PDA

View Full Version : Good ice cream and chocolate mousse

Monger514
10-23-07, 15:15
Lest people think I only complain, I would like to comment on the wonderful ice cream here. I don't see my favorite Ben & Jerry's (though I do see Häagen-Dazs all over the place, but with some spotty flavor selection). But I don't miss it because the local ice cream here is very good. I like both the chains, Volta and Freddo.

Last night I had dinner with a fellow monger at the coffee shop at the corner of Paraguay and Maipu. I notice that many places serve chocolate mousse, but I have never ordered it. I decided to give it a try, and was pleasantly suprised. It was absolutely outstanding! I like a deep, rich, chocolate taste, and this had it.

This place also has a decent Caesar's salad.

Aqualung
10-23-07, 22:58
That is Natacha. It's a good place for a decent meal at very reasonable prices. And for that very same reason don't go there midday as it is usually over full and the acoustics of the place are horrible. You can't keep a conversation.

In the evenings, after the office crowds have left town it becomes a quiet family restaurant.

At one time the beef was superb as the owner was a matarife (Butcher? But I'm not sure if it's owned by the same "Gallego" or if the meat is still as good as I haven't had a steak there in over a year.