PDA

View Full Version : How to get around for non-spanish speaking mongerers

Paradiso666
08-03-08, 04:08
Is it doable, to enjoy BA's girls without speaking spanish? Does anyone know a reliable translator who knows what mongerers want? Any other tips?

Wild Walleye
08-03-08, 17:47
It is absolutely doable.

Do your homework on the forum (addresses, prices, girls, etc) and don't forget the spanish phrases section.

If you want to warm up with an english speaking establishment, go to Gysell's (I have not been there-but want to-the girl may not speak english but there will be someone there that does) or get a provider that has been recommended and identified as speaking english (e. G. Luciana Love- who is both fluent in english and all the other stuff) and have her come to your hotel.

Before you go to the privados, know the prices and apt #s. Just ring the doorbell and say "Hola, soy John." When they buzz you in, know where you are going. Know the practices and prices and if they say something different, just say "no."

If you want a translator to set things up, look at Roxanne's thread.

Stick to well recommended places and don't be intimidated by the language.

Good luck

Sinistra
08-03-08, 18:15
Try this: go to platynum. Com. Ar and then click on "english version at the bottom. After that, click on "search engine" on the left hand side of the screen and on the screen that comes up click "enter" (the one in English) About 2/3 of the way down the search list criteria you'll see "idioma / language" and highlight "ingles." There's also an "ingles basico," but that's basically meaningless. Most of the girls who say they know ingles basico know no more than the average carton-slinger in the street. There is a small list of girls who speak English, but you can try them. If none interest you, highlight "ingles basico" and give that a try

Dickhead
08-03-08, 20:27
Suckie, fuckie, no intiendo, no comprenda, hand signals, dinero, and no! I works for me!Impressive. Countless time spent here, endless hours posting bullshit, and you can't even get "no entiendo" and "no comprendo" right. Oh, and they use "plata" here, not "dinero." But you don't give a shit since you think "everyone should speak English."

And what is "I works for me"? Ebonics?

Dickhead
08-03-08, 21:25
Right, my post had to do with the markets. Yeah, that's it. The markets.

Punter 127
08-03-08, 21:31
I have never heard anybody say “Suckie, fuckie ” in BsAs, Thailand yes but not in BsAs. You might try “love you long time ” it seems to go well with “Suckie, fuckie, ” but it really doesn ’t matter what you say just keep saying it louder, they will understand sooner or later; I ’ve seen this work especially well with taxi drivers. :rolleyes:

Paradiso666: Pesos speak louder than words.

Sinistra
08-03-08, 22:58
Basta! We don't care! Take it elsewhere!

Daddy Rulz
08-04-08, 01:17
Salemos (lets get out of here) pronounced Sah-lee-mose.

Her answer will have one of these words in it.

Nombre-shes asking for your name.

Dale pronounced (Dah-lee)- Ok baby, strap in it's time to go for a ride.

Cuantos- how much? Hold up one finger she will hold up 5 hold up 1, keep holding up 1 until she gets out of her chair then hold up 2.

At the telo she will hold out her hand, say despues (dis-pue-ess) if she balks start getting dressed, she will change her mind.

Afterwards she will say it was supposed to be in dollars but you just laugh and walk out of the telo after giving her 200 pesos. What's she going to do, refund your spoog.

Rinse and repeat.

Paradiso666
08-04-08, 04:08
First of all, thanks everybody for all info. Where's Gyselle? And the other english speaking lady?

@dickhead: FYI, I speak Dutch, German, English, French and Russian. Just not Spanish, so no, I don't think everyone should speak English.

Dickhead
08-04-08, 04:59
My comment about everyone should speak English was not aimed at you, Paradiso.

Seismo
08-04-08, 18:49
We would hate to see you starve, so learn these easy words:

Pizza.

Espagetti.

Ham-burr-gurr.

Coca-cola.

Or just go to Burger King and point at the menu

El Perro
08-04-08, 18:56
What's a mongerer? Somebody who mongers mongers?

Jackson
08-04-08, 19:19
Greetings everyone,

Getting around in Argentina with little or no Spanish is not difficult.

First, you should understand that Argentineans grow up and live in a society in which they are exposed to a lot more English than typical Americans are exposed to Spanish. For example, Argentineans routinely listen to popular English language music, watch popular English language TV shows, and view popular English language movies. Thus many of them do understand a fair amount of English, although they are generally reluctant to actually speak English because they do not wish to sound as uneducated as the Americans they hear attempting to speak Spanish. Therefor, I would make the following recommendations for non-Spanish speakers:

1. Speak in English, slowly and clearly. Keep your sentences simple. Use only the first definition of the words. Avoid using any slang.

2. For taxi drivers and other situations where you need to give directions, write the address on a piece of paper and show it to the driver. This will reduce mis-communications that result from similar sounding names.

3. With chicas, write the amount you want to pay, the time, etc. on a piece of paper, and be sure to add the words "Pesos" or "ARS" to reduce subsequent arguments.

Thanks,

Jackson

Daddy Rulz
08-04-08, 21:10
Getting around in Argentina with little or no Spanish is not difficult.And he should know, he has learned a word a year, 4 years later, 4 words. Badump bump

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

1. Speak in English, slowly and clearly. Keep your sentences simple. Use only the first definition of the words. Avoid using any slang.And if they still don't get it, repeat louder and louder and louder until they do.

Jackson
08-05-08, 01:37
And if they still don't get it, repeat louder and louder and louder until they do.Obviously, DR is joking about this specific recommendation.