PDA

View Full Version : Posible closing of Boliches tonight?

El Queso
10-27-07, 20:18
Sorry if this post is in the wrong place, but I thought I'd make it prominent.

I have some pretty good contacts with a couple of chicas in Jaz, and it appears that Jaz is going to be closed tonight. It is possible that more boliches may be closed as well.

It appears that there is a law which prohibits the selling of alcohol prior to the election. I have been informed that it starts tonight at 10:00, and have conflicting reports as to when it is relaxed tomorrow, anywhere from 2:00 pm to midnight, I have been told by a couple of different chicas. As everyone knows, that is not unusual to get conflicting reports like this.

The girls I know who are working at Jaz are convinced the club is closed as a result, because no one is going to want to come if they can't drink alcohol, was the reason I was given. They told me they assumed the other clubs would be closed too, and maybe even many other night places that serve alcohol.

If this information is not correct, I apologize in advance. I was not able to do much confirmation up to this point, but thought I might put an alert out. If anyone else has better information or knows that I'm full of hot air, by all means let us know!

Member #3314
10-27-07, 21:04
I asked two other bartenders at non working girl bars.

They both said midnight to midnight. No alcohol.

El Aleman
10-27-07, 21:10
The "no alcohol" law exists - I saw a note posted on the wine shelfs in my local Disco supermarket. I think it is from 10 or 11 pm tonight until 9 pm tomorrow.

And I heard as well that some boliches will be closed tonight.

If, however, all of this enhances the chances of Cristina (as probably intended) or lowers them, is beyond my knowledge.

El Alemán

Member #3314
10-27-07, 22:32
I just ran and got another bottle of hooch just in case. The guy at the kiosk off Callao and Vincente Lopez said from midnight tonight till 8 pm tomorrow.

Play's is open and so is newport. Looks also like solid gold is opening too.

Its still early though.

El Greco
10-28-07, 09:48
The "no alcohol" law exists - I saw a note posted on the wine shelfs in my local Disco supermarket. I think it is from 10 or 11 pm tonight until 9 pm tomorrow.

And I heard as well that some boliches will be closed tonight.

If, however, all of this enhances the chances of Cristina (as probably intended) or lowers them, is beyond my knowledge.

El AlemánThat is what I could call "Kirchner's Drive To Dictatorship!"

Sidney was right after all!

El Greco

Aqualung
10-28-07, 12:51
The no-alcohol law has existed almost since voting began in the country.

Polvo
10-29-07, 11:09
The no-alcohol law has existed almost since voting began in the country.I think almost all South American countries have the same law, when it comes to election time.

Suerte!

Polvo

Mercboy
10-29-07, 12:01
I think almost all South American countries have the same law, when it comes to election time.

Suerte!

PolvoAs does Thailand and others.

Aqualung
10-29-07, 16:01
I think almost all South American countries have the same law, when it comes to election time.

Suerte!

PolvoAlso no public gatherings (more than three people together) and a few other things that aren't enforced any more.

These laws come from a time when most citizens carried some weapon or other so it was not uncommon for them to shoot or stab each other during arguments about politics. They did this all year round but it seems it was worse on the eve of elections.

El Greco
10-29-07, 19:25
Well,

The whole of Dorrego square was having beer last afternoon and the 1/3 of Puerto Madero restaurant customers were enjoying their wine.

The others had signs that they are not supposed to offer booze.

Not even a decent (alcohol) dictatorship in Argentina.

El Greco.

PS Your guess was correct as to where I had my meal yesterday.

Aqualung
10-30-07, 00:06
This is a strange country. Common sense isn't anywhere near the commonest sense yet there are times when common sense dictates. If they are not causing problems what the hell, let them have a drink or two!

It's the same with street walkers. As long as they don't cause trouble the cops don't bother them. And I assure you it's not necessarily because they get back handers. Not in these cases!

The beat cop has a lot of freedom on his beat and the overworked cop inside the station would kick his ass if he bothered him with silly little things like that.

The restaurants shouldn't even be open let alone sell alcohol according to the "No public gatherings" law but...

It's life in Argentina!

El Aleman
10-30-07, 02:48
Aqualung,

Is what makes Argentina such an amiable country. The back side, once you get caught in some bureaucratic tramites, it can be hell on earth.

El Alemán