PDA

View Full Version : Lines at Ezeiza

Moore
05-03-08, 21:47
I flew out of EZE last Sunday night - what a zoo it was. I happened to call earlier that day to confirm my flight and the agent told me to arrive 3 hours before departure which I disregarded.

Luckily my apartment checkout process was done nearly an hour early so I left Recoleta for EZE about 6:30pm and arrived about 7:05. I barely made my 9:30 flight. Surprisingly the check-in line was a breeze, but it took about 2 hours just to enter / clear security and customs. The line to enter security was not exactly organized and was the length of the international terminal. Lots of people missed their flights.

There was no apparent problem that night except severe understaffing in those areas.

Member #2041
05-05-08, 20:36
Well because of this post, I allowed 3.5 hours at Ezeiza on Sunday May 4th for my 9:25 flight to DFW. And naturally, the security and imigrations formalities took less than a half hour to take care of. So I killed nearly 3 hours reading and browsing the duty free shops.

Thomaso276
05-05-08, 21:04
Pilot friend of mine say Sundays are the worse because of all the flights leaving during the evening. However, I think there are alot more carriers 7 days a week with night flights so it is gonna get busy.

Exon123
05-05-08, 21:21
Member #2041

The miskate you made was "Not" going into American Airlines "Admirals Club" located on the otherside of the duty free store. If your not a member you can buy a temporary membership for a one time only admission since you were flying on American.

Great relaxing enviorment away from the "Madding Crowd", free WiFi for your lap top, free food, all the Beefeaters you can drink for free, since you serve yourself, also beer, wine and soft drinks, all free.

My friend Punter 127 took me in their for the first time, its was the best flight home I ever had.

Highly recomended for experienced Mongers by.

Exon

P.S. And Thomaso is right on, never fly on Sundays if at all possible. You'll get all the Business & Tourist passengers. Try the middle of the week, Tuesdays, Wednesdays & Thursdays, much better chance of getting that extra seat which makes sleeping that much easyer.

TomChadwick1
05-05-08, 22:21
Is having an AA-Advangage gold card consider a member in this Admirals club?

Punter 127
05-05-08, 22:50
Is having an AA-Advangage gold card consider a member in this Admirals club?Access to oneworld international lounges requires Platinum status or a paid membership.

http://members.shaw.ca/fewmiles/AA/recht/tiers.html#1

Glad you enjoyed it Exon! :D

Member #2041
05-05-08, 23:02
Member #2041

The miskate you made was "Not" going into American Airlines "Admirals Club" located on the otherside of the duty free store. If your not a member you can buy a temporary membership for a one time only admission since you were flying on American.Nah, I was well aware of it. IMHO, these Admirals' Club 1 day memberships are generally not worth the money. Especially since I don't drink - except for much better red wines than they stock at Admirals' Clubs.

SmokersRule
05-06-08, 02:03
If you make 3-4 trips per year, Admirals is worth it. $350 membership in promotion (I think it's more if you don't have the promo, but they do promos all the time) They have nice Admirals Clubs in almost every possible mongering destinations. Plus in many locations they have free showers. Not to mention free Wifi. Best decision I've made in a long time.

Miami Bob
05-06-08, 02:25
American Express card holders--green through black--have their own club at Ezeiza. It is next to gate 2 and 100% free. It is simular to the Admirals Club.

When I was American Airlines platinum, I had free access to the admirals club.

The two clubs are roughly simular-----I don't think there is free Beefeaters [sorry Exon].

Next time you have extra time at ezieza ask for the centurium club or just the american express club, by gate 2. Just flash an am exp card and you are in. It says Centurium on the front door. It is at the end of the large room by gate two and next to the luftanza club.

Suerte

Member #2041
05-06-08, 11:25
Back in the day that my company paid for it, I used to be an Admirals Club member. They are OK, but IMHO, I personally think that they are worth something on the order of $20 to $25 a visit. With my own money, I couldn't justify any more for them.

OTOH, I certainly wish that I had known about the AMEX lounge, as Free definitely is the right price for these types of amenities, and I have a Gold card.

Exon123
05-06-08, 14:02
American Express card holders--green through black--have their own club at Ezeiza. It is next to gate 2 and 100% free. It is simular to the Admirals Club.

When I was American Airlines platinum, I had free access to the admirals club.

The two clubs are roughly simular-----I don't think there is free Beefeaters [sorry Exon].

Next time you have extra time at ezieza ask for the centurium club or just the american express club, by gate 2. Just flash an am exp card and you are in. It says Centurium on the front door. It is at the end of the large room by gate two and next to the luftanza club.

SuerteIMHO, I've been in their a couple times when taking the Delta flight to Atlanta. Its OK, but nowhere near as "Swank" as the Admirals Club. American has better food and a much better selection of "Booze" to drink.

But everyones missing the real point. These Clubs are a much better place to wait for a 10 hour flight than out in the boarding areas with the general public.

