PDA

View Full Version : Brochette - 2939 Santa Fe

AllIWantIsLove
02-02-08, 00:35
I just ate here for the 2nd time. This is not a place to take a date. This is not a place to go to for great food. The food is mediocre. But the atmosphere really sucks. But this is not an "avoid" advisory. Because this is an all-you-can-eat place for 28 pesos. My beer added 7 pesos.

I don't know where the name comes from. So far as I can tell they do not serve brochettes. (That is what they call shish-kekab here, right?

There's a salad bar and a small section of it is actually devoted to a few leafy greens and fresh vegetables. It's easy to miss part of this section because it is tucked behind a table which is much too close to it. Most items are from a buffet. They do cook some things to order but I wasn't sure what they were. And there is a grill. I asked for some chicken and got a piece which looked OK but was really dry. I doubt that they grill anything to order. They also prepare panqueque to order. Meaning it is not cooked until you order it and it is then cooked in front of you. I doubt that you get to specify anything about how it is prepared.

Decent selection. Many items looked oriental. You have to wander around to find the grill and dessert buffet.

If they try to seat you near the buffet the downside is that it's pretty hectic there. But the upside is that it's a good place for chica watching and you also get to see which items have just been brought out and therefore haven't had a chance to dry out yet.

It's a family place. So there was a 5 year old running all over the place. And a couple of younger ones who I was afraid might start crying at any minute - but they never did. There were also a couple of very cute teenage daughters.

Tables are too close together. You go here to eat cheap. Period.

Santa Fe 2939. That's about 50 feet past Austria in the direction of traffic.

Bob

Jackpot
02-02-08, 03:19
This place sounds like an expensive sh-thole.

For cheap eats go on Lavalle between maipu and suipacha. Also, look on.

these streets between tucuman and corrientes.

Fifteen P plus 5p for drink. Tip 1 - 2 P TOTAL is less than 22 p out the door.

Jackpot

Seismo
05-30-10, 02:00
This is the most disgusting Chinese buffet I have eaten in, not only in Buenos Aires, but possibly in the entire western hemisphere!

Considering that all the tenador libres chinos in the city use the same supplier, they really worked at getting a taste this terrible. If you can find a worse place please keep it to yourself.

Rioman
05-31-10, 14:33
Because this place is closed (at least when I walked by there 2 months ago) Not going to start an argument about quality, but if you are spending extended periods in BA you really can get tired of the standard restaurants usually talked about on this board and have eaten at Brochette and places like it (Grants on Riobamba across Santa Fe is probably bit better than Grants on Los Heras) as certainly can find value there if you are quite hungry and in a hurry - especially if you like cheese / picada type stuff. The food selection is usually the same and generally stuff there that do not typically find at other places - aside from the stomach ache.