PDA

View Full Version : Western union

Redondo
11-19-07, 12:05
If you send 5000 euro by Western Union, can you pick it up straight away?

Boss Man
11-19-07, 12:26
If you send 5000 euro by Western Union, can you pick it up straight away? No you can't. Now call Western Union and find out why all by yourself and report back the answer. You already live here, there is no reason for you to be soo lazy and soo uninformative.

Regards

Redondo
11-19-07, 12:47
NO you can't. Now call western union and find out why all by yourself and report back the answer. You already live here, there is no reason for you to be soo lazy and soo uninformative.

Regards,I already did but I trust the opinion of members on this board that used the service than Argentines.

El Queso
11-19-07, 14:31
I think you're limited to $2K on WU if I remember correctly, and it will cost you quite a bit to send it (arounf $150 or more, don't remember exactly) if you use the "Send in Miuntes" option, but you can pick it up in minutes and it works fine. Send it via normal is something like 3-5 business days I think, and may cost you less, but I don't know.

Boss Man
11-19-07, 14:41
I think you're limited to $2K on WU if I remember correctly, and it will cost you quite a bit to send it (arounf $150 or more, don't remember exactly) if you use the "Send in Miuntes" option, but you can pick it up in minutes and it works fine. Send it via normal is something like 3-5 business days I think, and may cost you less, but I don't know.The argentine govt limits the amount a single person can receive through money gram or western union to 3000 a month.

Redondo
11-20-07, 00:47
The argentine govt limits the amount a single person can receive through money gram or western union to 3000 a month.They said to me when I changed 14k in peso to euro's that I can't do another transaction this month.

Is this the same law?

If it is it does really suck

Redondo
11-20-07, 01:04
http://www.westernunion.com/info/osMoneyTransfer.asp?country=AR

Here they say 7500 dollar. It seems accurate but can anybody confirm this?

Could I get into trouble if I already changed 3000 euro's this month?

Thomaso276
11-20-07, 02:41
I remember some time ago there was a monthly limit on foreigners changing money - the legit change house would track it thru your passport number, I think it was 10g monthly US but cannot swear to it.

Maybe you should search the web for specifics as I am sure there is info in spanish out there.

Boss Man
11-20-07, 03:57
You won't know until you go to pick up the money. It is obvious you are getting conflicting opinions online. Go and pick up the money and report back your findings.

Redondo
11-20-07, 11:41
I basicially need people who used the service.

El Aleman
11-20-07, 12:23
For several days you have been asking how to get cash into Argentina, and you have been provided with several answers. You started by needing USD 15000, and went down in a few steps to € 5000.

In the time you wasted since your first inquiry, cou could easily have done your own footwork, and find out by talking to the various providers of such services, and you even could have written a detailed report about it. This did not happen, instead you go on and on. This is a very safe way to ensure that nobody on this board will give away any informantion any more.

I highly suggest you start solving your problems, and leaving the rest of the world in peace.

2 centavos, freely brought into Argentina, from.

El Alemán

Redondo
11-20-07, 14:31
for several days you have been asking how to get cash into Argentina, and you have been provided with several answers. You started by needing USD 15000, and went down in a few steps to € 5000.

In the time you wasted since your first inquiry, cou could easily have done your own footwork, and find out by talking to the various providers of such services, and you even could have written a detailed report about it. This did not happen, instead you go on and on. This is a very safe way to ensure that nobody on this board will give away any informantion any more.

I highly suggest you start solving your problems, and leaving the rest of the world in peace.

2 centavos, freely brought into Argentina, from.

El AlemánI did go to various places, including the one you recomended me.

And if it takes longer, I can pick up cash every day through the ATM. Right now I need around 4000 euro.

ComeOnDown
02-21-08, 00:53
For frequent users of Western Union Services, you may wish to apply for their card. It is not a credit card, its a card which simply electronically puts all your pertinent ID information in its electronic strip.

It helps because whenever there is a long queue, a lady will ask those in line if anybody has the WU card. If you have one, then you pass the other people in and you get to the front of the line. It also saves you time because sometimes the teller will no longer require you to fill up the forms.

The girl by the door (Ave. Cordoba Branch) is in charge of this will give you the forms needed to apply for the card.