if you are discrete it is ok. Not really great if you are planning to have 4 visits a day. Lots of room. Some of the apartments have 2 bedrooms. The maid will bring breakfast up for you.

You can see the arrivals from your TV as there is a channel connected to the CCTV security camera.

Since families stay there you need to be discrete.

On my last few visits prices have gone up so Mayra recommended Ayres de Recoletta. The latter is in a more convenient location.

Geo Eye
01-04-08, 14:32
Been away for a while.

The other "Art" hotel is the Art Suites, same street just a little further away from Mads etc.

I stayed there a few times. Very much an apartment - 2 flats per floor. Good security. Family owned, two sisters - if you are discrete it is ok. Not really great if you are planning to have 4 visits a day. Lots of room. Some of the apartments have 2 bedrooms. The maid will bring breakfast up for you.

You can see the arrivals from your TV as there is a channel connected to the CCTV security camera.

Since families stay there you need to be discrete.

On my last few visits prices have gone up so Mayra recommended Ayres de Recoletta. The latter is in a more convenient location.Not for me, as I like to go in with street ***** in one hand and a bottle of whiskey on the other screaming and grapping ass.

Isola2000
01-05-08, 05:53
For all visitors to BA.

Strongly recommend Benco Apart Hotel.

220 pesos for 2 bed apt with Sept. Kitchen.

Best location in Plaza Congreso, 15 min to Florida.

Hipolito Yrigoyen 1534

+54-11 43721192

www.bencoapart.com.ar

I have no personal interest promoting this.

It is very good, and extremely chica friendly