PDA

View Full Version : Standard Restaurant --2203 Fitzroy

Knob and Tube
02-13-08, 22:40
Went here tonight at 8pm. First one to dine. Others followed shortly. Couldn't decide between the pasta, fish, or lamb. Asked the mozo what he recommended. Lamb, he emphatically said. OK, I'll give it a try. Sucked, big time. Came covered in some sweet sauce and mushrooms. Was expecting some kind of filet like a steak. Instead, it was pieces of shredded meat. Also ordered grilled mixed vegetables. Sucked, big time. Overcooked in butter. Best part of meal was the bread. Main dishes can be half ordered. 1/3 cup of Malbec was 17 pesos. 1/2 order of the shitty lamb was 28 pesos. Veggies 7 pesos, water 5, and cubierto 3. Not worth 60 pesos. Should have gone into Studesta Restaurant across street.

Oh well, just like chicas, win some, lose some.

Smuler
02-14-08, 01:50
Should have gone into Studesta Restaurant across street.It is Sudestada. And you should have gone.

Where are you based? The reason I ask, is are you used to spicy foods?

Regards.

Smuler

Knob and Tube
02-14-08, 01:56
I'm based in California, and yes, I'm used to spicy food.

Smuler
02-14-08, 02:12
Then Sudestada will work for you. If I am correct, Argentineans do not like spicy food, so I am hopeful that Sudestada can survive.

I went to BA twice last year, and went to Sudestada twice.

Friendly chica waitresses in the afternoon. Good noodles that are nicely spicy, excellent iced coffee and tea.

Good luck.

Smuler