PDA

View Full Version : Vaccinations - Yellow Fever

Alan23
11-12-07, 19:20
I'm happy to report on an Argentine government service that works great - if you are in need of a Yellow Fever vaccination.

Take your Passport, DNI, or other document to:

Sanidad de Fronteras (Border Health)

Avenida Ing. Huergo 690 (very near the restaurants in Puerto Madero, cross street is Chile. Green doors on Chile street side)

TE.: 4343-1190 why 4334-6028

Horario de atención: lunes a viernes de 8:00 a 20:00

La *Vacuna contra la Fiebre Amarilla* se aplica los días:

Lunes de 14:00 a 15:00

Martes why Miércoles de 11:00 a 12:00

Jueves why Viernes de 15:00 a 16:00

I was in and out in 90 seconds - if there is a line, maybe 10 minutes maximum. Please note the hours above, as the injections are only given for 1 hour per day. An International certificate is provided as well.

The service is 100% FREE!

www.msal.gov.ar/htm/Site/servicios_front.asp

Ben There
11-12-07, 19:23
I'm happy to report on an Argentine government service that works great - if you are in need of a Yellow Fever vaccination.

Avenida Ing. Huergo 690 (very near the restaurants in Puerto Madero, cross street is Chile. Green doors on Chile street side)

I was in and out in 90 seconds - if there is a line, maybe 10 minutes maximum. Please note the hours above, as the injections are only given for 1 hour per day. An International certificate is provided as well.

www.msal.gov.ar/htm/Site/servicios_front.aspWhy do you need it? I am flying up to Iguazu and then into the misiones jungle. I was told I don't need it. Do tell.

BT

El Greco
11-12-07, 19:55
You can also, normally, get one in any international airport.

I had mine, two years ago, in Galeao airport in Rio de Janeiro.

Thanks.

El Greco

Exon123
11-12-07, 20:41

www.msal.gov.ar/htm/Site/servicios_front.aspThis is good to know, now we know at least something works in Argentina.

Exon

Alan23
11-12-07, 23:25
Why do you need it? I am flying up to Iguazu and then into the misiones jungle. I was told I don't need it. Do tell. BTBT,

The certificate is required in order to enter a number of countries in the world. As a matter of interest the CDC recommends a vaccination for the Iguaza area. Since this is considered in the endemic area, you could be denied access into many countries without your certificate.

See sites and maps below for more information.

www.Cdc.Gov/travel/yellowBookCh4-YellowFever.Aspx#669

www.Cdc.Gov/travel/yellowBookCh5-MalariaYellowFeverTable.Aspx

El Greco, at least one country requires the vaccination be accomplished at least 10 days prior to entry

Daddy Rulz
11-13-07, 03:54
Most private Docs won't carry the vaccine, if you anticipate a trip into an area where you may need one get it a couple weeks in advance. I found this out on a trip to Peru.

El Greco
11-13-07, 09:38
BT,

El Greco, at least one country requires the vaccination be accomplished at least 10 days prior to entryI am sorry I did not made it clear. I did not mean to have the vaccination at the airport when entering a country. It is rather late.

I had mine leaving Brasil for Venezuela because as I was told by the staff of Varig they wouldn't allow me to reenter the country without one. I always had one, because of my profession, but it was expired. So I had to redo it.

On another occasion coming to Brasil from Colombia I saw passengers held behind for not having one.

I mentioned airports as an alternative to the downtown office. For me it was always easier to get it there.

It lasts for ten years.

Thanks,

El Greco

Jaimito Cartero
11-13-07, 13:34
I got mine in Ecuador a couple of months ago. (Needed it to get a Brazilian visa, even though I would be entering from the USA) Free there, but $10 for the card.

Bartonsky
11-26-08, 13:30
Are there any other vaccinations besides yellow fever that one need prior to going to South America. I plan on going to Brazil, Arg, Equador, Columbia, Peru.

Thanks