PDA

View Full Version : Grand Boulevard Hotel

Digits
08-12-07, 15:01
Has anyone stayed at the Grand Boulevard hotel recently? It has good ratings on travel sites and I am wondering what the folks on this forum think. Any feedback is appreciated.

Thanks.

Digits

WorldTravel69
08-13-07, 14:14
It is located in the Monserrat Area. Too close to the Constitucion Area, which is where you do not want to be at night.

There is not much happening for mongers in that area.

It is too far from Avenida Cordoba Triangle, Recoleta and Palermo action areas.

Check the Hotel List for better areas.

Has anyone stayed at the Grand Boulevard hotel recently? It has good ratings on travel sites and I am wondering what the folks on this forum think. Any feedback is appreciated.

Thanks.

Digits

El Perro
08-13-07, 14:28
Monserrat really is not next to the Constitucion area. San Telmo yes, is close to that infamous area. But, WT is right. Monserrat is not sidled up to the Triangle, though a pretty short cab ride away, and not that far of a walk. A pretty boring area for the most part, especially for a tourist.

Digits
08-14-07, 19:46
Thanks for the feedback.

Given this, and in the absence of any decent apartment availability, I am planning on staying in Marriott now. The few reports and references on this board seem to be favorable.

Digits

WorldTravel69
08-14-07, 23:52
There are lots of good apartments available. Bytargentina has a least a 1000.

There are lots of others. Read the forum on apartments.

Thanks for the feedback.

Given this, and in the absence of any decent apartment availability, I am planning on staying in Marriott now. The few reports and references on this board seem to be favorable.

Digits

Digits
08-21-07, 11:59
Thanks. I did. In fact I have sent a request to book something around the Suipacha / Corrientes intersection area. It is certainly a lot less expensive that staying at the Marriott.

But how is that area? Is it mid-scale, down-scale, safe at night, etc.

Thanks,

Digits

El Perro
08-21-07, 12:13
Thanks. I did. In fact I have sent a request to book something around the Suipacha / Corrientes intersection area. It is certainly a lot less expensive that staying at the Marriott.

Thanks.

DigitsThat puts you pretty much in the thick of downtown Buenos Aires. Like much of downtown, not particularly dangerous, but it will pay to exercise some caution about snatch and grab. Leave the Armani in the closet and the Rolex out of site, don't wear a cellphone on your belt. As has been stated many times, the level of real danger in this area and most of Capital Federal is much less than in most downtown areas of major USA cities. There may still be some who would argue that point, but be advised that they are full of shit.

WorldTravel69
08-21-07, 14:42
It is a safe enough area. Lots of Teatros. Close to lots of Privados.

I saw an attempted snatch and grab on the corner of Cordoba and Florida, by two guys on a motorbike. So it can happen anywhere. Leave the wallet in the safe. Carry only enough cash for the day, and a photo copy of your passport.

Thanks.

Digits

Digits
08-21-07, 17:51
Thanks for the feedback and advice.

David_33
08-24-07, 14:26
I stayed here.:

http://www.buenosaireshabitat.com/apartments_details_es.php?id=179

Close to everything. I personally liked Downtown more than Recoleta, and everything is cheaper also.