PDA

View Full Version : Ruddy Mosquitos & Autan repellent or Citronella in BA Anybody?

CameraDude
11-08-07, 16:07
So I came early to BA this year thinking I would beat the Mosquitos but found they are already waiting for me and worse than ever.

Like an idiot I forgot to bring my Autan Mosquito repellant & of course it looks like they have stopped selling it in BA along with most other imported products that were readily available before.

I am allergic to DEET as it makes me itch like crazy so the 'Off' that they sell here is not much help to me plus it melts my Camera gear.

Anyone know where I can find Autan Active here? (for those who do not know it is made by Beyer and contains Icaridin you can find more info here: http://www.autan.co.uk/nqcontent.cfm?a_id=272)

Plus anyone know where can buy some Citronella candles, or just Citronella oil to put out the Balcony? They seem to be unheard of here.

Smuler
11-09-07, 00:02
Hey CameraDude,

I scrolled down o the ad and noticed that that product is made by SC Johnson. If I am correct, the same people that make Off.

Maybe you can see if SC Johnson has a worldwide 800 #

Regards.

Smuler

Phu Bai
11-09-07, 02:20
This works great. Maybe in Wal Mart? I think it contains citronella sterols of some sort.

Just googled it. Looks like its Avon. In Argentina? Its in Russia and Europe.

Member #1164
11-09-07, 09:34
Well I use Citronella cream for myself and works great and can be bought at any pharmacy

CameraDude
11-10-07, 04:57
Thanks Everyone.

Yes I use Skinsosoft by Avon when I'm in the UK and it works quite well keeping away the Midges, (not so sure about the aggressive Mosquitos here) but well but I'm pretty sure no one has it here in BA unless you can point me to a source?

#1164 I've asked everyone about Citronella here and all I get is blank stares. Do you know what they call it here in Spanish because the Farmacias don't seem to have a clue.

Member #1164
11-29-07, 18:29
Sorry for lat reply but I believe the name is Aulo Gelio if I remember correctly I got it Farmacity

MCSE
11-30-07, 11:48
The institute of technology of Argentina, recently patented a nanotechnology fabrics to produce clothes that are reppelent by itself. It's not yet available. Here it's the article http://www.on24.com.ar/nota.aspx?idNot=7831
One of the things I don't like about BA it's the lack of attention authorities put on the fumigating against mosquitos. I hate mosquitos!

Oh, by the way, may be it's important to menction that ALL of the Premier BARTS apartments www.barts.com.ar has been equipped with a liquid / oil reppelent, and it's very effective, and smellness.