PDA

View Full Version : So what the heck is open on National Workers Day?

Member #2041
05-01-08, 13:26
I'm finding lots of stuff is closed, including all banks, about 75% of the supermarkets and mini-kiosks (but these seem to be totally hit or miss) and most general purpose stores are as well, other than drug stores, which seem to all be open.

Among places for chicas, fortunately, my standby privado, Corrientes 1125 is open and I already availed myself of their service this morning. The gate at Maipu 359 was closed, I don't know if the privado itself is.

BTW, is this just a one day holiday? Because I will definitely need to hit a bank early tomorrow.

El Perro
05-01-08, 14:46
I'm finding lots of stuff is closed, including all banks, about 75% of the supermarkets and mini-kiosks (but these seem to be totally hit or miss) and most general purpose stores are as well, other than drug stores, which seem to all be open.

Among places for chicas, fortunately, my standby privado, Corrientes 1125 is open and I already availed myself of their service this morning. The gate at Maipu 359 was closed, I don't know if the privado itself is.

BTW, is this just a one day holiday? Because I will definitely need to hit a bank early tomorrow.My experience has been that today is one of the most "observed" holidays in BA. Most places are closed. Very few kioskos open. Tomorrow it will be back to normal.

Member #2041
05-01-08, 17:13
I will add that MALBA is open, but the Museo Nacional de Belle Artes is not. But I don't think that the Museo Nacional is closed for the holiday. They were closed yesterday as well, and there is a sign on the door saying that they are closed for ¨technical issues¨with no explanation, nor indication of when they would re-open.

I have also noticed that some restaurants that are open are offerring ¨special¨holiday pricing. I. E. They are charging MORE than normal. I will be glad when it is tomorrow.

Guiller
05-01-08, 17:41
BTW, is this just a one day holiday? Because I will definitely need to hit a bank early tomorrow.Tomorrow everything will be open as in any normal dayweek. May 1st is one of the most thoroughly observed non-religious holidays in many parts of the world, including Europe. In particular, banks will be operating in their normal opening hours. However, you should expect longer waiting lines due to today's holiday.

All the best.

Member #2041
05-02-08, 13:46
Thanks. Got my banking done first thing this morning, no problem.