PDA

View Full Version : Apartment Rental Recommendations

Jackson
01-01-07, 02:00
Thread Starter.

Chocolate
09-03-07, 13:23
Hi,

Loooong time lurker... but have met some of you before :) Been looking at lots of the posts on apartments and also the different apartment websites. Was hoping for some feedback from your experiences. Here is the deal.

I'm visiting with 2 friends at the end of September for a longish weekend (3 nights /4 days) The 3 of us are not really hard core mongers and usually try to hit the non-pro scene and hook up with friends of friends (we have been there a few times and have some contacts of people we can call to hang out with. Nothing close but good for a partying)

If the non-pro scene does not work out (usually the case at least 50+% of the time:) then we wander into the monger scene, usually led by me who has the most experience in this aspect.

So here is the kind of place I'm looking for. Expense is always an issue but we are willing to spend $200/ day if we need to to find the right place ($70/person/night)

- two bedrooms (two queens or equivalent)

- fairly luxurious (of the quality of a decent hotel, like the Sheraton / Marriott)

- okay with noise and get togethers (we can usually hang out till about 11-12 drinking / socializing and can often have about 8-10 people over before going out)

- safe (our guard comes down with the alcohol)

- location in any of the going out areas (polermo / las canitas / san telmo / recoletta etc) we are all okay with taking remis at night to get to / from where we are going.

- we are okay with airport transfers, cell phones, other more first time type things as we have all been there before and our Spanish is good enough to get around with.

Any and all help is much appreciated! And thank you for the great information in this board

Miami Bob
09-03-07, 15:00
Look at the rental apart forums. Contact the the repeatedly recomended agencies by both email and follow-up telephone.

Argentine customer service is lacking, so you will have to be persistent.

At BytArgentina. Com send a mail describing what you want and call and ask for Jorgelina who speaks great english. There reservation system does not seem to be working well. Tell her that robert from miami said that she does a great job.

I have a friend who occasionally rents a large two bedroom which has single beds. PM me for info. It is nicely furnished and spacious with an extra sleeping location in the living room. Libertador why Callao. Internet, cable tv, good centeral heat and hot water, the kitchen needs renovation, but everything is there and works.

MCSE
09-04-07, 12:14
I think this one fits.

http://www.barts.com.ar/barts/lodgin/apartments_det.php?recordID=49

Chocolate
09-05-07, 00:38
Look at the rental apart forums. Contact the the repeatedly recomended agencies by both email and follow-up telephone.

Argentine customer service is lacking, so you will have to be persistent.

At BytArgentina.com send a mail describing what you want and call and ask for Jorgelina who speaks great english. There reservation system does not seem to be working well. Tell her that robert from miami said that she does a great job.

I have a friend who occasionally rents a large two bedroom which has single beds. PM me for info. It is nicely furnished and spacious with an extra sleeping location in the living room. Libertador why Callao. Internet, cable tv, good centeral heat and hot water, the kitchen needs renovation, but everything is there and works.Thanks for the help. I'm leaning towards this one. May have a forth person joining us also.

Anyone have any experience with this company, International nest?

http://www.internationalnest.com/details.php?id=43

Miami Bob
09-05-07, 01:13
If you have the budget, the apartments also look beautiful.

Has anyone on this forum had any experience with this company?

Take a look at BytArgentina. Com and Reynolds Propiedades.

To compare value. This two companies have been used by many members here with generally very good experiences ie.

Return of deposits, assistance when there are problems, basic honesty.

Chocolate
09-05-07, 11:04
Yes, they are a bit pricey but this is a house and that makes it easy on us to bring extra people, have dinner / drinks and make more noise without ticking off the neighbors. Is it okay to post the name of the property manager on this site? It's on the website. Also, they take a deposit on my Amex which gives me some recourse in case something goes wrong.

If you have the buget, the apartments also look beautiful.

To compare value. This two companies have been used by many members here with generally very good experiences ie.

Return of deposits, assistance when there are problems, basic honesty.

Timba8
09-05-07, 11:17
There are Reviews of Apartment Rental Agencies at indextar.com, you have to follow the threads down through: more links>real estate>apartment rentals. I think someone here pointed out though, that it is the landlord who really should be rated.

Chocolate
09-05-07, 11:31
They are listed there but no review of International Nest. It looks like it is run by a husband and wife. I've spoken to the person in charge (David Merz) and he seems professional (also seems american)

Also, again, given that he is willing to take Amex as a deposit, that is pretty reassuring to me as Amex (especially depending on your card) will fight for you in the event of any issues.

