PDA

View Full Version : Cafe Exedra has been sold!

TejanoLibre
01-11-08, 21:44
The word on the street is that Excedra has been sold and that they will no longer have chicas on the menu!

3.5 million U. S dollars. Killer spot but only for what it is. Take away the girls and you will lose every fucking penny in!

Is the guy a fucking Mormon! Moron! HOLY SHIT BATMAN!

The food is terrible and expensive. Shit; what's a poor monger to do?

Anybody know anything?

P. S - I heard that Hilda is running the bathroom at Hippo's! Whtat's going on here boys?

Take it,

Tejano Libre

Exon123
01-11-08, 21:58
Cafe Excedra will be worthless without the Chica's. Where must be some mistake.

Exon

Punter 127
01-11-08, 23:26
If it’s true it will surely be the end of an era, :( but the law of supply and demand says another place will take up the slack.

If not we could all go the Dominican Republic with Sid. :eek:

BadMan
01-11-08, 23:53
WOW, That is a great idea. It could be something TL might want to think about. Amazing food at great prices and hot chicas. This could become a weekly hang out if you can get hot girls.
Cheap food for the ho's. Free beer for the Ho's (a la Alamo) It could work. Think of the revenue Exedra generates! Mucho could flow to your place. Great food, ho's, what a combo. Mucho men will visit!Too bad for Exedra though.

Pete Puma
01-12-08, 00:52
The girls will end up somewhere. Someone in town needs to do a little leg work and find out where they are.

Happy hunting!

El Perro
01-12-08, 01:24
A crying shame. The place is unique because of the wrap around glass. Not easily replaceable. A helluva location, not far from many major mongering spots. Even without gatos it would still be a good place to talk shop or whatever. I hope this turns out to be a big false alarm. I may never see Jackpot again.:(

Monger514
01-12-08, 01:38
I'm in shock.

Jackson, go buy a cafe.

Seriously, somebody do something!

TejanoLibre
01-14-08, 19:01
Some girls will cross the street and hang at La Madelaine but the place has limited tables and will not tolerate the hookers that are aggressive or obviously working.

I am very interested in hand selecting the best girls and bringing them over to Lálliance and using the upstairs salon as a lounge, etc.

Anybody have any interest? Partners to be had?

Take Care,

TL.

WOW, That is a great idea. It could be something TL might want to think about. Amazing food at great prices and hot chicas. This could become a weekly hang out if you can get hot girls. Too bad for Exedra though.

Daddy Rulz
01-14-08, 22:12
If you notice a lot of the Argentine guys have the chicas meet them at the cab and don't walk out with them, like at Orleans where they meet you around the corner. As far as concealing your activities it's like using fishnets for a condom, you can claim protection but it doesn't really do anything. It's one of the wacky things about the culture, appearances are more important than facts. If you use the upstairs and the guys have to walk out with the girls through the restaurant I don't think you will get much of a local crowd. Though they might just do what happens at Orleans and meet them at the curb.

I have a hard time believing Exedra will change but Bar Iberia did that very thing.

Some girls will cross the street and hang at La Madelaine but the place has limited tables and will not tolerate the hookers that are aggressive or obviously working.

I am very interested in hand selecting the best girls and bringing them over to Lálliance and using the upstairs salon as a lounge, etc.

Anybody have any interest? Partners to be had?

Take Care,

TL.

Jaimito Cartero
01-15-08, 01:23
Anybody have any interest? Partners to be had?I'll help you test drive them! :)

I'm sure that a lot of us would hang out if there were some nice chicas there. The big problem I see is that you don't have a non-smoking area. I actually enjoy not having to inhale smoke inside, but I know many mongers and lots of the chicas are addicts.

Punter 127
01-15-08, 01:47
I have to go along with Daddy Rulz on this one, not only is the upstairs thing a problem but the overall size of Lálliance may be a problem. You also may want to talk to Peter at la Alamo, I think they kicked around having chicas at one time but backed out after checking into it, I ’m not sure why.

El Perro
01-15-08, 02:08
Right. It won't happen like at Exedra. There ain't no outdoors! Having the outdoors area solves alot of potential problems, including smoking issues and for some it helps with the "appearences" issue. Tejano would have more problems than he wants anyway. His wife would probably bust his ass four ways from Sunday.

