PDA

View Full Version : Heading to La Plata

Zeppo
08-09-08, 22:46
I'm looking for pointers and anything else you wanna throw at me.

Heading down in two weeks.

Exon123
08-10-08, 02:44
Zeppo,

Bring plenty of money.

Exon

Zeppo
08-10-08, 16:14
Great. LOL

Dickhead
08-10-08, 16:58
I guarantee Exon has never been to La Plata, which is the capital of Buenos Aires province. My guess is the OP means Mar del Plata.

Exon123
08-10-08, 20:12
Why would I ever want to go their, theres much more than I can handle here in Buenos Aires.

Still bring plenty of money.

Exon

Zeppo
08-11-08, 00:23
Nope I mean la plata, have some business there, or rather my company does.

Dickhead
08-11-08, 01:13
There is a thread for La Plata. I think Jackson even went there many years ago on a field trip. It's a shit hole. Have fun anyway. It's only about 45 minutes by train from Buenos Aires IIRC.

Cordoba Dan
08-11-08, 10:30
Went to La Plata last year. There really isn't a whole lot there although a friend just took a trip and her photos showed a town slightly more interesting than the one I remember. The diagonal streets are an absurdity and now I know why other places have not tried this as well. They make walking around a pain in the ass and they elongate the intersections. Crossing in certain directions seemed more dangerous, while the condition of sidewalks may actually be worse than BA with a heavier load of dog crap. The streets are also numbered and if you are in one of the many sections without landmarks, the place is quite disorienting. Also had lunch at a central place on Plaza Italia where the chap took a considerable amount of time figuring out what he wanted to charge me because he couldn't figure out where I was from. Hope you have plenty of time to travel. Disfrute.

Zeppo
08-11-08, 21:56
Sso as it turns out, I was able to score a hotel in BA not to far from Recoleta. The Esmerelda Suite, I believe.

Zeppo
09-23-08, 23:22
Sso as it turns out, I was able to score a hotel in BA not to far from Recoleta. The Esmerelda Suite, I believe.Yea, so I got talked out of the hotel in BA because of the commute. The bussiness chap in me is grateful, but the other 95% wants to kick myself in the ass. There are a few clubs here in la plata that I've checked out. Not bad really if all you want is non pro action. Have meet a few gorgeous women but I haven't the time. Going to try to make it to BA at least one weekend before I leave but I have the sinking suspicion that I will only be able to spend the day there before my flight heads back to the US. Trying to set up a date with Gysell to come see me at the hotel for some dinner and fun. From the majority of reports on her I think shell be good lady to break into this scene. I'm a total newb. Hah.