There are Reviews of Apartment Rental Agencies at indextar. Com, you have to follow the threads down through: more links>real estate>apartment rentals. I think someone here pointed out though, that it is the landlord who really should be rated.

Ben There
10-28-07, 17:10
If you have the budget, the apartments also look beautiful.

Return of deposits, assistance when there are problems, basic honesty.Should I assume that most of the apartment rentals are chica friendly as its private entrance not with doorman or front desk? I am looking at BytArgentina for the apt. Thoughts? Thanks!

Timba8
10-28-07, 17:37
To me, the problem is that most of the flights from the U. S. Arrive early in the morning and depart in the evenings.

Most rental agencies have a 2 pm. Check-in and 10 am. Check-out. When you ask them what to do with your stuff in the time gaps, they say "oh, just reserve the night before and and the night after."

Anyone have experience on the best way to deal with this?

El Aleman
10-28-07, 18:04
Apartment security people are there to open the door, collect garbage, do general housekeeping and have a general overview about who enters and leaves the building. They might build their private opinion concerning the taste in women of people living / staying in the building, but it is certainly not their job to make any moral comments - and they won't.

So, don't be afraid if there is a front desk in your building, rather appreciate it. And, nobody has to check in / out there!

Easy Go
10-28-07, 20:44
To me, the problem is that most of the flights from the U. S. Arrive early in the morning and depart in the evenings.

Most rental agencies have a 2 pm. Check-in and 10 am. Check-out. When you ask them what to do with your stuff in the time gaps, they say "oh, just reserve the night before and and the night after."

Anyone have experience on the best way to deal with this?I've never had this problem with four rentals through Reynolds. Roxana has also been flexible with me when it's been possible.

Exon123
10-28-07, 21:15

Most rental agencies have a 2 p. M. Check-in and 10 a. M. Check-out. When you ask them what to do with your stuff in the time gaps, they say "oh, just reserve the night before and and the night after."

Anyone have experience on the best way to deal with this?Leave your stuff at the rental agency's office until plane time.

Exon

Sportsman
10-28-07, 23:38
Timba8,

In my experience, the apartments were not occupied the day of check in, so early check in have not been a problem with no additional fee. I usually pay half day to reserve the apartment for late check out.

SexMachine
10-29-07, 18:24
Should I assume that most of the apartment rentals are chica friendly as its private entrance not with doorman or front desk? I am looking at BytArgentina for the apt. Thoughts? Thanks!I have rented 3 apartments from BytArgentina this year and haven't had a problem yet.

SM

Miami Bob
10-30-07, 02:16
When you follow-up, telephone and ask for Jorgelina. She lived in the usa; speaks fluent north american english; and provides close to north american style service.

These folks are basically honest.

Bob

Xen2002
10-30-07, 13:04
Hi guys,

I'm coming over to BA in January and will be staying for a round six months and wanted to get some recomendations on accomidation. Ideally I'm looking for a 1 man apartment somewhere fairly central or at least with good transport links. However, I am not sure about the prices and could probably only afford $150 a week having just left uni and was wondering if realisticly anything is available for around this price or if I would be better of finding someone to share with or staying in hostels. Not looking for anything specific right now but rather an idea of what I will be looking for when I get to BA.

Thanks

Stormy
10-30-07, 15:36
Look at Bytargentina. They have tons of small apartments all over the place and a studio or small one bedroom in a central location should be easily available at that price. There are plenty of other companies as well, but I am most familiar with them.

Ben There
10-31-07, 15:20
Ok. So I am back for a visit and I am using BYT for apt and I am focusing on Recoleta for my work and my play, but I have no clue as to the location that I am looking at. I can check out the places, but I don't know if it is a good location or not. Big thanks here if anyone can offer thier advice.

Gracias big time.

Here are my choices.

Paraguay why Talcahuano:

Av. Pueyrredon and Guido I:

Ayacucho and Pacheco de Melo V:

Larrea and Juncal:

Billinghurst and Las Heras II:

Montevideo and Av. Cordoba II:

Sanchez de Bustamante and Juncal:

Member #3314
10-31-07, 15:29
Av. Pueyrredon and Guido.

This is 2 blocks from Madaho's. 4 from Newport.

The Hard Rock Cafe is a block or 2 away if your into that and the cemetery is there also.

There are a ton of buses on Pueyrredon. I don't know if a quiet apartment is a problem for you. May want to ask.

I have never used these guys.