Stowe
01-15-08, 03:27
As far as concealing your activities it's like using fishnets for a condomWhat's wrong with using fishnets for condoms-although being a bit too big (even for me-jaja) they are comfortable?

Also, I am a cheap bastard and re-use my condoms. Of course, I wash them out first!

Visualize that!

Suerte.

Stowe

Daddy Rulz
01-15-08, 06:19
What's wrong with using fishnets for condoms-although being a bit too big (even for me-jaja) they are comfortable?

Also, I am a cheap bastard and re-use my condoms. Of course, I wash them out first!

Visualize that!

Suerte.

StoweSick, sick, sick twisted fuck. No doubt about it!

Aqualung
01-15-08, 10:19
The problems with the law makes having chics on your premises an expensive addition. Permits must be had, payments made, no minors allowed (either chicas or clients) etc. Then you have the local comisaría, the morality division and whatever municipal or state office that has anything remotely to do with it breathing down your neck! What goes on at Exedra can technically be considered soliciting in a public place so the girls have to meet the guys off the property so if taken to court about it, the owner can always say that nothing happens at his bar and whatever the girls / clients do once they leave is not his responsibility. A weak excuse but better than nothing!

For this reason really very few bars want chicas working there. It's just too damn expensive and complicated. Notice how no girls are allowed to work at hotel bars!

Tejano, expand your business in other ways. Adding chicas will only complicate your life!

TejanoLibre
01-16-08, 22:22
I have heard numerous rumors concerning Excedra.

That it has been sold to Round Point. May become a trendy resto-bar if that is the case. A car dealership / bar / resto is what I think that would be. Like the Ferrari, Audi or Cooper bars on Libertador. Stupid gimmick in my opinion.

That it will be open till 2 p.m only. NO HOS!

What else? Banco de la Nacion. Maybe? Don't think so though.

Grocery store. Chinese.

MONEY LAUNDERING LOCATION. More believable!

Who knows? Feb. 18th. Seems to be the day that that I last heard.

We shall see.

By the way, I fully appreciate everyone's opinions concerning some of my ideas with Lálliance and I welcome them all. Keep them coming please!

Take Care,

Ramiro

Punter 127
01-28-08, 12:05
Last night (Sunday) a chica told me "only four more days for Exedra". She could not or would not provided more details, but she was very upset about it.

I suspect many of the Exedra chicas will end up as street walkers.

Monster
01-28-08, 15:32
S from what I gather, Excedra is a bar where you can pick up street walkers? No offense, but this doesn't sound like some great loss. I am sure there are plenty more in Argentina.

Punter 127
01-28-08, 15:40
So from what I gather, Excedra is a bar where you can pick up street walkers? No offense, but this doesn't sound like some great loss. I am sure there are plenty more in Argentina.It is a coffee shop not a bar, and no offense but "Exedra" has no "C".

Exedra has been a meeting place for many monger for many years, and it will be missed by many.

Monster
01-28-08, 15:54
I simply read the spelling on the thread topic.

I hope you find a replacement by the time I arrive. It sounds like it was a fun place.

Punter 127
01-28-08, 16:32
I simply read the spelling on the thread topic. I know Tejano Libre mis spelled it as well when he started the thread.

El Perro
01-28-08, 16:37
so from what I gather, excedra is a bar where you can pick up street walkers? No offense, but this doesn't sound like some great loss. I am sure there are plenty more in Argentina.Who is this fucking idiot? Redondo's brother?

Monster
01-28-08, 16:54
My apologies for the mispelling.

And to dogboy, I do not know what your problem is but I just typed my opinion in a respectful manner. You are the one acting like an idiot. I will be in Argentine in two weeks. And I seriously hope people down there are nicer than you appear to be.

Monger514
01-28-08, 17:22
my apologies for the mispelling.

And to dogboy, I do not know what your problem is but I just typed my opinion in a respectful manner. You are the one acting like an idiot. I will be in Argentine in two weeks. And I seriously hope people down there are nicer than you appear to be.I usually wince a little when I see forum veterans come down on newbies, but when you said.

