PDA

View Full Version : DNI: Automatic entry?

Redondo
10-31-07, 20:31
I was reading some kind of report of an investor and he said that many big investors are getting second homes and / or second nationalities for in case there is a big crash.

I don't believe this nor I am scared about the current world economy or world state.

But let's say Europe has a big (civil) war, recession, natural disaster, etc and many people want to leave.

Would you have easier entry into Argentina if you have a DNI there?

Member #3314
10-31-07, 20:43
I am working on a similar thing in a different country. Canada actually. In a year or 18 months I should be a card carrying Canadian.

I got in because I have a skill that they want in there country that is in big demand.

It's not a question of if the US will implode its a question of when. I am embarrassed to say that I am technically still a US citizen.

Jackson
11-01-07, 04:05
I am embarrassed to say that I am technically still a US citizen.Greetings everyone,

For the record, I personally am not in the slightest bit embarrassed to be an American.

Thanks,

Jackson

Ben There
11-01-07, 05:40
It's not a question of if the US will implode its a question of when. I am embarrassed to say that I am technically still a US citizen.Embarrassed for your government maybe, angry at your president, maybe, pissed at right wing conservatism maybe. But embarrassed that you are a citizen?

I remember traveling in Europe in the 70's people blaming me for Nam. What silly shit. While I am an expat, and I do hold 2 passports. I am no more less embarrassed by my country than I am by my father when we are in public.

Embarrassment is a by product of what you do.

Facundo
11-01-07, 10:00
Would you have easier entry into Argentina if you have a DNI there?[/QUOTE]Redondo, if you have the DNI, you also have residency status. I believe you would be able to come and go in or out of Argentina as you please. I'm an european citizen, I can live and / or work in any european union country without any questions asked. With residency and the DNI you would be able to come to Argentina without any questions asked.

Also, I'm a citizen of the USA and I can enter and leave it's borders as I please.

Daddy Rulz
11-01-07, 13:12
How funny would that be, after the USA implodes that Argentina would exclude US nationals from the visa waiver program as we did to them after the 2002 crash.

I'm only embarrassed that jax isn't emmbarrassed, however I'm very proud that I once saw the twin Marias bare assed getting my spoog.

Punter 127
11-01-07, 19:13
I am working on a similar thing in a different country. Canada actually. In a year or 18 months I should be a card carrying Canadian.

I got in because I have a skill that they want in there country that is in big demand.

It's not a question of if the US will implode its a question of when. I am embarrassed to say that I am technically still a US citizen.The USA will implode, but life will be better in Canada? Interesting thought.

So in 18 months will you surrender your US passport and denounce your citizenship?

I'll stand with Jackson on this one!

Greetings everyone,

For the record, I personally am not in the slightest bit embarrassed to be an American.

Thanks,

Jackson

Member #3314
11-01-07, 19:22
So in 18 months will you surrender your US passport and denounce your citizenship? If I can get away with both I will keep all of my options available. If not then yes I will.

Punter 127
11-01-07, 19:33
If I can get away with both I will keep all of my options available. If not then yes I will.Good Luck.