Phu Bai
10-31-07, 18:40
I have used myplacerealestate.com. They gave me a helpful orientation and were flexible with times of transactions. They offer long term (six months) rates on many apts. They were easily accessible when any issue arose. They returned my same bills (deposit) in a sealed envelope. They helped make my trip a pleasant experience. Nice people.

Easy Go
11-01-07, 07:01
All these locations are pretty good although my personal preference is to stay on the Recoleta side of Santa Fe.

http://www.animap.com.ar/default.asp is a good site for checking locations.

As far as noise goes, the biggest difference tends to be between apartments that face the front vs those that face the back. I would not rent a front facing apartment on Las Heras or Pueyrredon unless I knew it had been soundproofed as they are busy streets with lots of buses.

I like the area around Larrea / Juncal and Ayacucho / Pacheco de Melo.

MCSE
11-01-07, 13:55
Well, If I had to rent an apartment I would rent from www.rentaltravelservices.com

Just for personal reasons.

Ben There
11-01-07, 19:06
Ok. So I am back for a visit and I am using BYT for apt and I am focusing on Recoleta for my work and my play, but I have no clue as to the location that I am looking at. I can check out the places, but I don't know if it is a good location or not. Big thanks here if anyone can offer their advice.

Gracias big time.

Here are my choices.

Paraguay why Talcahuano:

Av. Pueyrredon and Guido I:

Ayacucho and Pacheco de Melo V:

Larrea and Juncal:

Billinghurst and Las Heras II:

Montevideo and Av. Cordoba II:

Sanchez de Bustamante and Juncal:I settled on Billinghurst and Las Heras. Because of space, avail and what I needed in a place. Thanks for all the input. BYT is really good to work with so far. Anyone know this area well enough to point me in the right directions?

3 weeks and counting.

TJ Max
11-02-07, 04:25
I am looking for (2) 1 bedroom apt for 1 to 2 weeks in early April 2008. I prefer they were in the same or adjacent buildings. I have budgeted $300/ week with that price including high speed internet.

BundaLover
11-02-07, 04:54
Ben There,

Didn't you make a trip to Iguazu Falls? Any travel report to post?

Ben There
11-02-07, 06:19
Ben There didnt you make a trip to Iguazu Falls? Any travel report to post?I am heading to BA and same day up to Iguazu on the 18th of the month, November.

IrishPussyMan
11-05-07, 15:08
Hi,

Just wondering if anyone has heard of or used a company called B. A. S.?

Buenos Aires Stay

Thanks,

IPM

El Perro
11-05-07, 19:26
I deleted a recent post I made here where I included the first names of some people who run a local real estate agency. I don't want to make a blanket statement that they are untrustworthy as the problems I had may have had more to do with the owner.

Ben There
12-02-07, 19:23
I just finished a week at a apartment with BYT. I asked specifically for an apt that had internet and selected this particular one (Billingurst 2349, 1st Floor, Apartment G) just for that reason as I needed to be connected for work. I arrived on a sat and the internet did not work until Wed. First they didn't have a cable (ok I could have brought one) then the cable came on Monday, but no internet, not until I called the company did I find out there was no signal. On Wed they fixed it. The remote for the TV in the bedroom never worked, nor fixed, the cd player didnt work and they gave me one roll of TP. BYT tried to help but were of no use. Yes I know the internet is not the fault of BYT, but there is due diligence. Based on this experience, I would not reccomend BYT and for sure this apt.

Helpmann
12-02-07, 20:07
I did BYT Argentina last week and loved my apartment. I was on Florida and Paraguay w / a 6th Floor balcony view of Florida. I had cable modem access, but I was connecting wirelessly through someone in the building.

The living room and bedroom had floor to ceiling mirrors which came in handy when you brought the right chica home. Although, I don't know much about their other apartments, I would rent this apartment hands down the next time I am in town.

Helpmann

Ben There
12-02-07, 20:18
I did BYT Argentina last week and loved my apartment. I was on Florida and Paraguay w / a 6th Floor balcony view of Florida. I had cable modem access, but I was connecting wirelessly through someone in the building.

The living room and bedroom had floor to ceiling mirrors which came in handy when you brought the right chica home. Although, I don't know much about their other apartments, I would rent this apartment hands down the next time I am in town.

-Helpmann:)I think it comes down to the same thing with chicas. YMMV. My place was also a place not so comfortable to bring chicas back which I choose not to do. Oh wel. Next time.

Jaimito Cartero
12-20-07, 03:33
I'll be coming for a month the third week in March, and looking for an apartment for a month.