So from what I gather, excedra is a bar where you can pick up street walkers? No offense, but this doesn't sound like some great loss. I am sure there are plenty more in Argentina.I think you made every single member of the board sigh, groan, laugh, or want to strangle you. You really should read just a little bit before you say something like that, it really did come off as ignorant and perhaps even offensive. Nothing personal, but just so you know why DB reacted the way he did.

Monster
01-28-08, 17:43
My intention was not to offend. I was just wondering what all the hoopla was about.

El Perro
01-28-08, 17:51
my intention was not to offend. I was just wondering what all the hoopla was about.Nice explanation by Monger514. Monster-do yourself a favor and wait until you get to Buenos Aires before you start offering opinions on cafes, illegalities and such. IMHO anybody who launches into multi critiques / comments about people and a place before they get to that place has earned a blunt rebuke. I stand by that. Control your excitement. You'll be here soon enough.

Jackson
01-28-08, 17:58
Last night (Sunday) a chica told me "only four more days for Exedra". She could not or would not provided more details, but she was very upset about it.Can anyone explain why it is that all the people associated with Exedra (waiters, girls, patrons) are so hesitant about divulging what is going on there? With the way you have to pry any info out of them, you would think that they're being asked to reveal state secrets.

Why all the secrecy?

Why are people afraid to speak?

Why doesn't the management of Exedra just post an announcement advising everyone of their upcoming closure?

Is this some mysterious part of Argentine society that we don't understand?

Am I missing something?

Thanks,

Jackson

Pete Puma
01-28-08, 18:03
Don't worry about it Monster. There are people here like Doggboy who think they know everything and flame people instead of explaining things. Same with 127 he get on you about spelling but says nothing to libre about the spelling in the thread. It is just more "old man rage". Ignore it and have a great time in BA.

BadMan
01-28-08, 18:08
I never cared much for the place but some of the old timers seem to love it. I am just wondering what they are going to do with the locale. The location is pretty nice. I am thinking classy restaurant.

You didn't offend anyone Monster, some dudes on here just like talking shit to newbies. Happens all the time. Keep posting, and when you get into town, be sure to post reviews.

Regards,

BM.

MCSE
01-28-08, 18:21
Hi Jackson,

Let me add a common practice is to put a sign with "cerrado por remodelaciones" ("closed for renovation") for a few days to make people to believe they are not out of the business, they are improving it. This least for few days or weeks, then you'll see a "for rent" sign.

I also think it's a dumb practice, I've also thought they use this strategy to operate a negotiation with the owners regarding the rentals (in the menctioned cases, when they get out of business because the rental increases) But I'm still not sure about it. Another possibility it's "show must go on" policy.

Can anyone explain why it is that all the people associated with Exedra (waiters, girls, patrons) are so hesitant about divulging what is going on there? With the way you have to pry any info out of them, you would think that they're being asked to reveal state secrets.

Why all the secrecy?

Why doesn't the management of Exedra just post an announcement advising everyone of their upcoming closure?

Am I missing something?

Thanks,

Jackson

El Perro
01-28-08, 18:57
You didn't offend anyone Monster, some dudes on here just like talking shit to newbies.

Regards,

BM.I don't make a habit of jumping on newbies unless they earn it. You can suck up to 'em all you like.

BadMan
01-28-08, 19:37
Dogg,

I didn't single you out in particular, though the scenario is always the same. New guy joins the forum, makes a couple comments or asks a couple questions and within no time, the old timers jump on him, call him a " cocksucker " " motherfucker " " fucking idiot " etc.

And by the time they get here, they are so tired of all the name calling, they generally don'tt post. I would like that to change.

Name calling doesn't benefit anyone on the forum.

Regards,

BM.

I don't make a habit of jumping on newbies unless they earn it. You can suck up to 'em all you like.

El Perro
01-28-08, 19:50
Dogg,

I didn't single you out in particular, though the scenario is always the same. New guy joins the forum, makes a couple comments or asks a couple questions and within no time, the old timers jump on him, call him a " cocksucker " " motherfucker " " fucking idiot " etc.

And by the time they get here, they are so tired of all the name calling, they generally don'tt post. I would like that to change.

Name calling doesn't benefit anyone on the forum.

