PDA

View Full Version : Clothes Sent?

Jcowle1
06-03-08, 19:13
Guys,

I am living here in Buenos Aires, and I need to have a significant amount of stuff shipped to me for the winter (like a suit, jackets, an overcoat, and a fair amount of clothes) Obviously, it would be like a box of stuff. I didn't have room when I first came, and I didn't realize it would be this cold.

Has anyone had any experience doing this? Can someone recommend me a method? UPS, FedEx, DHL? I am assuming UPS or FexEx, but I just want to make sure.

Thanks

TejanoLibre
06-03-08, 21:23
I have used the U. S Postal Service many times over the last three years but it is a major hassle and not very cheap either!

Your package will be sent to the international mail / package center in Puerto Madero and you will have to go there to pick it up.

They will SEARCH your package!

They will open it up before your eyes and they will make you pay import taxes / duties if they think that the items are new or are going to be sold!

Forget about electronic items or video games, etc. Even movies on dvd!

Anyway, it's not that cold dude! Buy a shitty leather jacket and rough it.

How often are you standing outside in the wind when it's sundown?

Your either in a cab, bus, train, subway or a house, apt. Privado, etc.

The fucking restaurants, bars, clubs, privados, banks, offices, etc. Are so goddamn hot because they turn the fucking heaters on in May!

These people are so cold natured that I am constantly fighting with my girlfriends because they claim to be cold when it's only 72 fucking degrees! SHIT!

I'm sweating in this goddamn locutorio as I write this!

The motherfuckers!

They are such pussies!

Grown men with gloves on!

It's the goddamn humidity and furnaces!

Absolutely ridiculous people!

Good Luck!

Ramiro

BadMan
06-03-08, 23:41
Has anyone had any experience doing this? Can someone recommend me a method? UPS, FedEx, DHL? I am assuming UPS or FexEx, but I just want to make sure.

ThanksDHL is your best bet.

Regards,

BM.

Daddy Rulz
06-04-08, 02:25
If time isn't an issue send it with a freight forwarder. Be prepared to pay some coima though. Because the mail is so fucked up, FedEx, UPS, and DHL charge a fortune. Much cheaper to just buy clothing there.