PDA

View Full Version : Good bars

Redondo
08-12-07, 20:26
Can somebody tell me where there are good bars / pubs where there is party in Capital and where the man-woman ratio is about 50-50

I have been living 3 years in BA and in my opinion they are not there anymore.

P. S.1: I am not looking for restobars, or tipical bar to go with friends, but bars where you can have a good time and pick-up girls if you are alone or with a few friends.

P. S.2: I am not looking for boliches or night clubs neither.

Redondo
08-14-07, 02:27
Hot Spots for regular girls.

My 27 year old son and 3 buddies just spent 10 nights in BA.

Their recommendations in order are: The Big One, Crowbar, Alamo, Mint, and Cuba de Asia.

Also mentioned were Milion, El Living, and Shamrock.The Big One, Crowbar, Mint, Asia de Cuba are discos. Alamo is not really ok to to pick up girls, Shamrock is mainly a friends meeting place and Million and El Living I don't know.

Any more suggestions?

Redondo
08-14-07, 02:29
Is El gran Manzon near to Patio Bullrich?

BundaLover
08-15-07, 03:10
I've only been to BA 3 times in last 3 years but I too found very few bars that were not 'resto-bars' or 'disco-bars' in BA. This one large difference between BA and Rio. Million seems like it fits the bill however each time I went (typically before 10pm it was dead) I am told the reason is that I was going too early. But I'd rather have dinner then sit around at a bar with nobody there and typically dinner takes awhile in BA so finishing early at 1am I don't feel like fucking around at a bar without live music. For a large town BA really does SUCK for live music. Very very few resto-bars have live music. And of one has to decide to have dinner OR catch a show exactly at dinner time.

Notorius is pretty good for live music however the layout makes for lousy bar interaction. All the pussy and couples are seated at tables and the bar which is parallel to the stage is empty. If the locals don't get a table they turn around and walk out. They REFUSE to sit or stand at the bar. In the US or Brasil the bar would be 4 rows deep of people. I think there is a cultural difference involved here.

However that Irish bar not far from Plaza San Martin is LOADED to gills after work and early evening with locals. Locals think of nothing to stand togehter packed at the bar. If you can stand the very concentrated smoke and noise level you will see this place get lots of 2 legged creatures.

I noticed that outside of BA like Rossario and Mendoza the bar action is more traditional even though the towns are smaller. I've got to believe that for all the fanatastic resto-bars in palermo that BA simply doesnt have adult bars. I've not really found any and its not for lack of sticking my head in doors. yeah yeah there are several bars at the plaza in palermo but they are all 'kiddie' bars and fern bars. Even If I were 27 I would feel too old there.

Finally I will add that there is a certain stand-off nish of the local girls with respect to being approached by a stranger in any place in BA. They simply are not of the mindset to respond to stranger. I have gone out with local girls via family and friends connections and asked them about this. They were very very nice to me during the evening and told me they wouldnt give me the time of day at night if I werent introduced to them by a friend etc. We talked about this and they said that if they even respond to a BA locals glance the guys are all assholes and wont leave them alone. That when they go shopping on Santa Fe that they cant even say hi back to a guy or he is going to follow them and over interpet their simple return of gesture so. This is SO different from Brasil. This helps explain my observations. Groups of mixed couples and single girls in BA are friendly to those they feel are 'in group' or safe. But if you approach them they dont perceive that you are 'friendly' and safe. Your milage may vary.......
Even if you arent as cute as I am or as charming as I am or as blah blah blah... if always pays to be nice to the locals because once you start going out with them your circle of introductions will increase. This has been talked about by Jackson and other board members that live here. However for the guy that just drops in once in awhile BA is not going to welcome you with open arms. It not as bad as New York but we tourists arent big deals to the locals.

Redondo
08-15-07, 09:01
I've only been to BA 3 times in last 3 years but I too found very few bars that were not 'resto-bars' or 'disco-bars' in BA. This one large difference between BA and Rio. Million seems like it fits the bill however each time I went (typically before 10pm it was dead) I am told the reason is that I was going too early. But I'd rather have dinner then sit around at a bar with nobody there and typically dinner takes awhile in BA so finishing early at 1am I don't feel like fucking around at a bar without live music. For a large town BA really does SUCK for live music. Very very few resto-bars have live music. And of one has to decide to have dinner OR catch a show exactly at dinner time.