Regards,

BM.Bad,

Seeing as how I'm the guy who called him a fucking idiot, yeah, I was singled out. As I stated, I don't give newbies shit as a matter of course. I try to keep my powder dry for the obvious irritants among them. I am uninterested in any sort of debate about the possibility that stoning some of 'em keeps them from posting. I doubt that, but it is possible. That said, I will send you a shiny new dime for each and every worthwhile post from this Monster fellow. Judging from the number of his posts today on topics various and sundry, you stand a chance to make maybe 10 cents.:)

Cheers-Dogg

BadMan
01-28-08, 20:00
I am guessing Mexico really sucks right about now.

Take it easy,

BM.

El Perro
01-28-08, 20:03
I am guessing Mexico really sucks right about now.

Take it easy,

BM.Right you are. Don't be stealing my diagnostic thunder.;)

Monger514
01-28-08, 20:38
I would not be surprised if Monster in in fact our old friend KOS, or a similar serial antagonizer.

Punter 127
01-28-08, 21:55
I would not be surprised if Monster in in fact our old friend KOS, or a similar serial antagoinzer.That would not surprise me at all, but I had a different name in mind. Perhaps someone who was right in the middle of the shit.:eek:

Pete Puma
01-28-08, 22:31
It is always nice to see someone come to the defense of another. Dogg should just admit he was wrong to attack someone because he did not like what someone said. 123,127 and Dogg need to chill out and take a pill.

Aqualung
01-28-08, 22:54
Can anyone explain why it is that all the people associated with Exedra (waiters, girls, patrons) are so hesitant about divulging what is going on there? With the way you have to pry any info out of them, you would think that they're being asked to reveal state secrets.

Why all the secrecy?

Am I missing something?

Thanks,

JacksonOne of the main reasons is to keep the employees uncertain of what's going on till the last moment so they keep coming to work daily and not start helping themselves to merchandise or causing riots and getting the union in to take over the place etc. The usual practice is to tell them the last evening they need not come back the next day. There are the settlements with the workers (indemnización) to work out which are much easier with the shop closed than if the union has taken it over and is strong arming the owners.

Then you have to consider the providers of merchandises etc. They will be reluctant to deliver on credit if they believe the company isn't going to be there next week.

And there are a hundred other reasons, most of them may not make a lot of sense today but they are ingrained into the collective memory. This is Argentina and it's the way they do things and it'll take a lot more than two or three years living here to understand the mysterious way the society works.;)

MCSE
01-29-08, 01:13
Those are pretty good reasons Aqualung.

Thanks!

Daddy Rulz
01-29-08, 04:25
And there are a hundred other reasons, most of them may not make a lot of sense today but they are ingrained into the collective memory. This is Argentina and it's the way they do things and it'll take a lot more than two or three years living here to understand the mysterious way the society works.;)As I understand it if somebody can screw you they do screw you. I think the lack of civil redress makes life more interesting there. I never fail to be amazed at the out and out scams that go on down there. I think in another 20 or 30 years I'll have a handle on it. Please don't take offense, I mean it when I say I find it more interesting there.

Jaimito Cartero
01-29-08, 05:20
Seems like January 31st, would be a good last day. I imagine that lots of chicas will be figuring out new places to hang out soon enough.

Aqualung
01-29-08, 12:33
As I understand it if somebody can screw you they do screw you. I think the lack of civil redress makes life more interesting there. I never fail to be amazed at the out and out scams that go on down there. I think in another 20 or 30 years I'll have a handle on it. Please don't take offense, I mean it when I say I find it more interesting there.I remember someone telling me once that if a new law comes out (about whatever) the first thing everyone does is search for the loopholes. It's a national sport!

But as you say, it has been damn interesting living here!;)

Jackson
01-29-08, 13:25
As I understand it if somebody can screw you they do screw you. I think the lack of civil redress makes life more interesting there. I never fail to be amazed at the out and out scams that go on down there. I think in another 20 or 30 years I'll have a handle on it. Please don't take offense, I mean it when I say I find it more interesting there.To Argentinos, the customer is a big pussy waiting to be fucked.

Aqualung
01-29-08, 13:50
To Argentinos, the customer is a big pussy waiting to be fucked.I think in this case the customer is the one least likely to get fucked. It's going to be the employees and the providers!

Jackson
01-29-08, 14:21
I never cared much for the place but some of the old timers seem to love it. I am just wondering what they are going to do with the locale. The location is pretty nice. I am thinking classy restaurant.

