PDA

View Full Version : Help newbies in town

Hobbying
03-12-08, 21:03
So I just got back from BsAs and I want to thank Esten, Sidney, Worldtraveler69, Lysander, and ofvcourse Jackson for guiding me through the BsAs scene.

I see alot of flaming going on whenever someone post how much they paid and how they're ruining it for others. Instead of flaming someone, my suggestion is that whenever a new person post that they'll be in town for the first time take them out to a place like Newports and a club or apt to see the kinds of action to be had and prices. I knew to negotiate but not the range nor the best procedure at different types of places. Someone that comes into BA for only once or who is use to spending more does not know better so it would be more productive to take them out and show them the ropes than to flame them if you really want to keep the inflation down. Just my 2 cents.

Thomaso276
03-12-08, 23:44
While I understand your point you are asking the members who live or spend alot of time here in BA to guide newbies around town. Do you have any idea how much time and effort is involved with this? What happens when either the newbie or the "guide" have personality clashes?

Why bother having a forum with unlimited information? First time visitors should read up as much as possible and pay attention to the info contained in this board specific to their desires (privados, clubs, SW's, etc. Then when they are here they can hook up with other members if agreeable.

Newbies- when you get down here, impress us with your efforts to learn and understand, we will appreciate it. If you have a million questions and want us to do all your talking, negotiating, food ordering, shopping, etc. Then just give us the money and we'll fuck the chica and let you know how it went.

Jaimito Cartero
03-13-08, 00:39
I also think it's very important that newbies take the time and effort to thoroughly read the forums before going down. So often, guys come to town and need to be spoon fed everything, since they've ignored the research on the board.

I won't waste my time with guys who haven't taken the time to do some of their own research. Plenty of others have, however, and I'm happy to share my insights on BA.

There are definitely some newbie stompers around. One thing that frustrates me is that guys will complain about getting ripped off, but if they had just spent an hour reading the forums, they wouldn't have gotten the shaft.

Jackson
03-13-08, 02:59
Greetings everyone,

I've done more than my share of introducing new visitors to the BA scene, and I've had the pleasure to met some remarkable guys in the process. Nevertheless, while I don't wish to appear inhospitable, I eventually got weary of buying my own $50 peso drinks in clubs I didn't have a personal need to visit, making recommendations that fell on deaf ears, waiting through hours of newbie "kid in the candy store" indecision, and negotiating with chicas at the request of guys who ultimately changed their minds.

Now I just give them a copy of my Club Maps (http://www.argentinaprivate.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2064) and my BA Tip Sheet (http://www.argentinaprivate.com/forum/images/pdf/BuenosAiresTipSheet.pdf).

(Unless, of course, they offer to buy my beers.)

Thanks,

Jackson

Stowe
03-14-08, 01:19
I knew to negotiate but not the range nor the best procedure at different types of places. Someone that comes into BA for only once or who is use to spending more does not know better so it would be more productive to take them out and show them the ropes than to flame them if you really want to keep the inflation down. Just my 2 cents.Sorry Hobbying but.

If the forum is thoroughly read then anyone would know the prices and how low to negotiate. Many mongers post the prices they paid and by filtering through those who over and under pay, a person should get a sense of the 'average' price and know how and when to negotiate based on the chica's initial asking price.

Having said that, most newbies are too lazy to spend the hours it requires to RTFF.

Suerte.

Stowe

Zeppo
08-15-08, 22:09
Yea I'm a newb heading down to BA, but I would have to side with the forum regulars on this one. It pretty much the same thing on any kind of forums you frequent.99% of the info you are looking for is already been posted, just a matter of finding it.

Gonna be down there for two months. And I got no problem buying a round for some of the forum guys. Be cool to hang out since my company saw fit to send down there by myself.

Argentina Cats
02-20-09, 20:09
Hi Everyone- Particularly Jackson and Zeppo.

I'm heading to BA on Sunday Feb. 22 and will be there for 6 weeks.

Your forum has a great deal of insights and I thank you guys for that.

As a newbie I plan to use the advise in this forum. Needless to say I've spent more than an hour reading these entries and some are just plain hilarious.

To Zeppo and Jackson: I plan to apply all the sound advise you guys provided and will be glad to buys you a beer when I'm in town.

Thanks again and keep on posting