PDA

View Full Version : Getting cash money

Redondo
11-15-07, 01:04
I need to have around 15.000 dollar within a few day.

I do have a master card and a ATM card but with that card I can only pick up 700 dollar a day.

What is the best way to get it quick?

El Queso
11-15-07, 01:20
A friend of mine knows a cambio place on Florida that does money transfers also, I just don't know which one it is. I can't get a hold of him right now to ask him. But he can wire money and pick it up with them.

It seems he told me he had to work it out with them, but I don't remember what the deal is. He talked about going downstairs, not at the regular cash booths. You might try to find a place like this that might accept it.

Redondo
11-15-07, 01:45
A friend of mine knows a cambio place on Florida that does money transfers also, I just don't know which one it is. I can't get a hold of him right now to ask him. But he can wire money and pick it up with them.

It seems he told me he had to work it out with them, but I don't remember what the deal is. He talked about going downstairs, not at the regular cash booths. You might try to find a place like this that might accept it.I heard many people use banco Piano does it but can you send me a PM or respond to this thread with the name?

Exon123
11-15-07, 15:35

It seems he told me he had to work it out with them, but I don't remember what the deal is. He talked about going downstairs, not at the regular cash booths. You might try to find a place like this that might accept it.What a great way to transfer large sum's of money around. On the advice of complete strangers using code names on a ***** Mongers board in a foreign country. A country not exactly famious for its credit worthyness at that.

Now as smart as I am, why didn't Exon think of that.

Have you thought of contacting your own bank, you dumb shit, and asking them for a corresponding bank in Argentina.

Exon

Jaimito Cartero
11-15-07, 16:47
What a great way to transfer large sum's of money around. On the advise of complete strangers useing code names on a ***** Mongers board in a foreign country. A country not exactly famious for its credit worthyness at that.

Have you thought of contacting your own bank, you dumb shit, and asking them for a corresponding bank in Argentina.Another classic helpful Exon post. First of all, I don't consider 15k to be a large sum of money. Second, I've gotten some very good advice on ISG and AP. Your disdain for other AP members is always evident, and I really wonder why you waste your time here? Your whole flyfishing episode and constant berating of other members only drives people away from participating in the forum.

Jackson
11-15-07, 17:14

It seems he told me he had to work it out with them, but I don't remember what the deal is. He talked about going downstairs, not at the regular cash booths. You might try to find a place like this that might accept it.Greetings Everyone,

Most larger, established money exchange houses in the Microcenter offer this service. In fact, this is how I get my monthly transfer of funds for living expenses, and I can tell you that on the days that I go to get my transfer I will sit in the waiting room with dozens of individuals (mostly Chinese) doing exactly the same thing. Thus I can attest from experience that it's not some shady, back-alley service.

I would suggest that anyone wishing to establish this sort of service for themselves should simply walk into any one of the big exchange places on Sarimento and tell them that you live here and that you want to "open a file" for the purpose of receiving wire transfers on a regular basis.

The process is relatively standard. When you open you file, they give you an instruction sheet with the account number into which you would transfer the funds. You effect the wire transfer at your convenience by whatever method your own bank has established. A couple of days later you go to the money exchange and tell them that you're there to pickup a wire transfer. Usually they will take your name and ask to to have a seat until they call you, upon which you are generally called into a small room where their agent looks up your transfer on their computer, verifies that it's been received by them, checks your ID and then gives you the cash.

The fee for this service will vary, but you can expect to pay anywhere from 1-2%, plus whatever your own bank charges for initiating the wire transfer. Of course your cost calculations must include the exchange rate that you receive in the currency conversion in addition ot the fee. However, I have generally been pleased to receive an exchange rate that is a couple of points higher than the posted rate (For example, if the posted rate is 3.12, I might actually receive 3.15)

By my own observations, this procedure is performed several hundred times a day at the one service I use, so I think it's safe to multiply that by several dozen major money exchange houses in the area to conclude that it's a common practice.

