PDA

View Full Version : The cost of Moet Champagne

Sbsesq
10-25-07, 16:06
I am coming down soon and letting a room / apt in Recoleta across room the cemetery. I wanted to stock the bar and figure the girls will like a little champagne. Is this appropriate or would they prefer something else generally besides pesos.

Any suggestions?

Stormy
10-25-07, 19:25
Most of them will think that Moet is one of the three stooges sister. They will be just as happy with Chandon, which is an inexpensive local brand available in all supermarkets and available in a small, half size version, which gives about 2 drinks and does the job admirably. They tend to be much more impressed with pesos and dollars than alcohol. Nice candy, which is available in all kinds of specialty stores here like Bonafide, and perfume from abroad are usually appreciated.

Aqualung
10-26-07, 01:37
I agree with Stormy - Don't waste your money on Moet, they won't have a clue what it is. They know Chandón as something expensive and it's all you need to make an impression.

Anybody asked for a bottle of champagne at Black lately?

Stock plenty of beer, salted peanuts and candy (at least that is what they love to empty from hotel minibars)