PDA

View Full Version : Planning BsAs watercolor painting trip in March 08

Nine Deholio
12-01-07, 04:05
Semi newbie. Mi español es mínima. I am staying for a month (I think) starting March 1. Would be great to occasionally hang out for meals etc. Not into club / drinkin scene anymore. Haven't rented apt yet so location still TBD. Also considering Mar del Plata trip to break up the month. Any one else out there do watercolors?

If nothing else exchange notes on privados. Could be wingman. Always nice to have your back covered.

Hope this is posted in right spot. Good luck. Nine

Booka
12-01-07, 11:21
Water Cooler painting!

I thought, that sounds like a job I can do. Then I thought is a water cooler what sits on top of all the buildings here (bombas or something)

Then I reread it and saw water colors.

I may be here in March if I crack this code I am working on for the next (let's see 30 minus 1. 29 days. If I do crack it it is gonna make some people mad but most important people will be happy.

Talk to you later,

Booka

Iguacu
12-22-07, 21:19
I had such a fabulous time in Argentina last November mostly thanks to this web site and its helpful members.

My spanish improved dramatically ;-) A "nice" chica in Bs.As. is cheaper and much more versatile than a spanish teacher back home. I am going back for the whole month of March with my wife for a "castellano immersion program". And she is going to let me go out "once or twice" a week for field trips ;-)

Nine Deholio
01-15-08, 03:37
Iguacu: Thx for replying. As the time approaches why don't we PM and stay in communication. Maybe by end of January I will have my tutor / guide lined up.

If nothing else we can enjoy some coffee on the corner at Exedra. Thx Nine

TejanoLibre
01-15-08, 22:12
Just saw a kid on Florida street selling some of the best water colors I have ever seen!

Not the type of artwork or subject matter that I prefer but a very talented kid.

Anyway, come on down and join me for a beer at my resto-bar next to Excedra and we can go over a few pointers, etc.

BA has some of the most beautiful buildings in this part of the world. Second to none!

I have been a painter for my entire life but water colors have always been my weakspot!

Take care,

Ramiro.

Lálliance.

Cordoba 945

4 328 3174

Nine Deholio
01-21-08, 03:22
Ramiro; I would really enjoy spending sometime painting in BsAs. I was totally captivated by city. Add tango to it and I was awestruck. I'll get with the ticket program this week. Have heard nothing but great things about Lálliance.

Maybe sooner than later. There is a yoga event in Feb. That has my attention.

More later Nine