Thanks,

Jackson

Jackson
11-15-07, 17:30
What a great way to transfer large sum's of money around. On the advice of complete strangers using code names on a ***** Mongers board in a foreign country. A country not exactly famious for its credit worthyness at that.

Have you thought of contacting your own bank, you dumb shit, and asking them for a corresponding bank in Argentina.

ExonHi Exon,

Regrettably, I must agree with J. C. on this. You have once again shown your ass by postulating a opinion on a subject that you know nothing about.

My friend, if you don't have anything positive to say, then please don't say anything.

Thanks,

Jackson

El Queso
11-15-07, 18:23
Yeah to be honest, I'm a bit surprised at the vehemence of the response from Exon. I didn't find Redondo's question in the slightest idiotic, nor my response, and truly resent the flame that the discussion prompted.

Monger514
11-17-07, 21:02
I need to have around 15.000 dollar within a few day. What is the best way to get it quick?Man, that's some expensive pussy.

Redondo
11-17-07, 21:32
Man, that's some expensive pussy.Indeed it is.

Jackson, can you give me the contact you use?

Exon123
11-18-07, 12:26
Hi Exon,

Regrettably, I must agree with J. C. On this. You have once again shown your ass by postulating a opinion on a subject that you know nothing about.

My friend, if you don't have anything positive to say, then please don't say anything.

Thanks,

JacksonFirst.

In answer to J. C. Below and Jackson the above. On the planet I live on $15,000 dollars in cash I consider a lot of money.

Second.

There would be no way I'd ever have personal posession of that much cash in Argentina.

All big International Back's have corresponding Banks. Any transaction of that size I'd make threw wire transfer's or posted letters of credit. I'm not going to sit in some private little "Cubbie Hole" and have someone count out $15,000 USD in Peso's and walk out the door with the money. (which I was forced to do once, if you remember Jackson)

Any business transaction I'd make would have accountability. One Bank to another Bank to the Payee with all closing documentation right up front on the table. If the payee wanted cash, fine have him request it from the Bank, that would not be my concern. I'd never under any circumstance's touch one peso of the money.

Exon.

And I'm not posting any fly fishing stories

Pete Puma
11-18-07, 21:05
No fly fishing stories. GOOD!

Jackson
11-19-07, 15:34
Indeed it is.

Jackson, can you give me the contact you use?Hi Redondo,

No. For security reasons, I'm not going to publically post the name of the exchange house I use.

Thanks,

Jackson

Jackson
11-19-07, 15:56
First.

In answer to J. C. Below and Jackson the above. On the planet I live on $15,000 dollars in cash I consider a lot of money.

Second.

There would be no way I'd ever have personal posession of that much cash in Argentina.

All big International Back's have corresponding Banks. Any transaction of that size I'd make threw wire transfer's or posted letters of credit. I'm not going to sit in some private little "Cubbie Hole" and have someone count out $15,000 USD in Peso's and walk out the door with the money. (which I was forced to do once, if you remember Jackson)

Any business transaction I'd make would have accountability. One Bank to another Bank to the Payee with all closing documentation right up front on the table. If the payee wanted cash, fine have him request it from the Bank, that would not be my concern. I'd never under any circumstance's touch one peso of the money.

Exon.

And I'm not posting any fly fishing storiesExon,

Once again you are showing your ass in public.

First, I can't believe that a grown man is too afraid to carry a lousy 15k in his pocket. In 100 dollar bills, it's a stack that isn't even 5/8's of a inch thick.

Second, the wire transactions that I described are wire transactions directly from your bank to their corresponding bank here. The instruction sheet they give you lists everybody's physical addresses and SWIFT numbers.

Third, their building is a modern facility which the exchange house owns and who's 5 floors are entirely occupied by their operations. There is a uniformed PFA police officer on guard in the lobby at all times. After entering the lobby where the public cash exchange windows are located, you must state your business to the receptionist, who will log your name into the computer, give you a pass card and buzz you through a second security door. Yes, you do go down the stairs, to a large, well lit room with approximately 6 offices along one side. When your name is called, their employee will invite you into one of the offices where you will complete your transaction.