Notorius is pretty good for live music however the layout makes for lousy bar interaction. All the pussy and couples are seated at tables and the bar which is parallel to the stage is empty. If the locals don't get a table they turn around and walk out. They REFUSE to sit or stand at the bar. In the US or Brasil the bar would be 4 rows deep of people. I think there is a cultural difference involved here.

However that Irish bar not far from Plaza San Martin is LOADED to gills after work and early evening with locals. Locals think of nothing to stand togehter packed at the bar. If you can stand the very concentrated smoke and noise level you will see this place get lots of 2 legged creatures.

I noticed that outside of BA like Rossario and Mendoza the bar action is more traditional even though the towns are smaller. I've got to believe that for all the fanatastic resto-bars in palermo that BA simply doesnt have adult bars. I've not really found any and its not for lack of sticking my head in doors. Yeah yeah there are several bars at the plaza in palermo but they are all 'kiddie' bars and fern bars. Even If I were 27 I would feel too old there.

Finally I will add that there is a certain stand-off nish of the local girls with respect to being approached by a stranger in any place in BA. They simply are not of the mindset to respond to stranger. I have gone out with local girls via family and friends connections and asked them about this. They were very very nice to me during the evening and told me they wouldnt give me the time of day at night if I werent introduced to them by a friend etc. We talked about this and they said that if they even respond to a BA locals glance the guys are all assholes and won't leave them alone. That when they go shopping on Santa Fe that they can't even say hi back to a guy or he is going to follow them and over interpet their simple return of gesture so. This is SO different from Brasil. This helps explain my observations. Groups of mixed couples and single girls in BA are friendly to those they feel are 'in group' or safe. But if you approach them they don't perceive that you are 'friendly' and safe. Your milage may vary.

Even if you arent as cute as I am or as charming as I am or as blah blah blah. If always pays to be nice to the locals because once you start going out with them your circle of introductions will increase. This has been talked about by Jackson and other board members that live here. However for the guy that just drops in once in awhile BA is not going to welcome you with open arms. It not as bad as New York but we tourists arent big deals to the locals.The bar you talk about is Kilkenny and it was really good in 2005 and the early part of 2006. Now it mainly sucks. Wednesday and Thursday nights are still decent, sometimes Friday as well but it's not like it was used to be, with hundreds of people waiting to get in

Thomaso276
08-15-07, 10:01
BundaLover hit it right on, despite what some guys say about their wonderful and free experiences with the regular girls.

Monger514
08-15-07, 18:39
BundaLover hit it right on, despite what some guys say about their wonderful and free experiences with the regular girls.Thomaso276 is absolutely right about BundaLover.

BundaLover
08-16-07, 02:45
Thanks guys now I'm going to go crazy radical on you guys with one of my special Bundalovers tip for BA: Be nice to the ugly girls, the over the hill women of the same kind of economic class of girls that you like. That's right bite the bullet and be nice to 55 year old in the check out line because she has a daughter that will knock your socks off. Be nice and ask out a sweet and charming girl with a face that can stop a clock because she has many good looking friends that she will introduce you to. Always hit up the ugliest girl in the group. Not overtly but just easy does it.

BundaLover
08-22-07, 19:12
There have to be some good bars in Palermo where the beautiful people hang out.

Guys, what's good there?

Redondo
08-23-07, 22:58
Very popular for very young Argies. Neither my son nor I cared much for it. Extremely ''clicky''. The Argies were afraid to play pool against us--not that we we so good, they all were very poor!It's ok to have dinner, not really to go out.

Moore
08-24-07, 00:23
There is a good old style "Dutch" bar called Van Konig right across the street from Jackie O.

El Perro
08-24-07, 00:50
There is a good old style "Dutch" bar called Van Konig right across the street from Jackie O.It's a nice place to hang out and have a beer in the midst of a pretty upscale neighborhood. A nice selection of suds as I remember.

MCSE
08-27-07, 14:26
There is a good old style "Dutch" bar called Van Konig right across the street from Jackie O.Van Koning the day holland had a game for the worldcup, one year ago.