You didn't offend anyone Monster, some dudes on here just like talking shit to newbies. Happens all the time. Keep posting, and when you get into town, be sure to post reviews.

Regards,

BM.BadMan,

With all due respect, you're misreading this guy. Moderate people just don't just careen into a new forum, crashing about like a bull in a china shop, and start challenging people and offering opinions on numerous topics in which they have no actual knowledge. Believe me, this guy has an agenda.

My guess is that he's an RSA (Reincarnated Serial Antagonist) but we'll wait and see.

Thanks,

Jackson

Daddy Rulz
01-29-08, 14:46
I remember someone telling me once that if a new law comes out (about whatever) the first thing everyone does is search for the loopholes. It's a national sport!

But as you say, it has been damn interesting living here!;)Hecho la le, hecho la trampa.

El Perro
01-29-08, 14:50
BadMan,

With all due respect, you're misreading this guy. Moderate people just don't just careen into a new forum, crashing about like a bull in a china shop, and start challenging people and offering opinions on numerous topics in which they have no actual knowledge. Believe me, this guy has an agenda.

My guess is that he's an RSA (Reincarnated Serial Antagonist) but we'll wait and see.

Thanks,

JacksonHe reminds me a little of Goblin. Not saying that he is Goblin, but there is a resemblance. Note that it didn't take him long to find MCSE and start moralizing (a la Goblin) My guess is that he's probably not even coming to BA (note lack of any specifics in his report about that and a dearth of newbie questions) Also, I doubt if he has ever been to the DR. He's just interested in creating trouble and drawing attention to himself.

Jackson
01-29-08, 14:57
I think in this case the customer is the one least likely to get fucked. It's going to be the employees and the providers!Hi Aqualung,

I don't understand this statement.

1. How are the employees getting fucked? They had good jobs for who knows how many years, but now the owner of the business has decided to close it, which is his right. So the employees will collect their VERY GENEROUS severance pay and then move on to new jobs.

2. How are the providers getting fucked? In reality, the providers are just customers. However, the owner of the business has decided to close it, which is his right. So the providers will move on to other venues.

BTW, my earlier comments were in response to Daddy Rulz's comments, which made no reference to Exedra.

Thanks,

Jackson

BadMan
01-29-08, 15:16
Seriously.

Regardless what anyone says, I think people on this forum use to moniker "antagonist" to justify their own antagonistic behaviors.

If you actually read his initial reports, he didn't actually say anything wrong, just things some didn't agree with. Yet in both instances he was met with "fucking idiot" and "anal sex with his mother".

Where I come from, both of these statements are "antagonistic". But I guess that's just the usual AP welcome wagon. I disagree with this. (I take my time in judging people) I could be wrong.

Regards,

BM

Jackson
01-29-08, 16:31
I think you cats give this shit way too much attention.

. I disagree with this. (I take my time in judging people) I could be wrong.BM,

I don't have the luxury of waiting for RSA's to ultimately reveal their true agendas, because by that time they've already accomplished their goal of disrupting the forum.

Consider Monster's record:

Monster's first post was in support of Sidney's appreciation of Dominicans, which as anyone who has surveilled this forum knows is a point of contention among a number of members. Supporting the apparently contentious positions of seemingly beleaguered forum members is one of several classic serial antagonists strategies as it serves to aggravate a large percentage of members while feigning innocence.

Monster's 2nd post was a universal condemnation of all Argentine escort websites with conclusions such as "most of the females posted were in fact internet models" and "Looks fake to me".

Monster's 3rd post was a back-handed slap at Exreda, which as anyone who has surveilled this forum knows is a popular rendezvous point for many forum members. Again classic SA behavior, especially considering that he's never even been to BA.

Monster's 4th post was an attack on MCSE wherein he accused MCSE of "pimp unknowing normal women", which Monster immediately proclaims is "not only wrong but very illegal", this coming from someone who has never visited BA but nevertheless considers himself enough of an expert in Argentine law to offer this legal opinion.

Monster's 5th post was offering his wishes that we all find a replacement for Exreda "by the time I arrive".

Monster's 6th post was yet another attack on MCSE.

