PDA

View Full Version : Salta - Asuncion

Redondo
07-27-07, 18:46
Does anybody know how many KM or miles Salta - Asuncion is. Looking at the map it seems like around 800km /550 mile.

On a related note.

How is the night life in Salta and Asucion on weekdays and weekends?

How much is the ticket for BA - Asucion aprox.

Dominicfla
07-27-07, 21:42
See the "Travel Reports-Other Areas" forum for a recent update I posted about Salta.

As for nightlife, I went to Balcarce Street by the train street each of the 2 full nights I had in town. About a 2-3 block stretch packed with restaurants, bars and the like. I can't remember the names of places I ate, but the locro (a traditional stew) is a must-try. Llama, preferably a fillet, as well (I can't really compare it to beef or chicken, but would consider it a tasty grilled meat)

Salta is a more traditional area, so amongst the parillas and genuinely authentic places it was amusing to see a sleek, sexy sushi joint on Balcarce St. That would not be out of place in Miami or New York.

Donna Salta by Plaza 9 de Julio is a very solid restaurant spot. They have coca tea on the menu.

Finally, there was an article about Salta in the New York Times travel section sometime last year. If you are a TimesSelect member just do a search for 'Salta' and you should find it. I also found an older article from I think 1987 - it was a much more obscure area (at least to Westerners) then.

Best of success with your travels.

Redondo
08-01-07, 12:46
I did go out in Salta but not in Paraguay.

Balcarce is nice, but my guess its only on Fridays or Saturdays. During the week there is some music and people eating but not really a lot of night life going on.

I also went to a disco called Puerto. It was all full of Indian looking girls, I did see plenty of European looking girls on Saturday, but hardly any yesterday.

For the mongers there seems to be some night clubs if you travel from the airport to the city on the right. I didnt go there but saw some tipical red lights like most night clubs have