PDA

View Full Version : Mayweather V. Hatton Tonight

Rock Harders
12-08-07, 12:19
Mongers,

For the boxing fans among us, El Alamo will be showing the Floyd Mayweather v. Ricky Hatton fight tonight live via satellite on HBO PPV. Both fighters are undefeated and the fight is for the World Welterweight (147lbs) Championship.

Suerte,

Dirk Diggler

Precocious One
12-08-07, 13:11
Mongers-

For the boxing fans among us, El Alamo will be showing the Floyd Mayweather v. Ricky Hatton fight tonight live via satellite on HBO PPV. Both fighters are undefeated and the fight is for the World Welterweight (147lbs) Championship.

Suerte,

Dirk DigglerIf Mayweather trained for the fight and has taken Hatton seriously, the Hitman has little if any chance. A Jr. Welter going against a full-fledged welter who recently had no problems with a legitimate jr. Middle (Hoya)

I think Hatton will get stopped on cuts. For the record, Hopkins is picking Hatton because he believes that Floyd has little incentive, may not be motivated for this fight and does not view Ricky as a threat.

El Perro
12-08-07, 13:38
If Mayweather trained for the fight and has taken Hatton seriously, the Hitman has little if any chance. A jr. Welter going against a full-fledged welter who recently had no problems with a legitimate jr. Middle (Hoya)

I think Hatton will get stopped on cuts. For the record, Hopkins is picking Hatton because he believes that Floyd has little incentive, may not be motivated for this fight and does not view Ricky as a threat.I'd like to be there to take it in. I agree with P One. It's always tough to tell when an unbeatable champ starts to lose his edge (Tyson in Tokyo) but Mayweather doesn't look to be there yet. That said, I don't think the De la Hoya fight tells much. Oscar just ain't as fast as he once was. If Hatton has more speed than I think he does, he could be trouble. Most likely he'll end up looking like Gatti.

Flexible Horn
12-08-07, 17:43
I'm a big Hatton fan and I would love to see an upset, Mayweather is a great boxer you don't win 5 world titles at different weights and not be a true world class boxer.

If Hatton does lose it will only be on points, he has trained 14 weeks for this fight, lost 40LB and looks at his very best. I think / hope it lives up to all the expectation's.

Hatton's fans all 25,000 who have travelled to Las Vegas (5000) with tickets will make the atmosphere incredible.

As for the result my head tells me one thing and my heart another, I have had a little wager on my countryman lets hope it's a classic!

El Perro
12-08-07, 19:43
I'm a big Hatton fan and I would love to see an upset, Mayweather is a great boxer you don't win 5 world titles at different weights and not be a true world class boxer.

If Hatton does lose it will only be on points, he has trained 14 weeks for this fight, lost 40LB and looks at his very best. I think / hope it lives up to all the expectation's.

Hatton's fans all 25,000 who have travelled to Las Vegas (5000) with tickets will make the atmosphere incredible.

As for the result my head tells me one thing and my heart another, I have had a little wager on my countryman lets hope it's a classic!Good luck FH! I think it will be Mayweather, but I hope I am wrong. A Hatton win would be a win for boxing.

Jackpot
12-08-07, 20:17
The Precosious One is probably on the money. Floyd's quick hands will cut hatton. Hatton will try to brawl and will be chasing Floyd around the ring.

This may be his downfall.

I hope it goes to a decision and actually want Hatton to win *Yo Dogg *.

This may be the fight of the century. Get your money down!

Jackpot

El Perro
12-09-07, 04:23
Hatton gave it a go, but Pretty Boy caught him with one of the few decent left hooks he threw all night. Queer street.