I'm looking for a value rental, nice, but not expensive. (Just like I like my women)

Budget is $500-$800 for the month.

Need: Internet, phone (land line or cell), kitchen, living room and a good bed. No plastic or flimsy furnishings. I'm a big guy, and these funky little beds aren't going to hack it. Need a nice firm mattress, preferably Full or Queen sized. Must not be too noisy.

Would prefer in the Microcentro or Recoleta areas. Congresso would probably be okay, as would anywhere else, as long as it's close to a subte, and not too way the hell out. I usually hang out at L'Alliance and Exedra, so the closer the better.

Would prefer one bedroom, but willing to look at anything interesting.

Any leads would be appreciated.

Gato Hunter
07-07-08, 14:55
I talked to Nanci off of craigslist about 9 months ago. She seemed down to earth but I was scared off like you from a lack of a reputation.

She had some nice looking places cheap too!

Miami Bob
07-07-08, 15:09
http://www.nliproperties.com/

Hamburger
07-24-08, 00:10
Hey guys,

I'm looking for a cheap, new and nice apartment from 22nd of August. I'd prefere palermo for living (recoleta might be ok as well) and budget is 750u$ max - if anybody knows - please, just gimme a hint!

Gracias & greetings,

HH

Daddy Rulz
07-24-08, 02:54
Hey guys,

I'm looking for a cheap, new and nice apartment from 22nd of August. I'd prefere Palermo for living (Recoleta might be ok as well) and budget is 750u$ max - if anybody knows - please, just gimme a hint!

Gracias & greetings,

HHFrom the 22nd until? If it's until the 24th no problem, if it's until the end of the year, maybe a refrigerator box is what you need.

Jax's apartment rocks except for that fucking beam in the bedroom, though I'm sure bondage freaks would find a use for it.

Hamburger
07-24-08, 10:50
I meant 750u$/ month. Looking for maybe 3 months, or if its really nice, even more months.

Daddy Rulz
07-24-08, 12:21
Check barts I think they have some studios in that range.

Snapsu
09-05-08, 07:04
I have visited Buenos Aires about 15 times for business reasons and I have rented apartments from Bytargentina. They are very professional and offer good service. On my last trip I found something even better. Check out Buenosairesdeluxe. Com. I have rented one of their apartments that is just on the corner Paraguay / Reconquista in the centre of the action. Many boliches are in walking distance, so you don't need a taxi to take your chica home. This apartment is like an art-deco museum. It is equipped with genuine antique art -deco furniture and beautifully decorated. Not for the budget traveller, but rather for a caballero who wants to offer something special for his chica.

Buenosairesdeluxe has some other aprtment said to be equally good. They are managed by a very friendly argentinian gentleman called Pablo.

Yours, Snapsu

Gaupi
09-07-08, 00:56
I moved to BsAs a couple of weeks ago and am not happy with my current apartment, am looking to relocate to Recoleta or Palermo. Does anybody have experience on renting from bahouse.com.ar? Seem to have fair prices, but have seen limited reviews on them. Would appreciate any comments!

Lowlight
07-11-09, 20:32
I put down a deposit for an apartment on April 20th. I decided to check the calendar 2 weeks before my trip and saw that some of the days were taken. I spoke with a Maria through infobarts and she told me she would process my reservation in 24 hrs mind you this is 2 weeks before my arrival on July 2nd. She told me not to worry. I spoke with Ruggero on the phone and he was trying to accomadate a change to another place but never got back to me. I went through rentingba instead. Ruggero still has my deposit of $283 and has not returned it. My 45 days are up to challenge it through paypal. I have sent many emails and got no response regarding my money. I don't want to be writing this but in essence until he returns my money. He has STOLEN from me and has acted unprofessional. How does someone making a reservation in April and have to find out 2 weeks prior to his arrival that the apt is not avaliable. If I didn't check myself I would have been screwed. If info barts and Ruggero had done what they are supposed to do and tht is process my reservation ASAP then we would have been fine. If ruggero has returned my $ he has not told me and I won't know until I get my c card statement. This SUCKS and this is not how one does buisness PERIOD. I want my money and I want everyone to know how infobarts is run. I would love to hear Ruggero's excuse for this one. It is black and white. He has my deposit for not doing anything.

Damman
07-12-09, 19:16
You can file a complaint with:

Court of Arbitration for Real Estate Affairs, the agency works in the headquarters of the Argentine Chamber of Real Estate and Property Law (CAPHyAI) Peru 570 Capital Federal Tel 4342-2232/5128

I had a problem with a landlord and stopped by the office just to see what the deal was. They certainly showed genuine interest in my problem. Did not file, but do regret the decision. Should have filed just to tie him up in paper work and maybe he would have second thoughts about screwing the next poor sucker. You need to appear and present your case which can make the whole thing mute if you are just passing through.

