PDA

View Full Version : Current Promo on buying a new cell phone?

SexMachine
08-23-07, 15:24
Hello Mongers.

I will be coming to BsAs very soon. I will need to buy a new cell phone. Does anybody know of any current promo for buying a new phone?

I would prefer it to be Personal.

Thanks for the help.

SM

BadMan
08-23-07, 19:32
Unless you have an Argentine DNI, you won't be able to get any promo deals since you won't be able to sign up for a plan. There are many low priced cell phones, between 150-300 pesos that you can get without a plan.

Bad

Facundo
08-23-07, 20:16
Unless you have an Argentine DNI, you won't be able to get any promo deals since you won't be able to sign up for a plan. There are many low priced cell phones, between 150-300 pesos that you can get without a plan.

BadBad, CTI and, I believe, the other cel service providers do not require the DNI. I posted earlier on this subject. However, unless someone is going to spend a lot of time here it's not worth getting the plan. I have a plan with CTI and I did not have to have the DNI.

BadMan
08-23-07, 20:32
Thanks for the report Facundo, the one movistar place I visited told me I needed a DNI to sign up for a monthly plan. But you do need a long term plan in order to get promo deals on cell phones, and I think most short term vacationers won't try to go through the hassle and I don't think a 2-4 week rental agreement would suffice.

Thanks again,

Bad.

BTW, CTI sucks, I have a pre paid phone with them and their service is always hit and miss. I want to try Personal next. I will take your advice and report back on how it turns out.

Argento
08-23-07, 22:06
Living here permanently, I chose for my cell 'phone, a cheap and cheerful one for about Arg$100, and use prepaid cards. Nothing beats it and the best company is Personal. Some of my staff have CTI and the hassles they gave on the initial connection, after paying was unbelievable. Service did not exist and took over a week for connection. A great example of Argentinian oportunism.