PDA

View Full Version : Need some advice.

Uzinuzin
06-23-08, 13:36
I finally decided that my two weeks holiday in mid-Nov should be in BA. I am a regular visitor of DR and Thailand (also been to Cuba and Dubai, of course many other countries but only these really qualify for P4P) so I thought I need a change. I picked BA because I speak some Spanish (I would like to say intermediate but that's wishful thinking - I need a lot of revising till Nov. And I love latin dances (I could do most of them except tango and samba I guess) and of course latin chicas. (Not forgetting BA having such great coverage / info here on this board.

I've done some reading in the forum (and I do a lot more) but I have a few quick questions. (There is no "General Info" thread like other branches of ISG, so I thought I put my post here.

1- It seems apartment rental is the way to go for two weeks (far better value) although my first time in BA I really like the idea (I just need to pay more for some extra maid service / towels / linens per week I guess - it would be good to have every other day supply with all the girls, hopefully, coming and going! Now I am concern about:

A)- Security / Safety (should I be worried too much about this, taking usual precautions.

Be)- Deposit (would you see it again, or they take a magnifier glass around the place and pick on every little stain to avoid giving you back the money. I'm talking generally.

C)- I know there're some offers here on the board for apartments (specially Jackson's - sorry a bit steep in price for me, but looks great) and most probably quite safe, but is it pretty OK to go with bairesapartments.com or bytargentina. Com, I hear these two are quite respectable.

D)- By partially reading some reports I think I like the bars / cafes and basically the action downtown / microcenter more than other areas and I love to be close to where I hang out / pick up, so is this area good for renting, any big issue I need to take into account.

E)- In general can you take chicas up to rented apartments or is this something to be asked and confirmed with agent / landlord.

A quick yes / no to most of the above will put my mind at ease.

2- I like the semi-pro seen (that's why I'm a regular DR, Thai visitor) when you can get a girl to hang out with you for a few days, but it seems BA is really geared up for 1 hour pros, any advise on where to go for more semi-pro action. (I guess this is hard to come by in big cities - much easier in small, beach towns. I found big city girls are always busy and running around like the rest, can't get away fast enough in the morning.

3- I like to dance salsa / merengue / bachata, is there any bar that single girls hang out for these kind of dances (perhaps with some P4P action) - please not the places with lessons for couples to go and learn.

Well, sorry for a long post, I try to put smaller questions and in their right thread.

Cheers,

Uzinuzin
07-07-08, 21:12
Thanks for the info, very helpful. I'm now in the process of securing a reservation for an apartment for 2 weeks (if they ever reply to my emails that is - it's SA laid back speed, I'm used to it, plenty of time. In fact I'm told it's too early as some landlords want to wait and see if they can get a long-term tenant.

Andres
07-07-08, 23:41
D)- By partially reading some reports I think I like the bars / cafes and basically the action downtown / microcenter more than other areas and I love to be close to where I hang out / pick up, so is this area good for renting, any big issue I need to take into account.

3- I like to dance salsa / merengue / bachata, is there any bar that single girls hang out for these kind of dances (perhaps with some P4P action) - please not the places with lessons for couples to go and learn.

Well, sorry for a long post, I try to put smaller questions and in their right thread.

Cheers,D) Microcenter is busy and loud. I wouldn't live or stay there if other choices were available. An apartment in Palermo Viejo would be optimal: Close enough to downtown and retired enough to get away from the noise, and also close to Cocodrilo / Salomé / Rio Cabaña and such.

3) Unfortunately, BA has only half a dozen places, most of them with the typical setting of "learn first and dance later". IMO, La Salsera at Yatay 961 is the best place. Azúcar at Corrientes 3300s also, but sketchy place in town. Also, you will see many foreigners dancing there, or very few local women below 30-35. I'd go there just for fun, with not too many expectations.

Andres

Dodger Bulldog
07-09-08, 01:32
A)- Security / Safety (should I be worried too much about this, taking usual precautions.I have never found it to be of concern. Certainly less so than in any other major city where I have been.

Be)- Deposit (would you see it again, or they take a magnifier glass around the place and pick on every little stain to avoid giving you back the money. I'm talking generally.I have stayed in apartments here twice before and they simply handed me the deposit back without even looking around.
C)- I know there're some offers here on the board for apartments (specially Jackson's - sorry a bit steep in price for me, but looks great) and most probably quite safe, but is it pretty OK to go with bairesapartments. Com or bytargentina. Com, I hear these two are quite respectable.I have used bytargentina with success. The maps and photos have been very accurate. I developed a relationship with the landlord so now I can rent direct. This trip it saved me 10% plus the $35 administration fee that bytargentina charges.
D)- By partially reading some reports I think I like the bars / cafes and basically the action downtown / microcenter more than other areas and I love to be close to where I hang out / pick up, so is this area good for renting, any big issue I need to take into account.I certainly respect Andres' comments. Though perhaps it sounds as if you may be a bit more like me, as I adore to be in the middle of things.

I love staying in Microcentro, having Cafe Orleans across the street to take my coffee, and places like Cutty Sark and Jaz Pub around the corner. A supermarket and several restaurants and cafes are within a block, and the Galeria Pacifico and Florida pedestrian mall are just a block a way. The Triangle clubs are only a few blocks further, not to mention all the privados within walking distance.

Occasionally I hear a truck go by, but by the time I have fallen asleep the chicas have worn my ass out and nothing seems to bother me.

I suppose it depends on your personal taste which area will serve you best.
E)- In general can you take chicas up to rented apartments or is this something to be asked and confirmed with agent / landlord.I believe everyone would think you are pretty odd duck if you didn't bring chicas up on a regular basis!

The doormen in my building all like to hear which chicas are best, and will snap a photo of us together for a peso. Sunday I felt like I needed to take a day off. The old fellow working became concerned and asked me if I was feeling alright.

These guys seem to enjoy having a role to play in the process. Perhaps it reminds them of their younger days?

Hope this helps.

DB

P. S. Wherever you stay, BEFORE you pay the rent tell them you want to hook your laptop to make sure the internet is working. It can be complicated hooking into a different ISP, and I needed a tech who understood Spanish to input the correct protocals (I guess).

I didn't do this first, and it took four days of complaining before I got internet service in my room. Live and learn.