Monster's 7th post was a backhanded attack on Gysell wherein he asks "How can I see your videos" and "do I have to pay for this?", which is an insinuation that Gysell is selling videos (which she is not)

Monster's 8th post was an attack on Doggboy, who was the first to recognize monster's pattern of antagonistic behavior, wherein Monster retorted "You are the one acting like an idiot".

Monster's 10th post was yet another attack on MCSE where he ridicules MCSE's plans as "seems quite moronic and states that he is "looking for your other idiot."

Monster's 11th post was again a classic SA strategy of pretending to be innocent in his Exreda observations, proclaiming that he was "just wondering what all the hoopla was about".

Monster's 12th and 13th posts were deleted by me as they were blatantly antagonistic.

So BadMan, how is it that you DO NOT see this obvious pattern of antagonistic behavior?

I'm tired of these idiots trying to disrupt my forums for their own amusement, and I've learned the hard way through experience that it's better to recognize and catalogue their behavior as early as possible, and to take decisive action to remove the cancer quickly.

Thanks,

Jackson

Monger514
01-29-08, 17:18
Nice try, Sid, but you forget one thing:

The Brazillan ''coke head' will move directly to L'Alliance and so you will not be able to avoid her, and in fact, you may even succumb to her charms (given the more intimate setting at L'Alliance) and have to fuck her. In which case, I want a review.

Aqualung
01-30-08, 01:12
Hi Aqualung,

I don't understand this statement.

1. How are the employees getting fucked? They had good jobs for who knows how many years, but now the owner of the business has decided to close it, which is his right. So the employees will collect their VERY GENEROUS severance pay and then move on to new jobs.

2. How are the providers getting fucked? In reality, the providers are just customers. However, the owner of the business has decided to close it, which is his right. So the providers will move on to other venues.

BTW, my earlier comments were in response to Daddy Rulz's comments, which made no reference to Exedra.

Thanks,

JacksonHi Jackson -

1- The fact that the severance pay is generous or not is irrelevant (I agree with you but that's a different point) It's what the law says must be paid! - How are they going to get fucked? Well they are not going to get paid what the law says! They are going going to get a % of it and probably in easy monthly instalments. Their protection against this would be to have the union take over the bar and not allow it to change hands till the payment is made in full. But as it's a "state secret" and only "radio passageway" is talking about the bar being closed the union doesn't step in. The place closes and the workers sue, the owners will say that they would love to pay but they don't have the money so the law can't force them to pay and the workers finally accept any agreement they can. And it's not so easy for them to move on to other jobs in a country with such a high unemployment rate!

2- The providers - The baker, the milkman, the butcher, the guy that brings the coffee or the booze or whatever usually get paid 30 or 60 days after they have provided the merchandise. 30 or 60 days after the joint is closed they are going to have to contract a magician to find the fuckers that owe them money. And IF they do they are also going to have to reach an agreement as to how much and in how many instalments they are going to be paid. A baker that brings 40 kilos of bread a day to Exedra is not going to find another client to sell that amount of extra bread to in a few days. He's going to have to cut down on how much he produces! Possibly having to lay off one of his workers!

3- The new company if it's a bar may take on some of the waiters but they will loose all their benefits (like the amount of days of holidays they are entitled to) that they have earned through antiquity at the old firm. (whether these benefits are fair or not once again is irrelevant - it's what the Argentine law says so they are going to get fucked out of vacation days every year!

You may consider a worker getting 50% of what he's entitled to as severance pay as still getting a generous payment but as to what the law says he should get, he's getting fucked out of the other half!

The clients aren't going to get hurt, they will move over to other places, the girls aren't going to get hurt, they will also find other places. Sidney will be happy that the girls won't be able to tell tales to each other and life will go on with or without Exedra. I'll miss it as I had my office for ten years on the 4th floor of the same building and it's still a place I meet my clients at and spend a few relaxed hours in the afternoons watching the World go by!

El Perro
01-30-08, 01:22
Let's hope Arnoldo lands on his feet somewhere.

Daddy Rulz
01-30-08, 04:24
Let's hope Arnoldo lands on his feet somewhere.Here's an idea, he already knows what 10% of your patrons drink.

Spassmusssein
01-31-08, 15:23
Not even the chicas, anymore)

1. The ex-employees have right to charge 1 month per year for "despido sin causa" (selling a place with the fancy laws here is NO "causa") Usually they accept this amount and send their own "telegrama de renuncia" to Corrypell (the company, that is running the place since 42 years) After that, they get their cash.

