PDA

View Full Version : Black newby on first trip to BA 9/17-28

MediaPlus
08-14-07, 20:21
Hello fellow mongers:

This is Mediaplus. And I will be making my first trek to BA for two weeks beginning September 17-27th on business, but also looking to check out as much pleasure as possible. Any suggestions on clubs, restaurants and of course.'chicas' would be very much appreciated by me. I do not speak spanish but I will have a translator as suggested by Exon. I know BA is a 'white' city, but I also know that money (pesos) talks and I am looking forward to those who might enjoy a bit of 'jungle fever'.

Anyone who might be available during that time to hang out in the evenings and show a brother a good time, please hit me back! I believe I will be staying at the Sheraton downtown but not sure of the name as of yet.

Thanks and see you in BA!

Pedro Zero
08-21-07, 18:24
I have been to BA twice and have rarely seen a "black face," something which I found curious considering Argentina neighbors Brazil. Is this because Argentina tightly restricts immigration from Brazil?

Phillykj
08-21-07, 21:35
I plan on visiting BA at the end of October. This will be my first trip to a Latin country that's mostly white (my other trips were to DR & Colombia) I don't anticipate any problems & look forward to having a good time. Hopefully I can meet some of my fellow mongers & see the sites.

Jaimito Cartero
08-21-07, 22:51
While I haven't seen the number of black mongers in BA, as say Rio, I still see some. As long as you have money, and some common sense, I'm sure you'll be fine.

Moore
08-22-07, 01:28
I have been to BA twice and have rarely seen a "black face," something which I found curious considering Argentina neighbors Brazil. Is this because Argentina tightly restricts immigration from Brazil?Brasilians don't even need a passport to enter Argentina; their national identity document (DNI/cedula equivalent) is sufficient. Citizens and in many cases residents of Brazil, Chile, Paraguay, Uruguay, and Argentina may travel within those Mercosur countries without a passport.

Rock Harders
08-22-07, 02:10
Mongers-

Moore is dead on here, and in fact, there are THOUSANDS of Brasilians in Buenos Aires. In addition to not needing a passport to enter Argentina, obtaining residence is very easy for residents of Mercosur member states, and I know several Brasilians that have taken advantage of this. I think I could estimate that there are a minimum of a thousand Brasilian prostitutes working in Buenos Aires along with many more that work in "legitimate" business. The reason you see few "black" Brasilians is because the vast majority of the "black" Brasilians live in the north of Brasil, which is both farther away (making bus travel less convenient) and much less economically prosperous than the south, which means in general they have less disposable income available for travel.

Suerte,

Dirk Diggler

BundaLover
08-22-07, 02:56
Its simple economics. Brasilians that have sufficient money to travel tend to live in the South. Most of the southern Brasilians are euro desendants. Even within Brasil one sees few Black tourists at their tourist towns and many blacks working at the tourist places in the north east. There is no reason for a Brasilian man to travel to Argentina for pussy. This would be like packing sand to the beach.

Moore
08-22-07, 03:49
While the far south may be predominately white (and sparsely populated relatively speaking) and the northeast predominately black, most Brasilian travelers, excluding prostitutes, probably come from Sao Paulo and Rio, which are heavily populated by blacks with a fair amount of whites and everything inbetween. Economic disparity is probably the reason for not seeing a corresponding representation of all races within the Brasilian international traveler crowd, whether in Argentina or in France.