PDA

View Full Version : Coming to BA End of March

HereICome
03-02-08, 15:16
Hi all,

I have read the board for a few years now and will finally be heading to BA March 29. Weekdays will be busy with Spanish class and other stuff, but I am looking for a few suggestions and answers.

1) (stupid question) Is the water okay to drink? I know in Panama I could, but in other Central America places, I couldn't. Is tap water in Argentina okay?

2) I am too old to hit some of the clubs that I see discussed on the boards. Seems like action doesn't start until 2:00 am or so, and it's best to not be flying solo. I'll be by myself and way too tired to stay up that late. I figured instead I would use some of the Chica websites like Platynum, that sound like a good alternative for the club scene?

3) I'll have a Saturday thru Monday with no plans and was thinking of a mini trip outside BA somewhere. Any suggestions? I was thinking maybe Chile (Santiago or Vina del Mar) Bariloche?

4) What is a good time to check out the Alamo?

Thanks to all.

AllIWantIsLove
03-02-08, 15:51
Hi all,

I have read the board for a few years now and will finally be heading to BA March 29. Weekdays will be busy with Spanish class and other stuff, but I am looking for a few suggestions and answers.

1) (stupid question) Is the water okay to drink? I know in Panama I could, but in other Central America places, I couldn't. Is tap water in Argentina okay?

2) I am too old to hit some of the clubs that I see discussed on the boards. Seems like action doesn't start until 2:00 am or so, and it's best to not be flying solo. I'll be by myself and way too tired to stay up that late. I figured instead I would use some of the Chica websites like Platynum, that sound like a good alternative for the club scene?

3) I'll have a Saturday thru Monday with no plans and was thinking of a mini trip outside BA somewhere. Any suggestions? I was thinking maybe Chile (Santiago or Vina del Mar) Bariloche?

4) What is a good time to check out the Alamo?

Thanks to all.1) Yes.

2) Depending on where you are comming from there may be a jet lag which will work to your advantage if you want to hit the clubs. I rely mostly on the web sites. And there is Orleans. And the privados.

3) I've only been to Bariloche and Iguazú. I don't hesitate to recommend either.

4) Can't help you I've never been.