- If they take a lawayer (which is one of the slimiest deseases here) they will charge three times the amount (with "multae" and interests)

With the fancy laws here, the company has to pay the own lawayer (10%) lawayer of the ex-worker (10%) and the "mediador" (another f. Ing10% + 21% IVA) These perecentages will be based on the agreement, achieved in "mediacion (obligatory before going to court)

- Going to court will ruin the owners, they will be inhibited very very fast to avoid getting "bancrupt" with 3. 000. 000.

Lawayers will lie (it is alowed in labour-lawsuits) that the ex-emp. Got payed "en negro" ten times higher and charge for that amount the "indemnisación". They will share the result within the judge, the lawayer and the ex-emp.

2. Resto-buzz is cash-buzz. All the "proveedores" get paid "in cash on delivery". Hugo (who had also been my "proveedor" for years) and the others will have no prob.

Hope that Arnoldo really gets to a new place, will look around and find something, I am sure.

BadMan
02-03-08, 21:35
Might I suggest l'alliance?

Aqualung
02-03-08, 22:12
Might I suggest l'alliance?Ramiro, start stocking up the booze!

Jackson
02-04-08, 13:24
Might I suggest l'alliance?No patio with outside seating.

El Alamo
02-04-08, 14:35
And it's not so easy from them to move on to other jobs in a country with such a high unemployment rate (quaote)

The reason the country has such a high unemployment rate is because of their unions and because of their labor laws.

The unions are parasites and the labor laws are the most counter productive in the world

Spassmusssein
02-04-08, 15:26
which is going on. Politics and syndycalists the old / new "oligarchia de Argentina"

Labor-laws from the fifties and early seventies.

A bunch of "new" laws brought in by Hector Recalde (the advisor of fat Hugo Moyano and his fat son, the worst of all with his multi-million private income, stolen from the "obra social) will pass congress if CFK doesn't block them: impossibility to dismiss employees, impossibility to change way and place of a worker in his area. Any demand (even with a signed agreement in "mediacion") can be charged higher within 10 (TEN) years.

In doubt, in front of the judge, the worker ALWAYS is right (not important if you have witnesses / pruebas. Still there is no top on ART (security for accidents) they can charge you with any amount at any time.

Avoid employees here.

Let's hope that L'alliance could manage the business but it will be difficult. Good luck.

Aqualung
02-04-08, 15:28
And it's not so easy from them to move on to other jobs in a country with such a high unemployment rate (quaote)

The reason the country has such a high unemployment rate is because of their unions and because of their labor laws.

The unions are parasites and the labor laws are the most counter productive in the worldI wholly agree with you on this and I was merely stating it as it is. The local labour laws end up being the worker's worst enemy in the long run!

El Perro
01-18-09, 12:26
Cigar Eric pointed out the other night that there has been a plywood type wall erected around Exedra, so that you can't see what is happening behind. Maybe some progress being made? Any rumors? Tejano Libre? Aqualung?

Aqualung
01-18-09, 14:17
Cigar Eric pointed out the other night that there has been a plywood type wall erected around Exedra, so that you can't see what is happening behind. Maybe some progress being made? Any rumors? Tejano Libre? Aqualung?I passed by on Friday and all the windows and doors have been taken out and replaced by plywood.

Somebody has always been working there since the place was closed. I have heard hammering and so on very often but whoever it is is taking his time.

It's hard to understand that after investing a few million in buying the place there seems to be no hurry in getting it running again! There is certainly more than meets the eye!

El Perro
01-18-09, 14:25
I passed by on Friday and all the windows and doors have been taken out and replaced by plywood.

Somebody has always been working there since the place was closed. I have heard hammering and so on very often but whoever it is is taking his time.

It's hard to understand that after investing a few million in buying the place there seems to be no hurry in getting it running again! There is certainly more than meets the eye!Hmmm. Maybe Argentina is going to replace the Caymans as the new washing machine.

Aqualung
01-18-09, 23:37
Hmmm. Maybe Argentina is going to replace the Caymans as the new washing machine.The Argentine washing machine has been chugging along for decades at a very healthy rythm.

