PDA

View Full Version : Rosa Negra- fantastic steaks, moderate prices

Balls Deep
05-23-08, 11:36
I have been traveling to BA for 9 years. In my opinion, Rosa Negra Restaurant in San Isidro is consistently, the best Argentine food, service and decor I have experienced and less money than the upscale places in the center. Rosa Negra is a class act. A Japanese Chef gives the food a different and sophisticated twist. The Japanese style seafood stew is to die for. All steaks are Export Quality, Premium Angus Beef. They have an extraordinary wine selection and a profound knowledge of the cellar. Enjoy!

Miami Bob
05-24-08, 00:14
The food and service are tops at a reasonable price for the quality. Unfortunately you need car or a very long taxi ride. I ate there may 5 times a few years ago. It was the quality of Happening or Mirasol at at 25% to 33% discount.

Today I'd prefer to keep Ramiro in business unless I need to impress someone with some fancy stuff whish has nothing to do with the quality of the food.

Bob

Dickhead
05-24-08, 00:45
Uhhh ... Ever heard of a train? This is typical gringo thinking. The place is right by the horse track. Take the Tigre line to Acasusso. It is a bit of a hike from there (maybe 2 km; the cross street is La Paz, just a couple of blocks inland from Avenida Alexander Fleming) but a very short cab ride. Or get off the train and take a bus down Avenida de la Unidad Nacional. The Tigre line from Retiro to Acasusso is 30 minutes, quicker than any cab will get you there, and even with the bus ride, I bet you could get there faster than driving. You could leave the place at 11:30 or so and still get the last train back. Or the #60 bus has a "semi-rapido" that would get you to Pan Americana and Unidad Nacional and take Unidad Nacional towards Fleming; that might even be better. Or take the #152 to its terminus (in Olivos) and then take a cab.

Or stay locked into a "must drive" mindset with oil at $135 a barrel. The choice is yours! Keep in mind, though, your choices affect everybody.