PDA

View Full Version : Watercolor trip over. Feb. 12 to Mar 7

Nine Deholio
03-31-08, 02:14
Got in Feb. 12 - AA on time. Nice flight. I miss the female stews though. Something about not having those legs go down the aisle that just isn't quite the same. Food was exceptionally poor. Even the steward said," If you can call it meat." Took the taxi to GUB apartment. 68p.

Stayed at GUB two weeks. Great spot for everything. There is a transitorio on same block. Will repeat with GUB. Should have stayed longer there but I thought I'd get bored in one place for an entire month. Wrong. When I moved to Palermo (Paraguay why Gurachaga) the noise factor increased 10x. On a bus line, street level, old building, terrazzo interior surfaces. Reminds me of incarceration noises. Clanging doors, every little thing becomes a huge bang.

Palermo neighborhood was wonderful -full of shops, places to eat, friendly folks, etc. Apartment was close to my yoga studio with tons of architectural shapes for me to paint. Lots of leg to view. Right down the street from a gym. I rented thru ByT.

Second nite here went to Exedra to see the show and ran into Brenda, hit it off, but I was too tired to make the commitment. She wrote her phone number, turned out to be wrong. Went back next nite, sessioned with Erica at Horizonte. 200p. Was really in the mood for tub relax, but the damn thing was broken. Whats interesting is that she is pregnant, and didn't tell me until we are into it. Nice touch sweetie pie, good head. And then good bye. Sweet gal.

Had work to do for next week, plus that experience left me kind of lacking enthusiasm.

However did try Laprida 898 - called in from my phone from outside was "si," and buzzed me in. Elevator around back, last one, 11C. Got to the door, knocked, woman answers but didn't open, and never got in. Espanol would have helped.

Called to El Pariaso (Palermo Soho) twice and was abruptly turned down. NO INGLES! Like screw you.

After some workout misery and pain decided I needed a massage and went with Abril downtown. First the cabbie dumps me 8 blocks away. I'm already late. She speaks busted English and me poquito to limitado espanol. Not a good team. Finally hooked up and the massage was good. Hand job was good. 150p.

29th spent afternoon time with Romina at Gysells place. Nice clean digs, compared to others I have visited. She was on time, and it helps to have reception in English. 200p Overall a 4-5. Could have been an off day.

Same day had dinner at L'Alliance, which by the way deserves every bit of praise - meat was great. Service bar none the best. Probably the best steak I have eaten, including the USA. You just can't top wood coal cooked meat for flavor.

29th Evening to Exedra to give my regards to the place and have a lousy espresso. I will ask the universe to replace this establishment with one that has some of the same waiters, but a different food selection. Keep the chicas – that service aspect needs preservation.

Spent the rest of the trip painting and dodging rain. Not great for watercolors. Also had time to spend with a gal that lives there and took me around Palermo hoods to see if I want to move there. Frankly, I like the area around Ave Liberatador why Sarmiento. Way up in the air. What a view. Spent most of a day at Japanese gardens in peace and quiet.

Airport note: Fri Mar 7 - I went early to EZE for return trip to Denver, CO (thru Chicago) Flight AA was at 945pm. I got there at about 515 pm. They don't start handling people until 6-6-15. Even if you think they are going to take you thru one line, they always change their mind, and go another way. But getting there first puts you up front. The point is I got to wait in a chair and have something to drink rather than stand around for hours in one place. Do not under estimate rush hour traffic out of city on Friday late. It was an hour plus trip at 4 pm.

Waited probably 45 minutes to get ticket, have them check passport. Then you go pay the taxes. Then upstairs for security and another look at passport. Then thru Immigration. Another look at passport. Then thru the "shopping duty free." This is the only mall that dresses the help in outrageous miniskirts. The smell of divine perfume is everywhere.

I guess if you like to shop for your woman or need cologne you can't get in the USA this is the place. I bought a watch last trip that was the same price on line.

They have made some improvements in the gate lobby – new metal seating. Food was OK, but as usual double the price. Agua con gas and espresso was 11.50ar. Boarding was a bit more ordered than usual. However, they still search your bags as you get on the plane. All I can say is that they are courteous, but from a security standoint, I don't want them protecting the USA. She smiles, stuck her latex glove in my bag and said "OK", and motioned me on.

On the flip side, Chicago O'Hare security was as close to a cavity search as you can get.

Planning to be back in November 08. Many thanks for the humorous info on the board and the folks I met this trip.

Nine