PDA

View Full Version : Pipper's

Aqualung
03-07-08, 22:55
I just got a call from Sergio, the owner of Pipper's, the triangle club that recently closed. He invited me to the opening party of the new Pipper's - Paraguay street Nš 860 - Wednesday 12th from 10pm on.

Monger514
03-08-08, 00:02
Bring on the fat chicks!

Jaimito Cartero
03-08-08, 01:30
Is that the one that was always kind of a rip off club?

Because the triangle is:

Cattos-Hook-Ness.

Otherwise, it'd be a square, or some other geometrical shape.:)

Aqualung
03-10-08, 01:07
I wouldn't exactly call it a rip off club. It worked exactly like the other clubs even a little lower priced (I mean rip off club as the one next to Exedra) It was common for the third drink to be on the house (second drink for regulars) unlike the other clubs that will charge you even for a glass of water!

It was notorious in the last years for lower quality girls but once again, they were priced accordingly. I'm known for not being too choosy but I could take two or even three girls out of Pippers for the price of one from other joints and some of my parties have been of epic proportions.

The curious thing is that after Pipper's closed most of these (heavier) girls (Paula, Angeles and few I don't recall their names at this moment) crossed over to Ness and today work there charging regular Ness prices. (except to their regular clients)

So I'll see what goes on at the new place and report on it.

Suipacha always, to me, defied the geometrical laws as being a four sided triangle and the closing of Pipper's was another chapter in the decay of the golden era of Buenos Aires night life.

I remember the area in it's glory - and that's not too long back - The club on Suipacha between Cordoba and Paraguay that is a rip off club today was Banana's, then the four on the block between Paraguay and M. T de Alvear (Pipper's, Catto's, Hook and Stop [now Ness] and then crossing M. T. De Alvear you had Champagne. On M. T. De Alvear between Suipacha and C. Pellegrini you had Bells and Big Ben. On Paraguay on the 700 block (where the namless club is now) you had Conejo and between Suipacha and C. Pellegrini, Montecarlos. All great places packed with girls and clients. This was before the "privados" became (kind of) legal or at least common.

But again, I also remember when all the night clubs were all on 25 de Mayo the street was packed with white sailor uniforms from the ships in port. (That's where Mirta originally came from) - Anyone thinking of writing a history of mongering in BA get in touch I have a million stories!

Anyway getting back on the subject - Let's hope the new Pipper's will offer another option for mongers to get a decent priced piece of ass!

Hobby Fan
03-15-08, 00:59
Aqualung:

Did you find the place on opening night? I went by Wednesday intending to yell "Aqualung" and buy you a drink. But I could not find any Pippers in 800 or 900 block. Is this the new "Secret?"

The old Pippers was NOT a rip-off club. No problem, ever. It may have been a bit lower priced/less snobby. That is OK with me. But I will wait for a report on any new club.

WorldTravel69
03-15-08, 01:07
Ramiro and I got invited in to a new club last night, but we were on our way to Catto's. I did not catch the name.

Aqualung:

Did you find the place on opening night? I went by Wednesday intending to yell "Aqualung" and buy you a drink. But I could not find any Pippers in 800 or 900 block. Is this the new "Secret?"

The old Pippers was NOT a rip-off club. No problem, ever. It may have been a bit lower priced / less snobby. That is OK with me. But I will wait for a report on any new club.

Aqualung
03-15-08, 12:40
Aqualung:

The old Pippers was NOT a rip-off club. No problem, ever. It may have been a bit lower priced / less snobby. That is OK with me. But I will wait for a report on any new club.I didn't go, I haven't been in town for a week or two with some bronchial problem but as soon as I do I'll let you know. I think Sergio (the owner) told me it was 860 whe he phoned me!

Hobby Fan
04-07-08, 02:19
Any news? You know the owner.

Aqualung
04-07-08, 09:39
Any news? You know the owner.Check my thread on Secret.

http://www.argentinaprivate.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4613

I have only been there once and it was very early but if you have time take a peek and let us know. Don't expect a revival of the old Pipper's. It's a completely different thing but you'll see a familiar face or two.

El Perro
04-07-08, 10:52
A local buddy of mine went by Saturday night and gave it a big thumbs down. But, it was Saturday, so maybe it'll be better during the week. I guess the jury is still out.