PDA

View Full Version : Super Bowl XLII

BadMan
02-04-08, 23:43
Just wondering how everything went for everyone.

How was the El Alamo Super Bowl experience.

How was the L'alliance Super Bowl experience.

I ended up watching it at home, but the whole Spanish dubbing and spanish commercials really ruined part of the experience for me ( note. I speak and understand spanish rather well ).

The game was pretty good. NY deserved the win, (the Pat's made way to many mistakes towards the end, I actually thought they had it in the bag for a while, but they got sloppy) they made less mistakes overall.

I still can't believe the Pats went undefeated the whole season, only to lose to the Giants, what's up with that?

Luckily I don't gamble very often, but some of my friends lost money on this one.

Anyhow. Let me know how it all went.

Regards,

BM

Esten
02-07-08, 02:12
Great fourth quarter, especially the final five minutes. Tom Petty was pretty good too.

El Perro
02-07-08, 02:26
Great fourth quarter. Especially the final five minutes. Tom Petty was pretty good too.The word going around is that Petty was lip synching. I thought while watching that much of what I heard sounded way too much like the original. Even the lead guitar sounded exactly like the radio version. I really noticed it on "Running Down A Dream". It wouldn't be the first time it has happened at the Super Bowl.

HairBalderman
02-08-08, 14:59
The word going around is that Petty was lip synching. Doggboy,

I seriously doubt Tom Petty would lipsynch. Besides, if you were listening, his voice soounded as if he had a cold.

El Perro
02-08-08, 18:12
Doggboy,

I seriously doubt Tom Petty would lipsynch. Besides, if you were listening, his voice soounded as if he had a cold.Hey, maybe you are right but I have strong suspicions that something was amiss at least to some degree. It is very difficult for a band to sound exactly like the studio version when playing a song (s) live. The lead guitar the other night was often an exact replica of the studio version. But hey, whatever. Either way won't mean a hill of beans in the long run.:)