Fourth, in this hypothetical situation you describe wherein you would make the cash conversion your recipient's problem: Exactly how are you going to accomplish this? I mean, if you need to pay some Argentino this money, what is your plan? There you sit, inside the exchange house with the cash on the table, and your Argentine friend is waiting is his own office across town, so what do you do? Just sit there like a dumb ass looking at the cash and saying to your self "I'll just wait here looking at the cash until my friend magically comes here and picks it up off the table for me"?

All these visits to Argentina, and you still haven't figured it out.

Thanks,

Jackson.

BTW, I don't think you have any fishing stories, it's just more Exon BS. Instead of "sperm management", why don't you exercise some "hot air" management instead?

Boss Man
11-19-07, 17:05
You can always rent one of those big yellow PROSEGUR armored vehicles that come with 2-3 armed guards. They charge depending on the amount of money being transfered but it usually costs anywhere from $100-200 US.
First, I can't believe that a grown man is too afraid to carry a lousy 15k in his pocket. In 100 dollar bills, it's a stack that isn't even 5/8's of a inch thick.

Exon123
11-19-07, 18:04
Exon,

Once again you are showing your ass in public.

Second, the wire transactions that I described are wire transactions directly from your bank to their corresponding bank here. The instruction sheet they give you lists everybody's physical addresses and SWIFT numbers.

Third, their building is a modern facility which the exchange house owns and who's 5 floors are entirely occupied by their operations. There is a uniformed PFA police officer on guard in the lobby at all times. After entering the lobby where the public cash exchange windows are located, you must state your business to the receptionist, who will log your name into the computer, give you a pass card and buzz you through a second security door. Yes, you do go down the stairs, to a large, well lit room with approximately 6 offices along one side. When your name is called, their employee will invite you into one of the offices where you will complete your transaction.

Fourth, in this hypothetical situation you describe wherein you would make the cash conversion your recipient's problem: Exactly how are you going to accomplish this? I mean, if you need to pay some Argentino this money, what is your plan? There you sit, inside the exchange house with the cash on the table, and your Argentine friend is waiting is his own office across town, so what do you do? Just sit there like a dumb ass looking at the cash and saying to your self "I'll just wait here looking at the cash until my friend magically comes here and picks it up off the table for me"?

All these visits to Argentina, and you still haven't figured it out.

Thanks,

Jackson.

BTW, I don't think you have any fishing stories, it's just more Exon BS. Instead of "sperm management", why don't you exercise some "hot air" management instead?Jackson,

I'd have the Argentine "MotherFucker" go down there and get his own fucking money. Or he could have it transfered to his own bank account. I wouldn't care since I'd have already made arrangements for that.

Exon

Redondo
11-20-07, 00:43
Hi Redondo,

No. For security reasons, I'm not going to publically post the name of the exchange house I use.

Thanks,

JacksonCan you send me an pm or email g r a n a d a I s c o o l @ h o t m a I l. C o m.

Today my problem was that they won't / can't transfer the money because it's for personal expenses.

I for one don't like at the exchange office that everybody can see you do the transaction, but that does not make me scared.

ComeOnDown
12-12-07, 02:15
Not really sure if this info belongs to this thread.

I needed some chinese condiments for a dish I'm cooking so I went to chinatown to buy them. There is big supermercado at corner of Mendoza and Arribeņos street that I went into. Out of curiosity I asked them if I can pay in US$. A man who I presume is the owner gave the go signal to the cashier. Afterwards, he asked me if I wanted to change US$ to Pesos. I asked what the exchange rate is and to my surprise he quoted the selling instead of the buying rate. Compared to the rates at the exchange offices in Florida St. US$ 1 = P 3.15 (11 December 2007 rate) is not bad at all.