PDA

View Full Version : FLOYD PARRILLA - Tucuman 874

Alan23
03-17-08, 18:37
Stumbled across this great lunchtime location. If you stay in the MicroCenter or find yourself there in the daytime, I highly recommend you give it a try.

They have 4-5 daily special, plus their normal menu. Each special comes with a main course, side order, beverage, and dessert. These specials range in price from 21-23p. A very good deal for the quality and quantity that is provided. The service is far better than average Argentine, especially if you have Micala as your waitress.

The main courses I have tried:

-matambrito de cerdo, best I have had in BsAs.

-brochetto de pollo, very good.

Salad is a side order option, if you are tired of potatoes.

I ask the owner for a couple of business cards after my first visit - she gave me 4, telling me she looks forward to the business. Every time I visit, she asks me where her extra business is as a joke. If you do happen to stop in, tell her Alan sent you (I get no benefit from this, other than trying to reinforce to Porteno business owners that loyality is important:-)

El Queso
03-20-08, 13:06
I just wanted to reinforce Alan's review. I've been there twice, both times with him, and both times thoroughly enjoyed the lunch we had.

Good service, the food is brought out quickly, and they even let us stay well past 3:00 when they close in the afternoon (I think the last time we left a little after 4:00) without bothering us or making us feel like we should be moving on out.

And the mashed potatoes are obviously done by hand. I don't know about most people, but I don't believe that potatoes should be put in a blender and pureed to fluidity.

El Aleman
03-20-08, 13:33
Thanks for the report, I will try it! I frequently have things to do in the microcentro during the day, and am always happy about good advice.

And, yes, mashed potatoes have to be mashed by hand. In the blender you get a sort of wallpaper glue.

2 culinary cents from.

El Alemán