Miami Bob
07-13-09, 04:19
Real men pay their debts.

Local Lad
07-13-09, 09:10
Embarking on my 9th trip in four years in September, have always previously stayed in hotels. This time I have decided to try the apartment route on the basis that its a better value for money option + on the face of it easier to check in companions! I have used apartmentsba.com and have found their service and attention to detail to be second to none. They have really gone out of their way to give me what I wanted.

Whiskas
07-13-09, 22:00
Real men pay their debts.Damn right! I drink to that.

Lowlight
07-14-09, 22:25
Thank you to those that hve taken my side in this matter regarding my deposit being stolen. I don't know what happened or why Ruggero has done this but now he has to answer for his misdeeds. I mean seriously, I did everything to make sure I gave my deposit with plently of time and his helpers like Maria are slow and don't seem to understand how things work. You don't process a reservationj 2 months after the fact and then its I who has to find out things were done unprofessionally. Maria tells me "don't worry the place is yous which is a flt out lie. I don't think its that hard to process a reservation immediately so as to secure the place. 2 weeks prior is unacceptable. Ruggero needs to learn quick he can't do things like this and expect jo one to knwo about it. Ruggero if you readt his, pay me what you owe me or I will continue to bad mouth you and your unprofessioanl busness practices. Thank you to jackson for listening to my complaints and responding.

Wild Walleye
07-14-09, 22:40
I want my money and I want everyone to know how infobarts is run. RentingBA has been great to me and I recommend everyone go through them instead. I would love to hear Ruggero's excuse for this one. It is black and white. He has my deposit for not doing anything.I have leaned away from renting, although I have come close and if circumstances permit, I would happily rent from El Jeffe. That said, this forum is a font of information. My take away is, unless this is set right, Lowlight took one for the team and we should all learn from it. Only do biz with those with good reviews.

Exon123
07-15-09, 19:40
http://buenosaires.en.craigslist.org/apa/1271759903.html

But don't Fuck on the Leather couch.

Exon

Joe Hernandez
07-16-09, 05:36
Thank you to those that hve taken my side in this matter regarding my deposit being stolen. I don't know what happened or why Ruggero has done this but now he has to answer for his misdeeds. I mean seriously, I did everything to make sure I gave my deposit with plently of time and his helpers like Maria are slow and don't seem to understand how things work. You don't process a reservationj 2 months after the fact and then its I who has to find out things were done unprofessionally. Maria tells me "don't worry the place is yous which is a flt out lie. I don't think its that hard to process a reservation immediately so as to secure the place. 2 weeks prior is unacceptable. Ruggero needs to learn quick he can't do things like this and expect jo one to knwo about it. Ruggero if you readt his, pay me what you owe me or I will continue to bad mouth you and your unprofessioanl busness practices. Thank you to jackson for listening to my complaints and responding.Are you still in Argentina?

Lowlight
07-16-09, 22:57
I am back home in New York. What a Suprise Ruggero has not responded. All of this for $283. What a #$%^&*.

Travlnman
03-19-10, 12:13
Is this the same as BATR? (Buenos Aires Travel Rent) I am considering renting with them and if they are the same company I am going to not use them.

Donald
03-30-10, 01:29
Don,

I have rented from this firm on three occasions and have only the most positive things to report. They are not the cheapest outfit in town, but they do have there shit together and have the most primo rentals in BA (in my humble opinion) I rented AP11 for the second time (look up ApartmentsBA APT 11, 1640 Guido Recoleta) and everything went off without a hitch. 7:30 AM check in (steep fee, but they were there) and one of the most expensive rentals they have at US$300+ per day, but oh what fun you can have! Got all three girls + me in the Jacuzzi, second bedroom, space galore, primo location. Everything you could ever want! Very professional company.

Gato Hunter
03-30-10, 03:15
3 girls and a jacuzzi. Nice apartment.

We think alike.

Marlboro Red
06-13-10, 12:49
Hi,

Just wanted to update the board and say that I rented a property from http://www.reynoldspropiedades.com/ and they were very professional. I plan to use them again next time I am in town.

They have the same list of apartments from all the other agencies, but it was their attitude that makes them good to work with.

Stayed in the apartment in Recoleta, very close to Madahos. The only problem with it was that it was facing the road, and thus a bit noisy.