PDA

View Full Version : Calling or Faxing: FROM Argentina --> TO the USA

AllIWantIsLove
04-22-05, 01:27
If I spend more than a few weeks in BA I will have to participate in long telephone conference calls with clients in the US. So what's the best deal I can get for calls from BA to the US? Also it would be nice if my clients could reach me there cheaply and easily. Could I have a US number using VOIP? What broadband is available there? Cable modem? DSL? Something else?

Thanks, Bob

AllIWantIsLove
01-18-07, 18:26
So I have one of these phone cards - "HABLEMÁS". It claims that it can be used for international calls. But is the cost reasonable to call the US? How do you know what the rate will be? There's a servicio number on the card, but what are the odds they will speak English. And there's a web site address but it says that it's for buying cards, and besides that does not work!

So, do any of you guys know what it will cost me to call the US using this card?

Thanks,

Bob

Joe Vato
01-18-07, 22:04
The calling card that is 15 pesos will give you about 12 hours of calling time to the USA from BA. A great deal. Do not use a cell phone because the card time is used up at a very fast rate. Use a phone from your apartment or a home phone.

AllIWantIsLove
02-08-07, 21:19
Does anyone know where to buy HABLEMÁS cards in denominations larger than $10 pesos. Calls to cell phones seem to use up the $10 peso cards pretty quickly. I know that $50, $100 and $200 peso cards exist from the web site. But out on the streets the largest card I've been able to find is the $10 peso card.

Thanks,

Bob

Stowe
02-09-07, 02:27
As of last September I could not use the toll free numbers of my major bank, investment company nor any credit cards. I had to get their international numbers which are not toll free.

Suerte,

Stowe

Moore
02-10-07, 13:40
Stowe,

I assume you're referring to US toll free numbers called from Argentina. You can call these - dial 001 800 xxx xxxx, just like a regular US number. I've done it many times.

Before you are connected, there is a fairly long recording in Spanish saying that this will not be a free call and to hang up before a beep if you don't wish to pay.

Thomaso276
08-17-07, 19:18
I always received a message that the number cannot be free when outside the USA, on regular calls, they would simply charge the normal outcall rate from locoturio.

Don't know about faxes because you wil probably get this message first and maybe the fax call will not connect.

Only one way to find out and it will cost you a peso or so.

Seaman
08-17-07, 19:56
If it is using the "calling over internet" (VoIP) system, then it will be very difficult to do, since the compression technique used for this internet calling is not designed for faxing. If it is using normal telephone lines, then it should be possible.

Sequence should be 001800. But then only if the owner of the 800 number allows international connections to his number.

Jackson
07-03-09, 18:04
How to Make International Calls FROM the USA

The following dialing sequence is used to make international calls from the USA. It is necessary to get the country and, in some cases, city dialing codes for the location being dialed. These can be found on the country dialing code pages.

011 + (Country Dialing Code) + (City Dialing Code) + (Local Phone Number)

Note: The city dialing code is not always necessary.

===================================================

How to Make International Calls TO the USA

The country dialing code for the USA is 1. When international calls are made to the USA the following dialing convention is normally used.

00 - 1 - (USA Area Code) - (Local USA Phone Number)

The 00 dialed at the beginning of the sequence indicates an international call when dialed from many but not all countries. See the international dialing instructions on the individual country pages to find the international dialing code for making international calls from specific countries.

Rock Harders
07-03-09, 21:28
Mongers,

The simplest way to dial internationally from any cellphone in the world is to dial +(countrycode) citycode) phonenumber) This eliminates the need to dial an international access code as is necessary in many countries.

Suerte,

Rock Harders