Redondo
08-27-07, 15:28
Van Koning the day holland had a game for the worldcup, one year ago.It's nice the first Wednesday of the month.

Lot's of Argie girls looking to get laid by a foreigner.

Tigre
08-27-07, 15:31
It's nice the first Wednesday of the month.

Lot's of Argie girls looking to get laid by a foreignerWhat is so special about the first Wednesday of every month?

Redondo
08-27-07, 22:57
What is so special about the first Wednesday of every month?The Dutch (and people who are related to Holland) in BA are having a beer.

Usually there are about 50 to 100 people and some girls who are looking to get laid by a foreigner

Redondo
09-10-07, 04:00
BA is really near a crash and then everything will be real cool again:)

Aussie Marc
04-21-08, 19:15
Finally I will add that there is a certain stand-off nish of the local girls with respect to being approached by a stranger in any place in BA. They simply are not of the mindset to respond to stranger. Even if you arent as cute as I am or as charming as I am or as blah blah blah. If always pays to be nice to the locals because once you start going out with them your circle of introductions will increase. This has been talked about by Jackson and other board members that live here. However for the guy that just drops in once in awhile BA is not going to welcome you with open arms. It not as bad as New York but we tourists arent big deals to the locals.Quoted for truth. After five days here, this is clear to me now. Perhaps I should have dug a bit deepr into the forum before planning my trip.

BundaLover
04-25-08, 01:32
Quoted for truth. After five days here, this is clear to me now. Perhaps I should have dug a bit deepr into the forum before planning my trip.Solution: Buy a plane ticket for Mendoza.

Aussie Marc
04-26-08, 19:04
Solution: Buy a plane ticket for Mendoza.Chose Brazil instead!

Bo Duke
05-20-08, 20:48
There have to be some good bars in Palermo where the beautiful people hang out.

Guys, what's good there?Just back from a 2 week trip, first time in BA, first time posting, and all I have to contribute is this place (I was with a *very* straight crowd, shared studio appartment, family friends present etc etc)

Bar itself is fine, nice patio section out the back. Drink prices seem on the high side (10-20 pesos) Didn't try the food, expect similarly elevated prices. I was there on a Thursday and it got very busy by around 12.30, worth arriving a little earlier.

Best thing about the place was the vibe, many women there clearly on the pick-up (all non-pros as far as I could tell) seemed popular with a slightly older crowd (think 25-40, not 18-25) but a high percentage were "up for it", tons of eye contact, tons of flirting, very easy to get chatting and I even got an interesting offer (not what I expected from what I'd read about the women in BA) Wasn't able to follow through (damn) but I'd rate it a worthwhile punt for a non-pro experience. Women were 5-8, if you like MILFS, this might be what you're looking for. No idea if it's the same on other nights of the week.

Suerte!

Bigben0
07-02-08, 11:59
Hey Aussie,

Are you still in BA and if you are how long are you there for?

Manotje
08-02-08, 20:03
Just back from a 2 week trip, first time in BA, first time posting, and all I have to contribute is this place (I was with a *very* straight crowd, shared studio appartment, family friends present etc etc)

Bar itself is fine, nice patio section out the back. Drink prices seem on the high side (10-20 pesos) Didn't try the food, expect similarly elevated prices. I was there on a Thursday and it got very busy by around 12.30, worth arriving a little earlier.

Best thing about the place was the vibe, many women there clearly on the pick-up (all non-pros as far as I could tell) seemed popular with a slightly older crowd (think 25-40, not 18-25) but a high percentage were "up for it", tons of eye contact, tons of flirting, very easy to get chatting and I even got an interesting offer (not what I expected from what I'd read about the women in BA) Wasn't able to follow through (damn) but I'd rate it a worthwhile punt for a non-pro experience. Women were 5-8, if you like MILFS, this might be what you're looking for. No idea if it's the same on other nights of the week.

Suerte!Was there yesterday around midnight. After 10 sec! At the moment I ordered my drink two very nice girls started to talk to me and introduced me to there friends. All very hot. Non-pro. People with good jobs, around 30 years old. After the we went to a disco, bu later decided to go to another disco (Nicento) and danced the night away.