I don't see Exedra as being a big enough investment to be interesting for the laundry people. Hotel chains seem to be the favourite here. But who knows!

However, there still seems to be something strange behind it!

Thomaso276
01-19-09, 09:42
Maybe someone is digging a tunnel to a nearby bank?

TejanoLibre
01-19-09, 14:45
I passed by on Friday and all the windows and doors have been taken out and replaced by plywood.

It's hard to understand that after investing a few million in buying the place there seems to be no hurry in getting it running again! There is certainly more than meets the eye!I have been told that the temporary billboards have been erected to allow the workers to remove and replace the windows and original fascade.

The awful sidewalk will also be replaced by something a little nicer.

Maybe granite or marble but no doubt a damn slippery stone for shure!

Some of the old girls went in there the other day and they said that there are rooms that have been sectioned off inside the place.

Maybe a damn smoking section to be? I hope not.

The nice part of X was the fact that it was a corner with a wide and open view. A large room without walls.

A WOMB WITH A VIEW!

Sorry!

Now, as to my future plans:

Yes, it will be difficult but it will not be impossible. I hope.

I am trying to re-open and I am going to try to utilize my roof-top as an outdoor deck. Smoking section , patio daddy - oh !

With tables, chairs and maybe small bands. Jazz, etc.

It will be a nice place to hang-out and I WILL have chicas.

No real view other than the sky and the chicas but also no goddamn bus pollution and noise pollution !

Anybody want in!

Take Care,

Ramiro.

P. S - Who about my Cardinals? Exon my man!

Whiskas
01-19-09, 20:05
Maybe someone is digging a tunnel to a nearby bank?No man they are digging a last resort escape tunnel for CFK so she can get away when the economy crumbles! Tunnel will go from Casa Rosada to Ezeiza.

El Perro
02-14-09, 09:02
Took a look around inside the former Exedra space the other day. Outer walls gone and down to the cement floors inside. Not even a renovation. A completely different animal. No place to go but up from here.

TejanoLibre
02-15-09, 12:34
Took a look around inside the former Exedra space the other day. Outer walls gone and down to the cement floors inside. Not even a renovation. A completely different animal. No place to go but up from here.I poked my head inside the other night and I was told that the place will re-open on March 25th.

It WILL have a glassed-in smoking area where the bathrooms had been located previously. Like a fish-bowl.

All remnants of the old place have been eliminated!

Gone are the neon martinis on the signage. Bet you never noticed!

I should have grabbed them for posterity!

The latest word is that there WILL be girls.

Hand-picked.

Maybe?

TL

Aqualung
02-16-09, 05:19
I thought after all these years I had a grasp on Argentine commercial mentality but these guys have taught me that no matter how long you are here, there is still something you don't (or will never) understand.

Exon123
02-16-09, 17:49
I thought after all these years I had a grasp on Argentine commercial mentality but these guys have taught me that no matter how long you are here, there is still something you don't (or will never) understand.There "CockSuckers" Aqualung, shutting down our club house then doing nothing for a year or so putting all those girls and employee's out of work.

Exon

WorldTravel69
02-17-09, 05:00
If Ramiro does not get his Shit together I would love to have my next Birthday Party at Exedra.

First: you should celebrate Ramiro's B.D. and it is at the of February.

There "CockSuckers" Aqualung, shutting down our club house then doing nothing for a year or so putting all those girls and employee's out of work.

Exon

TejanoLibre
02-21-09, 16:14
If Ramiro does not get his Shit together I would love to have my next Birthday Party at Exedra.

First: you should celebrate Ramiro's be. D. And it is at the of February.Thanks G - Man!

I am going to have a birthday party at my restaurant on Feb. 28th. Saturday night.

There will be MOSTLY non-pro chicas but I will make an effort to invite the usual suspects from X, Orleans, La Madelein and a few Privados.

It could be as much as 180 people. I never know but it's always fun and it's FREE to get in.

Probably no food.

Just drinks, music, videos and girls!

I would love it if you guys would stop on by if your in the neighborhood!

After 11 p.

Let me know.

Take Care,

Ramiro.

L'alliance.

Cordoba 945

P.S - Could be some very nice local girls .....25 and up .

Not like the brats you would be stuck with at the local bars .