Finally, I've flown "em" all with the exception of United which isn't convient for my destination. Continental has the best service and aircraft to Houston, with the exception of Americans 777 service to Miami, but Miami's customs is "Fucked", their CockSuckers.

Delta has the best check in at EZE and leaves the earlest. Reason, American has 5 flights every night, Delta only 1. So you walk in and theres a "Zoo" of people at the American counter checking in over a 1000 people and the Delta counter is almost vacant checking in only about 250.

Exon

Member #2041
05-06-08, 14:33
But everyones missing the real point. These Clubs are a much better place to wait for a 10 hour flight than out in the boarding areas with the general public.Not at all. "Much" is a very relative thing. They are certainly pleasant enough, but it's not like you're getting a massage with a hot chica. It's merely a quieter place, with softer chairs, better reading material, maybe a PC with internet access, snacks and a bar. As I said, I'd pay perhaps $20-25 for the privilege of spending a couple of hours in one of these lounges one particular time rather than amongst the general public. Certainly not more. They simply don't offer all that much to be worth more than that - at least to me. If I had an 4+ hour layover to kill, perhaps I'd see more value, but really, for a couple of hours to kill or less, I couldn't see dropping $50 a pop for a one day entrance, or $350 a year for the limited value of these places. As I said, when my company paid for my Admirals' Club membership, I used it. But I dropped it as soon as it involved my own money.

Exon123
05-06-08, 16:38
CAL has old, menopausal bitches serving= very uncomfortable. AA is so-so. Copa is the worst possible, plus they fly small seats on 737's! Huge lines at EZE.Sidney,

My last Continental flight was stocked with "Fags" as flight attendants.

I gave one of the CockSuckers, (quite litterely) a hundred dollar bill for a couple "Beefeaters" and no change.

Well as they were serving dinner I asked the CockSucker again for change, and heard him mutter under his breath, "He's cutting into our tips".

I finally got the money as we were landing at EZE, the MotherFucker.

Exon

HairBalderman
05-07-08, 18:20
I like to refer to CAL as County Jail Airlines.

Jackson
05-08-08, 15:18
I moved the James Carville discussion to it's own thread.

http://www.argentinaprivate.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4709

Thanks,

Jackson

Aqualung
05-08-08, 20:43
There'll be longer lines in Ezeiza tonight! American and United have suspended their flights due to the volcanic dust!

At the moment Continental and Delta are still flying!

Master J
05-09-08, 00:45
I was traveling quite a bit there over the past few years, when I was a Platinum member they of course allowed me to enter the club.

When I dropped down to a Gold member, when I was checking in at the platinum line for check in, they said at EZE gold members were also allowed to use the club without a fee.

The only time my flight was cancelled, they provided after a little effort on their part, 30 rooms at the Intercontinental for those present in the Admirals club.

I strolled over to the general population while we were waiting and they were making plans for people to share rooms. CHAOS.

In fact the last time they were occupied at the desk and I just walked in to the right and took a little rest. I would recommend staying near here if you are an AA customer.

Exon123
05-09-08, 03:19
Excuse me, but what did you just say below.

Exon

Master J
05-09-08, 10:31
A previous post said a platinum membership was need to enter the American Airlines admirals club. I believe you only need to be Gold level member to enter. Only at EZE for some reason. I thought this might be helpful to some of the gold memebers unless they have changed policy. I doubt it.

Punter 127
05-09-08, 12:13
A previous post said a platinum membership was need to enter the American Airlines admirals club. I believe you only need to be Gold level member to enter. Only at EZE for some reason. I thought this might be helpful to some of the gold memebers unless they have changed policy. I doubt it. If they are letting you in with a Gold Level status, well then lucky you. However if you check AA benefits page you will find admission to the Admirals club is a Platinum level benefit (oneworld Sapphire) and not a Gold benefit, it’s also only good if you’re on an international itinerary. You are however allowed entry if you’re flying business or first class, so unless you’re a “bottom feeder” flying coach (like me) entry to the Admirals club shouldn ’t be a problem.

http://members.shaw.ca/fewmiles/AA/recht/lounges.html#1

I suspect the person who let you in on a gold level just didn’t know the rules, but that doesn’t mean the next person you encounter at the club entry will let you in. The last time I left BsAs I had to talk to two different people before I was allowed to check in at first/business class window (much shorter line) which is also a Platinum benefit even when flying coach.

BTW it’s fairly easy to get Platinum status if you take the AA challenge, you could possible get it on one trip to BsAs, Jaimito Cartero has posted about this in the past.
You can find info on Flyertalk and Flyerguide.

http://members.shaw.ca/fewmiles/AA/recht/challenge.html
http://flyerguide.com/wiki/index.php/Challenge

WorldTravel69
05-09-08, 15:30
The wind shifted, so they are flying again.

I asked them if the ash was still bad wouldn't you use Prop Planes? They said they don't have any here. I said they could bring some down from the states and ferry us to Sao Paulo or Rio. But you know that would never happen.

There'll be longer lines in Ezeiza tonight! American and United have suspended their flights due to the volcanic dust!

At the moment Continental and Delta are still flying!